PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 267.
#4801 10 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Foo is going to take a hit, probably down to three or four, judging by recent reviews. Personally, though I like Godzilla a ton, I like Foo better, but I also am saying this completely as a fairly beginner location player. After I take delivery on my Foo, and get at least a few months under my belt (and hopefully eventually get a Godzilla too), we'll see if I still like FF better.
I like the fact that JP is in the top 10. It's a brutal game, and brutal games tend to get hammered in rankings in most communities, even if they're very well made. I like how pinside likes JP for what it is and recognize how well it is made. I want to get that game too, eventually (though I might pick up a TMNT first, since they're cheaper xD)

I'm not sure it's really able to justify top spot without finished code. It's amazing for sure (i'm LOVING mine) but GZ is more complete at the moment but Foo has the potential.. Foo sure.

JP is a funny one for me. I've only played about 20 games so far on location (well set up) and I HATE it at the moment...but thaty's because I'm bad at it and can't make the shots. So i wont comment until I've tried a bit more. However, I didn't want to keep playing (unlike Foo where I'm 200+ plays in within a week... so, yeah I still suck but I'm having fun and getting better)

#4802 10 months ago

So anyone attend the talk with the Foo team at NW Pinball show? Did they talk code updates? Any juicy info?

#4803 10 months ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

I'm not sure it's really able to justify top spot without finished code. It's amazing for sure (i'm LOVING mine) but GZ is more complete at the moment but Foo has the potential.. Foo sure.
JP is a funny one for me. I've only played about 20 games so far on location (well set up) and I HATE it at the moment...but thaty's because I'm bad at it and can't make the shots. So i wont comment until I've tried a bit more. However, I didn't want to keep playing (unlike Foo where I'm 200+ plays in within a week... so, yeah I still suck but I'm having fun and getting better)

I hope to play a Foo soon. Maybe next weekend.

JP is funny to me. I miss a lot and I don't care! It seems almost perfect at matching tension and 'no worries I'll just try again!'. So far it never gets frustrating for me. And even if it only happens rarely when you nail a multiple ramp combo it's just really rewarding. I love Elwin vertical 180 ramps that have to be hit cleanly.

#4804 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Probably not specific issue for this game, but on my news FF LE, the left flipper button has a bit of friction, like it is getting caught when pressed nearer to an edge. Is there a fix for this, or should I request a new one?[quoted image]

Mine went away after the first few hundred games.

#4805 10 months ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

The unfinished code when rating games thing is an interesting one to me.

Having only played a couple dozen games on location, I personally haven't seen the limits of the code yet. I've gotten to Austin like once and never both Austin & DC in the same game, let alone the foobot or where I would qualify for the Overloard. So, TO ME, the code is complete enough. I'm going to rank it higher because of that because I'm not noticing the limitations.

Now, a much better player, or a person with the game at home, is going to be hitting that ceiling and they're going to rank it lower. That also makes sense.

Personally, I don't think it makes sense to vote a game lower just because there's a limitation that I haven't hit yet. If the unfinished code is hard to reach, that's good planning on the teams part in my mind. If people just rate on what they experience, that unfinished code will get baked into the score with different ratings from the two groups.

Side note, I also think people should update their scores, both up and down, if their opinions change or they experience new things in the game. I know people rarely do, but I think it does keep things more accurate as code updates are pushed out or if a game takes a while to "click".

#4806 10 months ago

with most games you either love them or hate them quite early on and your view typically doesn't change.

There are a few exceptions. The Walking Dead and Batman 66 are two examples were folks hated the game but the code improvements made big changes. I doubt anything new in foo will make folks like it or hate it more.

#4807 10 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

So anyone attend the talk with the Foo team at NW Pinball show? Did they talk code updates? Any juicy info?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1836810671

Starts around 4:45

#4808 10 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Anyone else think there will be a code update to coincide with the release of the new album tomorrow? Perhaps the addition of some new labels on those tapes to the right?

RayDay playing at IFPA WC and EPC last week so not likely!

#4809 10 months ago

Which color plastic protectors look best in the LE? Thanks!

#4811 10 months ago

I streamed unboxing and play last week..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1834212115

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1834266412

fantastic game - tough - got mine jacked all the way up.

