PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 267.
#4451 11 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

Doing it now

How did the lower pitch work ? After I saw how it improved Foo for me ,I did on my other games also ,minus Alien as that one feels better at the higher pitch .There’s enough ball save opportunities in it already .

#4452 11 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

How ironic that the name Dave Grohl used as a space holder resulted in this haha.

Have you read Dave's book?

#4453 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hmmm...I use Titan Shiny on mine and they still look brand new after 700 plays...I wouldn't felt the autoplunger...if you have some burrs, you can use 1000 grit and smooth out the edge a little...check also for any odd areas on the game that have metal protruding what would look like more than normal...This is why I wax my playfield as well despite what some NIB owners say..it eliminates about 95% of these micro scratches

I must have some hidden areas which are causing the issue... I'll try to look for the culprit areas today.

I always wax the playfield - you can't go wrong with that IMO. Wax puts a small layer of protection...

#4454 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I think most people would hope that it at least be code complete before its coronation.

It'll come down from the top most likely, but it'll definitely settle as a Top 10 pin. I think that the consensus belief is that the final wizard mode is going to be NUTS.

#4455 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Have you read Dave's book?

Negative. You recommend?

#4456 11 months ago

#4457 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This is why I wax my playfield as well despite what some NIB owners say..it eliminates about 95% of these micro scratches

I gotta think if anything wax will kinda hide some marring with fillers. Which is probably good enough to some with a picky eye.

It's difficult to avoid micro-marring on automotive clearcoats even if you use the best car wash practices - meanwhile we're knocking metal balls around at high speeds, and don't really have a great way to clean the surface that doesn't mar it up some (ex. novus 1 plus even the best microfiber, you're probably going to put some marring in vs. a car finish, being able to encapsulate more of the surface dirt in a water-based solution before rubbing something over the surface).

I do wax with P21S here and there, but also accept that it's pinball and some micro marring is gonna happen.

#4458 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How did the lower pitch work ? After I saw how it improved Foo for me ,I did on my other games also ,minus Alien as that one feels better at the higher pitch .There’s enough ball save opportunities in it already .

PinMonk thanks for the tip. Lowering it to 6.7 definitely helped me score higher and getting more flow/combos.

Loving this game

#4459 11 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

PinMonk thanks for the tip. Lowering it to 6.7 definitely helped me score higher and getting more flow/combos.
Loving this game

Wheres the bubble on yours with that pitch? The top of my bubble is just a couple hairs above the top line. Is that close to where others are at?

#4460 11 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

Loving this game

How exactly do you know it’s 6.7? Is there an app that helps calculate pitch correctly? I just stick mine between the bubbles but on older machines I know my pitch is prob off. I used to try and use the pinball measuring app but never had much luck with it.

#4461 11 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

How exactly do you know it’s 6.7? Is there an app that helps calculate pitch correctly? I just stick mine between the bubbles but on older machines I know my pitch is prob off. I used to try and use the pinball measuring app but never had much luck with it.

Get a digital torpedo level and measure vertical and horzontal. For pitch I usually measure at the flippers, but sometimes take an average of flippers middle and upper if there is large variance depending on the playfield/weight/etc

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Empire-9-in-Magnetic-Digital-Torpedo-Level-em105-9/310152658?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D25T-025_001_HAND_TOOLS-NA-Multi-NA-SMART-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-Hand_ToolsNonPriority&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D25T-025_001_HAND_TOOLS-NA-Multi-NA-SMART-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NA-Hand_ToolsNonPriority-71700000086053656-58700007291967538-92700076258964017&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmtGjBhDhARIsAEqfDEciLROKjBE_H0zUSAIHRrCSdNSWBT7dl_YSPnDvu8ZDMxMI_GNDNDAaAhyTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#4462 11 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I cant think of anything else to test at this point besides a different board.

Swapping Node 8 and 9 (and swapping the dip switch settings as well so they know their new role) will tell you if it's the board or something else. If the problem travels to node 8 when you make the swap, it's the board.

#4463 11 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Don’t worry about it. Put the bubble on the shooter lane level so it’s touching the top line or just past it. Play test, then adjust from there.

#4464 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t worry about it. Put the bubble on the shooter lane level so it’s touching the top line or just past it. Play test, then adjust from there.

100% agree with this .

#4465 11 months ago

I’m only looking for a cheap one so I can have something to go off of in chat .Which is dumb

#4466 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

How do you go about adjusting the sensitivity to that switch since it's unique?

It's just a regular switch under the PF. Just make it so it triggers later by bending the arm. There's not a lot of play, though.

ka-foom (resized).jpgka-foom (resized).jpg
#4467 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree!

