(Topic ID: 162585)

For sale: AC/DC (Premium/LE) (Stern, 2012)

By DBCpins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Delta9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Shooter_Lane_2_(resized).JPG
Total_plays_(resized).JPG
ACDC_Upper_Playfield_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Playfield_4_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Playfield_3_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Playfield_2_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Drum_Mod_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Cabinet_2_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Cabinet_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: AC/DC (Premium/LE) (Stern, 2012)

Added: 2016-06-21 13:08:57 UTC • Ended: June 30th, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,300 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

I have a HUO AC/DC Premium. I am the second owner. I bought it about 8 months ago. Currently has 377 plays on it, see pic. My machines get very little use. This pin is in perfect condition and has several mods/
Mods include:
Lasseriffic Mirrored Lightning Bolts
Shaker Motor
TNT Flasher
Drum Mod w/ Flasher Diverters
Guitar Mod
Hells Bells Woodblock
Dayton Audio Amp

Item photos

ACDC_Cabinet_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Cabinet_2_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Drum_Mod_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Playfield_2_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Playfield_3_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Playfield_4_(resized).jpg
ACDC_Upper_Playfield_(resized).jpg
Total_plays_(resized).JPG
Shooter_Lane_2_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are DBCpins's market stats.

bronze Seller

DBCpins has Pinside Bronze seller status!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to DBCpins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Prior Lake, MN, US

#2 7 years ago

Great game, good luck with your sale!

#3 7 years ago

Shaker mod really brings these acdc pins to life!!! GL with your sale. Never selling mine. I wish I had TNT lasher mod like you have

#4 7 years ago

Pm sent

#5 7 years ago

My sincerest apologies to the seller. I made the 14 hour round trip to purchase this machine. Unfortunately, the membership credit union bank in the area could not release the funds without a special authorization from my local bank (which required 24-48 hours). Epic failure on my part. Inconvenienced the seller and cost myself a lot of time and gas money. Again, very sorry.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My sincerest apologies to the seller. I made the 14 hour round trip to purchase this machine. Unfortunately, the membership credit union bank in the area could not release the funds without a special authorization from my local bank (which required 24-48 hours). Epic failure on my part. Inconvenienced the seller and cost myself a lot of time and gas money. Again, very sorry.

Jeez...I don't know who I feel more sorry for. Sounds like it sucked big time for you, too.

#7 7 years ago

Right...blows for both buyer and seller. Hope seller gets another chance at another one and hope seller finds buyer quick for his. I like when everyone wins!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well, hopefully you got a game or two in while you were there, so it wasn't a total loss.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have to say (after sleeping on it) that you probably should have had cash in hand when you left the house. I don't think I would EVER plan on things like that working out...because they so seldom do for me. You can always redeposit the funds if you decide not to buy, but it avoids the hassle that you and the seller had to go through.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say (after sleeping on it) that you probably should have had cash in hand when you left the house. I don't think I would EVER plan on things like that working out...because they so seldom do for me. You can always redeposit the funds if you decide not to buy, but it avoids the hassle that you and the seller had to go through.

Agreed. Again, lesson learned. I feel bad very bad about inconveniencing the seller. I will not make the same mistake twice.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Agreed. Again, lesson learned. I feel bad very bad about inconveniencing the seller. I will not make the same mistake twice.

I know the seller was pretty bummed out when this all went down yesterday, in fact he spent the better part of the afternoon and early evening at my house playing pinball and having a few drinks to compensate!

That being said, you seem absolutely sincere in your apology and regardless of being very good friends with the seller, I actually feel a little sorry for both of you at this point. Sounds like he has another offer and may sell the game regardless, but I would agree that you should never show up after driving a distance to get a game without cash in hand before you leave the house. It was big of you to come on here and apologize from the heart.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

I know the seller was pretty bummed out when this all went down yesterday, in fact he spent the better part of the afternoon and early evening at my house playing pinball and having a few drinks to compensate!

I would much rather be posting how great AC/DC is this morning than apologizing for my stupidity.

Trust me, I always bring cash. However, in this one instance, I wasn't able to get to the bank prior to my departure. I was assured that the membership credit union banks would work just like if I were at my local bank. It didn't.....tough lesson learned. Glad to hear seller has another buyer lined up.

