View topic image gallery

air_guitars_in_the_background_facts_about_bill_teds_excellent_adventure_10.gif
tn_image-3 (resized).jpg
e5ad06c6ebedd98c8a9c8591d8bf98f9ce4bd514 (resized).jpg
giphy-8.gif
DSCN7081 (resized).JPG
DSCN7080 (resized).JPG
DSCN7078 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: 1959 Williams Rocket- Totally restored. HUO

Added: 2020-07-16 23:50:05 UTC • Ended: July 27th, 2020
Condition: As is

Price

$ 2,500

Well, almost fully restored. Willing to ship if buyer makes arrangements and accepts all the risk.

Also willing to set it out on the curb for easy pickup.

Item photos

DSCN7078 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are o-din's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to o-din's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

San Angeles, CA, US

#2 3 years ago

I meant 1959.

#3 3 years ago

That looks like a good time. I dig everything I see here.

#4 3 years ago

For thirty four hundred, you get everything including a brand new oversized AMC piston, except this.

DSCN7080 (resized).JPGDSCN7080 (resized).JPG
#5 3 years ago

Can't have this either.

DSCN7081 (resized).JPGDSCN7081 (resized).JPG
#6 3 years ago

Well - if you’re not gonna include the vintage rolling tr .... I mean food tray , I’m out .

#7 3 years ago

Odin’s daily parody threads are getting weirder. They are like some Andy kaufmanesque performance art except somehow even less funny.

I’m sure there’s a point but I’m afraid he’ll self-exile again before tells us.

Don’t go Odin! You still have so much to give us!

#8 3 years ago

Is the jar of marijuana included ?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Odin’s daily parody threads are getting weirder.

That's because last night I had a dream. I dreamed somehow I ended up in NYC and you were the only dude I knew so I looked you up. You had nice cozy place with some books on a shelf. Then we walked down the street to get pizza. Out of nowhere a monster truck comes burning down the street, does a quick turn, and stops.

#10 3 years ago

I got a chance to play this game on my last biz trip to L A before all this covid crap started. Game looks and plays great!

giphy-8.gifgiphy-8.gif
#11 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's because last night I had a dream. I dreamed somehow I ended up in NYC and you were the only dude I knew so I looked you up. You had nice cozy place with some books on a shelf. Then we walked down the street to get pizza. Out of nowhere a monster truck comes burning down the street, does a quick turn, and stops.

That’s probably exactly what would happen.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s probably exactly what would happen.

It was like 5th avenue is now a dragstrip.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Is the jar of marijuana included ?

Yes. There is plenty more where that came from. And jars are at target.

#14 3 years ago

Only reason all that crap is on Rocket is there is no longer room in my garage for the table I would normally pile all that crap on. And that is the only reason I have it up for sale. That, and I have noticed there are a few that are interested in this title. And like when I was looking for certain titles, they should have the opportunity to have their dream theme especially with so few, perhaps only a handful left in existence.

It's a great game and I'd like to say I will miss it, but with pinball machines coming out of my ears again, it will be more like out of sight, out of mind.

The cabinet is sporting and older, very well done repaint. It includes a new Shay glass, and I restored the playfield as best I could, and of course I made it all work perfect. This is a pic of the playfield after I put it back together a few months ago. Good luck finding one better.
e5ad06c6ebedd98c8a9c8591d8bf98f9ce4bd514 (resized).jpge5ad06c6ebedd98c8a9c8591d8bf98f9ce4bd514 (resized).jpg

#15 3 years ago

This one is on my wish list since it was produced the month I was born. It looks to be in great shape and I'd love to have it. Unfortunately I'm a member of the low end pin club. Since I like the restoration process I end up with a like new game without the large initial investment. Someone is going to get a great game and of course I'm envious.

#16 3 years ago

This is the one from the month I was born. And no I never owned one. That doesn't mean much to me since the time I owned a '62 Corvette. I didn't even buy it because of that, just that I liked the overall style the best.

tn_image-3 (resized).jpgtn_image-3 (resized).jpg

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is the one from the month I was born. And no I never owned one. That doesn't mean much to me since the time I owned a '62 Corvette. I didn't even buy it because of that, just that I liked the overall style the best.
[quoted image]

I've owned my birthday game, Far Out.

Wasn't as satisfying as I expected.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've owned my birthday game, Far Out.

Wasn't as satisfying as I expected.

Indeed. But you were born at a far out time.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Indeed. But you were born at a far out time.

It was Out of sight man!

(and magical)

#20 3 years ago

I remember people saying Far Out and Out of Sight as late as 1969, but Woodstock and several musicians deaths put an end to that. Just an early example of pinball being just a few years behind. They didn't drop many of those psychedelic 70s Gotts here that I saw. They were more promoting Bally at the time. The modern look, fast gameplay, and style went over real well here.

#21 3 years ago

I'd probably trade you straight up for your Wonderland if you still have the one you got from that old man. It's probably not the player Rocket is, but I've never had one and it sure is pretty.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd probably trade you straight up for your Wonderland if you still have the one you got from that old man. It's probably not the player Rocket is, but I've never had one and it sure is pretty.

It’s a keeper for me. Just sits not set up in the shop. One day I’ll have a house and then it can rise again.

It’s actually a very fun player. Has that super high power that Williams games as opposed to the limp gottlieb. Only one gobble hole, fun layout.

I really don’t think there’s a better looking woodrail either. George molentin is way
Underrated.

#23 3 years ago

What I haven't figured out yet is when they stopped using impulse flippers and started using those powerful double wound 50 volt coils. I'm guessing Wonderland made the switch. Possibly happened in '53 or '54?

This Rocket plays fast because of the layout as well. You need to pick a new Rocket, you gotta bank it back to the top.

#24 3 years ago

I put a more realistic price of $2500 on it, but will entertain any offer.

#25 3 years ago

It looks like a cool game. If I were ever to get a woodrail, this would be the first. I just missed one locally a couple of months ago. Unfortunately I have too many games right now also. Good luck with the sale.

#26 3 years ago

It was my first woodrail and outlasted many others. If no collector really wants it, I'll just as soon keep it for now. I can fix my garage space either way.

It's one of the funner ones to play albeit a slight bit of chopping wood if there was such a thing in 1959. Love lighting those Rockets.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What I haven't figured out yet is when they stopped using impulse flippers and started using those powerful double wound 50 volt coils. I'm guessing Wonderland made the switch. Possibly happened in '53 or '54?
This Rocket plays fast because of the layout as well. You need to pick a new Rocket, you gotta bank it back to the top.

1955 they moved to the hi power individual control flippers.

1 week later
#28 3 years ago

Phone's been ringing off the hook.

air_guitars_in_the_background_facts_about_bill_teds_excellent_adventure_10.gifair_guitars_in_the_background_facts_about_bill_teds_excellent_adventure_10.gif
#29 3 years ago

Ending this listing because I got the engine out of the garage and into the Jeep and it runs perfect.

Now, I have room to put the table back in the garage and keep all that miscellaneous crap off Rocket. Thanks for all the interest anyway.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-1950-williams-rocket-totally-restored-huo?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.