PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (1 year ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3768 11 months ago

Just joined the club buying a lightly used Pro...really love the shots and flow! I have a few initial questions:

1) For the overdrive, what's the difference between the easy, medium, and hard settings? Seems like easy just gives you the ball save, but not sure what medium or hard do

2) Is their a setting to adjust the strength for the kicker target?

3) Has anyone needed to adjust the curved ball guide just above the right flipper that controls the angle of the ball exiting the right orbit figure 8 shot? I'm perfectly level at 7 degrees and the shot isn't super consistent for me

Thanks!

1 week later
#4434 11 months ago

I am looking into how to adjust the kicker target to increase the strength. 've looked in the menu settings and can't find the coil adjustment...is there one? If not, any suggestions as to how to increase the strength and the sensitivity?

On other machines I've seen the kicker target have enough power to send the ball up the side ramp, but that happens very infrequently on mine. Unless the ball hits very centered or to the right of center on the target it doesn't really kick

#4436 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There isn't a menu adjustment. You want to make the switch LESS sensitive if you want a harder kick - that way the switch doesn't activate until the paddle is depressed more, so there's more throw when the coil makes the paddle kick.
I think it's supposed to be random and more of a chaos-creator than a reliable kick up the ramp, though.

How do you go about adjusting the sensitivity to that switch since it's unique?

#4493 11 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How the heck do you change the rubber post just behind the upper-right flipper? I cannot figure out how to remove the rail that is covering it.
Thanks in advance!

Would love some input on that post, the 7/16th right above the lower right flipper, and all of the rubber under the overlord. If anyone who has done the whole machine could provide some tips it would be most appreciated!

4 weeks later
#5599 10 months ago

I'm curious if others have very smooth right orbit figure 8 shots. I understand that the shot is intended to return to the left flipper, but that probably only happens about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time for me. My machine is perfectly level side to side and I've experimented with playfield angles from 6.5 to 7.0 without any noticeable difference. I think the ball is getting help up on the exit switch just above the right sling which is why it doesn't cleanly exit to the left flipper.

I did notice that there's a potential adjustment right above the right flipper / right sling that could possible change the exit angle of the ball...I feel like a steeper angle could help the ball clear the right sling and make it to the left flipper. Has anyone made this adjustment or potentially replaced that switch with an MRS switch?

Thanks!

1 month later
#7287 8 months ago

I just installed the dmcs dead post mod HighVoltage and had a question for the Premium / LE owners. On my pro, the ball only bounces off of the dead post with enough oomph to make it to the right flipper for a possible save about 1 our of 10. The angle is correct, but it rarely travels far enough to facilitate a save. Normally it get to the very top of the right flipper and that is it.

I've adjusted the apron, raised the playfield angle, and waxed the left outlane, but nothing is really helping. I've seen the key posts that all serve to change the angle so the ball goes towards the right flipper and not the left one, but that's not my problem. Any other adjustments I can make to get this dead post working correctly?

#7300 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like your apron is still not optimal. Picture of the apron/deadpost area?

It sounds like the premium / LE apron is different in both design and materials. The pro has a plastic apron with a slight gap between where the black plastic apron ends and where the dead post is positioned. I have tried manipulating the apron by putting something on the metal post that houses the left trough light to push the apron out more but that didn't seems to make a difference. I have the metal corner piece guide

I've even tried to install a makeshift shim to bridge the gap that doesn't seem to be on the premium / LE apron but that didn't make a difference either.

Not really sure what else to do

PXL_20230821_013620606 (resized).jpgPXL_20230821_013620606 (resized).jpg
#7333 8 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Here are a couple images of how my apron aligns with the deadpost on my LE. This relationship seems to work well, I don't hit the back of the left flipper and the ball ends up in a few different places on the right flipper, from just on the tip to back fairly far, depending on how fast the ball is coming down the left outlane. Do you have a rubber on the left outlane post? If so, removing it may help ensure that the ball has good speed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is definitely helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the Pro apron is not only made of different materials (plastic vs. metal on the Premiums / LEs), but it also has a 2-3 inch gap between where the apron ends behind the left flipper and where the dead post is positioned. Good call on removing the rubber on the left outlane. I've waxed the outlane, raised the playfield angle, and tried a few other things to increase the ball speed but nothing is really helping. I think it could be either the plastic apron is giving because it's more flexible than the metal one and / or the gap is slowing down the ball. The angle that the ball is coming off of the dead post is good, it's just the speed is the problem. I'm thinking of taking a metal ruler and mounting it behind the apron to possibly add some rigidity to see if it works.

#7335 8 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Someone on here had made a ramp like peice right before the deadpost, that may be a good option also.

I haven't seen that, any idea which pinsider I should reach out to?

8 months later
#13324 20 hours ago

I'm selling my DMCS Save Diverter mod for anyone interested in getting a lightly used one (works perfectly and comes with everything) for a discounted price of $200 plus shipping and you can have it now! I'm likely selling a few machines (including Foo) to fund some other purchases, so here's your chance to add the premium/LE save post feature. Here's a link the mod maker's post (High Voltage) for more info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-save-post-envy-playing-non-ff-game-try-the-dmcs-save-diverter

PM me if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.