PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 267.
#3501 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

That is most likely it but I am done doing Sterns FN job. This is now laughable how immature and frankly broken their processes are. For gods sake if you cant afford to produce it in the US with quality, outsource the dam manufacturing. How many iPhones need to go back? CGC doesn't have this crazy QA less shiz that I have experienced.

I don't disagree with the frustration, but CGC has has major QA screwups. AfM machines that went out screened with the wrong color (nude instead of neon orange on the whole playfield, wherever it was supposed to be the neon orange) then tried to say it was "okay" because it was a difference due to it being handmade. Um, no. That didn't fly. In the end they ate them, but that was a big one.

AfMr-Screen-error-comparison (resized).jpgAfMr-Screen-error-comparison (resized).jpg

And Stern is likely doing more volume than everyone else combined. So it's HARDER to do QA properly. I'm not excusing them, just pointing out that the other manufacturers have way less volume, yet ALL have QA faults to varying degrees (AP is right now playing warranty hardball with a $50 item on a months-old machine that had issues from the factory the first owner didn't know about - Stern would cover this on such a new machine for the 2nd owner, no problem).

#3502 11 months ago

Is it just my shaker motor, or does this game not hardly shake at all? I have shakers on all my games. Installed the exact same way. Even on maximum use it’s barely noticeable. How’s everyone else’s shaker?

#3503 11 months ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Is it just my shaker motor, or does this game not hardly shake at all? I have shakers on all my games. Installed the exact same way. Even on maximum use it’s barely noticeable. How’s everyone else’s shaker?

Mine on an LE is pretty shake-y. Maybe adjust the arms on yours to make it rumblier.

#3504 11 months ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

At max, I’m getting plenty. Code isn’t done yet either. May be more to come.

#3505 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't disagree with the frustration, but CGC has has major QA screwups. AfM machines that went out screened with the wrong color (nude instead of neon orange on the whole playfield, wherever it was supposed to be the neon orange) then tried to say it was "okay" because it was a difference due to it being handmade. Um, no. That didn't fly. In the end they ate them, but that was a big one.
[quoted image]
And Stern is likely doing more volume than everyone else combined. So it's HARDER to do QA properly. I'm not excusing them, just pointing out that the other manufacturers have way less volume, yet ALL have QA faults to varying degrees (AP is right now playing warranty hardball with a $50 item on a months-old machine that had issues from the factory the first owner didn't know about - Stern would cover this on such a new machine for the 2nd owner, no problem).

Plenty of issues in the cactus thread, mine has been perfect, but they are not bulletproof either..and just doesn't play like a stern

#3506 11 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey all!
You can mount the amplifier aft of the lock fin as was shown above, next to the woofer. If you go this route, please be mindful of any under-playfield obstruction that might cut your skin should you reach in with the playfield in the down position (granted, unlikely, but still). Also, not all of the Spike have a voltage inter-lock switch, meaning, there is potentially 48VDC active under the playfield when the coin door is open.
Mounting at the coin box location is more convenient and there is another benefit. Specifically, the coin box can tend to rattle audibly at high volume which is why we recommend removing it altogether. (Acknowledging that some guys like to store goodies in the coin box, but many have a side-box of game parts and documentation anyway.)
Determine the use model that works best for you.
Hopefully these are minor considerations when compared to the epic improvement in your audio experience!
Thanks,
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

Thanks all for the quick replies. Think I’ll give it a go like Desmodromic then move it if I get the rattles.

#3507 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Plenty of issues in the cactus thread, mine has been perfect, but they are not bulletproof either..and just doesn't play like a stern

Definitely not like one of the last few Stern’s is right. Despite my frustration, this game is like the devils playground meaning it takes the best attributes of many of the greats and rolls them all in one. An ode to pinball from a true fan of the game. And the Foo Fighters Fen Rock!

#3508 11 months ago

In the club with a pro and could not be more pumped. On reveal I was a little concerned that the modes would be too long, but the code fixes up to this point have me quite satisfied. Great variety of objectives, and I can't help but dance when the beginning of Bot Frenzy starts.

Still not entirely sure some of the rules line up with what I am experiencing in game (first shot hit on New Orleans doesn't always unlight everything else, for example), and the right ramp is destroying me in a good way, but it's pure fun overall. Can't wait to see where this game ends up because it's killer as is.

#3509 11 months ago

How can I sleep when 12 hours from now Foo arrives?

#3510 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

In the club with a pro and could not be more pumped. On reveal I was a little concerned that the modes would be too long, but the code fixes up to this point have me quite satisfied. Great variety of objectives, and I can't help but dance when the beginning of Bot Frenzy starts.
Still not entirely sure some of the rules line up with what I am experiencing in game (first shot hit on New Orleans doesn't always unlight everything else, for example), and the right ramp is destroying me in a good way, but it's pure fun overall. Can't wait to see where this game ends up because it's killer as is.

Upgrading the van weapon makes the modes almost too easy. You can literally come into a mode and need to make 1 shot to finish it if you have the van weapon maxed out before entering.

#3511 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Upgrading the van weapon makes the modes almost too easy. You can literally come into a mode and need to make 1 shot to finish it if you have the van weapon maxed out before entering.

Yeah, I think the shortest I've gotten a mode down to so far is 3 shots. It's a nice gimme to start the game like "We've Got One" on Ghostbusters, but I've also had plenty of chaotic drains trying to chase the van upgrades, too. I'm actually surprised at how fun I've found that element of the layout - I figured I'd just let the modulator paddle happen occasionally, and yet here I am spamming it to open every game.

#3512 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yeah, I think the shortest I've gotten a mode down to so far is 3 shots. It's a nice gimme to start the game like "We've Got One" on Ghostbusters, but I've also had plenty of chaotic drains trying to chase the van upgrades, too. I'm actually surprised at how fun I've found that element of the layout - I figured I'd just let the modulator paddle happen occasionally, and yet here I am spamming it to open every game.

Side benefit is the paddle lights the battery, which opens up 2x and 3x by making successive right orbits. Lots of stacking possibilities already, which is great. Tanio bringing that Deadpool learnin' to Foo.

#3513 11 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

My flipper buttons definitely bind up. It feels like it clicks when I push them in. I feel like something needs to get sanded smooth. Any remedy for this besides just getting a new buttons?

Mine did too..I did ABE_FLIPS fix and mine are smooth as butter now...

#3514 11 months ago
Quoted from drum412:

Anyone else remodel your home specifically to fit another pin??? I did!! Adding another 32" extension to the gamroom section of the basement and building a utility room to hide the furnace. Been milking the basement project out for years, but as soon as I saw Jacks stream of FF, that gave me the kick in the a$$ to get this project moving! Now i just need my Premium FF to from Jason at Classic Game Rooms to ship. I'm going nuts watching everyone elses games.......even the ones with problems.........At this point I can only dream of being able to fix my own Foo Pin...lol.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You’re a sick man and I mean sick in the good way

#3515 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

First run? Premiums have been showing up for a while now...

Second run is later this summer.

#3516 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, but how many (super dangerous) drop / paddle shots did it take to max upgrade your Van??

#3517 11 months ago

I highly suggest raising the playfield and tightening all the black/hex machine screws that hold the coil stops in place prior to hitting start .

#3518 11 months ago

I’ve never seen these used before .

IMG_5501 (resized).pngIMG_5501 (resized).png
#3519 11 months ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I have one and to be honest I don’t even notice it. I don’t think it shakes all that often.

#3520 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's true that a maxed van can make a mode really quick, BUT... I have lost all 3 balls shooting the van targets. They aren't a gimmie. They aren't entirely safe from either flipper, and hitting the rubber post on either side can create a lightning quick drain. I usually try to get as much as I can at the start of the ball while the ball saver is active.

#3521 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Same here. My success rate at completing van modes isn't very good, definitely below 50% and sometimes it even (sadly) takes me 3 tries complete one mode. So I definitely make hitting the van targets part of my strategy. It makes a big difference if you can get the upgrades first! It can also end your game prematurely.

#3522 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

It's true that a maxed van can make a mode really quick, BUT... I have lost all 3 balls shooting the van targets. They aren't a gimmie. They aren't entirely safe from either flipper, and hitting the rubber post on either side can create a lightning quick drain. I usually try to get as much as I can at the start of the ball while the ball saver is active.

Have you tried hitting the center spinner orbit and letting the ball roll off an extended upper right flipper? I'm still waiting on my game, but that seemed to work to hit the van mods on location.

#3523 11 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Have you tried hitting the center spinner orbit and letting the ball roll off an extended upper right flipper? I'm still waiting on my game, but that seemed to work to hit the van mods on location.

That’s generally a good way to do it, but still not safe by any means. The ball will usually be out of control in that scenario also.

#3524 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

The thing that gets me more than the rubber posts is trying to snipe the paddle while 1 or 2 of the targets are still standing (to get bonus multiplier). When I do that and happen to hit the side of one of the standing drops, that is almost always an instant drain. It sure is satisfying though to sneak a ball in there and smack that paddle when at least 1 target is still standing...

#3525 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That’s generally a good way to do it, but still not safe by any means. The ball will usually be out of control in that scenario also.

Yeah, but at least it seems to be out of control around the right flipper, versus out of control coming straight down the middle, which seems to happen to me if I try to hit the shots directly. But like I said, I haven’t drilled it yet.

#3526 11 months ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

Yeah, but at least it seems to be out of control around the right flipper, versus out of control coming straight down the middle, which seems to happen to me if I try to hit the shots directly. But like I said, I haven’t drilled it yet.

I'd try shooting it from left flipper. If the drops are down, often it will ricochet off the paddle to the Rami U turn. If the drops are up, I still think it's much safer from the left flipper vs the lower right. The spinner to held upper flipper is ok, but you have zero accuracy if going for a specific drop or partial paddle.

#3527 11 months ago

I've had a number of cases now where the ball gets caught at the lip after one or more drops have fallen. I think the whole drop assembly can be raised a smidge? Twice we've had it where the drops fire back up and blast the ball into the glass, which feels like a sure fire way to bust a beautiful and expensive invisiglass.

Added 11 months ago:

Follow-Up: See my post here for step-by-step on how to adjust for this issue.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/72#post-7585406

#3528 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I've had a number of cases now where the ball gets caught at the lip after one or more drops have fallen. I think the whole drop assembly can be raised a smidge? Twice we've had it where the drops fire back up and blast the ball into the glass, which feels like a sure fire way to bust a beautiful and expensive invisiglass.

1) It's not gonna bust the glass
2) If your row of drops are a bit low yeah you should be able to adjust them via the drop assembly screws

#3529 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I highly suggest raising the playfield and tightening all the black/hex machine screws that hold the coil stops in place prior to hitting start .

And while you're in there, remove the (seemingly alloy?) screws, replace the coil stops with decent ones, and then tighten the screws, and never have to worry about inspecting your Stern for gold dust every 5 games! (Well, not NEVER, but...much longer than the Stern ones will last, likely)

#3530 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If the drops are down, often it will ricochet off the paddle to the Rami U turn.

This has been one of the most surprising shots for me - hadn't really experienced it on location before getting my pin home - and I find it wonderfully satisfying.

I know it's still the honeymoon phase, but this pin is phenomenal. I think the only thing I could hope to see in a later code update is making all songs available at the start. I'd really love to jump into Breakout, Learn To Fly, Run, or Something From Nothing from the get-go.

#3531 11 months ago

Has anyone heard anything about the bug ? .This weekend I’m going to put some time into video taping games but only when in NO’s mode as anything quirky happening seems to be in that mode .As far as I’ve seen anyway .

#3532 11 months ago

Is there a mode or time in the game where flipper power is reduced?

#3533 11 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Second run is later this summer.

Well, my question has been answered...just got invoiced this morning. Shipping today, Woot!

#3534 11 months ago

I actually have been totally ignoring the van modulator strategy and been scoring consistently .I just been playing my game and whatever perks I end up with is fine .I will shoot for the paddle ,but only when bare naked as when targets are up ,it is a risky shot no matter .I will of course explore the modulator strategy here and there to change things up and some of the funnest shots are the snipes for sure ,but using the prior ,Ive been consistently getting to at least the mini wizard most games .I have not cleared all 6 modes yet though and have yet to get into the lightning mode nor the FB MB I’ve just been missing that , I’m usually short by the torso , right leg or both .Time to get to work Sunday

#3535 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is there a mode or time in the game where flipper power is reduced?

Should be New Orleans but I don’t think there’s any .NO’s seemed should’ve had a few quirky things going on being it’s the city of “Voodoo” and Tanio is from there .Something cool would be the furthest shots light first and the flippers decrease as the shots move closer .

