IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg
16527429-993A-4D24-8807-0F39F42BBE18_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_3402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2910 (resized).jpeg
750AC4B1-3216-430E-BA20-3CF6274B8675_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 266.
#4501 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This whole rubber set takes time my man .It’s no joke .The one your talking about ,1)remove plastic 2)remove ball guide 3) remove plunge ramp 4) loosen left ball rail and swing over 5)remove wire return and I think this needs to be off anyway for other parts . I’m not 100% on this .I would’ve made an install video if Zi knew prior how hard it is .Just take pictures as you go and things will work out .
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#4502 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have an LE on order, really pumped to be joining the club.
Does the LE come with lit speakers or do I need to add speaker lighting? If I need to order the speaker light kit which one fits with the enhanced LE speakers (I like the flaming speaker lights). How about shaker?
Thanks!

The SPIKE 2 LE games do not come with speaker lighting (Deadpool LE and Batman 66 SLE being the exceptions). In certain room lighting the LE games look like they have some, poorly implemented, speaker lighting, but that is just the backlight slightly lighting up the top of the speaker cones.

Any of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit types will work in any SPIKE 2 games with any 4" or 5.25" speakers.

http://speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html

The only exceptions are that some speaker plate modifications may be needed if certain aftermarket 4" speakers are used, and my Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits can only be used with 5.25" speakers that are mounted on proper 5.25" speaker plates (no adapters to get the 5.25" speaker to mount on a 4" speaker plate).

So, that is good news for anyone having an LE game that already has the 5.25" speakers from the factory, as any of my SPIKE 2 light kit types will easily install with no modifications or additional accessories needed.

Having a Foo Fighters LE, you may want to look into NinjaCamp's Expressive Speaker Lights as your game would already have the correct speaker size and Expression Lighting from the factory to be ready to go with them.

If you have any questions about my Speaker Light Kits or are tempted to get one of the various knockoffs sold by some other sellers, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what you are looking for or looking at, to buy. I should be able to help and I'm quite confident my light kits will be the best choice in most cases. If it's not...I will be honest and let you know. I have no issue with people making speaker lights that are different than mine, but when I see people copying my ideas and designs and, in many cases, cheapening them or charging a lot more money for them, I don't like that and I'm more than happy to let people know why my light kits are the right choice.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#4503 10 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The SPIKE 2 LE games do not come with speaker lighting (Deadpool LE and Batman 66 SLE being the exceptions). In certain room lighting the LE games look like they have some, poorly implemented, speaker lighting, but that is just the backlight slightly lighting up the top of the speaker cones.
Any of my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit types will work in any SPIKE 2 games with any 4" or 5.25" speakers.
The only exceptions are that some speaker plate modifications may be needed if certain aftermarket 4" speakers are used, and my Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits can only be used with 5.25" speakers that are mounted on proper 5.25" speaker plates (no adapters to get the 5.25" speaker to mount on a 4" speaker plate).
So, that is good news for anyone having an LE game that already has the 5.25" speakers from the factory, as any of my SPIKE 2 light kit types will easily install with no modifications or additional accessories needed.
Having a Foo Fighters LE, you may want to look into NinjaCamp's Expressive Speaker Lights as your game would already have the correct speaker size and Expression Lighting from the factory to be ready to go with them.
If you have any questions about my Speaker Light Kits or are tempted to get one of the various knockoffs sold by some other sellers, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what you are looking for or looking at, to buy. I should be able to help and I'm quite confident my light kits will be the best choice in most cases. If it's not...I will be honest and let you know. I have no issue with people making speaker lights that are different than mine, but when I see people copying my ideas and designs and, in many cases, cheapening them or charging a lot more money for them, I don't like that and I'm more than happy to let people know why my light kits are the right choice.

Hearty recommendation on Doug's kits. Easy to install and they look incredible.

#4504 10 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Hearty recommendation on Doug's kits. Easy to install and they look incredible.

I 2nd this. Really nice product and easy to install and look AMAZING!

#4505 10 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Boom.

EEDC6229-68ED-4E8A-9516-B5E42733EF22 (resized).jpegEEDC6229-68ED-4E8A-9516-B5E42733EF22 (resized).jpeg
#4506 10 months ago

NICE! love the mirror blades too...looks so good

#4507 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those can give unreliable results. Get a physical level, preferably a digital level with a bubble gauge in it, too.
Something like this:
amazon.com link »
(there are smaller cheapies out there for as little as $10, but I don't like the backlit LCD displays - that one has a nice, bright LED display)

the iphone one works well for those that use it correctly (with a flat back, calibrated when needed, etc).

Problem with the cheap digital levels is their accuracy when not chasing flat/vertical.. which is exactly the scenario we need for pins. Plus, many are designed for simple plumbing and are too small for good readings. Like the one you linked is +/- 0.2 degree... so your reading could be 6.6 - 7.0... and for our purposes that's like hand grenades.

I cross check my iphone vs my level with 0.1 accuracy 9" digital level frequently and they never really conflict.. the digital level being just a bit more fickle as it has readability down to 0.05

I reach for my phone unless things aren't adding up.. then I check the 9" level for sanity.

#4508 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

the iphone one works well for those that use it correctly (with a flat back, calibrated when needed, etc).
Problem with the cheap digital levels is their accuracy when not chasing flat/vertical.. which is exactly the scenario we need for pins. Plus, many are designed for simple plumbing and are too small for good readings. Like the one you linked is +/- 0.2 degree... so your reading could be 6.6 - 7.0... and for our purposes that's like hand grenades.
I cross check my iphone vs my level with 0.1 accuracy 9" digital level frequently and they never really conflict.. the digital level being just a bit more fickle as it has readability down to 0.05
I reach for my phone unless things aren't adding up.. then I check the 9" level for sanity.

The main problem with the iphone apps is user error, so I find that a digital level generally removes the chance for a mis-calibrated phone app. I did learn something, though. I thought my digital level was accurate to .05, but turns out that's just for 0 and 90 degrees.

#4509 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The main problem with the iphone apps is user error, so I find that a digital level generally removes the chance for a mis-calibrated phone app. I did learn something, though. I thought my digital level was accurate to .05, but turns out that's just for 0 and 90 degrees.

Yup - the fine print kills ya

The pinguy app could use some simplification to avoid user errors (get rid of the glass setting, or make it less prominate, etc)... but it's decent enough. Calibration is just a matter of making sure you do the 180 rotation correctly.

#4510 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

In![quoted image]

hey, how long did you have to wait for your premium? My dist has been telling me "next week" for over a month and next week never comes...

#4511 10 months ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

hey, how long did you have to wait for your premium? My dist has been telling me "next week" for over a month and next week never comes...

Same

#4512 10 months ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Parts delays. Stern isn’t the best at communicating, so likely you’re just hearing what your distro is being told from Stern, which isn’t much.

#4513 10 months ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

Could be worse... Still waiting on Foo LE here. Distro has been great getting me what info he can though.

#4514 10 months ago

I do love some hate rating logic. You can also always guess what that person owns.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 3.33.15 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-30 at 3.33.15 PM (resized).png
#4515 10 months ago
Quoted from uccash:

Could be worse... Still waiting on Foo LE here. Distro has been great getting me what info he can though.

So it's more widespread than I thought... I guess it's true what they say: "misery loves company"

#4516 10 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I do love some hate rating logic. You can also always guess what that person owns.
[quoted image]

Fanboy

#4517 10 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yeah that’s right. Its a fun shooter for sure, but code needs more. not as deep then Godzilla or rush. More then like deadpool at the moment.
Let’s see where it ends

Yeah I agree 100% with this. I am wishing and dreaming that the code will catch up with how great of a shooter this game is. Not as bad but similar to when METLE came out. After a few months the lame code made the great shooter stale and weak. I came so close to selling but finally after a year the code matured and now one of my favourite games.

I’ve been through all the cities and of course right now they just start over and yeah no Overlord. Of course I realize it’s early but please let there be something more after Overlord….

