9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (12 months ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (12 months ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (12 months ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (12 months ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#885 1 year ago

Is anyone having an issue where the optical spinner keeps triggering even in a resting state?

#888 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've not, but it sounds like a loose connection to the opto OR more likely a mis-adjusted opto that is triggering from the vibration of the game.

Yeah, I’m going to dig in. Just wanted to see if it was common. I’ll let everyone know.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I’m going to dig in. Just wanted to see if it was common. I’ll let everyone know.

So, I had to literally bend the spinner bracket back away from the opto a bit. It was triggering in the most micro of movements.

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

Anyone who happened to order an LE directly from Stern through All Access receive a shipping email notification yet? I'm just curious how they communicate when delivery will happen. This is one of those things I'll need someone to be home for.

I ordered from them and have heard nothing. I got nervous and emailed just to confirm they had it. They immediately responded and said they had my order, but nothing else.

2 weeks later
#2534 11 months ago

After a week with my LE I can confirm a few things mentioned on this thread.

- Inserts are raised. I don’t have any other stern with inserts this high off the playfield.
- Coil stops are not screwed in. I had mine fall out and I didn’t realize the coil was dangling, ended up in a huge spark when it grounded against the lockdown bar. Luckily no damage.

Also, I noticed something pretty cool. There is an inset under the left flipper for Dave’s “overdrive petal” which flashes when you use overdrive.

#2579 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

With these issues, what’s your serial number? Mines 433

I think I am like 154. I am pretty sure that doesn’t indicate the build date. I got mine directly from Stern which is a first for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2688 11 months ago
Quoted from metalmike28:

Did you find a fix for this?

Yeah, it is lame but basically grab the bracket with your hands and bend it backwards. On my pro, I had to give it a solid 3mm. On the LE I had to do nothing.

#2689 11 months ago
Quoted from metalmike28:

I see you found a fix, could you post a pic, or maybe be more specific so I can see how to adjust it?
Thank you.

I can grab a picture tomorrow at my tournament.

1 week later
#3341 11 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I also mylar'd the shooter and a few other areas (I don't use the thick mylar with the perm adhesive so it's no big deal for me)

There is non-permanent Mylar? Could you link me to this?

#3383 11 months ago

Yeah, all great responses! I personally would have never called those Mylar solutions non-permanent, but I’ve absolutely been able to remove Mylar with freeze spray. The challenge I have had is the residue after the fact. Perhaps some of these other one have less residue than the older one I have.

#3711 11 months ago

Anyone having this problem an awful lot? I have raised and lowered the drops but I’m not finding a spot which isn’t a trap.

IMG_2010 (resized).jpegIMG_2010 (resized).jpeg
#3713 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try the target paddle adjustment. There's a TECH:PLAYFIELD entry in the topic index.

Ahh, didn’t think about adjusting that! Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3963 11 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Some people want home leaderboards (meh). I would like to see IC used for something like this / a player handicapping system.

I have to admit, a player handicap would be really nice.

1 week later
#4539 10 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Having a Foo Fighters LE, you may want to look into NinjaCamp's Expressive Speaker Lights as your game would already have the correct speaker size and Expression Lighting from the factory to be ready to go with them.

Wow, thanks for the call out Doug! We really appreciate it and we love your awesome products as well!

#4610 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

You can find them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods

Looking forward to the same Full Kit for my LE, sounds like it may ship late this week!

Ty for linking.

I used to do some other stuff before pinball . Now this has become the primary focus for NinjaCamp. My partners at OutpostKodelia are the real hero’s though. They keep innovating while I pour my soul into my day job. :/

#4611 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

You would need to reach out to them to confirm but it seems clear from the ad that you need to have an expression light kit installed as it relies on the Node 2 board that is part of that kit to function. So it's something you could add AFTER you get an expression kit for your Prem.

This is spot on. You need the factory expression kit to drive the speaker lights.

1 week later
#4982 10 months ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Can you tell me exactly what you bent and how you did it? The constant spinner sound is driving me nuts. TIA!

All I did was to grab the top of the spinner bracket and bend it backwards a little bit. If you do a tiny bit at a time you can ensure that you won’t over stress or break it.

IMG_1942 (resized).jpegIMG_1942 (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#11183 49 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Great stuff, so glad you're enjoying it, and the pictures look great. Thanks for posting!

Replacements now en route, but have been giving this a lot of thought over the last few weeks and have come up with a new design that I think will remove a lot of the problems some people were having.
[quoted image]
Instead of using the PCB as the flexible element to create contact, this design will use the pins themselves. It slides over the locking tab of the connector, and then uses the pins to create pressure against the contacts. Adding the connector over the top will then create additional pressure against those contacts.
These should be much easier to install and remove, and will also mean less chance of choosing the wrong holes when installing. Hopefully we'll be using this design on all future mods and future runs of the A51.

Nice! I really liked your logic on that connector but it was a bitch to install.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 210.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

8,999 (Firm)
$ 499.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.