PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 267.
#3451 11 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

I must be getting the last LE off of the line. Anyone else still waiting?

On the bright side, maybe quality control caught something. Better late and great than first and turd. lol

#3452 11 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Prob won’t happen but I’d love to see songs from the new album put in the game. Especially at the beginning when you pick your song.

I would take all current songs being available at game start.

#3453 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Do you have a picture ?

FF Blank space (resized).jpgFF Blank space (resized).jpg
#3454 11 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

yes but my distro is always last. But no shipping fees or tax.

#3455 11 months ago

UK LE'S ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

Ok folks, any things to watch out for?

#3456 11 months ago

I like the new foo song. You can tell the first two songs are about Taylor.

#3457 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

UK LE'S ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

Yes,Dont start playing if You have other work to do.It has the one more game thing.

#3458 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yes,Dont start playing if You have other work to do.It has the one more game thing.

also see if You need to adjust the apron so the ball save post dumps the ball back onto and not into the right flipper.

#3459 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

UK LE'S ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

Broken solders, Van with wires not fastened correctly making contact with the ball, organic trash included as a gift, scratched legs, rough/sharp casting on the shooter nob, flipper buttons that have a bind in them, chipped glass on the edges, misaligned auto shooter, bot target stickers that were not applied correctly, dirt and in my case hair in the cab art, (All my Experiences thus far) others poor playfield color, Bad color on the backglass, apron adjust if ball is not generating enough momentum for the Dead Post.

#3460 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

UK LE'S ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

If you adjust the angle of the shooter lane guide (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/50#post-7565784), don't tighten down that nut too hard, snug is fine. I sheared the top off the post on mine and am waiting on a replacement post.

Once I replace it, I'm done fiddling with it.

#3461 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Broken solders, Van with wires not fastened correctly making contact with the ball, organic trash included as a gift, scratched legs, rough/sharp casting on the shooter nob, flipper buttons that have a bind in them, chipped glass on the edges, misaligned auto shooter, bot target stickers that were not applied correctly, dirt and in my case hair in the cab art, (All my Experiences thus far) others poor playfield color, Bad color on the backglass, apron adjust if ball is not generating enough momentum for the Dead Post.

So, nothing you're not already used to on every other Stern unboxing, Neil. Enjoy mate!

#3462 11 months ago

Good thing these are just toys and not cars or airplanes!

#3463 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

UK LE'S ARE HERE!!!!!!!!

Loose coil stops from the factory (some have fallen off in play). Double check all of them.

Pray you didn't lose the playfield lottery. Some have gone out with orange-peel, super-thin clearcoat.

And check the stickers on the probe targets. Some have little to no adhesive and the target stickers fall off (or have come off in shipping)

If your deadpost isn't bouncing the ball to the right flipper, you need to adjust the apron down a smidge. There's a keypost here on it.

It IS a beautiful LE!

#3464 11 months ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

So, nothing you're not already used to on every other Stern unboxing, Neil. Enjoy mate!

Basically. I hate to sound like a Stern apologist, but it's all the typical stuff when you buy any pinball machine. New or used.

#3465 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Basically. I hate to sound like a Stern apologist, but it's all the typical stuff when you buy any pinball machine. New or used.

For sure. They're hundreds of parts machines with tight tolerances. Fair to expect some hands on time regardless of manufacturer.

#3466 11 months ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but seems to happen every time I start the machine up. On a pro with the latest code. I have home team enabled for myself for insider connected. Turn the machine on, hold left flipper and it won't select home team. I have to start the first game and log in with my QR code. After that first game using home team seems to work fine.

Are you sure you setup Home Team properly in setup? What you describe is exactly how standard IC works (without home team). It remembers anyone (for a period of time) that manually scans in.

#3467 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Good thing these are just toys and not cars or airplanes!

A Kia Soul is only $5k more.

#3468 11 months ago

I agree with you, I think home team has the wrong setup

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Are you sure you setup Home Team properly in setup? What you describe is exactly how standard IC works (without home team). It remembers anyone (for a period of time) that manually scans in.

Play with standard adjustments in the low 50’s, those are the IC features.

Quoted from animesuperj:

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but seems to happen every time I start the machine up. On a pro with the latest code. I have home team enabled for myself for insider connected. Turn the machine on, hold left flipper and it won't select home team. I have to start the first game and log in with my QR code. After that first game using home team seems to work fine.

Here are Sterns instructions on how to setup home team

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Insider-Connected-Home-Team-Set-up-Guide.pdf

#3469 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

My flipper buttons definitely bind up. It feels like it clicks when I push them in. I feel like something needs to get sanded smooth. Any remedy for this besides just getting a new buttons?

#3470 11 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

My flipper buttons definitely bind up. It feels like it clicks when I push them in. I feel like something needs to get sanded smooth. Any remedy for this besides just getting a new buttons?

Look around the outside of the button that sits in the outer housing. Sometimes there's a piece of plastic left from the mold that causes that. Just slide an x-acto in there and trim it off.

#3471 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Look around the outside of the button that sits in the outer housing. Sometimes there's a piece of plastic left from the mold that causes that. Just slide an x-acto in there and trim it off.

I’ll check it later tonight. Thanks!

#3472 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

A Kia Soul is only $5k more.

Yeah, I’m not saying they’re cheap!

#3473 11 months ago

Seeing all the great reviews of the Pinwoofer, I am thinking about giving one a try on my FF Premium. Just watched an installation video, and it shows installing the amp where the coin box normally goes. Is that a requirement, or can I install it elsewhere in the cabinet? I don't want to pull out the coin boxes. I keep game-specific parts and such in those so that I don't lose them.

#3474 11 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Seeing all the great reviews of the Pinwoofer, I am thinking about giving one a try on my FF Premium. Just watched an installation video, and it shows installing the amp where the coin box normally goes. Is that a requirement, or can I install it elsewhere in the cabinet? I don't want to pull out the coin boxes. I keep game-specific parts and such in those so that I don't lose them.

No, you can put the amp wherever you like. I think they recommend it in the coinbox area because it's most easily accessible there. I put the mount on mine behind that first lateral board, over to the left of the cabinet speaker. Far enough back that I can glance in and see where stuff is set, but not so far back that it's hard to reach.

I do recommend using the bracket, I like that it's anchored to the cab and then the amp snaps into place. No problems with things rattling around in there, the cab speaker is REALLY pumping when you have it turned up. Easy to pop out and pull it forward if you ever have a need to, the harness is quite long. Ultimately, I find that I set them and leave them. I haven't touched the amp on my GZ or Bond in a long time. Still tiny tweaking on Foo but I expect not to need to touch it again any time soon.

Like you mentioned, I like to keep spares and machine-specific parts in the coinbox trays. Super handy and saves me putting them in a box or on a shelf somewhere.

IMG_2688 (resized).JPGIMG_2688 (resized).JPG

#3475 11 months ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

As far as I know, the Super Kit is designed to replace the coin box and the DIY kit is designed to go in the backbox (Dan can correct me if I'm wrong). For my FFLE, I did the DIY kit (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/65#post-7579423). On some of my other games, it replaces the coin box (which I was getting tired of). Like you, I prefer the coin box stay with the pin/parts.

#3476 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

No, you can put the amp wherever you like. I think they recommend it in the coinbox area because it's most easily accessible there. I put the mount on mine behind that first lateral board, over to the left of the cabinet speaker. Far enough back that I can glance in and see where stuff is set, but not so far back that it's hard to reach.
I do recommend using the bracket, I like that it's anchored to the cab and then the amp snaps into place. No problems with things rattling around in there, the cab speaker is REALLY pumping when you have it turned up. Easy to pop out and pull it forward if you ever have a need to, the harness is quite long. Ultimately, I find that I set them and leave them. I haven't touched the amp on my GZ or Bond in a long time. Still tiny tweaking on Foo but I expect not to need to touch it again any time soon.
Like you mentioned, I like to keep spares and machine-specific parts in the coinbox trays. Super handy and saves me putting them in a box or on a shelf somewhere.
[quoted image]

Your amp looks like it's actually touching the speaker enclosure (which I wouldn't like).

#3477 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Your amp looks like it's actually touching the speaker enclosure (which I wouldn't like).

It looks like it touches, but it 100% does not - for exactly the reasons I mentioned in my post. It's got a very long harness as you know, there's no reason you can't mount or place the amp wherever you prefer.

Works great there and has plenty of clearance on both sides. Nothing moves in this area aside from vibration and if the cab speaker vibrates laterally far enough to touch the bracket, I've got bigger problems.

IMG_2691 (resized).JPGIMG_2691 (resized).JPG

IMG_2690 (resized).JPGIMG_2690 (resized).JPG

#3478 11 months ago

Hey all!

You can mount the amplifier aft of the lock fin as was shown above, next to the woofer. If you go this route, please be mindful of any under-playfield obstruction that might cut your skin should you reach in with the playfield in the down position (granted, unlikely, but still). Also, not all of the Spike have a voltage inter-lock switch, meaning, there is potentially 48VDC active under the playfield when the coin door is open.

Mounting at the coin box location is more convenient and there is another benefit. Specifically, the coin box can tend to rattle audibly at high volume which is why we recommend removing it altogether. (Acknowledging that some guys like to store goodies in the coin box, but many have a side-box of game parts and documentation anyway.)

