Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by finman2000
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Joker Poker Kings resistor-869.png
JP pull-up pic-428.jpg

#1 5 years ago

When you first turn on your machine does the coil for the Kings Drop Target reset quickly fire once?
Thank you in advance!

#2 5 years ago

Not on mine.

#3 5 years ago

I would have thought that all drops would reset or none. Pretty sure there shouldn't be just one bank of drops resetting. What MPU do you have in the machine?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I would have thought that all drops would reset or none. Pretty sure there shouldn't be just one bank of drops resetting. What MPU do you have in the machine?

The original one. I swapped it out with another one and it does the same thing. I think I may have an issue on the driver board?

#5 5 years ago

do you have the grounding mods done?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

do you have the grounding mods done?

Yes, I do. When I bought it that coil locked on when the machine was powered up. I replaced the lamp driver transistors(pre-driver) and the under-the-playfield mounted 2N5875 transistor. This stopped the locked on issue and the coil resets the Kings bank when it should. Just not sure why it fires on power up.

#7 5 years ago

no, not on mine

#8 5 years ago

Thank you all for your feedback! I guess I have a problem.

#9 5 years ago

Mine has always done this as well. I assumed it was normal because I thought the Kings bank fires on power up in this video... However, I just watched it again and I think I've lost my mind because now I don't hear it.

#10 5 years ago

The Kings target bank locking on and burning the coil and transistors is well know on Joker Poker. The fix to make sure it never happens again is to add a 1/4 watt, 4.7K ohm "pull-up" resistor to the under-playfield large resistor for the Kings target bank reset. My Joker Poker had the Kings coil locked on, and after changing the coil and driver transistor, it still fired sometimes on power up and randomly during game play. Since I did this simple mod, all is good.
JP pull-up pic-428.jpgJoker Poker Kings resistor-869.png

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Mine has always done this as well. I assumed it was normal because I thought the Kings bank fires on power up in this video... However, I just watched it again and I think I've lost my mind because now I don't hear it.
» YouTube video

I don't hear it in Clay's video either. Did you ever have trouble with your king coil being locked on at power up at one time?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Enzo:

The Kings target bank locking on and burning the coil and transistors is well know on Joker Poker. The fix to make sure it never happens again is to add a 1/4 watt, 4.7K ohm "pull-up" resistor to the under-playfield large resistor for the Kings target bank reset. My Joker Poker had the Kings coil locked on, and after changing the coil and driver transistor, it still fired sometimes on power up and randomly during game play. Since I did this simple mod, all is good.

Thank you Enzo! I will add the resistor to mine.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I don't hear it in Clay's video either. Did you ever have trouble with your king coil being locked on at power up at one time?

Yes, I have added the resistor and it still does it. Now though, only on occasion (10% of the time).

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yes, I have added the resistor and it still does it occasionally.

Hmmm. That's interesting. Thank you for the feedback. Have a Merry Christmas!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North East, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 41.00
$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside