(Topic ID: 41631)

For JJP third pinball should be The Justice League..would you buy one?

By Rocky111

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I think they are making the movie in 2015......superman, flash, Wonder Woman , green lantern, batman, Aqua man....I think would be incredible

#2 11 years ago

Not for me. I always think Wonder Twins when JLA is mentioned.

#3 11 years ago

As long as they take my deposit now, I am in!

#4 11 years ago

Let's see them release a completed pin first.

#5 11 years ago

nope. no interest.

now if they had a big lebowski pin, i'm all in

#6 11 years ago

If JJP does a superhero pin, I will quit pinball....period..u cant be serious? How many superhero pins do we need?

#7 11 years ago

No more super hero pins

#8 11 years ago

JJP 3rd pin should be original theme

#9 11 years ago

I read that the script for the movie was garbage and rejected by the studio. So I wouldn't be so sure about that 2015 release date or ever even. Besides, DC comics suck balls in comparison to Marvel IMHO. Batman is DC's only good franchise.

Also not to beat a dead horse, but let Jack get his first table out the door before speculating on tables 3 thru infinity.

#11 11 years ago

If it was based off the animated series - instantly. Movie characters not so much. When I look at the art/staying power of something like R&B vs Flinstones - no brainer. Aside from that I'd like to see something non super hero. Still think Muppets would be a great theme.

#12 11 years ago

I want a Scooby Doo pin. Yeah I said it

Another superhero pin might make me puke

#13 11 years ago

Fraggle Rock!!!!!

#14 11 years ago

Enough with the damn super heroes!!!!

#15 11 years ago

No! And thankfully, Jack has expressed that he has absolutely no interest in superhero pins.

#16 11 years ago

I like Jack.

#17 11 years ago

No more superhero stuff, PLEASE!!! My God, do something original. That's one of the main things I liked about JJ when he was proposing his business model, the idea that original themes were possible. It seemed like it would happen soon when Nordman got on board, but that's gone now. Maybe Spooky will make that happen. I guess I'm becoming a collector snob and not thinking about the boost that licensed products give to sales, but I'm sick to death of rehashed movie tie-in crap. The movie titles that I might be in to are sci-fi stuff like Star Trek and SW if done correctly, Aliens, Predator, Jaws, and horror-related themes. I'm tired of superhero stuff and I'm only interested in about 1 of every 4-5 music titles proposed. I'm also sick of the limited production runs on Stern titles. Make more of the LEs for goodness sake. They sell before they ship, and people want them. I think it's time to get rid of the Pro/LE thing and just put a fair amount of quality into every machine you make. And how about getting your game code more polished before you release the game? Buyers are beginning to feel like suckers with every purchase.

Michael

#18 11 years ago

I think this may have been mentioned above, NO!!!

#19 11 years ago

Personally, I think the comic book theme is played out. If I see another game with a muscled guy in tights grimacing I think I'm going to scream.

#20 11 years ago

JJP pin #1 needs to happen first.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

How many superhero pins do we need?

Exactly!!

Quoted from Concretehardt:

And yes!!

#22 11 years ago

What happened with originality?? Oh that's right it died with B/W...

#23 11 years ago

No, I always thought the JL was lame.

#24 11 years ago

pass

#26 11 years ago

ANY theme can be incredible, just because it's Justice League doesn't mean it would be any good. We've already seen this proven in the past year!

Like many other people have stated before, why not a Zombie pin? I am completely baffled that Stern hasn't produced one already, when you stop to consider the amount of source material they could draw on for inspiration. Not to mention they wouldn't have license fees and be handcuffed with limited time to build games, which has hurt them in the past. Why JJP hasn't jumped at this is equally baffling.

#27 11 years ago

PbH's Theme-o-matic(tm).

Can't come up with an original creative theme? Use Hollywood's formula and pick from the list below:

Comic book heroes
    Zombies
    Vampires
    Alien invasions
    Anti-terrorism
    Military re-enactments
    Historical figures
    Bizarro versions of historical events (Inglorious Bastards, Django Unchained, Time-travel movies, etc.)
    Animated toys, tools or animals pretending to be human

#28 11 years ago

Original theme please. NO movies, remakes. ORIGINAL.

#29 11 years ago

Comic book tie ins are getting so tired and old. Out of the dozens of movies that have been released based on comic books since the 'fad' started last decade I can only think of 3 or 4 that I actually enjoyed, the rest were pretty awful.

That said I haven't had a chance to lay any of the Stern comic book tie in stuff, but the themes do not appeal to me in the least. I would rather see a non-licensed pin any day. Put that extra licencing money in the development of the pin.

#30 11 years ago

No, would not buy. He has said he has an unlicensed theme in the works. I am ready to hear what it is.

#31 11 years ago

No chance.

#32 11 years ago

^^ This. ^^

#33 11 years ago

no chance.

#34 11 years ago

Only if they did a Legion of Doom LE! I'd be on that like a hobo on a ham sammich

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

nope. no interest.
    now if they had a big lebowski pin, i'm all in

If anyone reputable puts together a Lebowski I'm all in. It'll suck and I'll have to skimp and save and starve, but I'll have to have it. However, I highly doubt squeaky smiley grin and shake Jersey "Everyone Loves Oz" Jack is going to produce a pin of the most profane movie in history. My hopes/dreads are with SkitB.

But no. No interest in Justice League.

#36 11 years ago

No way.

#37 11 years ago

So many people give Jack credit for "listening" to us (pinheads). If true, then he should hear us on this issue! How many of us have been saying for years that we want....no.....NEED a pin with an original, non-licensed theme?

Someone start a poll!

#38 11 years ago

So sick of super hero pins I could puke. That said, if it were truely a top 10 pin, I would buy it in spite of the theme. That is after code is released and if they hit it out of the ballpark. Maybe a five percent chance of this happening.

#39 11 years ago

I think with JJP that had to play it safe with their first couple pins. It's sad but themes do sell pins. Look at what Stern has been doing with the same regurgitated stuff lately. I hope JJP will get some games under their belt and start going outside the box...

I's like to see something along the Tim Burton lines...Like an Alice in Wonderland meets Cirqus Voltaire...

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

If anyone reputable puts together a Lebowski I'm all in

This is about the only non-horror theme I can get behind.

#41 11 years ago

Am I the only one around here that will only buy a game after playing it a bunch?

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bischt:

Am I the only one around here that will only buy a game after playing it a bunch?

When it comes to a NIB, probably. Games with limited numbers like Predator or BHZA wouldn't be available for a tryout period, unless you knew someone that owned them. Even then, they would probably be unattainable because they would be sold out. No doubt, it's a leap of faith to buy any of these titles NIB that have very limited production numbers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-jjp-third-pinball-should-be-the-justice-leaguewould-you-buy-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.