#4468 11 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

Loving this game

Glad to hear it. I wasn't loving the brutal play at Jack's recommended 7.0 pitch. Just dropping it a smidge to 6.8 made a big difference in the funfactor for me. I think anything in the 6.7-6.8 range is going to be more enjoyable than 7.0 pitch for mortals.

#4469 11 months ago

I've been using a free a digital level app on my phone

#4470 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I've been using a free a digital level app on my phone

Those can give unreliable results. Get a physical level, preferably a digital level with a bubble gauge in it, too.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Digi-Pas-DWL280PRO-Waterproof-Digital-Protractor/dp/B00FNNV1T8

(there are smaller cheapies out there for as little as $10, but I don't like the backlit LCD displays - that one has a nice, bright LED display)

#4471 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those can give unreliable results. Get a physical level, preferably a digital level with a bubble gauge in it, too.

Sorry should have added I tested the app against a digital level and it was spot on, at least for me, so I returned the digital level

#4472 11 months ago

No clicking yet on this Foo LE. Build date is May 4th.

20230529_144154 (resized).jpg20230529_144154 (resized).jpg
#4473 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a regular switch under the PF. Just make it so it triggers later by bending the arm. There's not a lot of play, though.
[quoted image]

I wonder if u clipped the spring a lil shorter would give u more force?

#4474 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

No clicking yet on this Foo LE. Build date is May 4th.
[quoted image]

Same build date here, no clicks for first 50 plays. Few days ago, 49 then 51 clicks. Today, none

#4475 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

also is it possible the coil stop is bad as well?

#4476 11 months ago

Long shot but if anyone needs a plus one to the Atlantis show in DC I’m your guy

#4477 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same build date here, no clicks for first 50 plays. Few days ago, 49 then 51 clicks. Today, none

Great! Hoping it doesn't eventually start clicking on mine, but it sure seems like it will.

Just for additional details (power wise add ons)... I have the Pinwoofer kit installed and the speaker LEDs.

#4478 11 months ago
Quoted from hcj13:

Godzilla dethroned[quoted image]

If this were a truly accurate rating, then stern should stop supporting it. Drop all support. Stop giving updates. Focus their energy elsewhere as the game is clearly perfect as is.

What I'm actually saying is this score is super premature. It's a great game, but this is incredibly premature and will only welcome downvoters to even things out.

#4479 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Sorry should have added I tested the app against a digital level and it was spot on, at least for me, so I returned the digital level

Which app?

#4480 11 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I wonder if u clipped the spring a lil shorter would give u more force?

The spring returns it to home, so it wouldn't help, and might actually slow it down as it tries to pull away when propelled by the coil.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

also is it possible the coil stop is bad as well?

Unlikely. Look at the parts diagram I posted with the switch a few posts up. The bracket has the stop molded into it. Stern hasn't has problems with those kind of coil brackets, historically. Just the crappy independent coil stop ends for the flipper coils.

It's just not supposed to be a strong consistent shot, but a randomizing chaos-creator, IMO.

#4481 11 months ago

This. This is how all the past versions of kicking targets worked.

#4482 11 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I must have some hidden areas which are causing the issue... I'll try to look for the culprit areas today.
I always wax the playfield - you can't go wrong with that IMO. Wax puts a small layer of protection...

There are a lot of metal corners for the ball to hit in this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it chews up balls.

#4483 11 months ago

I have checked the pinguy app with levels and to my surprise it was dead in every time I checked .I still use torpedoes though .I have different lengths so always fit across somewhere .

#4484 11 months ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

Negative. You recommend?

YES! highly... I got it on audio and Dave reads it himself

#4485 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

If this were a truly accurate rating, then stern should stop supporting it. Drop all support. Stop giving updates. Focus their energy elsewhere as the game is clearly perfect as is.
What I'm actually saying is this score is super premature. It's a great game, but this is incredibly premature and will only welcome downvoters to even things out.

Yes it’s inaccurate but it’s all inaccurate. Every game in the top 100 has pinsiders who are shilling it and pinsiders who are bashing it. Every one. The more ratings a game gets the less the outliers tend to affect the score but it’s the same thing across the board so all the games are in the same boat.

Yes, new games suffer from recency bias but older games have way more ratings and thus are much more stable in their rankings, for better or worse.

Don’t use the top 100 as a buyers guide, buy what you like.

Having said all that I do think Foo Fighters will be top 5 or very close once everything shakes out.

#4486 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Swapping Node 8 and 9 (and swapping the dip switch settings as well so they know their new role) will tell you if it's the board or something else. If the problem travels to node 8 when you make the swap, it's the board.

