2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210717-055836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Addams Family, The

Added: 2021-07-16 20:22:03 UTC • Ended: July 17th, 2021
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 11,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Machine is in very good condition considering the age.

We’ve had the machine for about 9 years. We don’t play a lot so in those 9 years it has not been played a lot.

Some other details on it:
It was completely gone over many years ago.
It was updated to LED lighting.
We installed a color DMD a few months ago.
We still have the original display if that is preferred.
The playfield is in really good condition! It was protected with a playfield protector most of it's life.
Has a few mods
Has a Pinnovators headphone kit with subwoofer output installed

Come have a look at the is great machine!

We are looking for someone who is local and can pick-up the machine. At this time we are not interested in shipping.

Feel free to message with any questions you may have.

Thank you.

~Sandra

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SGSA's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SGSA's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Haverhill, MA, US

#2 2 years ago

People are really asking $11k for a TAF with a backbox that is all chewed up on both sides and has a ton of horrible touch ups?

People have lost their damn minds.

#3 2 years ago

What's the credit dot error?

#4 2 years ago

Is it me or does the Playfield look Planked. Maybe it's contrast in the photos.

#5 2 years ago

Not being mean but this is a 6k addams. Needs new decals and some tlc. I see rust on the lock down receiver as well. Just my thoughts.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Is it me or does the Playfield look Planked. Maybe it's contrast in the photos.

They do look planked. But the planking looks like it goes over mansion inserts too and I don’t think that is possible. Figured it was just something with how the photo was taken.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not being mean but this is a 6k addams. Needs new decals and some tlc. I see rust on the lock down receiver as well. Just my thoughts.

I have a horse in this race but is a 6K Addams a thing anymore?
Decals are not a lot and a lockdown receiver is less

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

a lockdown receiver is less

Yeah but look at the rust on that bar. There is something wrong with that playfield and I am betting on moisture damage.

#9 2 years ago

Seems something is seriously wrong with that Diamondplate pf.

Rust on metal parts and decal/cab/head wear. C’mon.

#10 2 years ago

If you are reading this, STOP COMMENTING! Stop giving these shills the attention they want. This site is becoming plagued with bad actors and these posts are strategically preying on our fears and vulnerabilities. Take back the hobby.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from midwestpinguy:

If you are reading this, STOP COMMENTING! Stop giving these shills the attention they want. This site is becoming plagued with bad actors and these posts are strategically preying on our fears and vulnerabilities. Take back the hobby.

Says one who joined pinside 1 day ago?

#12 2 years ago

Can't tell if playfield is Planked or someone did touch ups and did a poor job clear coating it. It's the same over the whole playfield. What ever it is it's pretty bad. Maybe that's the playfield protector? Who knows. Really bad black touch ups on the sides of the cab and head and the black stickers on the sides around the buttons. And a credit dot. Not going to comment on price since people can ask whatever they want. Just pointing out what is visible from the pictures.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yeah but look at the rust on that bar. There is something wrong with that playfield and I am betting on moisture damage.

Rust on a receiver is due to spilled drinks when being set on the glass, the rust isn't a canary for any major moisture damage problem.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from midwestpinguy:

Whether 6K Addams are a thing or not (which they are), this game shouldn’t be sold for stupid money at all is the point. They made 20,000 of the fucking things.

This one listed at 11K, in this condition....is just a joke. I tried to be somewhat courteous and pointed out one issue. Other people then pointed to several others. The game needs a ton of TLC.

For 11k it better be a HEP machine or similar quality.

And I think $6k is still way off. Unless you’re looking to ruin the hobby even more and take a huge profit, a TAF in this condition is worth 4600. At least in a reasonable world.

And I’m not looking for “market value” people to chime in. (generally the same shysters making the hobby worse).

#15 2 years ago

This isn’t the first time this seller has listed a game priced on the moon.

At least include a moon rock for this price, wtf?

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Whether 6K Addams are a thing or not (which they are), this game shouldn’t be sold for stupid money at all is the point. They made 20,000 of the fucking things.
This one listed at 11K, in this condition....is just a joke. I tried to be somewhat courteous and pointed out one issue. Other people then pointed to several others. The game needs a ton of TLC.
For 11k it better be a HEP machine or similar quality.
And I think $6k is still way off. Unless you’re looking to ruin the hobby even more and take a huge profit, a TAF in this condition is worth 4600. At least in a reasonable world.
And I’m not looking for “market value” people to chime in. (generally the same shysters making the hobby worse).

Have you seen WH20 lately? Seller is taking a shot in an insane market. I reopened my arcade recently and had to buy all new Sterns because the 90s market is stupid. I also had to raise the price of pinball from 50 cents to $1.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Lol come on. I bought one in worse condition about 5-6 years ago for $4600, reimport. Today this is a $6k game easy. Tafs just continue to go up, unless a remake gets issued. Some TLc needed, but 6.5k isn’t unreasonble at all in today’s market Unless that playfield is shot to shit and the weirdness isn’t just the protector bouncing light around oddly.

11k though, yeah that’s whacky

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

st on a receiver is due to spilled drinks when being set on the glass, the rust isn't a canary for any major moisture damage problem.

Not saying it was... I am not buying that the rust on that bar is due to some spilled drinks man come on. Lets take a look inside this thing.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I bought one in worse condition about 5-6 years ago for $4600, reimport. Today this is a $6k game easy. Tafs just continue to go up, unless a remake gets issued. Some TLc needed, but 6.5k isn’t unreasonble at all in today’s market

I agree with that. But I said 4600 is what it SHOULD be.

In a world that makes sense, a less than perfect 90s game should never be fetching more money than a brand new one in a box. Unless rarity is there, immaculate condition, other factors. (A hobby like cars is different, before some moron throws out the “cargument”).

The only reason I comment on prices, as I’ve said a billion times, is that it’s pushing so many people out of the hobby.

The people that bought and collected games in the $500-$2500 range are pretty much gone. And that was a significant portion of the hobby. I know quite a few that could only afford to collect games in that price range, and they also loved the hobby.

But now when they come over, they don’t even want to play pinball anymore. Or they play a game or two on mine, but you can see all the passion is gone. And that is sad.

#20 2 years ago

With the rust, bad touch up and who knows what else. 6200/6500 in todays market . If the owner paid too much that doesn't mean the next guy should. Maybe E-bay is his market I dont know

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The only reason I comment on prices, as I’ve said a billion times, is that it’s pushing so many people out of the hobby.

Whomever has been pushed out has apparently been replaced. Pinball distributors are thriving. Stern, JJP and Spooky can't keep up with demand.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Whomever has been pushed out has apparently been replaced.

And that, is the “Gorilla in the room”

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Quoted from whthrs166:

Not saying it was... I am not buying that the rust on that bar is due to some spilled drinks man come on. Lets take a look inside this thing.

Not defending this beat-up Addams, but the No Fear at the arcade has the same rusty receiver. People spill things and don’t give a shit.
If you don’t check it every single day, you don’t realize how long nasty soda/beer might sit and rust it up.

#24 2 years ago

$4600? That's even more ridiculous than the $11000.

#25 2 years ago

Ooooffffff!

Screenshot_20210717-055836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210717-055836_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
This carriage bolt for the side rail would not be rusty from spilled beer.... there's more here than meets the eye

#26 2 years ago

Lol everyone and there dog is jumping on this pinball is hot train. But sadly selling utter shite at silly prices

This won’t go for more then 5k

#27 2 years ago

That not be rust by golly ! That be gold!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-addams-family-the-149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.