(Topic ID: 133018)

for people thinking about operating a pin on location.

By aveamike

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

hello,

due to space issues at home i keep a pin at my local bar.
    for the last year i only used coin mechs and the game on average would make 20$ a week, depending which game i had there.
    i finally got around to installing a bill validator on the current game (MET pro).
    now the game is earning 100$ a week and sometimes more.

i am sure the summer months are helping but its still a dramatic improvement.

mike

#2 6 years ago

Good call with the DBV

#3 6 years ago

I see this preached as gospel time and again but it totally depends on your location, pricing, access to a change machine, and your clientele. DBVs make basically no difference at my location (party room in a pizza place). I've tried. Believe me, I've tried. My MMR is priced at $1/play and has a DBV. I typically find $10 in quarters for every $1 in the DBV. I wish it was the other way around, it would make my life easier. My location has easy access to change and most of my games are 50 cents/play. So in this case it seems like people (specifically kids) would rather plunk in quarters. If I could double my earnings let alone quintuple them like you did, I would take the time and spend the money to put DBVs in everything.

I'll soon have a second location that will be a bar and grill. I'll definitely try DBVs at this location. I have a feeling that unlike the pizza place, the clientele will be more likely to have bills and prefer using them to quarters.

My point is not to suggest that operators don't use DBVs or that they aren't a good investment, just don't expect a miracle in every case.

#4 6 years ago

Usually the restaurant or bar does NOT like to make change. The cashier or bar tender always acts put out by the whole change thing, so people are reluctant to ever ask a second time for more change.

So if you have a change machine, the DBV is less likely to make a difference.

But if you don't have one, a DBV can work wonders.

But like Stang says, you can never know for sure.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside