PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 267.
#4751 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're getting a thunking, it could be like on Iron Maiden where the coil is so close to the cabinet wall on the playfield that it makes a kind of echo when the flipper hits the rubber pad on the bracket. Can't check that for a while, but it seems most likely given where the mech is placed if it's not the coil stop or coil sleeve.
Thanks for the well-wishes. Getting a bit more mobile again every day. Should be able to ship pinmonk orders again early next week.

I hope Your recovery Goes well.Thanks for all the helpful information across multiple threads.

#4752 10 months ago

New click record last night. 36 clicks before it stopped. May 3 build LE

#4753 10 months ago

Same here - still waiting for Premium- it was a day one order- hopefully soon

#4754 10 months ago

I'm sorry so many of you are getting clicks or whatever. Is this something new that started? Mine doest do it at all and I haven't heard about this on machines up till this point.

#4755 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm sorry so many of you are getting clicks or whatever. Is this something new that started? Mine doest do it at all and I haven't heard about this on machines up till this point.

Just curious, how many of the clicks crew folks have resulted in a failed condition? Or does it eventually boot?

#4756 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just curious, how many of the clicks crew folks have resulted in a failed condition? Or does it eventually boot?

It clicks while the game is booting up. Mine does one or two clicks but I had to have all the noise in the room off and had to really listen for it. Game play is normal on mine.

#4757 10 months ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

It clicks while the game is booting up. Mine does one or two clicks but I had to have all the noise in the room off and had to really listen for it. Game play is normal on mine.

One click is pretty normal. Maybe even two. The number of people getting high single digit and double digit clicks at boot (some to the point of crashing and not booting occasionally) is not normal.

#4758 10 months ago

Mine is a very early run Premium (was a show game at TPF) and I’ve never heard a click, ever. Must have changed components or something for the production run.

#4759 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I've only seen a couple reports of clicking past 50 and failing to boot. Most eventually boot, but it takes a little to a lot longer than it should.

#4760 10 months ago

Has anyone with the suspect power board had freezes and reboots? I have swapped for another one and no clicking and game seemed solid.

#4761 10 months ago
Quoted from chadderack:

While we're dreaming, "No Way Back" from In Your Honour too.

Yea, that would be another good addition for the next update!

#4762 10 months ago

What happens when 10 lightning bolts are collected ? I understand the rules with the ramps ,and know I have been collecting when both ramps are lit , I’m just looking if anyone knows if the game announces it with a callout or what happens to let you know it’s starting .When I get a good game going ,I am locked in and focused straight at the flippers haha. It’s starting to slow down a tad and hope it does a little more so I can start getting an occasional blowup .My best games have been in the 350-475 range and looking to get over this hump .I’ve recently started bringing the van mods in more and more ,I try to bring Area 51 into a mode/mb combo but just read about spreading it out some ,building the rock o meter , collecting bolts , on and on I’m thinking faster and have most the rules down , Im hitting shots , I’m nudging well but just can’t break free !! Help !!!! haha

#4763 10 months ago

Here's a horror story that just happened to me:
So I'm playing trying to get to 1 billion for the first time like always. I am on ball 3, just finished up my first 3 cities and I hear my wife yelling from upstairs. I have the van lit and I'm ready to hit the left ramp and enter Austin mini wizard mode. I get the ball trapped and hold it there so I can yell back to my wife to see what she wanted. She yells at me to turn it down a bit. I think ok, I got this held, I am good. I then open the coin door to turn down the volume a couple notches...you know, for my LOVING, CARING, WIFE - and I forget that that causes the ball to drain.

So there I am watching my last ball drain and looking up at my 760 million score...knowing that I was going to be able to complete Austin and FINALLY join the billion club.

Now...if anyone has any suggestions of ways I can annoy my wife for the rest of the day, I am all ears.

