20190602_174344 (resized).jpg
20190602_174341 (resized).jpg
20190602_174338 (resized).jpg
20190602_174127 (resized).jpg
20190602_174121 (resized).jpg
20190602_174117 (resized).jpg
20190602_174113 (resized).jpg
20190602_174109 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: 1980 Stern Seawitch Pinball Machine

Added: 2019-09-11 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (February 21st, 2020) • Ended: March 14th, 2020
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 3,100 (Firm)

Price is firm

Price is $4000 CAD which is about $3100 USD

Fully working and playing great!!! (See video link at bottom)
For more pics click on this link…
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5uv1gomg25idibk/AABQConydhMn0it8LB5R8lt6a?dl=0
I have gone through this machine top to bottom and inside and out.
The only negative is that a mouse decided to eat some of the insulation on some of the wires so at some point someone added electrical tape to these areas (see pics). This does not affect anything.
Playfield has wall to wall mylar so playfield is in great shape.
Playfield stripped and cleaned and all new rubber installed
I painted the head, head frame and back of the machine as well as some cabinet/head art touch-ups.
New altek mpu
Solenoid driver serviced with recommended upgrades
New CPR plastic set
New cabinet flipper switches
New Stern coin door stickers
Fully LED’d with Comet LEDs using Siegecraft adapters
New drop targets
New barrel spring for shooter rod
Newly printed custom apron cards on thick card stock
New leg bolts
New leg levelers
New ball
New coil sleeves
Many new lamp sockets
White Powdercoated legs with blue cabinet protectors included
Flipper rebuild kit including new flipper batts batts for lowers
Many connectors repined, a couple solenoids replaced and much more.
For more pics click on this link…
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5uv1gomg25idibk/AABQConydhMn0it8LB5R8lt6a?dl=0
Quick video here:

Price is $4000 CAD which is about $3100 USD

Item photos

20190602_174109 (resized).jpg
20190602_174113 (resized).jpg
20190602_174117 (resized).jpg
20190602_174121 (resized).jpg
20190602_174127 (resized).jpg
20190602_174338 (resized).jpg
20190602_174341 (resized).jpg
20190602_174344 (resized).jpg
20190602_174347 (resized).jpg
20190602_174351 (resized).jpg
20190910_133214 (resized).jpg
20190910_133254 (resized).jpg
20190910_133936 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Shenanigander's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Shenanigander's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

London, ON, CA

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

#2 4 years ago

Are you sure the harness wasn't cut and reconnected ( crimped or soldered)? That is usually and unfortunately why there is tape on all of the wires in that vicinity.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Are you sure the harness wasn't cut and reconnected ( crimped or soldered)? That is usually and unfortunately why there is tape on all of the wires in that vicinity.

Yep, mouse teeth were the cause! There were some nibbles right by a few of the display connectors so I cut it mostly out and fully repinned 3 or 4 of the display connectors and got rid of it there. The chewing in the middle of the harness wiring is not as easy to deal with.

#4 4 years ago

I’d be surprised if this lasts long.. Good pin, good price. GLWS.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

I’d be surprised if this lasts long.. Good pin, good price. GLWS.

Thanks brother!

#6 4 years ago

I have had a couple people ask about the dirt line by the left flipper. The person laying the mylar made a few slits to make the giant piece of mylar fit the playfield. I didn't want to risk trying to dig in there to clean it out but it is just dirt under there. Likely could clean up well if one uses caution.

#7 4 years ago

Check out the left loop and you can see another mylar slit there.

#8 4 years ago

I’m surprised this is not sale pending yet

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Just how it is with Canada

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I posted this locally and got pretty much no action. Immediately after posting here I have had lots of interest. No deal made yet but negotiations are happening. Nothing signed and sealed yet though.

#11 4 years ago

Still available. Price drop to $3400USD!

1 week later
#12 4 years ago

Any way for you to get this to the border for a meet up?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Any way for you to get this to the border for a meet up?

Its is possible but you would have to cross over to my side or I'd have to pay customs on the transaction.

3 weeks later
#14 4 years ago

Price drop to $3200USD

#15 4 years ago

GLWS, one of the few early Sterns I have taken a shine too playing at the shows.

#16 4 years ago

Great game and great price... damn do they bend you over at the border or something, how has nobody bought this??

#17 4 years ago

Evidently few Pinsiders have passports!? I don’t know how difficult it is bringing a pinball machine back over the border, I have heard horror stories about trying to bring motorcycles or cars that were originally sold in Canada back to the U.S.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Great game and great price... damn do they bend you over at the border or something, how has nobody bought this??

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

GLWS, one of the few early Sterns I have taken a shine too playing at the shows.

Thanks! The classic sterns are great!

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Quoted from Powdevil:

Evidently few Pinsiders have passports!? I don’t know how difficult it is bringing a pinball machine back over the border, I have heard horror stories about trying to bring motorcycles or cars that were originally sold in Canada back to the U.S.

I have had a couple people come from the USA to pick up a machine from me in the past with no issues (including Bruce from slam tilt podcast if you want to ask him about it). When US citizens cross back over with a machine there is no tax. If I were to take it over and come back empty handed then I wold have to pay 13% sales tax at the border.

I would meet someone at the Michigan Port Huron border on the Canadian side if that works. Trying to not have to deal with shipping.

1 month later
#19 4 years ago

As far as I know, there are no customs costs involved when crossing the border with an old pinball machine from Craigslist with a declared value of less than $800.

#21 4 years ago

Never bought from Canada but I live in the Detroit area and really considered it. Sounds like it’s not a huge deal with customs and that’s a great looking pin!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from JustAl:

As far as I know, there are no customs costs involved when crossing the border with an old pinball machine from Craigslist with a declared value of less than $800.

I have had a couple US buyers pick up pins from me in the past and I don't think they had to pay any fees crossing back over.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s a pretty nice example. GLWS

Thanks Tiger!

Quoted from Happy81724:

Never bought from Canada but I live in the Detroit area and really considered it. Sounds like it’s not a huge deal with customs and that’s a great looking pin!

Thanks Happy! Come meet me on the Canadian side at the Port Huron border. Ill bring her there!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Thanks Happy! Come meet me on the Canadian side at the Port Huron border. Ill bring her there!

Man, I wish I could but I just agreed to buy a black knight 2000 that I’m picking up next weekend which puts us actually over the pin count so I’ll have to sell something after Christmas

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Man, I wish I could but I just agreed to buy a black knight 2000 that I’m picking up next weekend which puts us actually over the pin count so I’ll have to sell something after Christmas

Ahh nice. Good score!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

I have had a couple US buyers pick up pins from me in the past and I don't think they had to pay any fees crossing back over.

I sold my IJTPA to a gentleman from Traverse City area. He came to my house to pick it up and had no issues bringing back over the border.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I sold my IJTPA to a gentleman from Traverse City area. He came to my house to pick it up and had no issues bringing back over the border.

Very nice. I actually had someone from Indiana come to buy my IJ and he also had no issues!

#27 4 years ago

Very nice pin, if I was closer I'd have to talk myself out of buying it!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Very nice pin, if I was closer I'd have to talk myself out of buying it!

Haha thanks!

2 months later
#29 4 years ago

New price is $4000 CAD which is about $3100 USD. Just used this pin in our league playoffs and it was solid as usual!

1 week later
#30 4 years ago

Good looking game

GLWS be patient

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Good looking game
GLWS be patient

Thanks man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 199.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-1980-stern-seawitch-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.