9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 266.
#4151 11 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Where did everyone land on the PDB clicking? Is this just an annoyance or is there actually an issue? Has anyone reached out to Stern to see what they say?

Mine is just a couple of clicks. No mods.

#4152 10 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

4 was pure ass on my LE, definitely not going back to that.

Try my settings. If you only switch to 4, but change nothing else - agreed, it’s ass. Try my settings. It’s clear, clean, rich, bassy. If you still think it’s ass, go back. My settings take advantage of the LE speakers. Leaving it on 8 doesn’t.

#4153 10 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

8 sounds better but I feel better running 4. Going to try these new settings or probably end up going pinwoofer where a real amp makes all the difference.

Hey DCfoodfreak ! I think the below article may put some teeth on what you're saying:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-spike2-speaker-impedance-mismatch/

Here's a supporting comment, before and after PinWoofer:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/43#post-7560375

You'll love the outcome we give you!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

A_SSK (resized).jpgA_SSK (resized).jpg
#4154 10 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey DCfoodfreak ! I think the below article may put some teeth on what you're saying:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-spike2-speaker-impedance-mismatch/
Here's a supporting comment, before and after PinWoofer:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/43#post-7560375
You'll love the outcome we give you!
Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Do you ever run any sales/specials? I have your kit on my GZ and love it. Looking to get one on my FFLE as well.

#4155 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That spinner is packed tight in that lane for sure .I was thinking of putting a rubber wedge in between the right side of the bracket and the Overlord base .Another thing the right side bearing was scratching up the plastic so I lubed it up with my secret sauce and man does it rip now
[quoted image]

You need to use P21S to wax your playfields instead of what you're using now.

#4156 10 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Where did everyone land on the PDB clicking? Is this just an annoyance or is there actually an issue? Has anyone reached out to Stern to see what they say?

Stern says "live with it" but will swap if pressed under warranty (apparently). Haven't zoned in on the part causing it, but I have a "bad" batch new board coming to see if it clicks for me, so I can narrow this down.

#4157 10 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Target rejects are brutal fast back at you (maybe I should turn down the flippers or would it make it up the big ramp?)
Sling to outlane, brutal (maybe turn down the slings)
not necessarily cheap drains, but so fast it's nuts.
I think it's a top game for sure, but is it the GZ/JP that could survive as the only game, or in a small collection?
I'm not a pro (never competed), but I consider myself pretty good, had a few 500+M games, got to the Austin/DC mini-wizard and then a mode or two, and I do keep getting drawn back (so I know it's got the good DNA), just to get annoyed by shooting white arrows over and over! I do see a path to getting through the game, so maybe it's not too hard, just need to play more.

What's your PF pitch? I was originally at the 7.0 Jack recommended, but backed it off to 6.8 and it felt a lot better and less brutal.

#4158 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern says "live with it" but will swap if pressed under warranty (apparently). Haven't zoned in on the part causing it, but I have a "bad" batch new board coming to see if it clicks for me, so I can narrow this down.

Maybe they'll just make the fan louder to cover up the clicking sound

#4159 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Try my settings. If you only switch to 4, but change nothing else - agreed, it’s ass. Try my settings. It’s clear, clean, rich, bassy. If you still think it’s ass, go back. My settings take advantage of the LE speakers. Leaving it on 8 doesn’t.

I can do that. I'll try them in a few, and see how it goes.

#4160 10 months ago

Just had an interesting game with the ball getting stuck captured at the Overlord. I know many of us have experienced this bug, but each time I've had it, there has been a multiball that drained or ended just before. This time I was in New Orleans and the shot was lit at the Overlord so I made it. The gate closed and it captured the ball and just kept it. Just like always, on the second ball search it released the gate and the ball was returned to play. Snapped this pic between the first two ball searches, you can see it trapped in the Overlord and the prompt on the screen to shoot the Overlord to finish New Orleans.
IMG_2765 (resized).JPGIMG_2765 (resized).JPG

#4161 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What master volume do you find yourself set at, with these settings? Assuming normal room noise, etc.

#4162 10 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Do you ever run any sales/specials? I have your kit on my GZ and love it. Looking to get one on my FFLE as well.

Great to know you are enjoying GZ!

Historically on Black Friday and an occasional flash sale on JJP products, but nothing now and nothing planned.

In fact, we are facing cost pressures like everyone else and while we have held our pricing at current levels for the past 18+ months, we expect to raise prices in the future. Don't know when.

Thanks for asking!