#4764 10 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

So I'm playing trying to get to 1 billion for the first time like always. I am on ball 3, just finished up my first 3 cities and I hear my wife yelling from upstairs. I have the van lit and I'm ready to hit the left ramp and enter Austin mini wizard mode. I get the ball trapped and hold it there so I can yell back to my wife to see what she wanted. She yells at me to turn it down a bit. I think ok, I got this held, I am good. I then open the coin door to turn down the volume a couple notches...you, for my LOVING, CARING, WIFE - and I forget that that causes the ball to drain.
So there I am watching my last ball drain and looking up at my 760 million score...knowing that I was going to be able to complete Austin and FINALLY join the billion club.
Now...if anyone has any suggestions of ways I can annoy my wife for the rest of the day, I am all ears.

Need to put that coin door ball saver on in settings

#4765 10 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

So I'm playing trying to get to 1 billion for the first time like always. I am on ball 3, just finished up my first 3 cities and I hear my wife yelling from upstairs. I have the van lit and I'm ready to hit the left ramp and enter Austin mini wizard mode. I get the ball trapped and hold it there so I can yell back to my wife to see what she wanted. She yells at me to turn it down a bit. I think ok, I got this held, I am good. I then open the coin door to turn down the volume a couple notches...you know, for my LOVING, CARING, WIFE - and I forget that that causes the ball to drain.

I’d like to tell you what I did about “turn it down “ interruption here but I’ll keep to myself Haha ,it’s always at the worst time and I’m thinking about exterior volume settings because of it .Does anyone have them and are they good on the fly ?

#4766 10 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

What does that do ?

#4767 10 months ago

Wife is out tonight and wish I had Pinwoofer I would love them but do not get too many opportunities to go balls out until I have to spray insulation truck come by .I couldn’t fit the bats inside the way I built my ceiling so I’m going to have to spray in .I built trimmed bays and cut drywall tiles .Came out pretty nice .Cheap but time consuming that’s all

IMG_6010 (resized).pngIMG_6010 (resized).png
#4768 10 months ago

I want it stuffed like a turkey .

#4769 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What does that do ?

So it would've put the ball back into play! I put it on all my games for a nightmare situation just like that..lol

#4770 10 months ago

I’m Motor Boating today ! F Yeah !! What a fricking rush !!!!!!! I walked away from a ball coming back from the OL on ball one kicking and screaming like a baby when failing to nudge out from the righ outlane ,but regrouped and had LA/A51/BF all going at the end on my last extra ball .It was one of those insane MBs where I locked in on the flippers and never looked up .It was a out of body experience hearing the pin blow up and looked like a lightning storm exploding all around me .Seems most balls were coming back on the flippers so I had the shots dialed in blind .Now this !!!!!…….is Fucking Pinball !!!!!!!!!!!! I need a drink

IMG_6443 (resized).pngIMG_6443 (resized).pngIMG_6444 (resized).pngIMG_6444 (resized).pngIMG_6445 (resized).pngIMG_6445 (resized).pngIMG_6446 (resized).pngIMG_6446 (resized).png
#4771 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What does that do ?

Turns on ball save when you open the coin door.

#4772 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m thinking about exterior volume settings because of it .Does anyone have them and are they good on the fly ?

Yes, I've got the PRmods that goes into the tournament plug just below the start button. I like it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1430-pr-mods/07205-stern-pinball-cabinet-volume-switch-for-spike2-games

#4773 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Turns on ball save when you open the coin door.

Thanks CW Such a good feeling getting a good game in early .Have my nieces fiancé over soon .He’s upset I sold DP and told him “I got you covered “

#4774 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes, I've got the PRmods that goes into the tournament plug just below the start button. I like it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1430-pr-mods/07205-stern-pinball-cabinet-volume-switch-for-spike2-games

Thank you . Might wait to see how good the insulation does with muting the noise upstairs but still might put this on the “must” list going forward with the option of changing up on the fly .