#4518 10 months ago

PinMonk

For the past few weeks I have had intermittent issues with my FF Pro booting up. It will start and then freeze when you hit the start button. Sometimes freezes during booting. I turned it on and off two or three times and it eventually boots.

I came on here to see if others are having similar issues and I read about this Issue you are tracking. I didn’t know until I read the forum about the clicking. Of course today when I want to listen it is booting fine. Took a picture of the PDB attached. Seems to be in the bad batch. Correct? I’ll make a ticket with Stern.
IMG_8296 (resized).jpegIMG_8296 (resized).jpeg

#4519 10 months ago
Quoted from ktuhde:

PinMonk
For the past few weeks I have had intermittent issues with my FF Pro booting up. It will start and then freeze when you hit the start button. Sometimes freezes during booting. I turned it on and off two or three times and it eventually boots.
I came on here to see if others are having similar issues and I read about this Issue you are tracking. I didn’t know until I read the forum about the clicking. Of course today when I want to listen it is booting fine. Took a picture of the PDB attached. Seems to be in the bad batch. Correct? I’ll make a ticket with Stern.
[quoted image]

Yeah, the PDB has the inductor that so far has indicated that board is suspect. Do you remember if you getting clicks at boot? If so, do you know about how many?

#4520 10 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Boom.
[quoted image]

Which exact lights are those if you don’t mind ? I really like that multicolor with this game it looks great !!

#4521 10 months ago

And here’s to hoping we get a real topper with Foo ! I’ve never had one , but wanted these 2 as these games are here a long ass time

#4522 10 months ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I agree 100% with this. I am wishing and dreaming that the code will catch up with how great of a shooter this game is. Not as bad but similar to when METLE came out. After a few months the lame code made the great shooter stale and weak. I came so close to selling but finally after a year the code matured and now one of my favourite games.
I’ve been through all the cities and of course right now they just start over and yeah no Overlord. Of course I realize it’s early but please let there be something more after Overlord….

I so agree. I like the game a ton as it sits, but of course always hope for more in the code department. I could see it getting a bit monotonous with current code....

Being just an average player, my wish list (off the top of my head) would be...

1. Add some cool stuff to the captive ball. Loop champion and some way to start some sort of mode...

2. Something additional for the mini playfield??

3. Obviously more call outs. The direction they are going now is great. Love the mix in every once in awhile of the adult speech.

4. Would absolutely love to see a show with lights and the coil on the overlord similar to destroying the saucer on AFM... Even some call out nods to AFM snuck in. That coil needs to do more in Foo!! And crank up the acknowledgment for beating him. Get that adrenaline flowing!!!

Anyway, just some thoughts to make a great game even better!

Cheers.

#4523 10 months ago

Maybe this has been discussed .. but does anyone notice inconsistent volume levels ? I bumped up my music attenuation but for example in all my life mode music is super low . Overload is loud .. and New Orleans guy is crazy loud ! Volume is all over the place

Game is awesome though and Frankly I think the rules pretty deep not sure what else it needs ? If agree maybe extra use of upper PF .

#4524 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Which exact lights are those if you don’t mind ? I really like that multicolor with this game it looks great !!

Doug at speakerlightkits.
The 13 kit i believe for LE models. Add a colored backer plate… mine is mirrored but most prolly get the green one. If u have a prem or pro u will need the speaker bracket as well i believe… not sure tho.
I upgraded to the pinwoofer super kit that came w 5.25” speakers and needed the plates to mount my lights.
Contact doug for any questions.

#4525 10 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Doug at speakerlightkits.
The 13 kit i believe for LE models. Add a colored backer plate… mine is mirrored but most prolly get the green one. If u have a prem or pro u will need the speaker bracket as well i believe… not sure tho.
I upgraded to the pinwoofer super kit that came w 5.25” speakers and needed the plates to mount my lights.
Contact doug for any questions.

