Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by athens95
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2335 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2330 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2333 (resized).jpg
    IMG952334 (resized).jpg
    20210328_195037 (resized).jpg
    20210328_195002 (resized).jpg
    swivel pins (resized).jpg
    Doc Doom (resized).jpg
    20210328_195019 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Other items - for sale

For Sale: 1964 Bally Big Ball Bowler restored by Doc Doom

Featured Ad

Added: 2021-05-31 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (July 15th, 2021)

10 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

#2 2 years ago

Nice looking and long Bally bowler!

Doc Doom was fond of saying: "Big ball bowlers are like penises - the longer the better!"

I miss Doc. May he rest in peace.

Good luck on your sale!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nice looking and long Bally bowler!
    Doc Doom was fond of saying: "Big ball bowlers are like penises - the longer the better!"
    Good luck on your sale!

Yeah, he also told me "shuffle alleys are for pussies." Ha, he was a character.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Same here...he was quite the character. He drove the game out from his place in Indiana and stayed a couple of days to install and tweak the bowler. He told great stories and I feel fortunate to get to know him a bit.

#5 2 years ago

Here are exact dimensions:
    21' 2 1/2" overall length
    40" wide
    64" height
    consists of 7' lane, 5' lane, 7' lane/pindeck, 2' backbox

Clay's guides have some nice history of the bowler. Doc told me this was the exact base game pre restoration:
    http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/64bally.htm

I believe the 65 is basically the same as the 64 with only slightly different color scheme - the brochure is here:
    http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/65bally.htm

There are YouTube videos out there as well if anyone is interested.

Not interested in trades as I'm moving and downsizing but serious offers welcome especially if you're local.

Thanks guys

1 week later
    #6 2 years ago

Hey Mark, just wanted to say we're still rockin' the 1958 Trophy Bowler you sold me years ago! It was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out at your house. Good luck with the move. Dave

1 month later
    #7 2 years ago
    Quoted from DsGames:

Hey Mark, just wanted to say we're still rockin' the 1958 Trophy Bowler you sold me years ago! It was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out at your house. Good luck with the move. Dave

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that. Maybe time for an upgrade?

#8 2 years ago

I’d love to buy this, but transportation to AZ would probably cost an arm and both legs

#9 2 years ago

I wish my name was Doc Doom, how cool is that

3 weeks later
    #10 2 years ago

Had a few questions PMd so I added some additional details to the ad.

The bowler was restored by Doc in 2009; he delivered and set it up in my walk out basement along with a few friends. It hasn't been moved since.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mark_in_PA:

The bowler was restored by Doc in 2009; he delivered and set it up in my walk out basement along with a few friends. It hasn't been moved since.

So you choose to keep the Bally Bowler around over the MBA?
    The first version (1963) didn't have the year in the title. Just "Bally Bowler".
    Looks identical..

#12 2 years ago

Relooking at your photos as it has been a while ... that is a really beautiful bowler!

#13 2 years ago

Years ago I flew Doc down to do work on my bowler.

He was fun to hang with...What a character!

It was more reliable after He worked on it than most of the 40 pins I had in the gameroom!

And all my pins were HUO...LOL

GLWYS!!!

1 week later
    #14 2 years ago

I would love this not sure shipping is a good idea

#15 2 years ago

Get this and forget going to the local alley

#16 2 years ago

What a nice looking Bally contact bowler, I can't believe this game is still available, if that were an MBA it would probably have a price of 2-3X this and still be cheap. There can't be more that a a handful of these Bally contact bowlers left, and probably none this nice.

Doc Doom was great. After he died I bought a few remaining Bowlers he had in inventory from his Widow. The bowler I kept for myself was a 1957 United Simplex single player he had in his garage, the rest were in a pole barn so I know this Simplex was special. I think this was probably the last Bowler he went through. And I have never seen another 1 player United Bowler either, as I was told this was a test/prototype from United that didn't work out so well.
    Almost every picture you see of Doc has him sitting next to a bowler with a cigarette and usually a beer. There won't be another like him.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-1964-bally-big-ball-bowler-restored-by-doc-doom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.