(Topic ID: 327944)

Foo Fighters Pinball - Are you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 431 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Blackice
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Foo Fighters Pinball - In or Out?”

• Learn To Fly … Away - No Thanks 337 votes
    60%
  • Everlong … Bring It On! - Yes, I’m in! 179 votes
    32%
  • Times Like These … I’m a maybe (explain) 50 votes
    9%

(566 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8490C48B-F8D7-42F1-9B17-8CE6E59E14B2.gif
A96A84A6-0D71-4F52-8333-F7BE763550DA (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
smart (resized).png
Untitled design (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
21F6B689-DD09-426F-BC5C-CCA9AA870FBC (resized).jpeg
683282C9-0825-4760-BB9A-10E15ED346A4 (resized).jpeg
B692D7D3-E334-4C88-94EF-B924D55D2F68 (resized).jpeg
7A2B10F3-FF9B-438F-B93C-C3C85B1BB21B (resized).jpeg
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A VH pin with DLR call-outs has the potential to be something.
Hot for Teacher multballllllll!

Yes!!! It could also be fun to select either Van Roth or Van Hagar tunes as part of the game objectives.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Yes!!! It could also be fun to select either Van Roth or Van Hagar tunes as part of the game objectives.

Now your talking !

#53 1 year ago

And the story line could have Alex and Eddie kicking Roth out of the band, hiring Hagar, and then kicking him out of the band. haha

It would also be cool if you could play the game as a band member. You could actually be David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, or Eddie, etc. Kinda like you do on that Pirates of the Carribean Jersey Jack game.

#54 1 year ago
7213161_0 (resized).jpg7213161_0 (resized).jpg
#55 1 year ago

I don’t even want to hear about a Foo Fighters machine until Ozzy/Black Sabbath has been released.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I don’t even want to hear about a Foo Fighters machine until Ozzy/Black Sabbath has been released.

Sharonnnnnnn!

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Gotta love his comment from a few years ago at what I think was the MTV Awards... When they received the Best Rock Band award, his comment was something like, "Thank you for this award, we're very grateful, but I also think we're the only rock band here, right?" Sadly, these days, there are few rock bands left still putting out new music.

And that's why they're successful. You don't have to try when you're the only game in town.

#58 1 year ago

I think a Nirvana theme would be amazing but of course I can’t imagine Cobain being particularly thrilled with his work being commercialized like that. How about we go the Shrek / Family Guy route and make 100 Foo Fighters and 2000 Nirvanas and see which sells out first.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

I can’t imagine Cobain being particularly thrilled with his work being commercialized like that

I don’t think he’ll mind

#60 1 year ago

Out!
If we're going old school would rather have a DEVO pin.
"Dark side of the moon" Pink Floyd seems more plausible.

#61 1 year ago

quiet quiet quiet quiet....

.....LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD

#62 1 year ago

I’m 53 and would love to see a Psychedelic Greta Van Fleet pin .Those dudes flat out Rock !!

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have heard the rumors too. Im in but doubtful of a 2023 release. With the passing of Taylor not sure how much time Dave is putting toward the development on a pinball machine. Not 100% my jam but probably as close to a Pearl Jam release I will ever see.

Truer words have never been spoken sir

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m 53 and would love to see a Psychedelic Greta Van Fleet pin .Those dudes flat out Rock !!

Won’t happen but yes they do rock old school 70’s style. My daughters introduced them to me. Lead singer to me sounds like if Robert Plant and Janice Joplin had a baby.

#65 1 year ago

Their songs all sound the same. They repeat the same lyrics over and over and over again.

So I guess if you can get a pin that plays the same ball over and over again it will work

#66 1 year ago

Everlong is my favorite song of all time. Foo Fighters are a great band. Its a title I'm definitely interested in

#67 1 year ago

This theme has about as much appeal as a pinball about soap making.

#68 1 year ago

I respect everyone in the Foo Fighters but I just don’t care for very many of their songs. They have a couple good ones but all of their “learning to” songs drive me crazy. I think they are overrated.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Now that I could get behind!

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I would love a fight club game!

