Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1996 (resized).JPG
IMG_4630 (resized).JPG
IMG_4928 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4858 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK OK - everyone keep your pinside panties on.....
1) OP - as the guy who actually provided you instructions on how to install the stock EL blades, I only wish you the best on this sale and it's CLEAR market has spoken. At this exact day and time, Alien is worth 11.5 or whatever you sold it for. Not taking anything away from that. Congrats on the sale.
2) I would not spend 11.5 or 11k or 10.5k, for a SE Alien. Folks talking about price on this thread are all owners or previous ones that have skin in the game. Both are facts - both are my points originally. I'm not saying it's not going to be sold for a higher price even after this. We all know there are suckers all over the place buying things. I can't control that. I am saying what I would pay. That's all. If I don't get another alien b/c of that, np!
3) Mark - your comment seemed to indicate it's a pin you will enjoy and others have paid much more so as long as your happy. To me that sounds like forget the cost of it, as long as your happy it's good. I don't operate that way. Simple as that. Not saying you're wrong - just not me. If I misunderstood no worries, forget what I said as it was based on that interpretation.
Cheers

All this is absolutely correct.

Only thing I will say is I don't really believe anyone is a sucker for buying what they want. Price doesn't matter in some scenarios to people who just want something. These sales could be outliers but we will never know because there are not too many to choose from.

#52 5 years ago

Also please keep in mind, I see people mention a term "price pumping". I assume you guys mean people are thinking about selling this game and are trying to insinuate its value is higher than what would be the norm for this title. I think the value of a game is what it would take to get it to change hands but there certainly is a baseline to be looked at with past sales.

Side note, I am not saying all this to make my games worth more. Just like to participate with the community when I have the time.

Thanks!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

All this is absolutely correct.
Only thing I will say is I don't really believe anyone is a sucker for buying what they want. Price doesn't matter in some scenarios to people who just want something. These sales could be outliers but we will never know because there are not too many to choose from.

Good point about price not mattering to address the sucker part. That's something that's not factored into my way of thinking but you're right. Some people just don't even care what the amount is, they'll take it. True.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I think the value of a game is what it would take to get it to change hands but there certainly is a baseline to be looked at with past sales.

Careful with stating truth in some of these threads...

Tend to get more traction w "sucker", "pumping the price", "fanboy" type banter.....

Out of this one.......

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

We all know there are suckers all over the place buying things.

True, but in my opinion, it's bad form to say anyone who would consider buying Alien at $11.5k is a sucker in someone's for sale thread. It's not like this is a $25k Diamond Beatles.

Quoted from delt31:

The ones talking about the fair price of 11.5 are owners of alien so there is some pump going

Quoted from delt31:

I'm just calling out the fact of the matter that people commenting on price in this thread (noting it as good, fair, etc) either own this game or just sold theres.....I'm a facts guy.

Quoted from Coz:

Not price pumping, but I predict this pin will keep going up in value. $11k may seem like a good deal a few years from now with the way prices keep going up

The above poster is not listed as an owner or having owned the game, so you might want to correct your "facts."

#56 5 years ago

I see some folks are misunderstood my sucker comment. Let me clarify so it doesn't continue.

The person who bought this game for 11.5 is NOT a sucker for reasons I already stated.

The person who bought the players JP for 3700 is.

Majority of folks noting price are owners or previous. Technicality 1 person although he played mine at my house ; )