Dan
[email protected]

#4163 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Maybe they'll just make the fan louder to cover up the clicking sound

No shit. I can hear it half way across the house!

#4164 10 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

What master volume do you find yourself set at, with these settings? Assuming normal room noise, etc.

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpgSpinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven (resized).jpg
#4165 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Just had an interesting game with the ball getting stuck captured at the Overlord. I know many of us have experienced this bug, but each time I've had it, there has been a multiball that drained or ended just before. This time I was in New Orleans and the shot was lit at the Overlord so I made it. The gate closed and it captured the ball and just kept it. Just like always, on the second ball search it released the gate and the ball was returned to play. Snapped this pic between the first two ball searches, you can see it trapped in the Overlord and the prompt on the screen to shoot the Overlord to finish New Orleans.
[quoted image]

Same:

IMG_2889 (resized).jpegIMG_2889 (resized).jpegIMG_2890 (resized).jpegIMG_2890 (resized).jpegIMG_2891 (resized).jpegIMG_2891 (resized).jpeg
#4166 10 months ago

Pic from the show last night. Looks like a UFO to me:

IMG_2976 (resized).pngIMG_2976 (resized).pngIMG_2977 (resized).jpegIMG_2977 (resized).jpeg
#4167 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

[quoted image]

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Same:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think this is due to the standup targets in front of the Overlord area drifting. Put your game in switch test and really hammer on those two targets in front of the Overlord and see if anything weird happens in terms of other switches registering. I used to have this issue but after adjusting my standups it went away.

#4168 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Credit due. This worked. Back to the sound of 8ohm but staying on 4. Volume around 30 vs on 8ohm at 20.

But yeah this game deserves the Pinwoofer treatment. Sorry for the constant hype but went through this with Godzilla.

#4169 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think this is due to the standup targets in front of the Overlord area drifting. Put your game in switch test and really hammer on those two targets in front of the Overlord and see if anything weird happens in terms of other switches registering. I used to have this issue but after adjusting my standups it went away.

What kind of adjustment did you make to the standups? You think one is being clipped on the way in and triggering the ball capture?

#4170 10 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

But yeah this game deserves the Pinwoofer treatment. Sorry for the constant hype but went through this with Godzilla.

There's no question this game is totally worth putting a Pinwoofer setup in. Just like GZ. I ended up with an external sub as well just to round out the bottom but it sounds amazing!

#4171 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

What kind of adjustment did you make to the standups? You think one is being clipped on the way in and triggering the ball capture?

I think the metal on the switch was shorting against the metal on the Overlord cage. I removed the switches from the bottom with a nut driver and then straightened and tightened them up using the same 1/4"nut driver.

Before doing that though really pound on them and hit them repeatedly in test mode. Mine was causing all kinds of errant switches to register before I adjusted them.

#4172 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the metal on the switch was shorting against the metal on the Overlord cage. I removed the switches from the bottom with a nut driver and then straightened and tightened them up using the same 1/4" nutdriver.

OK, will have to have a look at that. Mine keep tilting to the side. They have the U-shaped supports in back but will have to see if they can be tightened while I'm in there.

#4173 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to use P21S to wax your playfields instead of what you're using now.

Jus spent $40 on a can of wax… dont let me down. Lol

#4174 10 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Astroglide is the way to go!

#4175 10 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that's really cool, and I can tell that's going to turn out really dope. Maybe some other company should hire you to 3D print anyways (lol), looking forward to your final product!

Foo Fighter Tour Van MOD

Finally got back to the FF Tour Van Mod that I started 6 weeks ago.... ok, so I got behind because I was playing the FF LE that showed up instead of working. Well here it is! Since the ramp is identical on all models this will easily fits PRO/PREM/LE editions with installation taking only a few minutes. I will also be adding several variations over the next few weeks.

LOVE how this looks in the shop PRO edition and the home LE!
FFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MOD

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4176 10 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

I’ll double check when I go out and turn it on again, but I think like 40 or so?

#4177 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think this might have happened on yours, but I'm pretty sure there's a code bug there also. When you originally posted this I did as you suggested hammering on my targets and there was no issue with them. But I occasionally get the lockup bug and it often happens when a multiball has been run and/or the 2nd to last shot for a mode is at the overlord. The pattern of when and how it seems to happen suggests there's a bug in the code, as well as whatever was going on with your targets.

#4178 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ll double check when I go out and turn it on again, but I think like 40 or so?

OK, just making sure I wasn't losing my mind, because I had to crank it pretty high. Thanks RH!

