PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 267.
#4351 11 months ago
Quoted from yamangold:

The power supply will protect itself and should be fine, only possible issue is cycles on the relay, but it is probably rated for 100’s of thousands of cycles and will not fail anytime soon

Thank you. I'll hold off on the swap until Stern tells me what they want to do..

#4352 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Rolled the game.
Hoping for an update soon!
[quoted image]

Yeah well my two scores this morning were both 18.xx million so there.

#4353 11 months ago

Rolled the game.
[quoted image]

Open outlanes, increase pitch, change settings so everything is harder to start/finish.

#4354 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What do you use for routine cleaning ?

Wizard's Mist-N-Shine gets rid of the dirt on your flippers, ball trails, etc and makes the pf slicker for a day or two. Plus, it smells good and fights static electricity. Try cleaning the plastic outside panel of your display, you might find that it takes longer for dust to build back up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U729UA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#4355 11 months ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Stern flipper buttons suck, or at least need a bit more attention as I think they have burs on them. Last 3-4 games stern games I've replaced the flip buttons for being crunchy out of the box. Someone said you can fix the yellow ones stern ships by smoothing them out. The switch seems to catch a bur and gives it a crunchy feel

It’s just a small raised lip on the button shaft that catches the end of the housing. Has been a problem for many years. Just pop button out, spin the shaft in some sandpaper between your thumb and index finger. I keep a piece of 220 and 400 in my bag. I use the 400 just as a finisher to ensure it’s smooth. Takes just 5-10 seconds.

I have to do it on about 75% on our new sterns.

#4356 11 months ago

Rolled the game.
[quoted image]

I'm uncertain you rolled it. That's reserved for the score going so high that you went back to zero.

#4357 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm uncertain you rolled it. That's reserved for the score going so high that you went back to zero.

What I meant, was that I reached the limit of the code, and then it all just reset.

I think my final score was just under 1B.

#4358 11 months ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Wizard's Mist-N-Shine gets rid of the dirt on your flippers, ball trails, etc and makes the pf slicker for a day or two. Plus, it smells good and fights static electricity. Try cleaning the plastic outside panel of your display, you might find that it takes longer for dust to build back up.
amazon.com link »

This is what I do with Novus 1. But I use it less on the playfield and just dust the playfield sometimes because the game gets too fast for a while otherwise. When dusting isn’t enough, I use Novus 1.

#4359 11 months ago

It’s like there are magnets in the outlanes some days with this game.

#4360 11 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

So because I'm a paranoid dude I happen to have a spare Power Distribution board from Pinball Life lying around. Should I swap it immediately? Is this clicking board likely to damage the power supply or something upstream? I'm perfectly fine with leaving it in and waiting for Stern to get back to me, but only if it can only fry itself. This is a new game that will get a lot of play.

It's not going to damage the power supply immediately, but if you have lots of clicks, it will shave some life off that power supply relay. I personally feel it will just kill that inductor faster (if that is what is causing the problem as it seems to be).

If you have a non-52CG21 inductor PDB, I'd just swap it. Should solve the problem completely, and then wait for Stern to acknowledge the issue and offer warranty swaps on the suspect PDBs.

#4361 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Oh? What's the plan, Stan?

Stern changed something with the 2021 builds of Maiden that made my 3D Anubis not fit anymore, so I'm bringing the game back in to see if I can modify the mounting to make it work with all Maidens again. It worked great for all builds before 2021, just that was was different. Bonus is, I get to have one in-house for a while again. I might actually finish the instructions for the columns and torches while it's here so those can be available, too. Design has been done for a long time, I just need to make the installation instructions clearer (it's a little complicated) and get them drawn.

Anubis_Columns_with_Torches.gifAnubis_Columns_with_Torches.gif

anubis-columns (resized).jpganubis-columns (resized).jpg
#4362 11 months ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Im in the same boat waiting on a premium, although I only paid the deposit, it was 2 days after the game was announced. I wonder if we are using the same distributor. Just keep getting "hopefully 2 weeks". Im on my last "2 weeks" before I just ask for my deposit back and try and find one somewhere else.

I didn’t see where you are located, but I do have a NIB Foo for sale, here on Pinside. I’m at 98577. Wouldn’t be worth shipping, as I payed shipping on mine. Only selling because I magically got one of the last LE’s on launch, and need to feed my credit cards.

#4363 11 months ago

What I meant, was that I reached the limit of the code, and then it all just reset.

I agree the code doesn't run terribly deep just yet. I sorta got shouted down when I said this game didn't need coop as the rules were easy to get all the way through by oneself.

#4364 11 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

For me, I don't wax anymore (i did on my first game). With modern playfields/clearcoats I don't think it really does much of anything to protect. I mylar the shooter, drops or anywhere that would typically wear and then I just ocassionally wipe things down and enjoy it. Just my .02

I have to humbly disagree on waxing clearcoat PFs..I use a MINIMAL AMOUNT of carnuba wax on my Sterns, and it literally a game changer. Just did this to my GZ that I hadnt touched since I got it over a month ago..totally changed the speed and geometry of it all..and minimal wax will pick up the black gum rubber residue that you cant see on the pf..its there (along with a small amount of coil dust). But to each his her own!

#4365 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I agree the code doesn't run terribly deep just yet. I sorta got shouted down when I said this game didn't need coop as the rules were easy to get all the way through by oneself.

Well they might not add coop, but I think it’d be good and help pull in more operator dollars. I have only been to DC or Austin once, just to tell you skill level.

#4366 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I have to humbly disagree on waxing clearcoat PFs..I use a MINIMAL AMOUNT of carnuba wax on my Sterns, and it literally a game changer. Just did this to my GZ that I hadnt touched since I got it over a month ago..totally changed the speed and geometry of it all..and minimal wax will pick up the black gum rubber residue that you cant see on the pf..its there (along with a small amount of coil dust). But to each his her own!

I mean, as long as the paint isn’t worn off… I don’t think any of us care about personal preferences on home-used games. They will get dimpled though!!

#4367 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

I mean, as long as the paint isn’t worn off… I don’t think any of us care about personal preferences on home-used games. They will get dimpled though!!

Dimpled = Definitely

#4368 11 months ago

just curious, what is the average lifetime plays of a brand new game - anyone check what happens from the factory or your distributor ?

#4369 11 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

just curious, what is the average lifetime plays of a brand new game - anyone check what happens from the factory or your distributor ?

Nope. Never cared.

#4370 11 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I believe mine had right around 100 plays listed from the factory. (first run Pro)

#4371 11 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 from a NIB, but I don't always check.

#4372 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I wouldn't mind a coop mode. I will take all the content Stern can dish out. Coop mode would be nice for the casuals and kids that want to play. I also want to see a Back Stage Pass mode added.

#4373 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I will go down and double check in a bit and report back

#4374 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep, you're right. 8 plays from the factory...I was way off

#4375 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I believe mine had right around 8 plays listed from the factory. (first run Pro)

#4376 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I wouldn't mind a coop mode. I will take all the content Stern can dish out. Coop mode would be nice for the casuals and kids that want to play. I also want to see a Back Stage Pass mode added.

A timed play mode that lets the length (2, 3, 4, 5 minute) be set in the system menu is desperately needed for head-to-head tournaments so the time is counted down by the machine automatically starting from the first plunge and the flippers go dead with no switch hits score counted after the countdown timer hits 0. Dead flippers, count up bonus, display score, exit mode. Would make head to head match play administration MUCH EASIER, and help promote more Stern pinball.

I'm hoping Xaqery is up for adding that kind of mode since he's next up with a pin and one of the new special mode-experimenters at Stern. I'm sure Theguyoverthere knows how valuable it could be for tournaments. Maybe he can help with it. Seems like perfect timing with Dwight up with Eddy's next Stern design in just a few months, and it would be a GREAT way to promote the release at launch party tournaments. Should be a very easy mode to add overall. I imagine it would be accessed something like the co-op mode in his TMNT.

#4377 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Yep, you're right. 8 plays from the factory...I was way off

Given the often severe QA issues with machines Stern sends out the door, I'm surprised the number is more than 2, but sometimes it's close to 10.

#4378 11 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

All my NIB have 1 lifetime play from the factory then reset to 0 total plays by Stern. So you can tell if they remember to reset it will have 1 more lifetime play than the total plays or whatever the amount they tested would be. One Chicago gaming had 1 play my other had 8 total plays so anything double digits is when you have a distributor that likes to unbox the games and look for potential problems before reboxing, then shipping the game to you. Several distributors do that, you can request they don't if you want the initial joy of opening it.

#4379 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given the often severe QA issues with machines Stern sends out the door, I'm surprised the number is more than 2, but sometimes it's close to 10.

I'm happy with how lucky I have been with my first pin. I haven't had any issues with my Foo Pro (knock on a wood playfield). Well, only a minor tweak to a switch arm was needed to make sure the left ramp registered every ball. Other than that, its been pretty flawless. I keep checking the bolts and screws underneath expecting to see something on the flippers loosen up, but so far so good. At 550 plays.

#4380 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I'm happy with how lucky I have been with my first pin. I haven't had any issues with my Foo Pro (knock on a wood playfield). Well, only a minor tweak to a switch arm was needed to make sure the left ramp registered every ball. Other than that, its been pretty flawless. I keep checking the bolts and screws underneath expecting to see something on the flippers loosen up, but so far so good. At 550 plays.

You’re usually pretty safe going with Stern.

#4381 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

By and large, Stern puts out a good product, so aside from notoriously crappy coil stops, the vast majority of customers for Stern are unaffected. But Stern pin QA goes wrong, it goes REALLY wrong, like the machine with node overcurrent errors from bad sockets right out of the box, which should EASILY have been visible with anyone actually reading the screen at boot when the factory QA'd it.

#4382 11 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

They scalp games without notice. You got lucky.

Quoted from javagrind888:

They did it to me on a Godzilla premium I preordered. I refused them and told them I'd spread it every time their business name came up.

Quoted from blimpey:

Interesting that I had a similar experience with a Mando LE ordered thru them. Very disappointed in the business practice I experienced as a repeat customer, who is no longer.
You can’t screw people and not have it catch up with you Operation Pinball. Not an isolated situation.

Couldn't figure out the downvote on such an innocuous post.... now I understand. Thanks.

#4383 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

By and large, Stern puts out a good product, so aside from notoriously crappy coil stops, the vast majority of customers for Stern are unaffected. But Stern pin QA goes wrong, it goes REALLY wrong, like the machine with node overcurrent errors from bad sockets right out of the box, which should EASILY have been visible with anyone actually reading the screen at boot when the factory QA'd it.

You’re telling me! Freaking $9500 on a premium only to spend hours diagnosing a bad socket with PinMonk by my side thank goodness

#4384 11 months ago

This game is absolutely brutal.

#4385 11 months ago

FYI: My lower right target and rock-o-meter exit switches had the wires switched from the factory. Explains why I was having trouble getting my playfield multiplier going on demand and the short plunge skill shot never worked.

Pic below is the incorrect wiring. Lower right target should be white/orange and rock-o-meter should be white/yellow.
2095662F-5096-44A9-A1F2-279398C241B9 (resized).jpeg2095662F-5096-44A9-A1F2-279398C241B9 (resized).jpeg

#4386 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

FYI: My lower right target and rock-o-meter exit switches had the wires switched from the factory. Explains why I was having trouble getting my playfield multiplier going on demand and the short plunge skill shot never worked.
Pic below is the incorrect wiring. Lower right target should be white/orange and rock-o-meter should be white/yellow.
[quoted image]

New stream coming soon?

#4387 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

This game is absolutely brutal.

