IMG_7174_(resized).JPG
IMG_7183_(resized).JPG
IMG_7181_(resized).JPG
IMG_7180_(resized).JPG
IMG_7179_(resized).JPG
IMG_7177_(resized).JPG
IMG_7178_(resized).JPG
IMG_7176_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Jodester stopped by yesterday and after talking to him I decided to use the parts out of one machine to get the other 100% functional.
Thanks for all interest.
I did strip all the parts out of the Eight Ball Deluxe if anyone is interested in parts.
Thanks
Jon

I'm trying to decide if it's Jodester or you who just killed two machines that could have been saved.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm trying to decide if it's Jodester or you who just killed two machines that could have been saved.

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of kids.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yep, plenty of shitty people in the hobby get greedy and throw in the towel when they don't get what they want.

I just hate seeing it go to waste. I am confident both could have been saved.

#54 8 years ago

What's left of the remaining FH? Is it completely stripped now? Any interested in selling all the parts that are left over?

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of kids.

What do you mean, "like"?

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yep, plenty of shitty people in the hobby get greedy and throw in the towel when they don't get what they want.

Yep, this guy is obviously a shitty person. Probably cheats on his wife, spits on homeless people, and never puts down the toilet seat too.

#57 8 years ago

Two less pinball machines in the world that will never be saved

#58 8 years ago

All three games looked pretty salvageable to me. Nothing that a bit of elbow grease and some new parts couldn't fix.

#59 8 years ago

From trash to salvageable...hmmm

#60 8 years ago

parting out a machine sometimes saves 10 or 20 others. One of those is a basket case. bottom falling out and rotted to shit. It's not like there are a shortage of FH's out there. parting one of these out, isn't the end of the world. Personally, I wouldn't have paid $500 for the whole group. would have been more hassle to move them out than what it was worth.

#61 8 years ago

I think the trash pics without knowing if they had working boards and so on changed, to salvageable with pics of machine actually with some lights on.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

All three games looked pretty salvageable to me. Nothing that a bit of elbow grease and some new parts couldn't fix.

did you see the bottom falling out of that FH?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you see the bottom falling out of that FH?

Yup. That can be replaced. There are at least a couple of restoration threads kicking around where you can see how it's done.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup. That can be replaced. There are at least a couple of restoration threads kicking around where you can see how it's done.

Cabinet repair, while time consuming, is really a lot of fun and not too difficult. I would have taken on any of those three machines, and if he was near me, they would have been spoken for in seconds.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Neo is too much of a purist. Would rather see games trashed than receive decals/cpr playfields.

On another note I bought a machine from DougPiranha Saturday. Pretty sure the OP would have trashed his BSD. Luckily that DougPiranha knows how to pick up a phone and found a cabinet to replace the original trashed one.

#66 8 years ago

no, i'm all about saving a game if possible. but with the bottom falling out like that. I would assume the water damage is massive. Which means the transformer is probably assed, and rusted everywhere. If that's all the problem is, yes it can be saved. If everything else is assed up inside, then you are better off parting it out.

as for the decals. It has nothing to do with purity. It has to do with decals are fragile as shit. if you squeeze between 2 games that are decalled, your belt will put a nice long white streak across the cabinet without much effort. They are terrible when it comes to durability. So when I see someone take a cabinet is fairly nice shape, and decal it, instead of just touching it up. they ruin the cabinet. I value it much less. At that point, I would not buy that game unless it was dirt cheap.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no, i'm all about saving a game if possible. but with the bottom falling out like that. I would assume the water damage is massive. Which means the transformer is probably assed, and rusted everywhere. If that's all the problem is, yes it can be saved. If everything else is assed up inside, then you are better off parting it out.
as for the decals. It has nothing to do with purity. It has to do with decals are fragile as shit. if you squeeze between 2 games that are decalled, your belt will put a nice long white streak across the cabinet without much effort. They are terrible when it comes to durability. So when I see someone take a cabinet is fairly nice shape, and decal it, instead of just touching it up. they ruin the cabinet. I value it much less. At that point, I would not buy that game unless it was dirt cheap.

For someone wanting to do a restore, none of that matters. Grab another wpc cabinet, new or used, and on your way. For someone wanting to restore on the cheap they would fix the cabinet. Instead, the op was a greedy sod and two machines that could have been restored are gone.

As for decals, most of us disagree with you. You know what's great? There is room enough in this hobby for everyone as long as people don't trash games.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Cabinet repair, while time consuming, is really a lot of fun and not too difficult. I would have taken on any of those three machines, and if he was near me, they would have been spoken for in seconds.

Please if someone can get me the shitty Funhouse I'd gladly document on pinside what it took to get it from parts to fully working, and bring it to either the Allentown or Pintastic show.

#69 8 years ago

I started cleaning the playfield but after reading this you guys make me want to drop the whole thing. If you read the item description you might have a better understanding. I thought someone might of wanted these for a restoration project. I picked these machines in an old warehouse. I found these, I would never let something like this get in this condition.

Dung - "Instead, the op was a greedy sod and two machines that could have been restored are gone" What the hell man?

I thought there was love in this community, all I feel is hate.