#4179 10 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This game is gorgeous but gets a meh rating from me so far. Outlines are terrible off the slings especially. Any missed shots are punishing, both SDTM and outlanes. Design looks cool on paper. Pretty frustrating to play. Higher degree of difficulty than say AC/DC. I wanted to throw that machine in the street the week after I got it, but it then became one of my absolute favorites, so I guess there's hope.

I'm with you. The amount of balls that find the outlanes is staggering. I'm not giving up, I might even try a Prem, but damn, so far the first two weeks have been very frustrating. It feels like the playfield is high in the middle and the sides dip down with magnets on the outlanes. It drains that often SMH. I'll push on and hope I can snap the frustration

#4180 10 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Foo Fighter Tour Van MOD
Finally got back to the FF Tour Van Mod that I started 6 weeks ago.... ok, so I got behind because I was playing the FF LE that showed up instead of working. Well here it is! Since the ramp is identical on all models this will easily fits PRO/PREM/LE editions with installation taking only a few minutes. I will also be adding several variations over the next few weeks.
LOVE how this looks in the shop PRO edition and the home LE!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

May I ask a question?

Why does this look so much better than the stuff used in GTF?

#4181 10 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

May I ask a question?
Why does this look so much better than the stuff used in GTF?

Fuck*s given?

#4182 10 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

One tub of P21S will last you for YEARS and has great performance and no white residue to wipe off. My go-to wax.

#4183 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Agree 100%. When I played it at TPF, I thought it was going to be like GZ (to some extent in the fast flow/fun part) but after putting plays on it the layout is "good" but super frustrating. And not to say that this isn't a good game, it's just not the game I thought it was going to be for a long term keeper in my house.
Kind of makes me wish I would have waited and bought used, but sometimes it's fun to have a new release game and just eat the $$ that goes with it- so no regrets. Loving the music and the family likes the freshness of the game.

Complete opposite for me - I couldn’t stand Gz, it punished me for missed shots as well as perfect shots. I felt like the layout was just a loser and should not take 100 tweaks bends etc. to get it to play right. I couldn’t wait for someone to buy it, and its code was finished on that game, and I will never regret it. I’m loving this game and I’m thinking the code will only get better!

#4184 10 months ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I'm with you. The amount of balls that find the outlanes is staggering. I'm not giving up, I might even try a Prem, but damn, so far the first two weeks have been very frustrating. It feels like the playfield is high in the middle and the sides dip down with magnets on the outlanes. It drains that often SMH. I'll push on and hope I can snap the frustration

I’ve been there! Took a couple of days off and somehow I’m playing so much better. The ball is wild. Who knows!

#4185 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey LE owners, I’ve tweaked my audio settings from my previous post a bit & am pretty happy with them. My Rush settings that I copied over lacked some bass & were a bit too high treble for my tastes - but this sounds really nice & rich to me. The music attenuation brings up the music levels so the callouts feel more balanced. Try this out, let me know what you think:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m digging it. I think I will stay at 4 as well. Thank you Sir.

#4186 10 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Stern said no big deal to me. My game crashed this evening while trying to boot (it booted right after and we played several issue-free games) so I'm doubting that's great...

#4187 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the metal on the switch was shorting against the metal on the Overlord cage. I removed the switches from the bottom with a nut driver and then straightened and tightened them up using the same 1/4"nut driver.
Before doing that though really pound on them and hit them repeatedly in test mode. Mine was causing all kinds of errant switches to register before I adjusted them.

Can't reproduce by banging on the standups on either side of the Overlord on my machine in switch test. Will continue to monitor but interested in whatever adjustment you made to the standup targets!

#4188 10 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Stern said no big deal to me. My game crashed this evening while trying to boot (it booted right after and we played several issue-free games) so I'm doubting that's great...

I'd go back and explain that your game is crashing at startup now after excessive clicks. BEST CASE scenario, some component or components on that board are performing at the low end of spec, and time may push that to straight up bad board territory.

I have a brand new 52CG21 inductor PDB board coming tomorrow. If I can't get that one to click (I'm hoping the pattern holds and that inductor is the click flag) in my Foo, I'd be willing to trade that brand new PDB for your click-o-rama one. That way I'll have a known test case board at the far end of bad, with some of the most clicks reported.

#4189 10 months ago

I would take You up on that but My machine hasnt clicked for multiple start ups over 3 days.

#4190 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I would take You up on that but My machine hasnt clicked for multiple start ups over 3 days.

