New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 190584)

For sale: Alien

By Tsskinne

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Tsskinne
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1510 (resized).JPG
IMG_1511 (resized).JPG
IMG_1491 (resized).JPG
8AD5850C-83A7-4063-BBD9-A6864A5C77BB (resized).jpg
IMG_1487 (resized).JPG
IMG_1304 (resized).JPG
IMG_1126 (resized).JPG
IMG_1095 (resized).JPG
IMG_1076 (resized).JPG
IMG_0962 (resized).JPG
IMG_0959 (resized).JPG
IMG_0949 (resized).JPG
IMG_0945 (resized).JPG
IMG_0943 (resized).JPG
IMG_0938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0937 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 8,500

Open for offers

for trade

For sale: Alien

Added: June 4th, 2017 Ended: June 6th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

I have an Alien Pinball machine. Like all of the 10-15 that have been released so far it isn't perfect. Mine does include the Xenomorph head. The tongue comes out too often so it has been disabled but it is there. I have no information on what is going on at Heighway Pinball but I bought the game for location and my league we are starting and I just don't trust it to work well enough on location. I have been contacted by employees of Heighway both in US and Europe and have been told the buyout/investment is legit and my game will be taken care of to become full production machine. I'm looking to trade for Ruby Red WoZ with 2.0 board set or willing to sell. No idea on price as realistically this could just become a standard machine readily available or it could become extremely limited so feel free to make me an offer. I have the same LED lighting inconsistencies as other alien machines. My left side cabinet lighting had a short and has been disconnected. It is a three foot 12v led strip readily available from many LED distributors to replace. It has the large upgraded back box LCD screen and the inner art blades with lighting although that lighting can cause a slight feed back with the speakers. I've been told it goes away after a few minutes of being powered up but I simply disconnected that as well. There is also a small chip near the playfield lcd screen (pics included) that happened while it was in use at the texas pinball festival. It was mylared immediately following the show. I have added lock washers to the LCD mounting bracket so it doesn't become unlevel again. I have been told that my playfield would be replaced but again no idea what's going on now. The magnet and scoop have also been mylared as well as both ramp ball drops. Game was just put on location today so that some friends could have access to it for a few days before it's gone. Has approximately 1100 plays total when checking audits today and I put 60 credits on there for them to enjoy. It was down to 43 when I just left the location. Has been waxed and cleaned twice in between those plays. Several hours of gameplay footage on my YouTube channel.

Any questions or offers feel free to get ahold of me. Thanks.

[email address removed] or cell [phone number removed]

Item photos

IMG_0937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0943 (resized).JPG
IMG_0945 (resized).JPG
IMG_0949 (resized).JPG
IMG_0959 (resized).JPG
IMG_0962 (resized).JPG
IMG_1076 (resized).JPG
IMG_1095 (resized).JPG
IMG_1126 (resized).JPG
IMG_1304 (resized).JPG
IMG_1487 (resized).JPG
8AD5850C-83A7-4063-BBD9-A6864A5C77BB (resized).jpg
IMG_1491 (resized).JPG
IMG_1511 (resized).JPG
IMG_1510 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lafayette, IN, US

Seller insights

These are Tsskinne's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Tsskinne's stats page

#2 3 years ago

That says a lot when an early owner is moving on from this machine. Firsthand experience takes precedent. You've stated many of the concerns I've had about their quality.

I hope your ad does not turn into a shitshow. Good luck with the sale. At least your game was delivered!

#3 3 years ago

In a year from now it will either be $20k and 1 out of less than 10 produced....or a $6k rushed prototype. But even if it's the latter, my guess is that it will be 3 months before Heighway gets up to speed on production.

This game may not be ready for location, but should make a great game at home. GLWTS!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

In a year from now it will either be $20k and 1 out of less than 10 produced....or a $6k rushed prototype. But even if it's the latter, my guess is that it will be 3 months before Heighway gets up to speed on production.
This game may not be ready for location, but should make a great game at home. GLWTS!

Yep I've had it at home for months and it's good. I've been told it will be done right by me to make it a productions machine whatever that means but my league starts up June 15th and I don't see Heighway getting me anything by then. Happy to work with new owner as well as continued communication with Heighway and Cointaker who was my distributor to get everything taken care of.

#5 3 years ago

Great seller here. Just sayin

#7 3 years ago

Had such hope for alien. Too bad. Great theme. Also why pre order pinball isn't for me.

#8 3 years ago

first alien I've seen for sale. Seller seems very straight forward and honest. GLWS!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from leonml:

Had such hope for alien. Too bad. Great theme. Also why pre order pinball isn't for me.

