PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 267.
#4701 10 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Pitch? Level? Wax? Location of flippers at rest...unlike most Sterns which arrive from factory with the tip of plastic bats on the dots...mine are actually the top of the plastic bats which droops the flippers slightly but makes the figure 8 orbit shot and ramp shots very clean and powerful.

Can you put up a pic? I'm dead centered, with precision flippers and can make the shot regularly, but I wouldn't mind it being better. Thx,,,

#4702 10 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I had some metal burs in a Chrysler 300c I bought new (when they were cool) and they buffed and repainted the panels under warranty. Nice thing after that the dealer told me that if I had a issue ever again with the paint it would be covered. Don’t settle as these cars are flipping expensive now.

Yeah, maybe they would, but to be honest, I'd much rather have a hair or speck in the paint than have a repaint. You might have much better body and paint guys where you live, but around here I can always spot the repaint. Color and texture are never the same. If I were that concerned, I'd look the car over to the extreme before buying it.

My Foo looks pretty good, the playfield paint isn't perfect, but it looks fine to me. It's shiny and the lines are pretty sharp. I've seen some pics here that put it into perspective and don't look nearly as good. I haven't inspected the whole thing though. There are probably some flaws in it that I haven't noticed. I have noticed that one plastic seems scratched up on the bottom.

PS, Chrysler 300c's were never cool.

#4703 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you put up a pic? I'm dead centered, with precision flippers and can make the shot regularly, but I wouldn't mind it being better. Thx,,,

I thought about adjusting them when I first got the machine but it plays beautifully at these settings so I figured they might have flopped them at the factory just slightly to make the outside shots a little better

The upper right flipper is centered on the dot

20230602_122606 (resized).jpg20230602_122606 (resized).jpg20230602_122620 (resized).jpg20230602_122620 (resized).jpg20230602_122704 (resized).jpg20230602_122704 (resized).jpg
#4704 10 months ago
Quoted from Wade: PS, Chrysler 300c's were never cool.

I was waiting for that

#4705 10 months ago

Sorry, dumb question. What is the rock-o-meter? The target that's in the same place as the pop bumper on Godzilla?

Hit the right orbit to advance the rock-o-meter??

#4706 10 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Sorry, dumb question. What is the rock-o-meter? The target that's in the same place as the pop bumper on Godzilla?
Hit the right orbit to advance the rock-o-meter??

it's indicated on the 3 inserts coming right out of the shooter lane. The solid shot to the right orbit will send it around through there for one insert, but any indirect shot that goes through there will count toward it. A short plunge skillshot to it will add one as well. Third insert starts 2x playfield for 40 seconds. Doing three of them again while that's running resets the timer and moves it to 3x playfield

#4707 10 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

it's indicated on the 3 inserts coming right out of the shooter lane. The solid shot to the right orbit will send it around through there for one insert, but any indirect shot that goes through there will count toward it. A short plunge skillshot to it will add one as well. Third insert starts 2x playfield for 40 seconds. Doing three of them again while that's running resets the timer and moves it to 3x playfield

Now that I look at pics more closely, I see that its labeled

Thank you!

#4708 10 months ago

I'm doing another run of my mods since people have been asking: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1519-foo-mods

I now added a limited run middle finger overlord to the mix as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4709 10 months ago

You should try a resin printer to take these up a notch in quality or reduce your layer thickness. The rough layer lines stand out quite a bit. I'd love an explicit version if the layers weren't noticeable

#4710 10 months ago

Just joined the club!

20230602_134952 (resized).jpg20230602_134952 (resized).jpg
#4711 10 months ago

"You should try a resin printer to take these up a notch in quality"

Had no complaints thus far. Take a look, this is the latest print quality. https://i.imgur.com/7XOWNqm.jpg See if it changes your mind. If not no big deal. Tha'ts at 6" away high rez photo. After 12" in real life it doesn't look 3d printed. Cheers.

#4712 10 months ago

Not that they’re actually shipping, but has anyone tried putting Rush EL’s in their FF Premium yet? Great success?

IMG_1046 (resized).jpegIMG_1046 (resized).jpeg

#4713 10 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Not that they’re actually shipping

Oh they definitely are.

#4714 10 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I'm doing another run of my mods since people have been asking: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1519-foo-mods
I now added a limited run middle finger overlord to the mix as well.[quoted image][quoted image]

I didn’t know the Overloard reproduced with his middle finger.

#4715 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Saw this badge on an LE, and wow, how cheap of a printed plague can Stern get? For a $13K machine, you think you could make a nice, sharp plaque to show off that you got "the best", "high end" version! Just look at the round areas, the outlines, etc. As cheap as you can get IMO. Zero pride.
Ya know, it's the little things... . But here we are....
[quoted image]

Agree, it's cheap, just look at the what are supposed to be straight lines (this is NOT a bad picture, that is indeed the plaque). But just like the crappy toppers, constant price increases, and continued decisions to use cheap parts (coil stops, etc), a good portion of the pinball crowd will continue to give Stern the golden pass and A) pay the prices, B) shut down the complainers, and C) ace like being cheap is OK. These are the people that have enabled Stern to continue in this manner for years. And we are so lucky to have Stern and their games! (I know, I know, how dare I even post this or take this stance).

But when you look at a Premium at $9699 and up your purchase price to $13,000... you'd think they could spend more than $3 on one of the very things that identifies it as that machine you paid $3300 for.

And I agree, the same people that say "just play the game and don't look at it" are probably the same ones that screamed bloody murder when pooling happened at one of their posts on their JJP and proclaimed that they'd never buy a JJP again.
Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 5.00.41 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-06-02 at 5.00.41 PM (resized).png

#4716 10 months ago

Was hoping songs like Big Me and Next Year would be in there somewhere (as I await my LE in UK), but acknowledging they are not the cliche FF music. But then you see this proving (a) young FF were awesome playing Big Me in this case (b) super early tribute to Taylor and his brilliant intro to this song and (c) Aussies remain mental. And (d) it would be great pinball music

#4717 10 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Agree, it's cheap, just look at the what are supposed to be straight lines (this is NOT a bad picture, that is indeed the plaque). But just like the crappy toppers, constant price increases, and continued decisions to use cheap parts (coil stops, etc), a good portion of the pinball crowd will continue to give Stern the golden pass and A) pay the prices, B) shut down the complainers, and C) ace like being cheap is OK. These are the people that have enabled Stern to continue in this manner for years. And we are so lucky to have Stern and their games! (I know, I know, how dare I even post this or take this stance).
But when you look at a Premium at $9699 and up your purchase price to $13,000... you'd think they could spend more than $3 on one of the very things that identifies it as that machine you paid $3300 for.
And I agree, the same people that say "just play the game and don't look at it" are probably the same ones that screamed bloody murder when pooling happened at one of their posts on their JJP and proclaimed that they'd never buy a JJP again.
[quoted image]

Here is mine and outside of the material it looks good. If you think it looks like shit let stern know and they will replace it for you.

IMG_3023 (resized).jpegIMG_3023 (resized).jpeg
#4718 10 months ago

This game is officially fun as hell and I've only had 1 beer!
beer-drinking.gifbeer-drinking.gif

#4719 10 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Was hoping songs like Big Me and Next Year would be in there somewhere (as I await my LE in UK), but acknowledging they are not the cliche FF music. But then you see this proving (a) young FF were awesome playing Big Me in this case (b) super early tribute to Taylor and his brilliant intro to this song and (c) Aussies remain mental. And (d) it would be great pinball music

Dave's been interviewed a few times talking about trying to get away from Big Me so that's not a huge surprise to me. He would get pelted by mentos every time they played it and after a decade+ of that he was done with it.

#4720 10 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

just like the crappy toppers, constant price increases, and continued decisions to use cheap parts (coil stops, etc), a good portion of the pinball crowd will continue to give Stern the golden pass and A) pay the prices, B) shut down the complainers, and C) ace like being cheap is OK. These are the people that have enabled Stern to continue in this manner for years. And we are so lucky to have Stern and their games! (I know, I know, how dare I even post this or take this stance).
[quoted image]

Here ya go
tumblr_ns0crqVi8T1qf5do9o1_500.giftumblr_ns0crqVi8T1qf5do9o1_500.gif

#4721 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Now that I'm putting up billions fairly consistently, and not even needing foobot to do it here is my main strategy. Goal number 1 when I start a game is to get a city lit as quick as possible. I like picking new orleans first, start hitting overlord and many of those shots will progress NO as well as get you ready for your first MB. Hopefully you can start the MB before you're too far into the city but if not, its OK to save it. When MB starts I'm really trying to hit those radio targets to add a ball, and get my bot awards. Finish the city and do the best you can on MB. Hopefully by now you at least have the right outlane lit and some progress toward the extra ball award. Now I am trying to get my extra ball lit, get whatever van mods I worked on after finishing the city, and getting the next city lit.
Once I am ready to go to the next city, I'm checking to see how close I am to bot frenzy. If its not too risky, I'll get bot frenzy lit as well. If I have bot frenzy lit and my city lit, I will go for NY next. Its extra cool if you can pull both of those off then start Area 51 MB. If you can do that you should have no trouble beating NY, and scoring well on bot frenzy. Those 2 modes stack nicely together as they both revolve around spinner shots.
If I'm not as close as I'd like to Bot frenzy, I'll start a city like LA instead. Especially if I'm having one of those games where I'm dialed in hitting my shots then LA is always the second choice because it rewards combos.
Basically I'm trying to stack bot, NY, and area 51. It doesn't matter if its your first or 3rd city, whichever way the game seems to be working out.
OK so now hopefully you've completed 2 cities which should light another extra ball. You'll definitely want that as well. Now you can focus on your 3rd city and hopefully you have some van upgrades and/or the second overlord built up a bit. Your 3rd city can be whatever you like depending on if you've done bot frenzy, have area 51 still ready to go, or 2nd overlord is ready. Like I said before I like either NY or LA depending on what I have going on in the game. Hopefully you can use your upgrades and a MB mode to clear the 3rd city.
Once you have 3 cities cleared you're pretty much off to the races. Your score should already be very high. Probably somewhere between 400m and 700m or more. Now you can start Austin or DC and you're cleared for points takeoff. If you can do reasonably well in one of those modes you're gonna score tons of points, especially if you get those multipliers working for you.
After Austin or DC hopefully you're close to or already have Foo Bot qualified. Definitely start that if you can, but its not too difficult to have over a billion points by the time you leave austin/dc