IMG_7228_(resized).JPGIMG_7228_(resized).JPG

#70 8 years ago

Looking nice, keep up the good work.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

Dung - "Instead, the op was a greedy sod and two machines that could have been restored are gone" What the hell man?
I thought there was love in this community, all I feel is hate.

You scrapped one machine and gutted a second what is there to love? There are people that would have made good restore projects out of them. That is love.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

user "dung" calling other people shitty. if that don't beat all...

#73 8 years ago

I would definitely like to get the EBD parts! Thanks for putting it out there. PM sent.

#74 8 years ago

One FH must die for one too live, nature of the beast.

#75 8 years ago

Op you are just going to have to over look a lot of people on here. Everyone has an opinion and most of the time they are wrong. You own the games. Do whatever you want with them. Sometimes games need parted. Sometimes they need to be restored. Sometimes they need to be burned (I hate termites lol). Who cares what everyone on here thinks

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

I started cleaning the playfield but after reading this you guys make me want to drop the whole thing.

I still say all 3 look very restoreable.. i've fixed up way worse. The playfields look like they should clean up. There's no shortage of parts available. It does get pretty expensive but they're worth it. If they were within driving distance i'd have already snagged them up

If the playfield is half decent... everything else can be redone. If not.. buy a new playfield.. they're out there. New decals on the cab. Strip the top of the playfield... touch it up... get it clear coated.. flame clear any plastic that's worth saving. buy everything else it needs... figure a month or two to redo each game if it doesn't have major board/wiring issues to track down.

Restoration is all dependent on skill level and whether you enjoy doing it or not.

#77 8 years ago

I think machine two was a parts donor. Throw everything left in really bad one and a very skilled and patient person could put something together. The EBD cab was totally trashed from water intrusion. Boards still look good and playfield looked like a possible cleaner upper. I am trying to get Jon in touch with Nevus since I know he needs a playfield for his EBD machine.

Jon is a really nice dude that is trying to rebuild his first working machine. It was a pleasure to meet him on Sunday. The parts from EBD may still help several machines become complete.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

As for decals, most of us disagree with you. You know what's great? There is room enough in this hobby for everyone as long as people don't trash games.

except you know the downside of that? You have people anal retentive that decal at the slightest imperfection ruining cabinets left and right. Cabinets that would be great originals. once you decal, you have forever ruined that cabinet. There's not going back at that point. I had to decal a game once. The cabinet wasn't that bad. I offered it for trade for the same cabinet, since it was being decalled anyway, i'd rather start with a outright shit version. let the decent one survive in it's natural glory. Offered as a free cabinet trade.

I don't know why you guys are giving him shit about parting them out. They are not rare games by any means. If there were less than 2000 made or something. Sure. But for a game that has one of the highest production runs. Who cares? part it out. Spread the love to about 30 + other people that need stuff for their games.

#79 8 years ago

There are hopes for game #2, I spoke to Jon yesterday. I'm going to try to help him with game #1 and work out a deal on game #2. Even talked to him about EBD as I maybe able to use boards and other pieces to save another game. I'm going to meet up with him this week and look forward to it.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

except you know the downside of that? You have people anal retentive that decal at the slightest imperfection ruining cabinets left and right. Cabinets that would be great originals. once you decal, you have forever ruined that cabinet. There's not going back at that point. I had to decal a game once. The cabinet wasn't that bad. I offered it for trade for the same cabinet, since it was being decalled anyway, i'd rather start with a outright shit version. let the decent one survive in it's natural glory. Offered as a free cabinet trade.

Neo rather than have this turn nasty let's just say we disagree. We both hold very different views of what ruin means. You want to sit over the nicest original games possible. I get my jollies from bringing back machines you would have considered trash. You go enjoy those machines that some homeowner ignored for 20 years and I will go get my hands dirty with that undesirable trash.

#81 8 years ago

Did anyone actually agree or offer to buy these machines from the OP? I saw a lot of "wish I were closer" bs posts, but couldn't see that anyone actually agreed to buy them?

Saying you "could easily salvage" these games and actually putting down the $$$$ and time to do it are slightly different items...

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Did anyone actually agree or offer to buy these machines from the OP? I saw a lot of "wish I were closer" bs posts, but couldn't see that anyone actually agreed to buy them?
Saying you "could easily salvage" these games and actually putting down the $$$$ and time to do it are slightly different items...

Yes. This is all happening locally. He's quite a nice guy btw.

#83 8 years ago

2 pins enter one pin leaves!
Welcome to thunder dome

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yes...but I literally would have bought them if I were closer. And you know it from our past transaction! The shipping would have made the price ridiculous in this instance.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Neo rather than have this turn nasty let's just say we disagree. We both hold very different views of what ruin means. You want to sit over the nicest original games possible. I get my jollies from bringing back machines you would have considered trash. You go enjoy those machines that some homeowner ignored for 20 years and I will go get my hands dirty with that undesirable trash.

I bring back pieces of shit too. Did you see my locomotion restoration thread? I"m not saying give up easy. But some games are to far gone. I don't know if these are or are not. We didn't have enough internal pictures to really know for sure. They may very well be salvageable. if that's the case, he should probably go that route since FH can bring some good coin in nice shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-2-funhouse-williams-1990-1eight-ball-deluxe/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.