PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (1 year ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 1 year ago

Just wondering if during either of the reveal streams, did anyone finish a mode? They are good players but I can’t find in the videos where they actually finished a mode before draining. Did I miss it?

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

I know on the LE stream Nick got to the Austin mini-wizard mode.

Thanks I’ll have to look for it. Or not and keep it a surprise for me

1 week later
#247 1 year ago

I think they should add a setting to allow for a random song to play at ball launch rather than the player having to select it.

1 week later
#755 1 year ago

Pro is in the house! I hooked up my external amp but not getting as much thump as I expected. Maybe I’ll play with the equalizer settings or just upgrade the speakers and add an amp. Game is fun. Needs more callouts as I wasn’t always sure where to hit the ball.

IMG_0705 (resized).jpegIMG_0705 (resized).jpeg
#850 1 year ago

I lifted the playfield up.l on my pro. I think this is the lightest playfield ever

#975 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been discussed…but I find that the ball remains locked in the overlord after the game ends and remains there at the start of the next game. Anyone else experience this?

Also, I find it hard to soft plunge into the drop targets. Spring too firm?? I may switch it out. Is this a tough skill shot for others?

1 week later
#1701 12 months ago

For those wanting better sound, check out the DIY audio thread. I upgraded my GZ all in for $250 with 5.25” kickers, JBL sub and an external amp. Much better quality and cheaper than the “plug and play” systems.

#1703 12 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

100% this!
I made a cheat sheet here based on that thread:
http://bit.ly/sternaudio

Nice job!! I did not need any adapters for the 5.25” kickers though. They are flush mount

#1718 12 months ago

I don’t understand how people can justify a >9 rating when the game has been out such a short time with incomplete code. But hey that’s pinside

#1838 12 months ago

Can someone explain what the battery insert is for on the right orbit?

What does it do and when is it lit and relit?

#1934 11 months ago

I feel like the right orbit shot is the most difficult shot in the game. Thoughts? I lowered my flippers to slightly below the alignment dots. I saw big improvement on crossover and left ramp shots, but nothing notable on the right orbit. The right orbit is my favorite shot on the game

1 week later
#2840 11 months ago

Can anyone point me to where this screw goes? Found it in my left inlane

IMG_0787 (resized).jpegIMG_0787 (resized).jpegIMG_0788 (resized).jpegIMG_0788 (resized).jpeg
#2841 11 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Can anyone point me to where this screw goes? Found it in my left inlane
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found the spot two minutes after posting the pic. Been searching for 20 minutes. It is one of the screws that holds the micro switch to the gate on the left ramp.

The threads don’t catch on anything when I try to screw it back in. Other screw holding the switch is tight.

#2845 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There should be a small metal piece that both screws in the switch thread into.

Hmmm…. If you could post a pic next time you are at your game that would be super helpful. I don’t have a metal piece opposite the screw heads there now and the manual doesn’t show me that angle of the assembly. The remaining screw remains tight so I was thinking the threads catch on the bracket itself.

Now you’ll have me searching around the playfield looking for a metal piece

#2865 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Left ramp? Ramp switch bracket is threaded
[quoted image]

Perfect thanks. That’s what I have. I emailed stern for a new bracket

#3313 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd also like a callout for the various mystery awards from the radio targets. Often it's too hectic to look up and see what you got before it disappears from the screen.

Fully agree here. Those radio targets create chaos and it’s too risky to look up at the screen to view the award

1 week later
#4265 11 months ago

I added little rubbers to the bare posts on the outlanes. I almost feel the right out lane plays tougher now as for me, it’s a bit more difficult to nudge a ball out of there. Anyone else experiment with this and feel similar?

2 months later
#7171 8 months ago

Why not just take the glass off and manually roll the ball over the inserts while holding your phone in the other hand? Keep it simple

1 week later
#7444 8 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Never said it was a problem, was just stating my personal preferences. I guess I hit a nerve somewhere.

I assume you still play with factory black rubbers. No titans for you

4 weeks later
#8178 7 months ago

I might be on the other side of the fence. I liked having certain songs be specific for only the modes.

#8306 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Now code is step in the right direction. Here are some things I noticed we still need:
Narration for:
Seattle
Los Angeles
New York
Roswell
Chicago
Combotron Multiball
Wishlist: ?
What are the some things besides the known rules structure you want in the game? Thinking what Tanio did with Deadpool (level 2 modes after first set is complete, etc)

I’d like there to be a better way of showing progress of already played modes during the city select screen. The health bars aren’t doing it for me. For instance, maybe show 7 out of 10 shots or something like that.

I also do not know what the number represents next to the bar. Sometimes I see 50 and other times 70

3 weeks later
#8827 6 months ago

I just updated the code. Did they take callouts away? I feel like I am hearing less. Is it just me?

#8838 6 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I just purchased a foo premium and it has precision flippers on it. They look great and shoot really well. However, the don't drop catch nearly as well as the standard Stern flippers. Everything else is fine. I'll give it some time and then decide which way to go.

Are they the halos? I think those play closer to stock bats, but still, the timing is slightly different. Give it time you will get it. If you decide to sell them let me know

1 month later
#9538 4 months ago

Maybe a bug.

2 player games on the challenge mode are ending after player 1. Player 2 game never starts

#9588 4 months ago

For those that get to foo bot multiball, what is your strategy? Are you focusing on a certain bot part first and letting the rest happen as you progress through the game?

#9605 4 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For those that get to foo bot multiball, what is your strategy? Are you focusing on a certain bot part first and letting the rest happen as you progress through the game?

Well first game today I got to Foo Bot multiball! Just had a terrific game. Thanks for the tips!

IMG_1564 (resized).jpegIMG_1564 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9672 4 months ago

I don’t know what happened, but I feel my ability to get deeper in this game is better than ever these last 2 weeks. After never getting a combo Tron jackpot or foo bot mb, I’ve gotten to each quite a few times now.

Yesterday, I had all 3 overlord battles complete and was only a left ramp shot away from starting final battle. It’s like I’m finding all the shots all of a sudden. It’s kinda weird.

3 weeks later
#9965 3 months ago

You should delete your spoiler

3 weeks later
#10350 87 days ago

For under $250 you can upgrade your sound system and the quality will be much better than any package deals you buy online. Check out the DIY audio thread.

5.25” kickers, JBL subwoofer and a Fosi amp with a pinsound audio out adapter is all you need along with some speaker wire. Your game will be rockin!

#10393 84 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

I made a cheat sheet of that thread with some instructions : https://bit.ly/sternaudio
I still plan to get a pinwoofer at some point just to compare, and also because I’m sure they rock!

Thanks for sharing this. I also used the Fosi amp. The 5.25” kickers, JBL sub and Fosi amp is a huge upgrade in every way and it’s nice to spend a hell of a lot less than $400 and still achieve the sound you want

1 month later
#12001 39 days ago

Super happy with the update. Total game changer

1 week later
#12444 30 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We should start validating high scores and putting them into groups based on how big the training wheels were on the game to achieve those scores. Waxx will do all the data collection of course.
Best 1 ball game
Best 2 ball game
And so on through 10 ball
Best unlimited EB game
Best game with rubbers blocking the outlanes
Best game with star posts screwed into the playfield between the flippers.
Best stock game won’t count because who plays their game stock anyways?

It’s just pinball. Are we really that concerned with how People set up their game when they post a high score of __.?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=Mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.