#4775 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What happens when 10 lightning bolts are collected ? I understand the rules with the ramps ,and know I have been collecting when both ramps are lit , I’m just looking if anyone knows if the game announces it with a callout or what happens to let you know it’s starting .When I get a good game going ,I am locked in and focused straight at the flippers haha. It’s starting to slow down a tad and hope it does a little more so I can start getting an occasional blowup .My best games have been in the 350-475 range and looking to get over this hump .I’ve recently started bringing the van mods in more and more ,I try to bring Area 51 into a mode/mb combo but just read about spreading it out some ,building the rock o meter , collecting bolts , on and on I’m thinking faster and have most the rules down , Im hitting shots , I’m nudging well but just can’t break free !! Help !!!! haha

10 Lightning hits starts a lightning mode where those shots are worth more. I haven’t noticed a callout or sound when it starts.

Definitely hoping there will be a callouts when both this and Sonic Radio modes start.

#4776 10 months ago

Probably not specific issue for this game, but on my news FF LE, the left flipper button has a bit of friction, like it is getting caught when pressed nearer to an edge. Is there a fix for this, or should I request a new one?

19F6984A-7646-4ED3-AD2D-4457652A3062.gif19F6984A-7646-4ED3-AD2D-4457652A3062.gif
#4777 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Probably not specific issue for this game, but on my news FF LE, the left flipper button has a bit of friction, like it is getting caught when pressed nearer to an edge. Is there a fix for this, or should I request a new one?[quoted image]

Pull the c clip and sand the shaft, 5 minute fix

#4778 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Probably not specific issue for this game, but on my news FF LE, the left flipper button has a bit of friction, like it is getting caught when pressed nearer to an edge. Is there a fix for this, or should I request a new one?[quoted image]

Mine is the same. I haven't wanted to open it up to pull out the button and sand the little "lump" that is causing that...

#4779 10 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

You could give her a wink and a how u doing

#4780 10 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Your still breathing so that’s a start lol

#4781 10 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Mine is the same. I haven't wanted to open it up to pull out the button and sand the little "lump" that is causing that...

Cmon it's easy . Clip comes off, about 10 seconds with fine grit sandpaper. Me, with ocd ,I did final sanding vertically so and ridges will be up and down, not circular

#4782 10 months ago

The power on clicking issue is a problem with the power supply.
I didn’t know until now that this was a common problem.
Happened on my Bond and I had a spare power supply, swapped it. Problem went away.
Threw the bad power supply away and didn’t think twice about it.

#4783 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

This question has been asked for years and years across all platforms and all walks of life. I'm sorta surprised confetti didn't fall from the ceiling when you made it as it is most likely the 1000th time this question has come up.

Take the button out, sand down the offending plastic part making it rough to push, then enjoy.

#4784 10 months ago

I’m really digging Chicago lately .It’s light show is pretty cool as is ,and I’m digging how much action is needed up top. Perfect mode (imo) for bringing in A51 and a MB for a long ,successful mode .

#4785 10 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

The power on clicking issue is a problem with the power supply.
I didn’t know until now that this was a common problem.
Happened on my Bond and I had a spare power supply, swapped it. Problem went away.
Threw the bad power supply away and didn’t think twice about it.

No. It's not. Not in this case. MAYBE the power supply was an issue with your machine, but in this case with the widespread Foo Fighters clicking, it's been narrowed down to the PDB.

You can take a PDB from a clicking machine and put it in a non-Foo machine that has worked fine (no power supply clicking) and the power supply in that machine will usually also start clicking. The clicking is coming FROM the power supply, but the PDB is causing the behavior. I've confirmed this myself. I have three PDBs now (two of which are brand new, just bought), including one of the week 52 ones that commonly have issues. That board causes power supplies to click in machines that formerly had no issues.

It's something about the PDBs from that time period. Once I've recovered from surgery a bit more next week, I can get back on it. I have 3 PDBs, new caps, new inductors, and an LCR-600 on hand to test both the caps and inductors to see if it points out issues with the actual parts. I'll get to the bottom of it. There's definitely a problem and I'm fairly certain it's not in the power supply.

#4786 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What inductor is on your replacement board? Terry had a bunch of 52nd week 2021 and a few 20th week 2021.
Also what is the lot code stamped into the plastic cap on top of your 3 capacitors?
I have new capacitors and inductors coming so they're here once I'm a bit more mobile and can check them with the LCR meter and replace the components I assume will test badly. I had surgery this week and have been down recovering. I should be more up to speed over the weekend and into next week, but I can't go too crazy. If people want to post pictures of the lot code stamp on the capacitors of the PDBs of theirs that are clicking, that would be helpful also. You need to take the picture lit a bit off-angle since the embossing is just a stamp in the plastic, not printing, so it's black on black.

As requested, a pic of my clicking PDB with the caps. Code on the caps is 2245P.

084E277A-3EAD-4539-951F-7F677EC116FE (resized).jpeg084E277A-3EAD-4539-951F-7F677EC116FE (resized).jpeg
#4787 10 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I wish we got door interlock switches here in Australia

Such a great feature

Is it possible to add easily ?
Any threads for this ?

#4788 10 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

External volume. Two options.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0062-00

Or

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

#4789 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No. It's not. Not in this case. MAYBE the power supply was an issue with your machine, but in this case with the widespread Foo Fighters clicking, it's been narrowed down to the PDB.
You can take a PDB from a clicking machine and put it in a non-Foo machine that has worked fine (no power supply clicking) and the power supply in that machine will usually also start clicking. The clicking is coming FROM the power supply, but the PDB is causing the behavior. I've confirmed this myself. I have three PDBs now (two of which are brand new, just bought), including one of the week 52 ones that commonly have issues. That board causes power supplies to click in machines that formerly had no issues.
It's something about the PDBs from that time period. Once I've recovered from surgery a bit more next week, I can get back on it. I have 3 PDBs, new caps, new inductors, and an LCR-600 on hand to test both the caps and inductors to see if it points out issues with the actual parts. I'll get to the bottom of it. There's definitely a problem and I'm fairly certain it's not in the power supply.

Roger that, power supply fixed it for me. So who knows. Maybe it was a different issue in my Bond. But it was similar, power on and click click click for a while then boot. Swapped Power Supply, issue went away. Maybe it was an issue with the combination of the power supply and PDB that I had.

#4790 10 months ago

Looks like Foo LE ratings have posted. Foo has a pretty good lead over the lizard.

IMG_3033 (resized).jpegIMG_3033 (resized).jpeg
#4791 10 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Looks like Foo LE ratings have posted. Foo has a pretty good lead over the lizard.
[quoted image]

Doesn't this get updated weekly, in like 15 hours or so?

#4792 10 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Doesn't this get updated weekly, in like 15 hours or so?

Yep, you are right. Let’s see how Foo fares the next cycle. Still not sure why JP is in the top 10.

#4794 10 months ago

The pinwoofer one is nice because it has a switch you can disable it with. Stops kids from making changes while playing

#4795 10 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Still not sure why JP is in the top 10.

Is it because it's a ridiculously bad ass game? With great flow and rewarding shots?

#4796 10 months ago

Upgrade is in

20230603_213040 (resized).jpg20230603_213040 (resized).jpg
#4797 10 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Yep, you are right. Let’s see how Foo fares the next cycle. Still not sure why JP is in the top 10.

You.... what. Game is incredible.

#4798 10 months ago

Anyone have an ideas why my expression lights on LE are not lighting? Check all connections look good. Default setting in menu. Node board tests are good. No tech errors. Not sure they did work when received but noticed today not working.

No mods just stock game.

#4799 10 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Foo is going to take a hit, probably down to three or four, judging by recent reviews. Personally, though I like Godzilla a ton, I like Foo better, but I also am saying this completely as a fairly beginner location player. After I take delivery on my Foo, and get at least a few months under my belt (and hopefully eventually get a Godzilla too), we'll see if I still like FF better.

I like the fact that JP is in the top 10. It's a brutal game, and brutal games tend to get hammered in rankings in most communities, even if they're very well made. I like how pinside likes JP for what it is and recognize how well it is made. I want to get that game too, eventually (though I might pick up a TMNT first, since they're cheaper xD)

#4800 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Upgrade is in[quoted image]

Foo green is sooo niice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.