image.jpg
IMG_20150710_233808_1.jpg
IMG_20150710_233756_1.jpg
IMG_20150710_233815_1.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
IMG_20150710_190312.JPG
IMG_20150710_192200.JPG
IMG_20150710_192331.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

To me the negatives have begun to outweigh the positives. Just my opinion.

Sure, some people with thin skin will feel that way and could choose to not link a thread to their Marketplace ad. It just won't be seen by nearly as many people imo.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cmon! You weren't seriously selling yours

I WAS and I DID.... to a fellow pinsider. I think hes still pretty damn happy with the deal as well!

Ive been around long enough to know asking top dollar was going to bring the loonies out to play- and I was fine with that.... got to be able to take that in stride here on pinside.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I WAS and I DID.... to a fellow pinsider. I think hes still pretty damn happy with the deal as well!

The guy in Jersey is very happy with his ACDC pin purchased from the seller above.

#54 8 years ago

Things I know:

ACDC is an awesome game.

They're not making them anymore.

There is real demand for them as a result of those two points.

Mods like ColorDMD provide actual value. If you buy an ACDC without one you are a fool (IMHO!!!) to not drop the $400 to add it.

Would I pay this much for one, if I didn't already own it? Honestly probably not. But I'd sit here waiting for another game in the meantime, wondering when someone would sell. If you want it now it is what it is.

#55 8 years ago

Yep. I got Lowepg's machine, and I've got everything the seller has on it...even the TRC mod is installed, along with the pinbits lightning bolts, color DMD, and everything else. Just got the Pinnovators board to hook up a Polk subwoofer on top of the FF speaker system. And I wouldn't sell it for 8k. So I think the OP's price is perfect.

I love how everybody is saying what I paid was too much, but now, only a couple months later, what I paid looks like a bargain. The price on these machines are going up, whether people want to admit it or accept it. Simple law of supply and demand.

When WOZ and LOTR on either side of my ACDC are being practically ignored by family and friends, you know it's a great game. Thanks again for the opportunity, Lowepg!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

some people with thin skin

Had to get that little dig in didn't ya.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Would Aug. 2013 production be clear window?

Yes, the window is clear. I think they fixed that problem at least a year before this one was made.

#59 8 years ago

I just bought an ACDC Premium a couple of months ago with mods and my buying logic was it was $6400 NIB a couple of years ago and has landed in the top 10 of all time pins, it just got pulled off the Stern line, it is one of the best value Premiums to spend more for compared to the Pro, which is a really good game also, a bunch of people were marked that it was worth $5500ish with a lot of mods, so I just paid more and cut in front of those people and got one (sorry), a ACDC VE would be a year or two or never down the road and be $6800+ anyway, so add the mods that came on mine, like color DMD, FF speakers, shaker etc and it would still be less than a NIB that may never happen and if it did in the mean time I could play the crap out of the one I just bought for a year or more.

Lastly, I own IM and and an ACDC VE, if it is ever made, is night and day from an IM VE. IM sold for what, $4000 NIB with no LEDs back in 2010, most in 2014 were not HUO and were priced at $5500-$6000 with a couple of mods if you could ever find one. IMVE came out at $4800 delivered with LEDs and that was a no brainer. ACDC premiums came out in 2012 to 14 and a majority are HUO with under a 1000 plays. So, Question - would you pay $6800 for an unmodded Nib ACDC Premium? If you would, then why not pay $800 more and get one with $1200ish in mods with 600 plays on it? Is the 600 plays worth $400 in mod savings? Maybe or maybe not, but than again you could make an offer or just wait for a VE that may never happen.

I am in my 40's, so waiting around for a VE was not in my aganda. I just want what I want. A VE was not even a great value like IM anyway, so why bother waiting? If it happens great, I want as many people to get the game as want it, if they are true buyers and are willing to pay, but those people please do the math on the VE. It will not be $6200 delivered and will be unmodded. So put it down on paper first and if it makes sense to buy now make an offer and get one. This one looks good.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. I got Lowepg's machine, and I've got everything the seller has on it...even the TRC mod is installed, along with the pinbits lightning bolts, color DMD, and everything else. Just got the Pinnovators board to hook up a Polk subwoofer on top of the FF speaker system. And I wouldn't sell it for 8k. So I think the OP's price is perfect.
I love how everybody is saying what I paid was too much, but now, only a couple months later, what I paid looks like a bargain. The price on these machines are going up, whether people want to admit it or accept it. Simple law of supply and demand.
When WOZ and LOTR on either side of my ACDC are being practically ignored by family and friends, you know it's a great game. Thanks again for the opportunity, Lowepg!