Thank you

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4526 10 months ago

Since I'm not an IC fan, flipmods alien looks perfect to me. No more white light

20230530_194213 (resized).jpg20230530_194213 (resized).jpg20230530_194223 (resized).jpg20230530_194223 (resized).jpg20230530_200045 (resized).jpg20230530_200045 (resized).jpg20230530_200134 (resized).jpg20230530_200134 (resized).jpg
#4527 10 months ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

So it's more widespread than I thought... I guess it's true what they say: "misery loves company"

While waiting been playing some SMVE and working on flipping less and staying calm

#4528 10 months ago

In development. “Perfect Mount” to upgrade your Pro Overlord to the Prem/LE mech. The mount and lights are different and as some know this is not a direct replacement like the van upgrade. The “Perfect Mount” will come with everything needed bring over your lights and mount up the new Mech.

In a few weeks I will have an upgraded mount that will integrate new lights as well.

3A30026A-4449-4073-A6BD-BE5A84B1429D (resized).jpeg3A30026A-4449-4073-A6BD-BE5A84B1429D (resized).jpeg
#4529 10 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Maybe this has been discussed .. but does anyone notice inconsistent volume levels ? I bumped up my music attenuation but for example in all my life mode music is super low . Overload is loud .. and New Orleans guy is crazy loud ! Volume is all over the place
Game is awesome though and Frankly I think the rules pretty deep not sure what else it needs ? If agree maybe extra use of upper PF .

This is factory setting ,which I’m loving .I like how all the callouts are loud and clear as the music takes a back seat while it’s trying to tell you things or taunt you .There are soooo many things where the team has gone out on a limb wearing they’re choices on they’re sleeves and it’s Bad 2 DA Mothur Fn Bone ! I called for some songs being held back to be used exclusively in certain modes/MBs/wizard modes a long time ago and love that they did this and some of the songs you have to “earn” to hear .You can go in settings and do what you want with the sounds though .

#4530 10 months ago

I’m really happy there’s more ways to “Shatz” a cat and hope they utilize the weapon targets more going forward .I love catching and holding the flipper up to roll it back there .I hit one of my favorite shot combos tonight and it’s not even a combo ,Right flipper to Somic Radio targets , to Bot Award target , to left flipper ,to Overlord Kaboom !!! Have only done it a few times while trying to and it’s fing glorious

#4531 10 months ago

After going with the lowered pitch this game has exploded in this house and the other games still feel real slow after playing Foo so I play it last now

IMG_6233 (resized).jpegIMG_6233 (resized).jpeg
#4532 10 months ago

What would your best guesses be on that pitch just going from the bubble ?

#4533 10 months ago

I was up here or further prior to getting it right .

IMG_6234 (resized).pngIMG_6234 (resized).png
#4534 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

#4535 10 months ago

Top 1 and 2!! Lucky to have both banners!!

9B3B1BA3-4761-4EDB-AEF0-D9832B423A64 (resized).jpeg9B3B1BA3-4761-4EDB-AEF0-D9832B423A64 (resized).jpeg
#4536 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Since I'm not an IC fan, flipmods alien looks perfect to me. No more white light
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve grown to like IC .I like changing things up to go after some of the harder achievements here and there .Some you get by hitting Start , some will take time but it’s on the path anyway ,some will challenge you , and lastly some are at the very end of your reach .Nice balance for all Your wall/door there rocks HFer !

#4537 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This whole rubber set takes time my man .It’s no joke .The one your talking about ,1)remove plastic 2)remove ball guide 3) remove plunge ramp 4) loosen left ball rail and swing over 5)remove wire return and I think this needs to be off anyway for other parts . I’m not 100% on this .I would’ve made an install video if Zi knew prior how hard it is .Just take pictures as you go and things will work out .
[quoted image]

The overlord really isn’t bad. I haven’t done the captive ball one or the post attached to the shooter ramp. Neither of those look fun and I’ve just wanted to play and not fiddle with them. I’d do the captive ball if there was some way to do it without removing the entire upper playfield. Such a bummer how it is. Some day I’ll get around to it. The other one isn’t hard, just annoying. And my plunge is pretty much perfect now (except when the shaker rattles it hard on an auto plunge).

#4538 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

After going with the lowered pitch this game has exploded in this house and the other games still feel real slow after playing Foo so I play it last now
[quoted image]

That's right about where mine is at too. Have had it higher when first setup, but dropped it slowly over a few days and settled in nicely there.

#4539 10 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Wow, thanks for the call out Doug! We really appreciate it and we love your awesome products as well!

#4540 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I really like that. I have never used IC my FF will be the first game I have with it and I like the idea of this this better than a white light shining at me.

#4541 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This is factory setting ,which I’m loving .I like how all the callouts are loud and clear as the music takes a back seat while it’s trying to tell you things or taunt you .There are soooo many things where the team has gone out on a limb wearing they’re choices on they’re sleeves and it’s Bad 2 DA Mothur Fn Bone ! I called for some songs being held back to be used exclusively in certain modes/MBs/wizard modes a long time ago and love that they did this and some of the songs you have to “earn” to hear .You can go in settings and do what you want with the sounds though .

What is the setting that is specific to certain modes for example all my life is super low compared to other songs . My issue is more with inconsistency than any specific volume level

#4542 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just FYI, the bubble really means nothing...it will vary greatly depending on how loose or tight the screws are holding it in place and even though it technically has stops, a screw can be easily over tightened especially for this game where you have to take off the bubble to get at the post sleeve, add a bunch of people doing that and there's no real calibrated standard anymore.

#4543 10 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Wow, thanks for the call out Doug! We really appreciate it and we love your awesome products as well!

Went to the website, but I don't see any speakerlights, just clothes?

#4544 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great with the light behind it, thanks for the support and for sharing!

Quoted from clg:

I really like that. I have never used IC my FF will be the first game I have with it and I like the idea of this this better than a white light shining at me.

Thanks! You can purchase here - https://flipmods.com/product/overlord-ic-cover/

#4545 10 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

[quoted image]

Anyone who rates any game a perfect 10 is already a bozo in my book.

#4546 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Anyone who rates any game a perfect 10 is already a bozo in my book.

Yea all the perfect 10's this early and unfinished code is just silly

#4547 10 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

In development. “Perfect Mount” to upgrade your Pro Overlord to the Prem/LE mech. The mount and lights are different and as some know this is not a direct replacement like the van upgrade. The “Perfect Mount” will come with everything needed bring over your lights and mount up the new Mech.
In a few weeks I will have an upgraded mount that will integrate new lights as well. [quoted image]

Awesome news! I had been looking over the premium manual the last week trying to figure out the "best" way to add in the overlord toy to the pro. The mounts didn't look THAT different, but needed a few changes. Count me in for one when you get it done!

#4548 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea all the perfect 10's this early and unfinished code is just silly

I just don't think any game has ever had not one little thing you can nitpick about it. In fact, even 9's should be exceedingly rare, even for some of the best games of all time. A 10 should be absolute perfection, and I don't know if thats even possible. People are unable to judge things objectively, its like if you like a game its either a 9 or a 10, no, I'm sorry, thats just wrong. In my ratings I have games I despise that are ranked rather highly, and games I love that should probably be higher, but I try to judge things as fairly and objectively as I can. The only exceptions I make are for some categories I judge games by their contemporaries, but I think thats fine. For example, you can't really compare a system 11 light show to a brand new games RGB buffet, so that gets graded on a bit of a curve.

#4549 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I just don't think any game has ever had not one little thing you can nitpick about it. In fact, even 9's should be exceedingly rare, even for some of the best games of all time. A 10 should be absolute perfection, and I don't know if thats even possible. People are unable to judge things objectively, its like if you like a game its either a 9 or a 10, no, I'm sorry, thats just wrong. In my ratings I have games I despise that are ranked rather highly, and games I love that should probably be higher, but I try to judge things as fairly and objectively as I can. The only exceptions I make are for some categories I judge games by their contemporaries, but I think thats fine. For example, you can't really compare a system 11 light show to a brand new games RGB buffet, so that gets graded on a bit of a curve.

If Bo Derek could be considered a perfect 10 I’d give a 10 rating to a Pinball machine that I absolutely loved.

#4550 10 months ago

I love cheesy games, but when you rank Slugfest and Teed off higher than Foo, you are a clown.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 266.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.