#4812 10 months ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Finally took delivery of my game yesterday. Happily it was worth the wait (family love it too). Initial impressions
- Found it plays best for me ay 6.8 degrees, Kicker hits most of the time (but not all), auto plunge is consistent, right ramp is hard but "fine"
- I've got a PDU with the 52 date code... no clicking (yet) over 10 or so power cycles (note, i'm in a 240V country so if it's related to in rush Amperage i have 13A 240V by default)
- Flow is amazing, ball path is super fun
- Targets are brutal.... Like the risk reward
- Was delivered with .90 code and played a few games before updating. Can clearly hear the progression in adding call outs when played back to back. I have confidence it'll come together.
- Stock speakers SUCK.....
- Looks like I ave the "thin" plastics on the van ramp.... "yay"
Really loving the actual game so far though. First real pin and I'm glad I chose this one, feels like it is gonna have legs...

you should ping Colywobbles he is doing replacement ramp plastics - he did some for my AIQ Premium that's at PinballRepublic that are top notch.

#4813 10 months ago

Just upgraded my pro speakers. Put in the speaker light kit and some kenwoods. I went with the deluxe 5.25 upgrade kit. Got the plastic neon speaker surrounds. It was cheap. Sounds great and looks sweet! One of the cheapest and best looking mods for a pin in my opinion. Haven’t landed on a favorite color/pattern yet. Too much to choose from!

IMG_7027 (resized).jpegIMG_7027 (resized).jpegIMG_7028 (resized).jpegIMG_7028 (resized).jpegIMG_7030 (resized).jpegIMG_7030 (resized).jpeg
#4814 10 months ago

The Foo's just announced some dates in Australia/New Zealand in Dec 2023 Jan 2024! Hopefully I will have my game by then!

#4815 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Which color plastic protectors look best in the LE? Thanks!

GameRoom Mods fluorescent green
B4CFB42D-885A-4017-94FA-036A93F60DB7 (resized).jpegB4CFB42D-885A-4017-94FA-036A93F60DB7 (resized).jpeg

DB59A9B8-AF8A-4447-A299-10BFE0DF16C2 (resized).jpegDB59A9B8-AF8A-4447-A299-10BFE0DF16C2 (resized).jpeg06F556F6-EE37-4282-9C94-882BCD97BFA8 (resized).jpeg06F556F6-EE37-4282-9C94-882BCD97BFA8 (resized).jpeg I would also add Lermods lights under the right side plastic near the upper flipper.

#4816 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Probably not specific issue for this game, but on my news FF LE, the left flipper button has a bit of friction, like it is getting caught when pressed nearer to an edge. Is there a fix for this, or should I request a new one?[quoted image]

#4817 10 months ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Just upgraded my pro speakers. Put in the speaker light kit and some kenwoods. I went with the deluxe 5.25 upgrade kit. Got the plastic neon speaker surrounds. It was cheap. Sounds great and looks sweet! One of the cheapest and best looking mods for a pin in my opinion. Haven’t landed on a favorite color/pattern yet. Too much to choose from!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the pinball life $99 kit or something else?

#4818 10 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Is the pinball life $99 kit or something else?

No I ordered through speaker light kits. Got
The kenwoods off Amazon. Pinball life is a good deal but I don’t think you can pick the speaker plastic surround color and the lights are way better from speaker kits. They are diffused and smoother.

#4819 10 months ago

No I ordered through speaker light kits. Got
The kenwoods off Amazon. Pinball life is a good deal but I don’t think you can pick the speaker plastic surround color and the lights are way better from speaker kits. They are diffused and smoother.

Speakerlightkits is the way to go for these, agreed.

#4820 10 months ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sweet. You have a link or links where you bought everything. I have a Pro on order so going to take a few months to get it. I was going to go with a PinWoofer setup but after seeing your pictures I may reconsider.

#4821 10 months ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Dude GZ took the top spot day ONE also! No one had to justify for GZ with Bata code. Just saying.

#4822 10 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

That looks sweet. You have a link or links where you bought everything. I have a Pro on order so going to take a few months to get it. I was going to go with a PinWoofer setup but after seeing your pictures I may reconsider.