#71 1 year ago

All the hate on Foo Fighters tunes is comical. Do you seriously need to say "I think their tunes so they are crap yada yada?" if you dont like them, dont listen to them. Pretty straight forward, right? The conversation would be a lot more useful if people talked about the potential integration of the type of music and songs in terms of pinball layout, theme and fun. Idiots saying Dave Grohl is only known because he was the drummer in nirvana is pure idiocy... 25 million album sales, 11 grammys, inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame.... enough said. If you don't like em - cool. But hating on every band you don't like is a huge waste of breath. It won't change the opinion of anyone that does like them. And FWIW, I am no huge fan of theirs but I'd certainly be interested in trying the pin. I recently bought the RUSH pin because I loved the gameplay - growing up in Australia I had never heard their songs - but absolutely love all the music on the pin now. And just maybe one day - one day - someone will do a Van Halen or Beastie Boys pin and I will then prepare to sell a kidney for an LE....

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

All the hate on Foo Fighters tunes is comical. Do you seriously need to say "I think their tunes so they are crap yada yada?" if you dont like them, dont listen to them. Pretty straight forward, right? The conversation would be a lot more useful if people talked about the potential integration of the type of music and songs in terms of pinball layout, theme and fun. Idiots saying Dave Grohl is only known because he was the drummer in nirvana is pure idiocy... 25 million album sales, 11 grammys, inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame.... enough said. If you don't like em - cool. But hating on every band you don't like is a huge waste of breath. It won't change the opinion of anyone that does like them. And FWIW, I am no huge fan of theirs but I'd certainly be interested in trying the pin. I recently bought the RUSH pin because I loved the gameplay - growing up in Australia I had never heard their songs - but absolutely love all the music on the pin now. And just maybe one day - one day - someone will do a Van Halen or Beastie Boys pin and I will then prepare to sell a kidney for an LE....

Eh....Music is alot like food; very subjective. People are going to voice their opinion of the music in a forum that asks if they would buy a pin from a act.

I don't expect people to love the same things I do. Although the world would be a better place with more Nick Drake and pastrami sandwiches.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Won’t happen but yes they do rock old school 70’s style. My daughters introduced them to me. Lead singer to me sounds like if Robert Plant and Janice Joplin had a baby.

Same here , my 2 teenage boys got me hooked as I don’t listen to music in the car much anymore .Yes ……I listen to pinball podcasts while driving .What in the hell happened to me ! lmao

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Eh....Music is alot like food; very subjective. People are going to voice their opinion of the music in a forum that asks if they would buy a pin from a act.

It's not just that I'm not interested in a Foo Fighters game, I'm also pretty tired of rock band pinballs in general. It feels like every other game is band themed these days and as they run out of the top band picks it's going to keep getting less attractive. I hope that the rock band fad can be over soon so we get more "real" themes, whatever they are.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

quiet quiet quiet quiet....
.....LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD

I never realized how much they do this.

#76 1 year ago

Foo Fighters is a band that would get me more interested in a music pin than any of the previous ones except Led Zepplin which is a crap layout.

Always depends on the layout to me but I’d consider it. If this was Jack Danger’s debut or an Elwin and it played well I’d buy it.

The only music pin theme that would be an almost automatic buy for me would be Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers but I think I’d have to homebrew that one!

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I never realized how much they do this.

It’s a style that bled over from Cobain’s style and alternative/grunge bands from the 90s. They all follow this formula:

Intro with distortion
Versus clean
Pre chorus distortion
Versus 2 clean
Pre chorus distortion
Chorus distortion
Bridge distortion in 3rd versus
Bigger louder chorus repeated as outro

#78 1 year ago

I'm 49 and love Rock, but for me....NO

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The first album is an utter classic, I picked up the latest one a few years ago and didn't hear a single track I cared for.

#80 1 year ago

Foo Fighters Fucking Rule.

#81 1 year ago

I’m totally out, but if it is Nirvana I’d be in 100%. I don’t know why you would do Foo Fighters before Nirvana, but that’s just my two cents. I get that there may be licensing issues, so I’ll say that before I get slammed!

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m totally out, but if it is Nirvana I’d be in 100%. I don’t know why you would do Foo Fighters before Nirvana,

See, this is the kind of bizarre vacuum that Pinside lives in.

You don’t see why you’d rather deal with Dave Grohl than Courtney Love?!

You don’t see why you’d base a pin on band with a 25 year ongoing career and current huge worldwide mega success rather than a dead one that had a 3 year career 30 years ago?

It’s not that tough to figure some of this out when you actually think about it.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok, now I’m having horrible flashbacks ..

#84 1 year ago

They could even come out with a new song for the game…

I’m learning to plunge again….

I’m learning to flip again…..

Ugh!!

#85 1 year ago

Man, they need to make a Stray Cats/Brian Setzer pin. Dude absolutely loves pinball, and it could be pretty cool. That said, I'm not huge on the music pins anyway

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

That said, I'm not huge on the music pins anyway

But you are Dan Halen!?!
Seems like a perfect match for music pins!!

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

But you are Dan Halen!?!
Seems like a perfect match for music pins!!

Well we Ain't Talkin' Bout Love here, are we?!

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

They could even come out with a new song for the game…
I’m learning to plunge again….
I’m learning to flip again…..
Ugh!!

Now this is high quality humor. I'm laughing out loud here. Well done.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

See, this is the kind of bizarre vacuum that Pinside lives in.
You don’t see why you’d base a pin on band with a 25 year ongoing career and current huge worldwide mega success rather than a dead one that had a 3 year career 30 years ago?
It’s not that tough to figure some of this out when you actually think about it.

Is she fully in charge of his estate?

#90 1 year ago

If we’re going the rock route King Gizzard would be a way better pick but obviously they are not as well known.

Gorillaz seems like it would be an easy home run with the art and would be different from all of the Rawk.

I’m not a fan and would not be a buyer but a Taylor Swift pin would be a money folder. (Based on the Ticketmaster debacle)

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Is she fully in charge of his estate?

Yes. Any Nirvana pinball machine would require intense cooperation with Courtney Love.

Ask Dave Grohl how that's worked out for him for the past 30 years.

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Look..they have some good tunes but Dave Grohl is OVERRATED!!! His claim to fame is he was the drummer for Nirvana….is he talented and able to play multiple instruments…yes but he is a DICK!!!

You clearly don't know much about David as a person. With a tiny bit of research you'll realize how wrong you are. Go ahead and hate his celebrity, but his contributions to music, education and community are well documented and continue to this day. jeez.. your comment is an example of Pinside at it's worst.

#93 1 year ago

Would be more interested in a rock music instrument/gear pin where you have to collect a vintage tele, strat, SG, Rickenbacker, (insert your favorite guitar or bass here). Next phase you have to collect the amps -- say a Marshall stack, twin reverb, silverface, Vox, Orange, Ampeg -- you get the idea. Drums (know even less about those than the other stuff). Throw in some vintage microphones, a Moog synthesizer, Hammond B3 or whatever else to round out the sound.

Yeah, don't ask me how in the hell you would secure licensing arrangements for it all.

As for the music, make it so you can upload your own soundtrack via MP3s or whatever the latest technology is. And include a fucking stompbox so you can boost the volume when the monster MB happens!

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

All the hate on Foo Fighters tunes is comical.

Literally ever music pin has the same reaction. All that matters is this: does the band have enough super passionate fans to sell a few thousand pinball machines? Album sales don’t matter. Popularity doesn’t matter. Are there enough needed with money who cherish that band & would spend a ton of money on a pin?

#95 1 year ago

NOPE

#96 1 year ago

Foo Fighters are good, at least they’re fairly current as far as acts go, but I’d much rather see Stern branch out to genres other than rock & do a Wu Tang Clan theme.

#97 1 year ago

I'm just gonna say it... Nirvana sucks compared to Foo Fighters

#98 1 year ago

Two words… Green Day

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

NWA would be good but good luck getting anyone to make a pin with the the “N” word. People are too offended for that shit so it will never happen.

It would just need a radio friendly mode for games on location like Rick and Morty adult mode / family friendly mode, and we’re getting an adult mode on Scooby Doo of all things. Don’t those songs get played on the radio all the time, just with the swears and slurs muted?

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Now that I could get behind!

Haha I immediately thought of that song too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 699.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

11,700 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pace, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.