Thanks haha

#57 5 years ago

Also keep in mind as Mark had touched on, that even though 11.5k (out of my personal price range) appears high, some guys (like Mark) have at least that much into their game. 1.5k deposit that was stolen by HW and then ~10k shipped for an LE out of Australia. So 11.5k is basically breaking even and not exactly lining pockets of some Alien owners out there. Some other guys paid in full and lost it all when HW folded, they paid in full again to get their game. At the end of the day, why wouldn't someone sell their game at what the market is willing to pay?? I know we all want to be super cool guys, but leaving cash on the table for the sake of coolness, eventually leaves you with little cash for new games.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Also keep in mind as Mark had touched on, that even though 11.5k (out of my personal price range) appears high, some guys (like Mark) have at least that much into their game. 1.5k deposit that was stolen by HW and then ~10k shipped for an LE out of Australia. So 11.5k is basically breaking even and not exactly lining pockets of some Alien owners out there. Some other guys paid in full and lost it all when HW folded, they paid in full again to get their game. At the end of the day, why wouldn't someone sell their game at what the market is willing to pay?? I know we all want to be super cool guys, but leaving cash on the table for the sake of coolness, eventually leaves you with little cash for new games.

You would be a fool to leave money on the table if market demands it. Completely agree.

I'm not sure people are reading this thread entirely..... Oh well.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You would be a fool to leave money on the table if market demands it. Completely agree.

I read the entire thread. The seller sold his game at full ask (presumably) and has ample backup buyers, all within a few hours of listing. Other alien owners chimed in that the new owner is going to be happy because its a great game, and were accused of price pumping. I really just think that Alien owners have become somewhat of a tight nit community since they have had to rely 100% on each other for parts and support, so I'm not surprised to see them chime in on the sale thread. I really can't see where there was ever a problem to begin with. Like you, I wish I had one in my game room right now.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On a game like this you have to take a guess at the market - I saw the one listed for 10K sold very quickly, so when I started to hint I was going to let mine go, I bumped the price, but took a stab where I should be (SE by the way). Didn't sell immediately, but I didn't post an ad or really push to sell the game. Also, my deal was a partial trade so final price depends on what the trade value is worth so that is a bit squishy as well.

Not a ton of data points on this one, so price will fall where it will.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I read the entire thread. The seller sold his game at full ask (presumably) and has ample backup buyers, all within a few hours of listing. Other alien owners chimed in that the new owner is going to be happy because its a great game, and were accused of price pumping. I really just think that Alien owners have become somewhat of a tight nit community since they have had to rely 100% on each other for parts and support, so I'm not surprised to see them chime in on the sale thread. I really can't see where there was ever a problem to begin with. Like you, I wish I had one in my game room right now.

Never said there was a problem. Owners chimed in about price. Just made a comment about it. I would def have an alien back in my game room but not for 11k+. That was my original point.

Going in circles on this one so I think I'm done here.

WeirPinball totally agree with your summary.

#62 5 years ago

Congrats on the sale SunKing ! I'll be posting my Alien SE for sale (keeping the LE) in a week or so. For anyone that is interested it's the "A" game from the Weyland Yutani thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

~10k shipped for an LE out of Australia.

It was $10k plus shipping and customs on the LE from Australia. For me, It was $1k in shipping/customs and an 8 hour round trip to DFW airport.

#64 5 years ago

One thing I've learned is no one gets more worked up about pricing then Alien owners and Congo owners.

If either are posted you get a barrage of worth double and mine is bolted to the floor. A passionate bunch the owners of either game are.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

A passionate bunch the owners of either game are.

And the cool thing is one of those games is actually fun to play

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Majority of folks noting price are owners or previous. Technicality 1 person although he played mine at my house ;

Ah...that's better.

Just like when a person accuses someone of "literally criticizing everything." I know it's kind of pedantic but doesn't that mean the accused only criticizes?

#67 5 years ago

How is it price pumping after the F ing game is sold? Lol....

I seriously can't believe SunKing sold his but he's also been through a lot with Alien.

The people that have one know what they paid and what its worth to them.

I wish more people could experience the greatness of this pin, maybe CGC will get it, who knows. Either way, I'm thankful i have one and yes its one of 3 games i have "bolted to the floor".

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

...I'm thankful i have one and yes its one of 3 games i have "bolted to the floor".

What are the other two?

Everything has price.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What are the other two?
Everything has price.

My restored WH20 and BM66LE. "Bolted"

#70 5 years ago

It really is a shame that it turned out like it did. This has been my dream theme pin for many many years. While disappointed, I am also relieved that I didn't know this was coming out at the time because I would have put money down on one...and probably wouldn't have ended up with one. The entire experience probably would have ruined me for pinball (I've already been down the getting screwed on crowdfunding before). I would not have been at all happy given the turn out even if I did get one. It is great that a few made it out, and that those that do have them have put so much time into making them playable.

#71 5 years ago

I've been following this thread, and full disclosure, I am purchasing this game. Sunking has been great to deal with and I am looking forward to getting this game to the house. Truthfully, I don't look at pinball machines as investments, but something I enjoy playing when given time. You know it's funny looking back when I first got in this hobby. I bought a Tron and thought that would be all. Now I'm trying to stay under 10! 20 is the next number that scares me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from sinnisterjsb:

I've been following this thread, and full disclosure, I am purchasing this game. Sunking has been great to deal with and I am looking forward to getting this game to the house. Truthfully, I don't look at pinball machines as investments, but something I enjoy playing when given time. You know it's funny looking back when I first got in this hobby. I bought a Tron and thought that would be all. Now I'm trying to stay under 10! 20 is the next number that scares me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I'm at 42 and thought it would stop a long time ago! Congrats on the Alien. I was late to the party. I'll keep looking.

#73 5 years ago

You don't owe anyone an explanation. It's your money I think many of us are just envious. Enjoy your new pin!

#74 5 years ago

Just curious but do you plan on reverting the shooter lane back to its original design? As an Alien owner myself I always liked the ingenuity of this modification but felt it changed the scoring dynamic a bit too much for my taste.

Congrats on the sale and purchase to you both!

#75 5 years ago

This is a very fun game. Very immersive. I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase. Congrats!

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is it price pumping after the F ing game is sold? Lol....
I seriously can't believe SunKing sold his but he's also been through a lot with Alien.
The people that have one know what they paid and what its worth to them.
I wish more people could experience the greatness of this pin, maybe CGC will get it, who knows. Either way, I'm thankful i have one and yes its one of 3 games i have "bolted to the floor".

Exactly..People are just pissed because they can't steal this rare pin for themselves...

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just curious but do you plan on reverting the shooter lane back to its original design? As an Alien owner myself I always liked the ingenuity of this modification but felt it changed the scoring dynamic a bit too much for my taste.
Congrats on the sale and purchase to you both!

I personally prefer games with a longer plunge, so I am going to leave it like SunKing has it and compare it with the original. My thoughts are that it will stay like he has it.

#78 5 years ago

Great game to own, full disclosure for me - I have 32 right now, was up to 44 at one point. Iron Maiden Premium is my latest and that is pin number 201 that I've owned.

#79 5 years ago

I personally prefer games with a longer plunge, so I am going to leave it like SunKing has it and compare it with the original. My thoughts are that it will stay like he has it.

The short plunge is by far the worst feature of this game. Clank, thud, right flipper shot.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The short plunge is by far the worst feature of this game. Clank, thud, right flipper shot.

Which sets up the amazing choice of skill shots for you decide what you want to risk or not... if you aren't leveraging that, you're just flailing.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Which sets up the amazing choice of skill shots for you decide what you want to risk or not... if you aren't leveraging that, you're just flailing.

The modified long plunge still has several skill shot options. A long plunge could've still been designed to either plunge into the pops, then have it fall to the upper right flipper for a few shots, full plunge through the orbit down to the main flippers for various shots...didn't need a short plunge for such an array of skill shots.

#82 5 years ago

Cool, I have a feeling its going to be a joy to play either way.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Great game to own, full disclosure for me - I have 32 right now, was up to 44 at one point. Iron Maiden Premium is my latest and that is pin number 201 that I've owned.

1 week later
#84 5 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, Alien has left the building.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-10/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.