(Topic ID: 128679)

For sale: AC/DC \"Luci\"

By Pinballguy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9b5.jpg
    Del Taco Buck & Under Menu.PNG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8687c2bf74a0d80c276bc5ee3764311dc2832981.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

AC/DC

Added: 2015-05-27 05:08:16 UTC • Ended: June 16th, 2015
    Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 9,995

Stern AC/DC "Luci" Premium Pinball MINT !
    Low plays on this machine !
    Full Coin taker LED'S ! Metal Blades. Alt Trans.

Item photos

8687c2bf74a0d80c276bc5ee3764311dc2832981.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinballguy's market stats.

silver Seller Level

Pinballguy has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinballguy's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Oakland, CA, US

#2 8 years ago

Good luck with that price! I'll give you a dollar to destroy all of your horrible alt translites.

#3 8 years ago

i'll give you a dollar if you mail it to me

#4 8 years ago

LO FUCKING L!!!!!

Great price op!

Why not ask 10K to appease the historical society?

#5 8 years ago

THESE PRICES ARE FREAKING ME OUT ...BOO!!! TWO FLIPPER THUMBS DOWN

#6 8 years ago

Shut up, you guys. He's setting the market for my Luci. Let the man work.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from gurl_friday11:

THESE PRICES ARE FREAKING ME OUT ...BOO!!! TWO FLIPPER THUMBS DOWN

The price is what it is. There just are not many used ones (or NIB, for that matter) out there for sale. Let the market figure the price out.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from reynolds531:

The price is what it is. There just are not many used ones (or NIB, for that matter) out there for sale. Let the market figure the price out.

well thats all fine and good ...but i seriously bought a premium ac/dc in chicago for 5900 last week from another pinsider thats huo and beautiful ...Im ok.. i have mine ...just kind of feel bad for those who don't..

#9 8 years ago

sounds about right....

wait.... is the alt trans autographed?!!?!!!?!?

If so, throw in a free Shasta and bump the price to $10K.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from reynolds531:

I think the market has already spoken. This has been listed locally at this price for a while now. The OP is sitting on gold, but not $10k worth.

#11 8 years ago

Can a mod just lock this thread like the 10k MMR thread earlier today?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-mm-remake-gold-trim-nib-medieval-madness

#12 8 years ago

they made less then 200 copies of Luci !
    Mine will never leave

#13 8 years ago

This game has been for sale a while ago, at the same price, and obviously no buyer to take it. Now it's back on the market but lesson has not been learnt and price is still ridiculously high.

I love this hobby and I really don't like this kind of money-making attitude. And BTW, I'm still looking around for an AC/DC premium, but at a normal price.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

they made less then 200 copies of Luci !
    Mine will never leave

State your source please. As a LUCI owner myself, I'd like to have a creditable source to verify what it is you say.

#15 8 years ago

I'm waiting for the LUCI VE remake LE with the burnt mustard body armor and the real wood bottom… please hold the coin mechs.

Do I SEND MONEY NOW?

#16 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

I'm waiting for the LUCI VE remake LE with the burnt mustard body armor and the real wood bottom… please hold the coin mechs.
    Do I SEND MONEY NOW?

I nearly fell off my chair when I read this. So good.

#18 8 years ago

Who cares what the seller lists it for......if he's not not in a hurry to sell it so be it. If someone wants a Luci they are going to pay for it, just like a BIBLE..... Same game/limited.

For the record I dislike Luci art, and it has no appeal to me.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

sounds about right....
    wait.... is the alt trans autographed?!!?!!!?!?
    If so, throw in a free Shasta and bump the price to $10K.

Since when did Shasta become so valuable?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Can a mod just lock this thread like the 10k MMR thread earlier today?

Even though I do not think it is a good price, he has the right to ask what he wants for his machine.

Since he posted it in the forum, you have the right to make comments and post your opinion on it. Threads should not be removed because people do not agree on what something is worth.

#23 8 years ago

If that Luci is worth 10k, then mine must be at least 11k.

#24 8 years ago

Off with the OPs head!

#25 8 years ago

Only if the lady in red pants comes with it

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballguy:

Full Coin taker LED'S !

As opposed to what? The half Coin taker LED version?

I'm going to use that line when I sell my Mustang.

#28 8 years ago

I don't understand all the shocked responses to this price.. anyone can inflate their asking price on any machine. Seems pretty simple. Doesn't mean it will sell (and won't sell at this price).

#29 8 years ago

Isn't everything more expensive in cally
    That might b a bargain out there glws

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

Not everything.

Del Taco Buck & Under Menu.PNGDel Taco Buck & Under Menu.PNG

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I don't understand all the shocked responses to this price.. anyone can inflate their asking price on any machine. Seems pretty simple. Doesn't mean it will sell (and won't sell at this price).