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I just bought an ACDC Premium a couple of months ago with mods and my buying logic was it was $6400 NIB a couple of years ago and has landed in the top 10 of all time pins, it just got pulled off the Stern line, it is one of the best value Premiums to spend more for compared to the Pro, which is a really good game also, a bunch of people were marked that it was worth $5500ish with a lot of mods, so I just paid more and cut in front of those people and got one (sorry), a ACDC VE would be a year or two or never down the road and be $6800+ anyway, so add the mods that came on mine, like color DMD, FF speakers, shaker etc and it would still be less than a NIB that may never happen and if it did in the mean time I could play the crap out of the one I just bought for a year or more.
Lastly, I own IM and and an ACDC VE, if it is ever made, is night and day from an IM VE. IM sold for what, $4000 NIB with no LEDs back in 2010, most in 2014 were not HUO and were priced at $5500-$6000 with a couple of mods if you could ever find one. IMVE came out at $4800 delivered with LEDs and that was a no brainer. ACDC premiums came out in 2012 to 14 and a majority are HUO with under a 1000 plays. So, Question - would you pay $6800 for an unmodded Nib ACDC Premium? If you would, then why not pay $800 more and get one with $1200ish in mods with 600 plays on it? Is the 600 plays worth $400 in mod savings? Maybe or maybe not, but than again you could make an offer or just wait for a VE that may never happen.
I am in my 40's, so waiting around for a VE was not in my aganda. I just want what I want. A VE was not even a great value like IM anyway, so why bother waiting? If it happens great, I want as many people to get the game as want it, if they are true buyers and are willing to pay, but those people please do the math on the VE. It will not be $6200 delivered and will be unmodded. So put it down on paper first and if it makes sense to buy now make an offer and get one. This one looks good.

Geez you guys. Stop all this "making sense" stuff. Don't you know where you're at?

This is how it works:

When you don't care for nor need a certain machine, everyone's selling price is $1500+ too much in your opinion.

When you DO care for or want a certain machine, almost any price is rationally sound.

OR.........

If you're buying, it's $2000 too high and if you're selling it's $2000 too low.

. /sarcasm off

Seriously though, stop coming up with sound logic and good judgment. I'm starting to question where I'm at here.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Geez you guys. Stop all this "making sense" stuff. Don't you know where you're at?
This is how it works:
When you don't care for nor need a certain machine, everyone's selling price is $1500+ too much in your opinion.
When you DO care for or want a certain machine, almost any price is rationally sound.
OR.........
If you're buying, it's $2000 too high and if you're selling it's $2000 too low.
. /sarcasm off
Seriously though, stop coming up with sound logic and good judgment. I'm starting to question where I'm at here.

I am questioning where I am at also.

#62 8 years ago

Bump for a great seller.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I am in my 40's, so waiting around for a VE was not in my aganda.

It shouldn't be in anyone's agenda. The ran a ton of them, already did a special version (Luci), don't hold your breath for a remake, it's highly unlikely IMHO.

#64 8 years ago

I'm surprised this machine hasn't sold yet. It will. That shooter lane is perfect.

#65 8 years ago

FWIW: I was lucky enough to jam on this machine. It plays as good as it looks. Whomever keeps this machine - BOO is my initials, so you can know who's score you gotta beat Nexyss is an awesome dude to deal with. I have bought 3 items from him that were beyond my expectations.

#66 8 years ago

i was just gonna note that. same with led bulbs. if you add $100 worth of leds dont forget to minus the cost of the bulbs you removed bcuz the game is expected to have bulbs.
that also goes for different translites, new boards etc. you cant just add the price of NEW added things and not remove the used price of what was in it initially and is not included.

Quoted from T7:

Possibly we can all agree that the Color DMD mod only adds $250 to the price of a new Stern... Unless the seller is including the original DMD - which costs $150. It's not fair to add the value of the mod without considering the value of the originial DMD.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

i was just gonna note that. same with led bulbs. if you add $100 worth of leds dont forget to minus the cost of the bulbs you removed bcuz the game is expected to have bulbs..

You're kidding right?

Hmm.

I restored an old routed FH. Does this mean I need to minus the cost of the cigarette butts I cleaned out of the cabinet as well?

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You're kidding right?
Hmm.
I restored an old routed FH. Does this mean I need to minus the cost of the cigarette butts I cleaned out of the cabinet as well?

#69 8 years ago

$8,000 all Day long imho! And yes, I have the ultimate acdc premium from hemi / pin refine / Steve with everything except the color dmd. Mine would never go anywhere for less than $8,000 nowadays especially since it only has a few hundred plays.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

$8,000 all Day long imho! And yes, I have the ultimate acdc premium from hemi / pin refine / Steve with everything except the color dmd. Mine would never go anywhere for less than $8,000 nowadays especially since it only has a few hundred plays.

I would suggest adding the color DMD, it really does look nice. I have found that the large dots setting looks the best overall. I really liked the hires mode, but the album covers look terrible in that mode. There just is not enough info in the rom to to make it look non blurry.

#71 8 years ago

I have had a few people respond so far. I am going to hold out for a local buyer for a week or two before I open this up for shipping. I prefer to have the buyer inspect the machine here so they can see in person that it is as described.

#72 8 years ago

If someone from the Bay Area wants to buy this, I may be able to bring it with me to California Extreme. I would prefer the buyer to check it out where it sits though. It hasn't moved more than 10 feet since I pulled it out of the box, so I would prefer that it sits there until sold. I am driving down there on Friday though, so I figured I might as well put it out there.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Translation: I had an AC/DC but I sold it way to cheap and now I'm so butt hurt that I feel the need to trash every AC/DC for sale add.

Alternate translation that fits you: I HAVE an AC/DC and I still have it so pumping up the price makes me feel good, because I want my pin to be ridiculously priced

#74 8 years ago

One more bump before California Extreme.

#75 8 years ago

Mine arrived today. Plays so much better at home than elsewhere.

Get off the fence and buy this machine!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Mine arrived today. Plays so much better at home than elsewhere.
image.jpg

Enjoy it. Thanks for the easy transaction

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Enjoy it. Thanks for the easy transaction

Wow, if you got $7700 for that, the OP is not far off at all for what he is asking for.

Man, go ACDC. It has definitely become the IM of 2015.

#78 8 years ago

Is it better than your Hobbit though?

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wow, if you got $7700 for that, the OP is not far off at all for what he is asking for.

Mine was 1 of 3 made. Not the same IMO.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Duh!

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

explain?

#83 8 years ago

I like that ads are linked to forum posts because you usually get a lot more detailed discussion about the game for sale throughout. Ads that say, "X for sale, $4500, lots of mods, shopped, here's a link to photos", and that's it usually don't intice me to look further. Detailed posts with photos and then discussion, with further posts by the seller I find more appealing.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

You sold that in 2 months??? What happened o_o??

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-is-this-years-iron-man

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You sold that in 2 months??? What happened o_o??

It went up a grand, duh

#87 8 years ago

Bump again for a great seller. I've seen this machine in person & it's outstanding. Priced accordingly IMO. GLWS

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Missed out on Doostur's chrome ac/dc premium by literally 5 minutes cause I was asleep at the wheel. Really stung that I missed out on that one. He always has the nicest pins. Was fortunate enough to buy a AC/DC LTBR LE a few days later though so guess it all worked out. To the disagreeance of my checkbook however.....

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Leave it to you to troll the Hobbit in an ac/dc thread.

Doostur added a bunch of mods that made up the increase in price. I missed this machine to him by ten minutes when it first sold and I'm Very happy to have it home. I just added a color dmd this afternoon.

GLWS.

#90 8 years ago

Leave it to you to troll the Hobbit in an ac/dc thread.
Doostur added a bunch of mods that made up the increase in price. I missed this machine to him by ten minutes when it first sold and I'm Very happy to have it home. I just added a color dmd this afternoon.
GLWS.

Its in your current collection, thought you had one so you could compare the two

#91 8 years ago

Oh, I see Tata has one in his current lineup as well, classic!

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh, I see Tata has one in his current lineup as well, classic!

I've played it for several hours...more so than most do with their collection at home.

#93 8 years ago

Looks like this one is sold. I was trying to avoid shipping, but a fairly local buyer who was endorsed by mutual friends decided to take it. This one will end up on location, which I think is really great. I would love to see more premiums out in the wild. I will give more info on location if the buyer wants me to share the info.

He is probably going to pass on the TRC mod and LED kit, so I will list those in a separate thread tomorrow. He is going to look at some videos of it tonight and see if he wants it.

Just for reference, I got 2 PMs from potential buyers on the other side of the country, but I declined to ship that far (I would have declined to ship this one if I did not hear from trusted people that he was good to deal with). I also got an offer to trade for a WOZ, but I don't care for the game.

The buyer responded to my ad an craigslist. I also had an offer of trade for a Mazda RX-8 from Craigslist. lol
I had one offer from cl of $6200.
I also got another email from the cl ad, and maybe local, but this buyer agreed to purchase before I got back to him

My asking price on cl was $7000 without the TRC and LED kit, and that was the selling price.

Out of all of the potential buyers for this, only one of them offered lower than my asking price. I think it would have sold the first day if I wanted to ship. The buyer responded to my cl ad in less than a day, but I asked him to wait to discuss it until I got home from CAX.

I started another thread about payment options, and based on the advice there, I ended up going with wire transfer.

#94 8 years ago

On location? Wow!
Thanks for the details of the sale. It really helps other buyers and sellers out there see where they are at. Congrats on the sale.

#95 8 years ago

Congrats on the sale!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-premium-huo-with-color-dmd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.