#13 7 years ago

Guess I'm too trusting, but if you drove 14 hours, had a valid license with your address, you've been on pinside for 3 years, I would have let you take the game with an IOU. That in no way is any reflection on the seller and his choice, as he was there and knows all the circumstances. It's just a testament to my putting trust (probably too much) in pinsiders

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Guess I'm too trusting, but if you drove 14 hours, had a valid license with your address, you've been on pinside for 3 years, I would have let you take the game with an IOU. That in no way is any reflection on the seller and his choice, as he was there and knows all the circumstances. It's just a testament to my putting trust (probably too much) in pinsiders

That says alot about your character. In this day and age of scams, frauds, and dirty deals it is refreshing to hear about a couple of Pinsiders with a love of pinball that are just trying to make an honest transaction.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Got anything for sale?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got anything for sale?

With all due respect, your reponse says alot about your character.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

How about this guy? He was well known and has been a pinsider for 5 years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jpop

I'm sure you're a good dude, but I've been deceived in a couple ways by pinsiders who have been on here for years.

Quoted from HeyYouSir:

That says alot about your character. In this day and age of scams, frauds, and dirty deals it is refreshing to hear about a couple of Pinsiders with a love of pinball that are just trying to make an honest transaction.

Most us are trying to make an honest transaction and act with integrity, but lets not make ourselves vulnerable to scumbags...

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

How about this guy? He was well known and has been a pinsider for 5 years.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jpop
I'm sure you're a good dude, but I've been deceived in a couple ways by pinsiders who have been on here for years.

Most us are trying to make an honest transaction and act with integrity, but lets make ourselves vulnerable to scumbags...

Good advice. I will remember that the next time I send you a used DMD for free in your time of need.

I choose to believe the vast majority of Pinsiders are good and generous people. I won't allow the few bad apples to deter me from trusting and helping other Pinsiders. This is a small community, its pretty easy to pick out the jackwagons.

Anyway, let's start a new thread to debate this topic. I have done enough damage to this seller.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Good advice. I will remember that the next time I send you a used DMD for free in your time of need.

I remember and still appreciate it! I think you misunderstood what I meant or maybe I didn't communicate it properly. I KNOW you are one of the good guys. My point is just because someone has been here a while doesn't mean you can trust them. I have trusted people here and been on the bad end of a deal because of it. That's all I was saying.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

With all due respect, your reponse says alot about your character.

Thanks. But I'm not due any respect and the only character I have is a flawed one.

EDIT: Just saw your post above this one and realized you might be serious. Anybody that knows me on here knows that, while I may be a wise ass, I'm also a good guy and could be trusted with literally anything. Not all of us in Jersey are scumbags!

#21 7 years ago

This post reminded me of how hard it can be to get large amounts of cash out via credit unions and their shared branch structure. My experience has been that $1000 is the max amount of cash I can withdraw per day from a shared branch. Never a problem before I became a pinhead... it is the one thing that makes me wish I had kept an account with a corporate bank w/ a large branch network.

#22 7 years ago

Some people are too paranoid of scammers, others are too trusting until they get burnt. There should be a better way. I went a full day's trip with a bunch of cash for a pin and was very uncomfortable carrying that amount of cash on the trip. Paypal might be good for the buyer, but sellers say they still have been scammed by retracted payments. Maybe, someday, pinside can "officiate" transactions with paypal's help somehow. Let's face it, most buyers and sellers are on here ... maybe the sale isn't advertised here ... but if pinside could officiate these things with simple paypal transactions that cannot be revoked unless the seller also agrees in legitimate circumstances, that would work. Seems like there is massive interest in this to me.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

This post reminded me of how hard it can be to get large amounts of cash out via credit unions and their shared branch structure. My experience has been that $1000 is the max amount of cash I can withdraw per day from a shared branch. Never a problem before I became a pinhead... it is the one thing that makes me wish I had kept an account with a corporate bank w/ a large branch network.

My major bank would only give me a max of $3k cash per day unless planned a few days in advance. I was a regular, and they knew me, and they had extra cash in their vault, so they pulled some strings for me as I was leaving the next day to buy a pin. Now knowing this, I definitely have to plan ahead better next time.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I remember and still appreciate it! I think you misunderstood what I meant or maybe I didn't communicate it properly. I KNOW you are one of the good guys. My point is just because someone has been here a while doesn't mean you can trust them. I have trusted people here and been on the bad end of a deal because of it. That's all I was saying.

No worries. Just felt like I was thrown in with Jpop and scumbags (like I was trying to scam the seller). Over reaction on my part. All good.

#25 7 years ago

Just get the money out and drive back up there. It'll make for a good story when people come over and play

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My major bank would only give me a max of $3k cash per day unless planned a few days in advance

Quoted from xfassa:

credit union bank in the area could not release the funds without a special authorization from my local bank (which required 24-48 hours

Seriously, what year are we living in, 1969? 2 or 3 days to get your own money out of a bank?

What an archaic banking system. Do they still have abacus' in there too?

rd

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Seriously, what year are we living in, 1969? 2 or 3 days to get your own money out of a bank?

It's a credit union, which is a bit different from a traditional bank, they have Pro's and cons compared to a Chase bank for example.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's a credit union, which is a bit different from a traditional bank, they have Pro's and cons compared to a Chase bank for example.

The first quote is "a bank".

Over here (and probably most countries now I would say) credit unions are legally banks anyway. Swipe your EFTPOS card, enter your PIN number and empty your account 20 seconds later. It's your money ...

rd

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The first quote is "a bank".
Over here (and probably most countries now I would say) credit unions are legally banks anyway. Swipe your EFTPOS card, enter your PIN number and empty your account 20 seconds later. It's your money ...
rd

Knowing both systems quite well it is not quite the same! The key is that in nz we have one source of inter bank settlement and they are now almost real time. In the US there are many different inter bank settlement options so it can still take days for a payment to be confirmed

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Knowing both systems quite well it is not quite the same! The key is that in nz we have one source of inter bank settlement and they are now almost real time. In the US there are many different inter bank settlement options so it can still take days for a payment to be confirmed

Oh yeah, I know that. But in these cases the guys were taking money out of their own accounts, not transferring it to a different bank.

Anyway, back to ACDC for sale!

rd

#31 7 years ago

My bank was PNC - a major bank. They claimed that people don't deal with large sums of cash anymore, so they only request from the main regional branch the average amount that they normally need. The $3k limit is so the local bank does not run out of cash. If I tell them in advance, they can request the additional cash be delivered.

Is there a increase of bank robberies or something? This isn't a Brink's armored trunk load worth.

Shoot to thrill! (The pinball analogy, not the bank robbery analogy)

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oh yeah, I know that. But in these cases the guys were taking money out of their own accounts, not transferring it to a different bank.
Anyway, back to ACDC for sale!
rd

Not the case in the US....most banks do not carry much cash in their vault. If I make a withdrawal of $15K takes two days for the branch to have it on hand. It's really scary, considering if there is a bank run, you won't be able to get your money out, and by the time you do, it'll be worthless. FDIC insurance is a hoax.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's really scary, considering if there is a bank run, you won't be able to get your money out, and by the time you do, it'll be worthless

No problem, the government will just print up a whole lot more money and all will be well.

rd

#34 7 years ago

Great price for everything included

Quoted from robertmee:

I had Pinside member (Tron Guy) allow me to take his game home and just pay him the remainder in payments over the next couple of months. He even invited me to join the local league that he play's in. I am also making payments for a really nice TZ to another trusted Pinside member.

Its too bad you two went able to come to some sort of arrangement to salvage all that time and money wasted due to a credit union (cant tell you how many times CU's have screwed my buddy out of so many things because he couldn't get his hands on his own money.)

#35 7 years ago

Bump for the OP. He is trying to sell a pin.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My bank was PNC - a major bank. They claimed that people don't deal with large sums of cash anymore, so they only request from the main regional branch the average amount that they normally need. The $3k limit is so the local bank does not run out of cash. If I tell them in advance, they can request the additional cash be delivered.
Is there a increase of bank robberies or something? This isn't a Brink's armored trunk load worth.

system is a joke...all they make you do is branch hop until you have enough..last time wells fargo told me $5k a day, I pulled out my phone and played them this...teller started cracking up

#37 7 years ago

Sorry about the bank story, it remind me of something, I purchased STLE from a dealer we knew each other loosely, I had bought 1-2 other games from them. Come time to pay for my STLE, I sent a $6000 bank check and a week later the game came. I kept checking but my check had not cleared. Finally I called and told them, and was told they had just deposited the check because they had misplaced it or forgot to deposit it.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

My major bank would only give me a max of $3k cash per day unless planned a few days in advance. I was a regular, and they knew me, and they had extra cash in their vault, so they pulled some strings for me as I was leaving the next day to buy a pin. Now knowing this, I definitely have to plan ahead better next time.

If that happened to me over such a petty amount id be sitting at the desk with the branch manager to close my account.

I've regularly have walked in and withdrawn 5k plus with just my Id.

If my bank tried to limit my in person withdrawals like that - it would be over immediately

Atm and unverified withdrawals... Ok... But in person and verified.... Cash is cash and you better give me mine.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think your branch is dodgy and I'd speak with the manager. My bank is Pnc and like I said in my other post... I take

#40 7 years ago

Wow... What a story. Curious, why didn't buyer throw down a holding fee and return with the cash a week later?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'd speak with the manager

I did ... that's how I got to withdrawal more than $3K. The manager confirmed their policy. I had my ID and my checkbook.

Just a heads up though for anyone thinking about buying and paying cash for a pin. You MAY need to give the bank a couple day notice for the cash.

AC/DC for sale ... looks like a great machine. I will be interested in one of these in about a year when a save a little more. I hope one is in this good of shape when I'm ready.

#42 7 years ago

I would switch banks. Long story but I've called my bank after hours on a weekend and upped my ATM limit to $10k and proceeded to pull out 10k, $500 at a time from an ATM. It's YOUR money. If they limit you....leave them.

#43 7 years ago

Man and here I thought all Pinside ballers rolled with at least a $7K stack at all times "just in case".

#44 7 years ago

Bump to help sell pin.

LTG : )

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not the case in the US....most banks do not carry much cash in their vault. If I make a withdrawal of $15K takes two days for the branch to have it on hand. It's really scary, considering if there is a bank run, you won't be able to get your money out, and by the time you do, it'll be worthless. FDIC insurance is a hoax.

I'll just add, FDIC saved me over 100K when Countrywide collapsed (edit: might have been IndyMac bank, don't remember). I didn't even have to do anything, it was handled automatically, no questions asked, new account and money showed up at a different bank. I was impressed and relieved.

Be careful about taking out over 10K at a time, those have to be reported to the IRS, and can get you on potential money laundering lists, and even have police question you. I've never had a problem taking 10K out at a time at Chase, but other large banks have sometimes claimed they couldn't give me that much on the weekend. Pretty pathetic, so I've resorted to keeping some larger sums in safety deposit box. Never know when some special pins might go on sale!

Best price I've seen on modded AC/DC Premium. GLWS, if I was in the vicinity, I'd be checking it out...

#46 7 years ago

Credit Union's aside, it's amazing that a great pin like ACDC can pass through 2 owners and get just 377 plays. When I'm really trying to learn a pin, I can easily put 100 plays on it in a single weekend. Anyone else like me?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Credit Union's aside, it's amazing that a great pin like ACDC can pass through 2 owners and get just 377 plays. When I'm really trying to learn a pin, I can easily put 100 plays on it in a single weekend. Anyone else like me?

Mbecker generously lent me his Luci for a weekend, and I'm sure I must have put 100 plays on it, but the imminent departure had a lot to do with it... I rarely binge play my own like that.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Mbecker generously lent me his Luci for a weekend, and I'm sure I must have put 100 plays on it, but the imminent departure had a lot to do with it... I rarely binge play my own like that.

Nice friend! Well she sure looks mint in the photos. GLWS!

#49 7 years ago

Yeah can't say I've done a hundred plays in a weekend.. That's quite a few although I do enjoy throwing down a bunch in a row until a get a couple good ones.

Acdc is a fun game though so back to the sale -- I love how off track this has gotten with bank talk (totally an issue I ran into btw when I was going to pick up Luci. Real pita to have to schedule large withdraws but I still prefer credit unions) anyway.. Yeah acdc bump

#50 7 years ago

Reason why i always have cash layed aside for when a deal comes up. You never know when it will happpen.... i am actually going to get a pin early this morning and if i had to go to a bank i probably wld have missed the deal. This has happen many times on late night cl finds where if i needed to rely on a bank i wld have missed the deal.. glws op ....acdc is a amazingly fun pin especially once u understand the rules.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-premiumle-stern-2012-2033 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.