Quit trolling fs ads with nagitive comments. Do you have nothing better to do.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seller seems very straight forward and honest.

I've been reading Tsskinne's comments through out the Alien thread and that's my sense of the man. I've had no personal dealings with him but he seems to be very candid about everything and tells it like it is.

I also wish him good luck with his sale.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

41 produced to date
good luck with the sale

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

41 produced to date
good luck with the sale

More than I thought... buyer could end up with a very rare game (although I sincerely hope that doesn't happen... I want an Alien too!)

#13 3 years ago

How bout some under the playfield pics?

#14 3 years ago

One can only hope that this FS thread stays the course.Seller has been honest in his comments .Right now this is a very rare machine indeed.GLWS.

#15 3 years ago

Tsskinne helped me get a Flash Gordon I'd bought from MO to IN (and ultimately to CIN). Met him in Lafayette.. top notch dude, they don't come any better. I'd buy this game if I had the cash... A shame HP is having trouble but I can understand him not wanting the uncertainty.

#16 3 years ago

I'll snap some under playfield pictures when I head to bar in a bit.

Heighway has said the LED lighting issues stem from the towers they used for the GI that contain multiple bulbs. They are supposed to have changed the style and be sending me those. Again no time from though and I don't know if any of the games shipped have had the new correct bulbs. Additionally because all the bulbs go directly into the boards they are a fairly decent pain in the ass to install. Nothing major but it's certainly not as easy as your traditional 44 or 555 sockets.

Again game is at public location so if anyone really has that big of concerns please feel free to come check it out. I was also. It aware 40+ had been made, as it sure seems to be a whole lot less than that based on those who have acknowledge owning it, but it it's 40+ I do think that is a better sign for Heighway's future than I had initially imagined.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Quit trolling fs ads with nagitive comments. Do you have nothing better to do.

Trolling? Isn't that what you just did by coming here to comment on my comment on a pin for sale? Seriously? Who's trolling who and what here? You

I'm Not trolling jack and shit. Last time I checked this was a comment section. Didn't see any rules saying my posts are in violation. I've seen comments on sale posts pretty much telling sellers their pricing is ridiculous and or their pin must be dipped in gold. I'm not stating anything close. I have every right to shop pins I am or may have interest in. Plenty of others do the same but aren't or never were interested in the pin for sale, just in giving sellers bjays and handies over their pins. Buyers or shoppers can state things from the buyer side, which is nothing more then fishing in some cases and sometimes sellers contact commenters stating if your interested at a better price offer contact them. I've done buying and selling personally and professionally of many things, and there's nothing wrong with comments on the negative from perspective buyers.

I'm positive this seller didn't want to sell this pin and had higher hopes to keep it. Pretty much lays it all out there that he can't because it's a bit of a disappointment. I wanted alien and saddens me to see this as well. Go read comments on magic girl, plenty of members giving beat downs for no other reason then to do so and far worse crap.

I'm sure this guys pin will find its correct buyer at their agreed price.
Still sad to have alien amongst other poorly executed pinball ideas. Pinball buyers lose. Has an ill effect on future pinball sales.

I know you're upset about your wizard of oz you have to sell, but if it is a great deal, mine nor anyone else's comments would stop the sale. If I we're you I wouldn't start a fire with someone who could be the buyer of your pin or future pins. Never say never. Cash is a highly motivational tool. Who knows maybe I'll risk purchasing this alien. I always say, no room for feelings when doing business. If you have feelings over what you sell, then maybe you shouldn't sell it.

We all have a different approach in life or pinball deals. So far I've got 40 pins at great prices

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

41 produced to date
good luck with the sale

How did you come up with this number? I'd love to hear the validation and verification behind it rather than accept it on sheer "word of mouth so it must be true" reasoning.

#19 3 years ago

To the op: Good luck with your sale. If I weren't paid in on one myself I'd likely throw out an offer.

I'd also like to know where this 41 produced is coming from, I can account for 16 from the alien thread, and I have emails from Heighway that said mine would be in the first 20. Of course we know now that Andrew was full of it when he said there weren't any serious problems.

#20 3 years ago

Deal is made, game is spoken for. Good luck to other Alien owners and those still on the list. Can't speak highly enough about team USA for Heighway pinball they have made a great game and have been incredibly helpful through ownership and he regime change. Hope hey can turn things around in the U.K.

#21 3 years ago

41 games sent out is just another Heighway lie.

#22 3 years ago

Congrats on the sale and thanks for the videos showing off what the game can do.

#23 3 years ago

Game traded away successfully. Best of luck to Heighway and current Alien owners. Hope it all shakes out for the positive in near future.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside