(Topic ID: 327944)

Foo Fighters Pinball - Are you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 431 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Blackice
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Foo Fighters Pinball - In or Out?”

• Learn To Fly … Away - No Thanks 337 votes
    60%
  • Everlong … Bring It On! - Yes, I’m in! 179 votes
    32%
  • Times Like These … I’m a maybe (explain) 50 votes
    9%

(566 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8490C48B-F8D7-42F1-9B17-8CE6E59E14B2.gif
A96A84A6-0D71-4F52-8333-F7BE763550DA (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
smart (resized).png
Untitled design (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
21F6B689-DD09-426F-BC5C-CCA9AA870FBC (resized).jpeg
683282C9-0825-4760-BB9A-10E15ED346A4 (resized).jpeg
B692D7D3-E334-4C88-94EF-B924D55D2F68 (resized).jpeg
7A2B10F3-FF9B-438F-B93C-C3C85B1BB21B (resized).jpeg

There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 1 year ago

Stern continues cranking out music pins and reading rumors about a potential Foo Fighters coming over the next year.
Familiar with some of their bigger tunes but what is your take on this one?
Are you in, out, or a maybe?

9F3E50D3-0AB0-4084-AD1B-ADD9D86BBEE0 (resized).jpeg9F3E50D3-0AB0-4084-AD1B-ADD9D86BBEE0 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

They have some great songs. The energy matches pinball very well imo. I'd prob get a pro for location down the road...

#3 1 year ago

Whipping hair at Who tribute doing "Bargain".... Ugh , nuff said...

That said, I think them with "Kiss Guy" was awesome. So, who knows...

#4 1 year ago

1000% out.

I don’t need a bunch of C+ (at best) songs shoehorned into a pinball. I think I’ve heard like 3 singles from Medicine at Midnight and I kept asking myself “did they forget songs require melodies???” Just a bunch of horribly written songs… but coupled with a up tempo riff and the occasional Grohl scream and that’s their winning formula nowadays.

Debut album was so good. Now their songs have the same amount of effort as Cartman churning out Adam Sandler movie pitches.

#5 1 year ago

Out. Terrible band. But doesn't mean game will be bad.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Out. Terrible band. But doesn't mean game will be bad.

Yeah gameplay does matter most to me.
I didn’t realize they had such a huge following but digging around they still do.

#7 1 year ago

I'm a maybe if it's well.
Foo Fighters are a fine band but nothing I really listen to .

#8 1 year ago

Not a band I have an opinion on one way or another. Never listened to them, I imagine I've heard their music but couldn't name a tune. Definitely not a game for me.

But if you're a big fan and it's a dream game for you I hope it's good.

#9 1 year ago

Call me old fashioned but I like to play a game before I commit to buying it...

Although I admit there is one theme which might be instant pre-order... (it involves a time traveling car).

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Call me old fashioned but I like to play a game before I commit to buying it...

Agree, I’m right there with you.
Just a fun poll - no deposit needed.

#11 1 year ago

Would have never thought I'd like rush as much as I did. I could see this being similar. No way I'd buy it without putting some games in it first though.

#12 1 year ago

Mod folks might have work cut out for them on this one.

9D2F72E0-8C6F-4062-85E6-501D84FB2340 (resized).jpeg9D2F72E0-8C6F-4062-85E6-501D84FB2340 (resized).jpeg

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Mod folks might have work cut out for them on this one.

They are the problem

#14 1 year ago

Probably the most “meh” theme possible… does anyone hate them? Does anyone love them?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Debut album was so good. Now their songs have the same amount of effort as Cartman churning out Adam Sandler movie pitches.

First album was epic, only a few decent songs since.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Probably the most “meh” theme possible…

Yep. Not much love for a Foo pin so far.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Yep. Not much love for a Foo pin so far.

Pinside:

“How about a band theme for a band that’s been relevant this century!!! These dad rock games are killing pinball!!! We demand change!!!”

Ok how about foo fighters?

“Uh can we just get Pink Floyd?”

#18 1 year ago

Look..they have some good tunes but Dave Grohl is OVERRATED!!! His claim to fame is he was the drummer for Nirvana….is he talented and able to play multiple instruments…yes but he is a DICK!!!

Completely out…gimme Motörhead, Judas Priest, Pantera, or Megadeth and I am probably in. I’d even say I would be interested in a Beastie Boys or Run DMC pin before Foo Fighters. NWA would be good but good luck getting anyone to make a pin with the the “N” word. People are too offended for that shit so it will never happen. Just give me Body Count with Cop Killers and all that shit and I am probably in.

#19 1 year ago

I marked maybe, but I will come to the Foo Fighters' defense. They're one of the best live bands of this era and have been a rock radio staple for like 2 and a half decades. And they actually do have a solid mix of hits along with deep cuts (There Is Nothing Left To Lose is incredibly underrated) and a good sense of humor. If the band is involved it can be great. I do wonder what the gameplay loop will be, thematically speaking, because they don't have an Eddie or a time machine to fall back on. But it's great bar music, great live music, and great pinball music. I think it would make for a nice transition to a slightly more modern era of music pins.

Now bring on Muse.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I marked maybe, but I will come to the Foo Fighters' defense. They're one of the best live bands of this era and have been a rock radio staple for like 2 and a half decades.

In my ears’ defense, they’re only a rock radio staple because rock radio shot themselves in the foot when they started thinking people wanted one trick ponies like Kings of Leon and Mumford and Sons. The biggest rock station that was in Boston is now a sports talk channel. They went so mainstream, so quick, everyone was tuning out at the same time Brady/Belichick started taking over the world. They saw where the easy money was.

Now whatever is left of rock radio “S’s the D” of any new Foo release because they can pretend to act cool again. “We got some new Foo for you after the break (and we don’t care how god awful it is)”. And for like 10 years, any time CBS had one of those generic industry award shows, they were sooooo pumped to let you know there would be a performance by the Foo Fighters. Radio killed radio, but Foo held their hand while doing it.

They’re now alone, and an easy target… mostly because they suck.

#21 1 year ago

Stern might be working on an FF pin, but I think its Fast & Furious.

#22 1 year ago

I like the foo fighters, and they have stood the test of time...but they aren't a "must-have" for me.

#23 1 year ago

Enough with the "dad rock" themes...please...I can't walk by Metallica, Kiss, or Rush fast enough out on location.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Enough with the "dad rock" themes...please...I can't walk by Metallica, Kiss, or Rush fast enough out on location.

You are pining for Kid Rock? "Cowboy multiball!"

#25 1 year ago

No.

Absolutely not.

#26 1 year ago

Make it Nirvana, and maybe. I prefer my Dave Grohl with drumsticks in his hands.

Although . . . Dee Gees anyone?

#27 1 year ago

As long as the LE models are signed by Stern's Seth and Nick.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Although . . . Dee Gees anyone?

I just looked that one up - oh boy-

#29 1 year ago

In one word... WALK!

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

You are pining for Kid Rock? "Cowboy multiball!"

No Dad rock? How old are you, 12?

#31 1 year ago

I have heard the rumors too. Im in but doubtful of a 2023 release. With the passing of Taylor not sure how much time Dave is putting toward the development on a pinball machine. Not 100% my jam but probably as close to a Pearl Jam release I will ever see.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hahaha Dad rock. I agree but Rush, Kiss and possibly Metallica are Grandad rock.

#33 1 year ago

Foo Fighters. I'm out.

Especially when Black Sabbath and Judas Priest are still on the table.

If we're looking for something current, Ghost would be a great theme. They have hits and they got the look. Not your typical metal band either. They have a sound that spans multiple categories. Only issue I see is the religious imagery getting the green light but we all know it's tounge in cheek.

#34 1 year ago

Hahaha Dad rock. I agree but Rush (1968), Kiss (1973) and possibly Metallica (1981) are Grandad rock. Foo is (1994)

#35 1 year ago

So many error posts… Lmao, I’m putting my beer down and walking away. Lol

#36 1 year ago

I don’t like Metallica but owned the game and miss it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#37 1 year ago

Early foo fights was fantastic. that Dave wrote the music and played all instruments on the first album is crazy impressive, considering what a hit it was. Don’t listen to them much now, so meh on theme for pinball. I’d play it, not crazy about it. However, someone mentioned muse and they have some epic songs for pinball. If people want something more relevant, they are pretty damn huge right now for the rock scene and have been for a while

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Early foo fights was fantastic. that Dave wrote the music and played all instruments on the first album is crazy impressive, considering what a hit it was. Don’t listen to them much now, so meh on theme for pinball. I’d play it, not crazy about it. However, someone mentioned muse and they have some epic songs for pinball. If people want something more relevant, they are pretty damn huge right now for the rock scene and have been for a while

Muse was me and someday I'll just retheme Rush into Muse if I have to. Time machine becomes a black hole, Rush targets = Muse targets. Even the planets thing kinda works with Muse's whole interstellar vibe. It'd be a blast!

#39 1 year ago

I liked the Foo Fighters in the 90s and I don't think they're a bad band now, but I don't think they'd translate well to pinball at all. There needs to be a better reason to do a band pin than "We haven't done this one yet."

Why not make a Beatles pin that actually covers their best period and has an original, modern design? The Beatles pin they put out was the epitome of Stern's bare minimum approach to selling a game.

Or what about a rolling stones pin in the vein of JJP'S GNR with live concert footage and a packed playfield?

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Stern might be working on an FF pin, but I think its Fast & Furious.

Maybe, it's Ford Fairlane? "Rock the Cradle of Love" multiball (with that hotter than hell chick.....that nobody remembers now) . Well on second thought... a Dice Clay pinball machine would probably make the woke world's head explode.

#41 1 year ago

I’m out just because I’m not a big fan of music pins. I don’t hate FF music but I like a game to have a story and feel like progressing is an adventure and in my opinion that’s something music pins generally don’t have. I just struggle to connect with them and immerse myself in the theme.

Iron Maiden is the only music pin I own and that’s because I think it’s something special and it also actually has a story as it’s based more on the game and not the band.

#42 1 year ago

Big nope.

#43 1 year ago

I have no connection to Foo Fighters, but my wife loves them. I wouldn’t buy it…but, I do like music games, so if my wife likes it - maybe? Probably not, though - Godzilla is her favorite theme and I think she’s played my GZ twice.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Here come the endless cries for a Rhianna pinball...

#45 1 year ago

I like their music more than Iron Maiden and I bought and enjoyed that game. Really depends on how the game and artwork is. Hope it's closer to Maiden than Rush. I enjoy playing Rush but not enough to buy one.

#46 1 year ago

I've been a fan of theirs. Been to a concert. They're fun live and put on a great show, but Dave does not sing very well live. His breath control isn't very good, most likely because he's way too excited and it really shortens some of the words and makes the songs not "feel" right, sometimes. Haven't heard much of their new stuff, though.

Gotta love his comment from a few years ago at what I think was the MTV Awards... When they received the Best Rock Band award, his comment was something like, "Thank you for this award, we're very grateful, but I also think we're the only rock band here, right?" Sadly, these days, there are few rock bands left still putting out new music.

With all that said, Dave is a true pinball guy. He's got a number of games at his house and studio, TAF being one of them I saw in one of the documentaries on the band years ago. I'm sure he'd be down to have Stern do a FF game, but who knows these days with Taylor gone and everything. I'm curious to see how he and the band move forward. He and Taylor were practically fraternal twins. I can see it being a while before things pick up again with FF.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

In one word... WALK!

I see your "Walk"..... and I raise you "Walk, but it's September"!

#48 1 year ago

I really hope it’s code for Nirvana .

#49 1 year ago

The Beatles pin is my favorite music pinball machine. I like Foo Fighters music, but I would prefer a Van Halen pin. Zeppelin was my dream music pin and it's ok. The giant spinner gizmo is kinda cool. I like the flow on it and the multi-balls, but I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything when I play it. I like the well defined modes on the Beatles and I'm fine with the improved Seawitch layout.

There are a bunch of music pins that I haven't spent much time playing. Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC, Stern Kiss, Stern Rolling Stones, Elvis, Rush. Out of those, I think the layout of Iron Maiden is the most interesting, but I don't like the music or satanic/egyptian stuff. I can see how an Iron Maiden fan would absolutely love it. Seems like they captured the theme well.

I need to spend more time on the music pins to see if I actually like them.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

The Beatles pin is my favorite music pinball machine. I like Foo Fighters music, but I would prefer a Van Halen pin.

A VH pin with DLR call-outs has the potential to be something.

Hot for Teacher multballllllll!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods
Decals
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 431 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-pinball-are-you-in-or-out- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.