Get the plate/speaker combo kit for the larger speakers. $100. Pick the acrylic surround you like. I went with neon. Looks sweet. You can also get a plastic that goes behind the small logo.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html

Grab a set of these kenwoods and you’re all set. Easy to install.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SFC3P9

IMG_7031.jpegIMG_7031.jpeg
#4823 10 months ago

Get the plate/speaker combo kit for the larger speakers. $100. Pick the acrylic surround you like. I went with neon. Looks sweet. You can also get a plastic that goes behind the small logo.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
Grab a set of these kenwoods and you’re all set. Easy to install.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Is the $45 one or two speakers?

#4824 10 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Is the $45 one or two speakers?

It includes both speakers for $45. You get a set.

#4825 10 months ago

Had to pull the glass to fix this. Anyone else get the ball jammed here? May have been a one in a million shot!

43147921-F53E-49C2-9B2E-976977572D89 (resized).jpeg43147921-F53E-49C2-9B2E-976977572D89 (resized).jpeg45852BB9-80FC-4729-8109-4E6AD5D44017 (resized).jpeg45852BB9-80FC-4729-8109-4E6AD5D44017 (resized).jpeg
#4826 10 months ago

Spent a few hours doing Foo upgrades today. Yellow Armor, Yellow T-Moulding, Upgraded Speakers with Yellow Surrounds, Upgraded Subwoofer, Amplifier, GITD Titans, Precision Flippers. Game L@@KS nice!

IMG_1052 (resized).jpegIMG_1052 (resized).jpegIMG_1053 (resized).jpegIMG_1053 (resized).jpegIMG_1054 (resized).jpegIMG_1054 (resized).jpegIMG_1055 (resized).jpegIMG_1055 (resized).jpegIMG_1056 (resized).jpegIMG_1056 (resized).jpegIMG_1057 (resized).jpegIMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
#4827 10 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Spent a few hours doing Foo upgrades today. Yellow Armor, Yellow T-Moulding, Upgraded Speakers with Yellow Surrounds, Upgraded Subwoofer, Amplifier, GITD Titans, Precision Flippers. Game L@@KS nice!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks real nice in yellow .Great job

#4828 10 months ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I didn’t realize the color schemes were so close but reminds me of a game I had built many years ago that is near and dear to my heart…

IMG_4922 (resized).jpegIMG_4922 (resized).jpeg
#4829 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Had to pull the glass to fix this. Anyone else get the ball jammed here? May have been a one in a million shot!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like you're the third or fourth person I've seen post this same trap.

#4830 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Upgrade is in[quoted image]

This pin in LE form is an absolute thing of beauty. When it is all lit up, the playfield, Expression lights and blades is like a Southwestern Acid Trip.

#4831 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Seems like you're the third or fourth person I've seen post this same trap.

Ah ok. First time it’s happening to me.

#4832 10 months ago

looks real nice - how difficult is the edging - a bit nervous as did not want to damage anything...

any tips ?

#4833 10 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks real nice - how difficult is the edging - a bit nervous as did not want to damage anything...
any tips ?

Swapping the T-moulding out is a 5-10 minute job. It's insanely easy, on corners just cut a little of the interior side off so it bends easier if you look at the factory T moulding you will see what I mean.
PXL_20230509_164346195 (resized).jpgPXL_20230509_164346195 (resized).jpg

#4834 10 months ago

So our family now owns our first pin as an early Father's Day present, and we've had a great day on our new Pro.

We had ordered one for delivery in a couple of months from willbr3 at Old Town Pinball, but got a call a week ago that he had a nearly new one ready to go immediately if we were interested. The first owner put Titan rubbers and yellow armor on it already too.

Will delivered it today (a Sunday) personally and gave me a great walkthrough as a first time owner. He's been great to work with.

I ordered some yellow t-molding to complete the look and have a 3D Overlord sculpt on order, so it's going to be even more gorgeous very soon.

So excited to be in this hobby and learning this new pin alongside this community and, in particular, my two kids (9 and 11, both of whom are already better than me). Thanks for all of the advice thus far!

IMG_2347 (resized).jpegIMG_2347 (resized).jpeg
#4835 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyInJax:

So our family now owns our first pin as an early Father's Day present, and we've had a great day on our new Pro.
We had ordered one for delivery in a couple of months from willbr3 at Old Town Pinball, but got a call a week ago that he had a nearly new one ready to go immediately if we were interested. The first owner put Titan rubbers and yellow armor on it already too.
Will delivered it today (a Sunday) personally and gave me a great walkthrough as a first time owner. He's been great to work with.
I ordered some yellow t-molding to complete the look and have a 3D Overlord sculpt on order, so it's going to be even more gorgeous very soon.
So excited to be in this hobby and learning this new pin alongside this community and, in particular, my two kids (9 and 11, both of whom are already better than me). Thanks for all of the advice thus far!
[quoted image]

Awesome, congratulations!