I'm not at your level, but I just had a great game and almost completed all the cities (score was 950M).

One question: On one of the balls, I got 7x end-of-ball total multiplier (which I've never gotten before). Do you know what aspect of the rules increases this multiplier?

Thanks!

#4722 10 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not at your level, but I just had a great game and almost completed all the cities (score was 950M).
One question: On one of the balls, I got 7x end-of-ball total multiplier (which I've never gotten before). Do you know what aspect of the rules increases this multiplier?
Thanks!

Hits to the van paddle when not all drops are down
http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--bonus

#4723 10 months ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

That was one of my favorites from the first album. Another one from that album that would work perfect for pinbal: "For All The Cows"

#4724 10 months ago

I would’ve loved hearing White Limo from Wasting Light, like during a hectic multiball maybe.

#4725 10 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

[quoted image]

Mine is perfect.

IMG_4403 (resized).jpegIMG_4403 (resized).jpeg
#4726 10 months ago

Upper right flipper question…
When i first got my game it seemed that the upper flipper would fire as soon as i hit the flipper button… but now it seems a lil slow in reacting and only if i push the button all the way in does it fire.
Coil stop? Leaf adjustment?

#4727 10 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Upper right flipper question…
When i first got my game it seemed that the upper flipper would fire as soon as i hit the flipper button… but now it seems a lil slow in reacting and only if i push the button all the way in does it fire.
Coil stop? Leaf adjustment?

Adjustment.

#4728 10 months ago

If I zoom in close enough I can see little jaggies on the LE plate, but I absolutely can't see it from a foot and a half away, and I'm usually a lot further away than that, so I don't have any issue with it.

#4729 10 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I would’ve loved hearing White Limo from Wasting Light, like during a hectic multiball maybe.

YES!! Cmon DeadFlip

#4730 10 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I desperately want White Limo in the game

Foobot multiball would be perfect for it

#4731 10 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

And/Or White Limo's spiritual father, "Weenie Beenie" from the first record.

ETA: While we're dreaming, "No Way Back" from In Your Honour too.

#4732 10 months ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

PinMonk
You’re gonna love this, so finally had some time to open up the PDU RMA, and it’s the same inductor
And, as expected, it’s click city! So mark me down 2x now
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJZCKLqcTFx0hBKIFwOMMm_dKzI33aSe/view?usp=drivesdk
[quoted image][quoted image]

PinMonk

My replacement PDB from Pinball Life is clicking now. Not as bad as the first one. And it definitely stopped for a few days with the new board.

#4733 10 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Swapped PDB with one from Pinball Life and clicking went away. I was getting about 30-40 clicks on startup (progressively worse), originally was about 5 when I first got the game. Well worth the $75 until Stern figures their stuff out.

Do you have a link to the PDB? Mine is the 52 batch also. Only clicks occasionally, one or two times on start up, but not consistent. I may plan ahead and get a spare.

#4734 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Do you have a link to the PDB? Mine is the 52 batch also. Only clicks occasionally, one or two times on start up, but not consistent. I may plan ahead and get a spare.

Quoted from AMartin56:

PinMonk
My replacement PDB from Pinball Life is clicking now. Not as bad as the first one. And it definitely stopped for a few days with the new board.

Just saw this…. Never mind on that link lol

#4735 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

PinMonk

What inductor is on your replacement board? Terry had a bunch of 52nd week 2021 and a few 20th week 2021.

Also what is the lot code stamped into the plastic cap on top of your 3 capacitors?

I have new capacitors and inductors coming so they're here once I'm a bit more mobile and can check them with the LCR meter and replace the components I assume will test badly. I had surgery this week and have been down recovering. I should be more up to speed over the weekend and into next week, but I can't go too crazy. If people want to post pictures of the lot code stamp on the capacitors of the PDBs of theirs that are clicking, that would be helpful also. You need to take the picture lit a bit off-angle since the embossing is just a stamp in the plastic, not printing, so it's black on black.