Determine the use model that works best for you.

Hopefully these are minor considerations when compared to the epic improvement in your audio experience!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

#3479 11 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Our scooby had sticking buttons. I removed the leaf switch and then hit the back of the button from the inside of the cab with a rubber mallet to pop the inside of the button out. Then I sanded the button and the inside of the housing. There was a minor plastic burr that was causing them to hang

#3480 11 months ago

Man, I have a FF pro, and have tried tweaking the normal audio settings and still wasn’t that happy. Yesterday I hooked up a Polk PSW10. Just used some alligator clips on a set of speaker wire, clipped it to the sub and plugged it into the Polk. It’s on like 30% and it’s an Amazing difference. And my master volume is only on 10. Best $60 I’ve ever spent (used on market place). Then I mentioned it to my buddy, and he has 2 of them collecting dust in his basement. Guess Iron Maiden and Avengers is getting upgraded too

#3481 11 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Man, I have a FF pro, and have tried tweaking the normal audio settings and still wasn’t that happy. Yesterday I hooked up a Polk PSW10. Just used some alligator clips on a set of speaker wire, clipped it to the sub and plugged it into the Polk. It’s on like 30% and it’s an Amazing difference. And my master volume is only on 10. Best $60 I’ve ever spent (used on market place). Then I mentioned it to my buddy, and he has 2 of them collecting dust in his basement. Guess Iron Maiden and Avengers is getting upgraded too

A sub can make a huge difference. It really made my Metallica a different game.

#3482 11 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

They will replace. It works just a major annoyance for a high-end machine. Almost like they used the cheap knockoff buttons from China you can get on Amazon.

#3483 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Our scooby had sticking buttons. I removed the leaf switch and then hit the back of the button from the inside of the cab with a rubber mallet to pop the inside of the button out. Then I sanded the button and the inside of the housing. There was a minor plastic burr that was causing them to hang

That is most likely it but I am done doing Sterns FN job. This is now laughable how immature and frankly broken their processes are. For gods sake if you cant afford to produce it in the US with quality, outsource the dam manufacturing. How many iPhones need to go back? CGC doesn't have this crazy QA less shiz that I have experienced. The game is amazing and groundbreaking, but man how hard do you kick your customers in the Nutz before they stop coming.

#3484 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Yeah, I’m not saying they’re cheap!

And it has a 10 year warranty and they do not make you drop the engine yourself for a warranty repair.

#3485 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

If you adjust the angle of the shooter lane guide (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/50#post-7565784), don't tighten down that nut too hard, snug is fine. I sheared the top off the post on mine and am waiting on a replacement post.
Once I replace it, I'm done fiddling with it.

I did the same bone headed thing. One would have thought the nylon bushing would strip before the (enter material here) bolt would shear clean off using the worlds smallest rachet. Good news without it, it may have improved auto launch consistency Really trying to see the positive side here folks. The le is beautiful even with a hair impregnated in the side art with a matching scratch in the leg (Replacement received)

#3486 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it’s FF green. Will probably leave it. Could be worse if I they delivered a pro with the green legs.

That reminds me of a story... Back when STLE came out like about two weeks before XMAS I picked mine up at Stern and while unboxing it I realized that one of the side decals had a scratch about 1" from the bottom running the entire length of the cabinet. They box them up by sliding them on a ramp that's at about a 45 degree decline and the ramp has polyester siderails to keep the errant pin from sliding off the side. Seems that some tiny little piece of dirt or something on the polyester ramp rail had caused the scratch.

I took pics before it was even out of the box and emailed Trent for an assist. He called me the next day and said to take it back to Stern and they'd fix it. So I head over and it was a Friday and everyone at the factory was wearing santa hats and sharing food, etc as it was their version of an office party. Suffice it to say, I had boxed up the pin but I didn't take back the set of legs because why bother? Stern was excellent to me while I waited for them to swap things out and get me back on the road. Steve Richie came by and we went to an office to chat for a time, and during that he offered to get me a translight from Dorthy in the parts dept and signed it for me with the classic, 'Play Better' that's his trademark.

I didn't realize till I got home that when they repacked the machine into my box they added another set of the LE legs. Boy that powder is pretty. I ended up installing them on my Circus Voltaire as the color of blue is a perfect match for the blue on CV's cabinet. So that's the story of how I came to own a CV with STLE Blue legs (and yes they're extra tall too but I'm 6'3" so that's a win for me.)

#3487 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

. The game is amazing and groundbreaking, but man how hard do you kick your customers in the Nutz before they stop coming.

Can't answer.
We aren't there yet.