#4836 10 months ago

Wow 2 yellow foos within a few hours of each other. Looks good guys congrats!

#4837 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Surprisingly had one today there for the first time. During an amazing game. Put up over a billion and finished every city

#4838 10 months ago

DeadFlip
The game manual for Foo Fighter on page 8 has the foo bot part left and right arm flipped. The rest of the row is fine. Just the bot parts that is incorrect.

IMG_1481 (resized).jpegIMG_1481 (resized).jpeg
#4839 10 months ago

Okay I’m ready for a software update. I beat all the cities, plus 3 cities twice. 2 Area 51 multiballs. All my life and monkey wrench multiballs, foo bot multiball. In my last game.

#4840 10 months ago

Got my FF topper from "Signageman" off Etsy installed last night.
Looks pretty good, especially for the price.
I'm a topper guy, so I'm sure I'll get the official Stern FOO topper.
(Whatever year they release it; still waiting on my Rush topper.)
I'll just hang this one on the wall when that day comes.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg
#4841 10 months ago
Quoted from dabear007:

I'll just hang this one on the wall when that day comes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I used one of his signs for Godzilla. They're definitely cool.

PXL_20230604_174609574 (resized).jpgPXL_20230604_174609574 (resized).jpg
#4842 10 months ago
Quoted from dabear007:

I'll just hang this one on the wall when that day comes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from AMartin56:

I used one of his signs for Godzilla. They're definitely cool.
[quoted image]

Looking good, guys. He's making me a set of three, the two you have (GZ, FF) and a Bond that we're finalizing the design for now.

#4843 10 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Okay I’m ready for a software update. I beat all the cities, plus 3 cities twice. 2 Area 51 multiballs. All my life and monkey wrench multiballs, foo bot multiball. In my last game.

Me too, hope that there will be coming a lot more.

#4844 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Looking good, guys. He's making me a set of three, the two you have (GZ, FF) and a Bond that we're finalizing the design for now.

I asked him for a JP with a flat base like the Foo shown and also a similar DP..

#4845 10 months ago
Quoted from dabear007:

Looks great! Waiting on mine to ship.

#4846 10 months ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

People are on a sugar new game high and rating the game based on the flow, freshness and speed. I get it. Is it actually better then GZ, maybe but I'm not seeing that yet.

It may very well stay at #1 but TBD.

#4847 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

People are on a sugar new game high and rating the game based on the flow, freshness and speed. I get it. Is it actually better then GZ, maybe but I'm not seeing that yet.
It may very well stay at #1 but TBD.

I agree. The layout is unique and fun to play but where it ends up will depend on code, especially callouts and creating a feeling like you're playing through the story when you're in a mode.

Right now the callouts are a very mellow roadie and a mildly annoyed Overlord. You can feel that there's a lot of space in the game for a lot more callouts coming, so I'm guessing they're on the way. I'm hoping they'll amp up the attitude of the characters a bit in the callouts.

I'm pretty sure I recall Jack saying a lot more callouts are on the way. And I thought I read or heard that one of the notes they got from the band was to include more swearing in the callouts, so I'm confident/hopeful that there's a lot of good stuff on the way.

#4848 10 months ago

The layout is terrific, but it is currently lacking soul for me. After the newness wore off, it is super fun to shoot but not satisfying. I think the code could help with that.

#4849 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The layout is terrific, but it is currently lacking soul for me. After the newness wore off, it is super fun to shoot but not satisfying. I think the code could help with that.

Agreed this is the earliest in code I’ve ever owned a game so probably should be expected but lack of “moments” seems to be lacking. Hopefully for an update soon, excited to see what they add

#4850 10 months ago

My biggest nitpick for the game is the animations are fantastic, but seldom does the game give you a chance to watch them. Would be a good system 11 game. If they let the ball park just a bit more to take the animations in, that would be neat... but would also ruin the flow. So I'm not really sure what the answer is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.