#4736 10 months ago

Bumped in to this dude at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show today.

Just the nicest guy…he took the time to sign a FF flier and chat up/talk pins with my son for a sec…made my sons day!

IMG_6985 (resized).jpegIMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
#4737 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What inductor is on your replacement board? Terry had a bunch of 52nd week 2021 and a few 20th week 2021.
Also what is the lot code stamped into the plastic cap on top of your 3 capacitors?
I have new capacitors and inductors coming so they're here once I'm a bit more mobile and can check them with the LCR meter and replace the components I assume will test badly. I had surgery this week and have been down recovering. I should be more up to speed over the weekend and into next week, but I can't go too crazy. If people want to post pictures of the lot code stamp on the capacitors of the PDBs of theirs that are clicking, that would be helpful also. You need to take the picture lit a bit off-angle since the embossing is just a stamp in the plastic, not printing, so it's black on black.

My PLife replacement:

I'll have to get back to you on the caps.

Screenshot_20230603-004045 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230603-004045 (resized).png
#4738 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have the 20th week 2021 and no clicks yet.

#4739 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The plot thickens...

Clicks last night were when machine had been on pretty much all day and I rebooted it to briefly torture a friend who came over specifically to play it..

No clicks this morning after it's been turned off for about seven hours.

#4740 10 months ago

Noticed last night my upper right flipper sounds different than the rest of them. If that makes sense. Seems to still be powerful but it sounds almost like it needs to be oiled or something. Wonder if this is the coil stop everyone has been mentioning? I’ll have to pop the hood today and look. Also, PinMonk feel better!

#4741 10 months ago

Anyone still waiting on their LE?

#4742 10 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

I’m also curious if people who were on the first run of premiums are still waiting, or if they’re done running them until July.

(I may be delusional, but part of me is still hoping that they come back to them, and end up tacking part of the second run onto the end, letting me receive shipment early)

#4743 10 months ago

Foo Fighters Siren Spot Light Cover now available in my shop!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1391-ravspec/08686-foo-fighters-siren-spot-light-cover
594213EE-01AB-45A0-A881-27E6F179647E (resized).jpeg594213EE-01AB-45A0-A881-27E6F179647E (resized).jpegD4A14367-3B0D-40D3-86BE-2796A83DB527 (resized).jpegD4A14367-3B0D-40D3-86BE-2796A83DB527 (resized).jpegDD46D74D-95A6-4DCE-BC94-0E2F358F2647 (resized).jpegDD46D74D-95A6-4DCE-BC94-0E2F358F2647 (resized).jpeg

#4744 10 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

I’m also curious if people who were on the first run of premiums are still waiting, or if they’re done running them until July.
(I may be delusional, but part of me is still hoping that they come back to them, and end up tacking part of the second run onto the end, letting me receive shipment early)

First run Premium buyer here, still waiting.

#4745 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Noticed last night my upper right flipper sounds different than the rest of them. If that makes sense. Seems to still be powerful but it sounds almost like it needs to be oiled or something. Wonder if this is the coil stop everyone has been mentioning? I’ll have to pop the hood today and look. Also, PinMonk feel better!

Mine sounds different, too. Coil stop is fine, flipper feels great. I figured the travel is different so that could be why?

#4746 10 months ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Mine sounds different, too. Coil stop is fine, flipper feels great. I figured the travel is different so that could be why?

That makes sense, I was about to start tearing it apart haha! but if that’s how it’s supposed to sound I’ll leave it be. Thanks!

#4747 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

If you're getting a thunking, it could be like on Iron Maiden where the coil is so close to the cabinet wall on the playfield that it makes a kind of echo when the flipper hits the rubber pad on the bracket. Can't check that for a while, but it seems most likely given where the mech is placed if it's not the coil stop or coil sleeve.

Thanks for the well-wishes. Getting a bit more mobile again every day. Should be able to ship pinmonk orders again early next week.

#4748 10 months ago
Quoted from chadderack:

First run Premium buyer here, still waiting.

Same here.

#4749 10 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yep ... I've been in frequent contact with my distro; no real updates from Stern.

All due respect to those waiting on their first-run Premiums, but being PIF for 3 months on an LE is pretty aggravating while they are apparently building all sorts of other games.

#4750 10 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Yep ... I've been in frequent contact with my distro; no real updates from Stern.
All due respect to those waiting on their first-run Premiums, but being PIF for 3 months on an LE is pretty aggravating while they are apparently building all sorts of other games.

If they are really out of playfields that is epic supply chain mismanagement and something I wouldn't expect from Stern. They were making quite a few premiums even.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,329 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.