I understand it. It lets everyone know who the Grade A A-holes are in this hobby. And the best part is that no one has to point out these people to let anyone know who they are and be accused of name-calling. They prove it over and over when they post their games and their prices.

One seller (not mentioning any names) has a NIB IMVE posted for $6200. Anyone who flips NIB pins in this hobby is a true cancer to it. I'm sorry I ever sold him one of my games. But, on the other hand, any sucker who pays over NIB price for a Stern machine knowing that they are proven to go back into production in a moment's notice probably deserves to get screwed. But that's not who falls for these tactics. It's the poor, first-time buyer schlub whose first taste of the hobby is getting bent over by those willing to exploit.

#32 8 years ago
    #33 8 years ago

Honestly... I think this machine will sky rocket. Not many around. Not many seen. Supply and demand.
    My friend has one in his game room and it makes it pop. Don't be surprised that this game goes up to
    $12k shortly. It will be an oddity for sure.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Honestly... I think this machine will sky rocket. Not many around. Not many seen. Supply and demand.
    My friend has one in his game room and it makes it pop. Don't be surprised that this game goes up to
    $12k shortly. It will be an oddity for sure.

#35 8 years ago

I disagree. There are more than enough AC/DC premiums to go around. It's only a different art package, but the playfield layout and gameplay is the same. There is no way a different art package is going to warrant over double of what an identical playing premium would go for. Most would rather have BIB art package over Luci. I'm all for T&A, but they kind of dropped the ball on how she looks.

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

That might b a bargain out there glws

yes this pin comes with solar panels per California regulations.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Honestly... Don't be surprised that this game goes up to
    $12k shortly.

Nothing against you personally, but this was my honest reaction to the above quote:

9b5.jpg9b5.jpg

#38 8 years ago

I posted one of these for sale NIB last summer for $6200. I received one response. GLWS!

#39 8 years ago

The price doesn't offend me; his translites do.

#42 8 years ago

It's the old trick of asking for a super high price so hopefully you get your true asking price of let's say....8500. An old marketing tactic done by creating a lot of talk in order to get over the sticker shock.
    IMHO. An ACDC Premium just sold for 5900, so a different art package makes it worth 8500? Not a chance.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree. There are more than enough AC/DC premiums to go around. It's only a different art package, but the playfield layout and gameplay is the same. There is no way a different art package is going to warrant over double of what an identical playing premium would go for. Most would rather have BIB art package over Luci. I'm all for T&A, but they kind of dropped the ball on how she looks.

There are people willing to pay $10k+ for the BIB art package so I wouldn't be surprised with something in between this and the normal premium for Luci. My guess is that votes for the BIB vs. Luci art would be pretty evenly split, and a lot of people are wiling to pay a healthy premium for looks - especially when it's T&A vs. shirtless old guys.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

There are people willing to pay $10k+ for the BIB art package so I wouldn't be surprised with something in between this and the normal premium for Luci. My guess is that votes for the BIB vs. Luci art would be pretty evenly split, and a lot of people are wiling to pay a healthy premium for looks - especially when it's T&A vs. shirtless old guys.

They will never make additional BIBs however - there is no guarantee they won't make more Lucis. Unlikely yes - but certainly possible. I would pay about $600 over a premium for a Luci if I could find one - but there aren't that many out there.

Seller can ask whatever he likes though - good luck with the sell!

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Does the BIB have the exact same playfield as Luci ? I thought the bib was the equivalent of an LE.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Does the BIB have the exact same playfield as Luci ? I thought the bib was the equivalent of an LE.

No, it has the same as the standard Premium. The Luci has the different PF. Or at least it has a different lower PF.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

I posted one of these for sale NIB last summer for $6200. I received one response. GLWS!

Post it now and your inbox will be full of "I'll take it" messages.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Post it now and your inbox will be full of "I'll take it" messages.

Hell 6200.00, i already got one and i'll take it

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

That was last year and ACDC machines were readily available. Things have changed. I suspect that many have realized how good a game it is. I watched and waited for the better part of four months to find a good, used local premium: nothing to be had. I ended up getting an NIB with mods for more than it would have cost a year prior to 2015. Take it or leave it I suppose. If this individual poster's price is too high, it will not sell. Unless he really needs to sell it, the price may not drop. Again, I will reiterate: the market will determine what it is worth. It seems pointless to criticize the asking price.

I do agree with the criticisms of the translite. Aurich's replacement or the original are vastly better.

#50 8 years ago

Less than 200 Luci ,s ?? I sold my LTBR and picked up a NIB luci for 6200 I thought it was a bargain .I gotta be honest I wouldn't take 8k today . Everything in CA is crazy expensive especially the bay area, I wouldn't be surprised if it sold !

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-luci and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.