Thanks, I did end up just stealing the board from another game and that fixed it. At least I can play FF while I wait for a replacement.

#4487 11 months ago
IMG_6172 (resized).jpegIMG_6172 (resized).jpegIMG_6176 (resized).jpegIMG_6176 (resized).jpegIMG_6179 (resized).pngIMG_6179 (resized).png
#4488 11 months ago

Just reading comments from people wanting more code. Final wizard modes usually come in 1.0 code right? Probably quite a few months still until that, seems like 6-12 months for full code recently.

It’s why I told myself I wouldn’t buy a game below 1.0 code again, I end up playing 100 games and then letting the game sit unplayed for a few months waiting for code. I didn’t listen to myself and bought a FF anyway

#4489 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How the heck do you change the rubber post just behind the upper-right flipper? I cannot figure out how to remove the rail that is covering it.
Thanks in advance!

#4490 11 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

How the heck do you change the rubber post just behind the upper-right flipper? I cannot figure out how to remove the rail that is covering it.
Thanks in advance!

LOL that is the only rubber in my Pro that is still black (actually that's not true, I didn't do the ones under the Overlord either, but I am pretty sure I know HOW to do those... unlike that one behind the flipper.)

#4491 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Great! Hoping it doesn't eventually start clicking on mine, but it sure seems like it will.
Just for additional details (power wise add ons)... I have the Pinwoofer kit installed and the speaker LEDs.

Took 400 plays but now I clink every here and there like 1 to 3 clicks maybe now. Weird. Very light sound kinda have to listen hard for it on mine.

#4492 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Or it could be like stranger things or zeppelin's top 100 debut was more like (not top 100.) LOL.
Everyone knows ff is gonna drop just like the pro and premium did but atleast it's not a bust.

#4493 11 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks in advance!

Would love some input on that post, the 7/16th right above the lower right flipper, and all of the rubber under the overlord. If anyone who has done the whole machine could provide some tips it would be most appreciated!

#4494 11 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Just reading comments from people wanting more code. Final wizard modes usually come in 1.0 code right? Probably quite a few months still until that, seems like 6-12 months for full code recently.
It’s why I told myself I wouldn’t buy a game below 1.0 code again, I end up playing 100 games and then letting the game sit unplayed for a few months waiting for code. I didn’t listen to myself and bought a FF anyway

Yeah that’s right. Its a fun shooter for sure, but code needs more. not as deep then Godzilla or rush. More then like deadpool at the moment.

Let’s see where it ends

#4495 11 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Thanks in advance!

This whole rubber set takes time my man .It’s no joke .The one your talking about ,1)remove plastic 2)remove ball guide 3) remove plunge ramp 4) loosen left ball rail and swing over 5)remove wire return and I think this needs to be off anyway for other parts . I’m not 100% on this .I would’ve made an install video if Zi knew prior how hard it is .Just take pictures as you go and things will work out .

IMG_6196 (resized).jpegIMG_6196 (resized).jpeg
#4496 11 months ago

Fun game! Is a blast to play. I'm not a code person... not gonna take the time to learn all those pages of rules. Just enjoy flipping some balls hahaha.
Have a pro and hoping to upgrade to prem at some point.

#4497 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This whole rubber set takes time my man .It’s no joke .The one your talking about ,1)remove plastic 2)remove ball guide 3) remove plunge ramp 4) loosen left ball rail and swing over 5)remove wire return and I think this needs to be off anyway for other parts . I’m not 100% on this .I would’ve made an install video if Zi knew prior how hard it is .Just take pictures as you go and things will work out .
[quoted image]

My problem is that i can’t remove the ball guide. I remove the two screws that hold the level (and the ball guide) on, the wood screw that holds the rail on (under the eyeglasses sticker) and the one nut below the playfield but it still won’t budge. What am I missing?

IMG_2945 (resized).jpegIMG_2945 (resized).jpegIMG_2946 (resized).jpegIMG_2946 (resized).jpegIMG_2947 (resized).jpegIMG_2947 (resized).jpeg

#4498 11 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

My problem is that i can’t remove the ball guide. I remove the two screws that hold the level (and the ball guide) on, the wood screw that holds the rail on (under the eyeglasses sticker) and the one nut below the playfield but it still won’t budge. What am I missing?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Remove the metal ramp in the shooter lane and there is an additional screw underneath it that holds down the rail. The rubbers were a blast to replace

#4499 11 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Remove the metal ramp in the shooter lane and there is an additional screw underneath it that holds down the rail. The rubbers were a blast to replace

Thanks!

#4500 11 months ago

yeah , take pics each step

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/90?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.