Mine is hit or miss on the clicks too (seems more often than not it clicks A LOT, but sometimes it's less/zero) but the crash tonight was a first.

#4191 10 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:I’ll double check when I go out and turn it on again, but I think like 40 or so?

Quoted from Capn12:

OK, just making sure I wasn't losing my mind, because I had to crank it pretty high. Thanks RH!

This really brings out the highs. You can hear the individual cymbals now.

#4192 10 months ago

Mine is hit or miss on the clicks too (seems more often than not it clicks A LOT, but sometimes it's less/zero) but the crash tonight was a first.

I plug my machines and gaming consoles into a voltage regulators. I know for me some of my outlets don't provide constant adequate power at 120v. It was causing some of my electronics to act like there are straining for power. For example my PS5 would make humming noises and then stopped once I plugged it into the regulator.

Just a thought.

Screenshot_20230525-223114~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230525-223114~2 (resized).png
#4193 10 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Can't reproduce by banging on the standups on either side of the Overlord on my machine in switch test. Will continue to monitor but interested in whatever adjustment you made to the standup targets!

The adjustment I made was removing all of the stand-ups in my game using a 1/4" driver from the underside (2 screws each). Then I loosen up the two machine screws on each target a slight bit and then make sure the targets are straight, and then tighten them down. These weren't torqued enough from the factory which is why they drift in gameplay.

The left standup in mine was really close to touching the side of the metal mech. The metal on the back of the target is also really close to hitting the soldered connection for the red wire for the fork opto. On really hard hits to this target I think it was making contact with either that opto joint or the mech itself which was causing mayhem. In switch test if I pushed it softly repeatedly it wasn't an issue but if I pushed it really hard (like a ball would hitting it full speed) that's when it would exhibit the weird switch behavior.

20230525_211122 (resized).jpg20230525_211122 (resized).jpg20230525_211335 (resized).jpg20230525_211335 (resized).jpg20230525_211447 (resized).jpg20230525_211447 (resized).jpg
#4194 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Played this morning, 49 clicks. Turned off, restarted, 51. First time it's ever done this

#4195 10 months ago

I have an issue with my FOO LE where it will randomly send 2 balls into the shooter lane usually at the start of a game, but not always. This happens less than 10% of the time. I checked all the connections on the board mounted near the ball feed solenoid and they’re all seated. I had this problem a long time ago on my Stern Star Wars and it was due to a loose molex connector from the coin box bumping it. Any ideas on what to look for?

#4196 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The adjustment I made was removing all of the stand-ups in my game using a 1/4" driver from the underside (2 screws each). Then I loosen up the two machine screws on each target a slight bit and then make sure the targets are straight, and then tighten them down. These weren't torqued enough from the factory which is why they drift in gameplay.
The left standup in mine was really close to touching the side of the metal mech. The metal on the back of the target is also really close to hitting the soldered connection for the red wire for the fork opto. On really hard hits to this target I think it was making contact with either that opto joint or the mech itself which was causing mayhem. In switch test if I pushed it softly repeatedly it wasn't an issue but if I pushed it really hard (like a ball would hitting it full speed) that's when it would exhibit the weird switch behavior.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For example, this was a single shot left, new plunge and lob to the lock. Then wait for the second or third ball save to release. To finish the city I had to lock again.

IMG_2979 (resized).jpegIMG_2979 (resized).jpeg
#4197 10 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I plug my machines and gaming consoles into a voltage regulators. I know for me some of my outlets don't provide constant adequate power at 120v. It was causing some of my electronics to act like there are straining for power. For example my PS5 would make humming noises and then stopped once I plugged it into the regulator.
Just a thought.
[quoted image]

I plug all of my newer games into an APC Smart UPS 2200.

20230525_225128 (resized).jpg20230525_225128 (resized).jpg
#4198 10 months ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I have an issue with my FOO LE where it will randomly send 2 balls into the shooter lane usually at the start of a game, but not always. This happens less than 10% of the time. I checked all the connections on the board mounted near the ball feed solenoid and they’re all seated. I had this problem a long time ago on my Stern Star Wars and it was due to a loose molex connector from the coin box bumping it. Any ideas on what to look for?

Check switches in the ball trough and shooter lane. It sounds like one may not be registering like it should

#4199 10 months ago

I plug all of my newer games into an APC Smart UPS 2200.
[quoted image]

So no change???

#4200 10 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

So no change???

I'm not sure what you mean. I've never not plugged Foo into my UPS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 266.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/84?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.