#3488 11 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

Mine is tmrw finally

#3489 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine is tmrw finally

Finally got the call mine came into today but I can’t pick it up till Saturday

#3490 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

They will replace. It works just a major annoyance for a high-end machine. Almost like they used the cheap knockoff buttons from China you can get on Amazon.

Honestly I think all the buttons are like this now. No one makes “premium” buttons to my knowledge.

#3491 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

That is most likely it but I am done doing Sterns FN job. This is now laughable how immature and frankly broken their processes are. For gods sake if you cant afford to produce it in the US with quality, outsource the dam manufacturing. How many iPhones need to go back? CGC doesn't have this crazy QA less shiz that I have experienced. The game is amazing and groundbreaking, but man how hard do you kick your customers in the Nutz before they stop coming.

I understand the frustration, but the comparison with CGC is pretty misguided. If CGC were able to produce the number of machines Stern produces, I'm pretty certain they would have some QA issues. If Stern slowed production and focused on quality, I'm sure they could do better. Automating more could also improve quality, but Stern is a pretty old school manufacturer. Classic tradeoff. It's just a shame that Stern (and its distributors) don't do more for the games that fall through the cracks. I've bought a lot of NIB Stern's and in general the issues have been minor and I've been taken care of (by Stern and/or the distributor). The most dramatic "fix" Stern approved was to replace my AC/DC Premium with a fully populated PF. The new PF was fully installed by the distributor. Hard to complain about that type of service.

#3492 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I understand the frustration, but the comparison with CGC is pretty misguided. If CGC were able to produce the number of machines Stern produces, I'm pretty certain they would have some QA issues. If Stern slowed production and focused on quality, I'm sure they could do better. Automating more could also improve quality, but Stern is a pretty old school manufacturer. Classic tradeoff. It's just a shame that Stern (and its distributors) don't do more for the games that fall through the cracks. I've bought a lot of NIB Stern's and in general the issues have been minor and I've been taken care of (by Stern and/or the distributor). The most dramatic "fix" Stern approved was to replace my AC/DC Premium with a fully populated PF. The new PF was fully installed by the distributor. Hard to complain about that type of service.

Agree the new PF is the right thing to do after all the time it takes dealing with the parts department (apparently, they are absolutely slammed right now) and the lost playtime on your purchase. I see no value in any sacrifice in Quality. Most people don't care how the sausage is made. Give me 5k back and I will gladly finish the last 10% of the game. Charge me full price and by god it will be perfect in the END down to the last detail and I guarantee it will cost them far more post sale than taking a few extra minutes on the line to do it right. Definitely a poor culture on the floor where there is no incentive to raise the hand and alert of a issue to address it before it becomes a problem. A poorly run manufacturing process.

#3493 11 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I just did the same thing on my DP. Same sub. A little trick if you don’t know yet. You can utilize two pins with one sub when you plug one pin into the high level Left channel, and an adjacent pin on the right. And tweaking the 10 band EQ with playing with ohm settings can greatly help.

#3494 11 months ago

Anyone else remodel your home specifically to fit another pin??? I did!! Adding another 32" extension to the gamroom section of the basement and building a utility room to hide the furnace. Been milking the basement project out for years, but as soon as I saw Jacks stream of FF, that gave me the kick in the a$$ to get this project moving! Now i just need my Premium FF from Jason at Classic Game Rooms to ship. I'm going nuts watching everyone elses games.......even the ones with problems.........At this point I can only dream of being able to fix my own Foo Pin...lol.

20230123_202408~2 (resized).jpg20230123_202408~2 (resized).jpg20230420_205801~2 (resized).jpg20230420_205801~2 (resized).jpg20230425_061154~2 (resized).jpg20230425_061154~2 (resized).jpg20230517_205052~2 (resized).jpg20230517_205052~2 (resized).jpg

#3495 11 months ago

Well, I'm very happy my game needed nothing outside of rubbers and me buying better plastics for that left ramp.

#3496 11 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Impatiently waiting for my "first run" pemium over here....I hope I do not get bumped to the second run. I ordered within an hour of the game announcement too.

First run? Premiums have been showing up for a while now...

#3497 11 months ago

Ordered a Stern Spike shaker motor for my premium. Do most of you have a shaker in your machine? Fairly straightforward to set up?

#3498 11 months ago

Ordered a Stern Spike shaker motor for my premium. Do most of you have a shaker in your machine? Fairly straightforward to set up?

Yep, super easy install, check YouTube for some I call video if you find that helpful.

#3499 11 months ago

Easiest thing ever. Screw it in and run wire to the left board and you're good to go.

#3500 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Easiest thing ever. Screw it in and run wire to the left board and you're good to go.

Awesome. Thank you both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/70?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.