Make sure you are not flailing....slow down and trap up when you can. TMNT is like this too. Its super hard to hit the van ramp on the fly from the right flipper. If you try to hit that ramp on the fly, you have about a 60% chance of drilling the post and rocket draining between the flippers.

#4388 11 months ago

5 clicks at boot up .

IMG_6105 (resized).jpegIMG_6105 (resized).jpeg
#4389 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

New stream coming soon?

Season 2 of SlapDrain starts back up in the fall. The heat in my garage and grueling work load make it very hard to keep a regular stream schedule going during the summer months. I miss streaming already and cant wait to get back to it.

#4390 11 months ago

Really addicted to nudging the Lightning Kicker and collecting Bolts .Really cool part of this code .

#4391 11 months ago

Backhand the van shot is probably the safest way

#4392 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

5 clicks at boot up .
[quoted image]

Thanks. Added to the 52CG21 inductor click file.

#4393 11 months ago

Did you make it to the Third Overlord MB (The Pretender) in that game too? I've made it through all the cities and Foobot in the same game on a few occasions but not with the 3rd Overlord MB completed. That one usually eludes me. I've made it there in other games when I've specifically tried for it but not when completing all 8 Cities and Foobot. If they make that a requirement along with the forthcoming Combotron MB I think that is enough depth to get to the main wizard mode. Hopefully they also put in a grand wizard mode for hitting the Supers in Austin, DC, Foobot, and Overlord too.

#4394 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Season 2 of SlapDrain starts back up in the fall. The heat in my garage and grueling work load make it very hard to keep a regular stream schedule going during the summer months. I miss streaming already and cant wait to get back to it.

Ah bummer. Maybe just some recorded play sessions uploaded to YouTube!

#4395 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. Added to the 52CG21 inductor click file.

Adding to your list PinMonk
Jurassic Park Prem. May 5 Build.
Video of clicks:
https://imgur.com/gallery/UopT7rF

I’d say close to 40 clicks.

IMG_1720 (resized).jpegIMG_1720 (resized).jpeg

#4396 11 months ago

In!

IMG_1384 (resized).jpegIMG_1384 (resized).jpeg
#4397 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I’m going to have to check this out .I was just looking for something to watch while I’m resting from the lineup .Walked the 4 dogs then had a very tense 2 hour session and need a break .I got them good tonight .All of them

IMG_6127 (resized).pngIMG_6127 (resized).pngIMG_6128 (resized).pngIMG_6128 (resized).png
#4398 11 months ago

Just looked at my BALLS and Playfield after only about 100 plays... The balls take a BEATING on this game, lol... I have to change them out already - they are beat to hell. I have already put felt on the auto plunger, hoping that would help from day 1...

Also - PF seems to have a lot of ball scratches already. Waxed it and cleaned rubbers... Ready to go a bit more.

Is anyone else this anal with looking at the playfield?

#4399 11 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Just looked at my BALLS and Playfield after only about 100 plays... The balls take a BEATING on this game, lol... I have to change them out already - they are beat to hell. I have already put felt on the auto plunger, hoping that would help from day 1...
Also - PF seems to have a lot of ball scratches already. Waxed it and cleaned rubbers... Ready to go a bit more.
Is anyone else this anal with looking at the playfield?

Nah ,I just lightly clean regularly and deep clean and wax every 250 .Change balls out as needed . I used to be until I took apart my IMDN completely after 1200 plays .I cleaned everything and replaced what was needed and the thing looked like it just slid out of the box .

#4400 11 months ago

After watching Rayday explain everything on stream I now realize there are so many more risk/reward point chases then just modes and multiballs. Amazing amount of different strategies. I still need to better understand Lightning Bolts thought.

This is the best new Stern experience I have had in a long time. I do tend to like faster games that punish mistakes though. I like it much more than GZ because when I missed in GZ I got to wait 3 seconds for the ball to come back down to save it. This is an amazing time to be a pinhead with two games like GZ and FF to suit the type of play that you prefer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.