#3536 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone heard anything about the bug ? .This weekend I’m going to put some time into video taping games but only when in NO’s mode as anything quirky happening seems to be in that mode .As far as I’ve seen anyway .

Last night I drained before finishing NO after finishing Overlord MB. Started it again as I had one shot, Overlord was flashing, hit him and it locked the ball and displayed the text to finish by hitting the Overlord. Ball check, release, hit him again and fine.

#3537 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Last night I drained before finishing NO after finishing Overlord MB. Started it again as I had one shot, Overlord was flashing, hit him and it locked the ball and displayed the text to finish by hitting the Overlord. Ball check, release, hit him again and fine.

Definitely somehow related to the combination of a city mode + Overlord. In every case where I've seen it, the finishing shot for the city mode is when the ball gets captured and the game gets hung up.

#3538 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I actually have been totally ignoring the van modulator strategy and been scoring consistently .I just been playing my game and whatever perks I end up with is fine .I will shoot for the paddle ,but only when bare naked as when targets are up ,it is a risky shot no matter .I will of course explore the modulator strategy here and there to change things up and some of the funnest shots are the snipes for sure ,but using the prior ,Ive been consistently getting to at least the mini wizard most games .I have not cleared all 6 modes yet though and have yet to get into the lightning mode nor the FB MB I’ve just been missing that , I’m usually short by the torso , right leg or both .Time to get to work Sunday

FooBot Multiball is a riot. Hard to shoot anything with 6-ball chaos going on but super fun and the intro animations are cool.

#3539 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

FooBot Multiball is a riot. Hard to shoot anything with 6-ball chaos going on but super fun and the intro animations are cool.

I’m looking forward to it .I stopped watching the guys “1bil first ball “ stream when it got to that purposely .

#3540 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

That’s good to hear but as Pinmonk said , it’s a combination of hits in sequence causing it .I purposely pick NO’s first trip every game so I can hopefully bypass it for now .Maybe Stern will advertise a free pin to the person that finds it

#3541 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Definitely somehow related to the combination of a city mode + Overlord. In every case where I've seen it, the finishing shot for the city mode is when the ball gets captured and the game gets hung up.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I'm still a bit surprised Stern doesn't have a switch hit history to download for people to send in with bug reports. Seems like that would make it easier for them to find what's causing a bug.

It still happens on New Orleans a fair amount, both with and without MB having been played. And I've also had it a couple times on Chicago. Both times it happened in Chicago the 2nd to last shot to finish the city was lit at the overlord. I hit the shot and the forks came up holding the ball while the LCD said shoot the overlord to finish the mode. Ball search released it and then I shot it again to finish the mode.

#3542 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I had this happen a few times, but a couple of twists of the 2 screws on the bottom to raise the targets a hair has prevented it since.

#3543 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

.Maybe Stern will advertise a free pin to the person that finds it

Probably

#3544 11 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Impatiently waiting for my "first run" pemium over here....I hope I do not get bumped to the second run. I ordered within an hour of the game announcement too.

I just received my 'first run' premium last week. Build date is 4/20/2023. Yours is likely coming soon too.
I only found one minor issue so far, it was missing a bulb in the flasher on the right side of the playfield. Not sure how that was missed, but if that's the only issue I consider that lucky.

#3545 11 months ago

Here’s what the green legs that came with my premium look like.

IMG_0216 (resized).jpegIMG_0216 (resized).jpeg
#3546 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

You can also try hitting the drop targets on your skill shot to upgrade a bit safer. I also sometimes short plunge to a flipper and then shoot the drop targets for a super skill.

#3547 11 months ago

I am also impatiently waiting - I can't wait to get my hands on this one- I ordered within minutes of announcement- My first Stern Premium- JP and DP pro owner- I already ordered my pinwoofer kit for this bad boy- Hopefully we will see more premiums shipping soon

#3548 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

I had this happen a few times, but a couple of twists of the 2 screws on the bottom to raise the targets a hair has prevented it since.

Yep, just finishing that adjustment now, will make a post later with pics for any others who aren't familiar with how to adjust the end stop of the drop targets.

#3549 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Did you get a backglass also ?

#3550 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

post a full pick of the back box

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 13,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/71?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.