Stern office closed to FedEx @ 2:21pm?  (resized).png
PXL_20240415_213337782.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_6630 (resized).JPG
IMG_1734 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1733 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1744 (resized).png
IMG_1745 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 265.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I have started looking to if you could drill a hole in the pro, mount it in and go to the same pins on the board. Ya think the Pro code calls the pins or how about loading the Prem code?
Mentioning for a friend.

Quoted from Black_Knight:

You just have to link it to the overdrive light & outlane switch switch with a relay board. Easy Peasy.

Guys you can use the search function but this is talked about daily.

If you do this, you're gonna get 2 balls in play (because the ball save is gonna launch when you hit the outlane rollover switch), and when one of those drains you'll lose the ball.

The best you could possibly do is have a static always up post, disable the ball save in software (if its an option), and have a physical skill based ball save that doesn't interact with the code like they intended.

#252 1 year ago

To those who have played jurassic park and foo fighters. Is ii worth to sell jp for ff? Can’t have both.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from roeggel:

To those who have played jurassic park and foo fighters. Is ii worth to sell jp for ff? Can’t have both.

I think so, but that's just me. Better artwork by a mile, better theme integration, and way better shots in ff. But again, I'm aware this could be deemed a hot take

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

If you do this, you're gonna get 2 balls in play (because the ball save is gonna launch when you hit the outlane rollover switch), and when one of those drains you'll lose the ball. .

The Pro overdrive puts a ball in the shooter lane when the game detects it in the trough, so this isn't accurate.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The Pro overdrive puts a ball in the shooter lane when the game detects it in the trough, so this isn't accurate.

Bingo. It is almost perfectly waiting for a mod, if you insisted upon having it in your game.

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Quoted from Doctor6:

Bingo. It is almost perfectly waiting for a mod, if you insisted upon having it in your game.

Ok. Some games will ball save when the ball hits the outlane switch.
Soon as someone figured out the mod...expect that change in the code!

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok. Some games will ball save when the ball hits the outlane switch.
Soon as someone figured out the mod...expect that change in the code!

Really the difference (provided that doesn't get changed in the code) as I see it is on a potentially modded pro, you have 0% chance of losing your ball, as if the up-post save failed and you drained, the existing functionality detecting the ball in the trough would fire.

I'm curious if that's on a timer as well. In theory you could recover from a modded up post, flip the ball around a bit, have a normal drain, and maybe still get rewarded with a ball save.

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I think so, but that's just me. Better artwork by a mile, better theme integration, and way better shots in ff. But again, I'm aware this could be deemed a hot take

Haven't owned JP, but it was on our short list for a new pinball machine and we got to compare it with FF on location. In my wife's and my opinion, it didn't even come close to FF.

The only one that did was Godzilla prem, which we thought was a toss up between that and the FF pro. THAT'S how much we liked it. ‍♂️

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from roeggel:

FF is definitely more novice/family friendly in terms of shots and making progress.

JP will burn beginner/flipper flairers alive by comparison.

#261 1 year ago

Yes, dead post on the pro is either doing nothing but flare (if you make no software changes) or making it easier if it doesn't use overdrive because it didn't use the ball save in the trough.

Pros can be easier. DP makes every left orbit go in the pops and you start Disco MB much easier and faster.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Pros can be easier. DP makes every left orbit go in the pops and you start Disco MB much easier and faster.

Difference of opinion here-
Yeah disco way easier.
But,
You might drain out of the pops whereas a full orbit feed guarantees you a controlled flip on R flipper.

Standups to me also play more dangerously than drops.

My scores on my PremLE of DPs over the years owning several copies always trounced my pro scores.

back to decision question:
If I had to choose for a small collection home environment I would take FF over JP just because of the guest/novice factor. I’m always surprised how much love JP (great game) gets considering how difficult it is for novices.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’m always surprised how much love JP (great game) gets considering how difficult it is for novices.

This has also been my experience. People who come over gravitate to JP because it's a recognizable theme, and they get early joy out of starting T-Rex multiball. I don't think they have expectations of being good at pinball, so the difficulty doesn't really factor in.

If you have to choose one, I say hold onto JP for a bit longer if you generally host casuals and then pick up FF down the road - it's gonna be in production awhile. But if it's just you and you're a Foo fan, FF is probably the pick.

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think they should add a setting to allow for a random song to play at ball launch rather than the player having to select it.

Could just mash flipper button a bunch of times and do that though, no? Would be a good option though.

#265 1 year ago

Hell yeah. Nice work DeadFlip and team! Can't wait for my LE!

Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 6.40.26 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-02 at 6.40.26 PM (resized).png
#266 1 year ago

Got ours and loving it. It will be used for location launch parties in the area.
Great flow, feels friendly but hellah fast!

Had a top play and non-player over yesterday and both found reasons to love it.

I do keep games very long normally, but I loving it and is making an incredibly first impression.

02EF904F-E380-4F76-992B-ED887D534C8E (resized).jpeg02EF904F-E380-4F76-992B-ED887D534C8E (resized).jpeg56661474-F5EC-4FF9-8E3A-7308872166EB (resized).jpeg56661474-F5EC-4FF9-8E3A-7308872166EB (resized).jpegCB476682-D111-4A27-9F74-C30E1B5F7C0A (resized).jpegCB476682-D111-4A27-9F74-C30E1B5F7C0A (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#267 1 year ago

EDIT/ Update 2... - I figured it out. You get the Overdrive save only if you raise the left flipper AFTER the ball rolls over the left outlane switch. AND... it kicks a ball from the trough as soon as you raise the left flipper- so installing a dead post in a pro will cause 2 balls to end up on the playfield.

Not raising the left flipper at all or doing it before it hits the left outlane switch results in a virtual ball save but no overdrive bonus.

Confused yet?

-----------------

EDIT/Update... Now I'm not so sure. I kept testing this a bunch after I posted the original below and it did seem to start kicking a ball out of the trough as soon as it hit the left outlane switch on occasion.... should be cut and dry but now I'm confused.... wonder if it matters if the left flipper is held up before or after it rolls over that switch?
------------------

I just uploaded a quick video showing the "theoretical" behavior of what would happen if a Pro had a dead save post with the current code. TL:DR - It does not automatically kick a ball from the trough, so the issue of having two balls in the playfield at the same time does not seem to exist.

One thing I'm not sure about though... did I not get the bonus for holding up the left flipper when it drained down the left outlane?

One other note- If the regular ball save (not overdrive) is still lit when you do this, it will auto-shoot a ball from the trough as soon as the ball passes over the left outlane switch.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

EDIT/ Update 2... - I figured it out. You get the Overdrive save only if you raise the left flipper AFTER the ball rolls over the left outlane switch. AND... it kicks a ball from the trough as soon as you raise the left flipper- so installing a dead post in a pro will cause 2 balls to end up on the playfield.
Not raising the left flipper at all or doing it before it hits the left outlane switch results in a virtual ball save but no overdrive bonus.
Confused yet?
-----------------
EDIT/Update... Now I'm not so sure. I kept testing this a bunch after I posted the original below and it did seem to start kicking a ball out of the trough as soon as it hit the left outlane switch on occasion.... should be cut and dry but now I'm confused.... wonder if it matters if the left flipper is held up before or after it rolls over that switch?
------------------
I just uploaded a quick video showing the "theoretical" behavior of what would happen if a Pro had a dead save post with the current code. TL:DR - It does not automatically kick a ball from the trough, so the issue of having two balls in the playfield at the same time does not seem to exist.

One thing I'm not sure about though... did I not get the bonus for holding up the left flipper when it drained down the left outlane?
One other note- If the regular ball save (not overdrive) is still lit when you do this, it will auto-shoot a ball from the trough as soon as the ball passes over the left outlane switch.

If two balls go onto the playfield and you intentionally let one drain, are you still alive or does your ball end?

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If two balls go onto the playfield and you intentionally let one drain, are you still alive or does your ball end?

Game play continues if you intentionally let one drain. So it would sort of be like an unintentional 2 ball multi-ball.

The dead post is just a standard Stern part. I'm tempted just to install it and wire to the proper connector on node 8 just to see what happens. I suppose it would be easier to just measure voltage across that pin pair (it's Node 8 CN7, pins 1 and 2) while an overdrive event is active to see what happens.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Game play continues if you intentionally let one drain. So it would sort of be like an unintentional 2 ball multi-ball.
The dead post is just a standard Stern part. I'm tempted just to install it and wire to the proper connector on node 8 just to see what happens. I suppose it would be easier to just measure voltage across that pin pair (it's Node 8 CN7, pins 1 and 2) while an overdrive event is active to see what happens.

So you could try to Deadpost, and if successful let a ball drain to keep yourself honest? Sign me up.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

So you could try to Deadpost, and if successful let a ball drain to keep yourself honest? Sign me up.

LOL, I know. Curiosity is driving me more than any real benefit to having a dead post in a pro.

#272 1 year ago

Played a bunch more games tonight. I honestly can't think of a single game that has more flow than this. Combos galore. It's just so satisfying and fun to play.

Was playing Area 51 multiball and realized there were absolutely no callouts or other audio effects for jackpots, etc. Clearly some things still to be added code-wise. Not a complaint, just observing- it's already great for an early release.

#273 1 year ago

Just sold a pin and now able to get another one. Never have owned a Stern before and thinking about getting the Pro. Anyone have any regrets on this machine after buying? Build quality good? I have only owned Williams machines and one Spooky Halloween.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Just sold a pin and now able to get another one. Never have owned a Stern before and thinking about getting the Pro. Anyone have any regrets on this machine after buying? Build quality good? I have only owned Williams machines and one Spooky Halloween.

Sterns are quite literally the industry standard, now. They're nice machines and you should be thrilled. Man... you're missing out on countless good machines if you've never owned a Stern before. Like... man what.

#275 1 year ago

I’m en la clube

016A9546-E701-476C-9D31-2DFBC65565A1 (resized).jpeg016A9546-E701-476C-9D31-2DFBC65565A1 (resized).jpeg1A44CC83-373D-490A-855F-A5CAA206AABD (resized).jpeg1A44CC83-373D-490A-855F-A5CAA206AABD (resized).jpeg
#276 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’m en la clube
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this mean Prems are on the line/shipping? I thought Prems "show games" were only allowed to be taken home if that was the case...?

#277 1 year ago

I'm trying to track a Pro/premium model down for purchase if any others had a lead on 1 that would available. Checked game room guys this morning and theirs has sold. If anyone knows and could PM me I'd greatly appreciate it!

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’m en la clube
[quoted image][quoted image]

I played Eric's game at MGC and it played wonderfully! Congrats on getting one of the first premiums and thanks to Kingpin games and Eric for having it available to play at the show.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:Does this mean Prems are on the line/shipping? I thought Prems "show games" were only allowed to be taken home if that was the case...?

That’s what we were told at TPF.

#280 1 year ago

One of our location pro's is having some issues with the ball lock, trying to work through what's going on so bear with me here.

While playing, I saw the game serve a second ball to the shooter lane with a ball in play, but I'm not sure what the cause was. I think it may have been a ball lock in overlord which didn't get locked somehow. The game autolaunched and two balls were then in play. When one drained, the ball ended and flippers died.

I was then able to lock a ball on the ball 3 in that game and everything seemed to be working as designed but I didn't release that ball and drained out.

After this happened, I quickly started a new game before the trapped ball is released from the overlord (this needs to be addressed in the code, obviously). Once this happened, the overlord area becomes basically disabled and the ball cannot be released, which causes some cascading issues from game to game that only a power off seems to clear.

I didn't have time to fully troubleshoot yesterday, but will be going back later today to dig into this. If anyone has seen similar behavior at any of the shows or on location, or any operator who has resolved this, I appreciate any info you can provide.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

One of our location pro's is having some issues with the ball lock, trying to work through what's going on so bear with me here.
While playing, I saw the game serve a second ball to the shooter lane with a ball in play, but I'm not sure what the cause was. I think it may have been a ball lock in overlord which didn't get locked somehow. The game autolaunched and two balls were then in play. When one drained, the ball ended and flippers died.
I was then able to lock a ball on the ball 3 in that game and everything seemed to be working as designed but I didn't release that ball and drained out.
After this happened, I quickly started a new game before the trapped ball is released from the overlord (this needs to be addressed in the code, obviously). Once this happened, the overlord area becomes basically disabled and the ball cannot be released, which causes some cascading issues from game to game that only a power off seems to clear.
I didn't have time to fully troubleshoot yesterday, but will be going back later today to dig into this. If anyone has seen similar behavior at any of the shows or on location, or any operator who has resolved this, I appreciate any info you can provide.

I mean this respectfully: thank you for being the guinea pigs to raise awareness to Stern and hopefully get code releases for these situations.

Very encouraging to see at least (2) code releases already before the games really get moving to homes!

#282 1 year ago

So there was a magnet?

DC1AA944-7CC4-4AB5-9710-D9D2E0BE14D7 (resized).jpegDC1AA944-7CC4-4AB5-9710-D9D2E0BE14D7 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#283 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So there was a magnet?
[quoted image]

Makes sense. The Premium has a magnet there and the Pro/Premium share the same main playfield.

#284 1 year ago

With all the talk about a dead post mod. Why aren’t we talking about a magnet mod for pros?

#285 1 year ago

Pro is home and setup post MGC!

PXL_20230403_161631341 (resized).jpgPXL_20230403_161631341 (resized).jpg
#286 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Makes sense. The Premium has a magnet there and the Pro/Premium share the same main playfield.

Ahh I figured this after seeing the dead post hole too

#287 1 year ago

Picked up a Foo Fighters Pinball this last Friday and spent some time over the weekend doing CAD design work to build the Foo Fighters Tour Van! I should have prototypes done over the next few day and possibly work out what lighting and game interactions I have planned for this MOD.

Looks great so far! All comments and suggestions are appreciated, just let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 9.57.43 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 9.57.43 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.00.02 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.00.02 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 11.30.06 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 at 11.30.06 AM (resized).png

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from hcj13:

With all the talk about a dead post mod. Why aren’t we talking about a magnet mod for pros?

Exactly

#289 1 year ago

Because the magnet would require much more code integration than the post. Doesn’t it pulse when the overlord talks?

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Picked up a Foo Fighters Pinball this last Friday and spent some time over the weekend doing CAD design work to build the Foo Fighters Tour Van! I should have prototypes done over the next few day and possibly work out what lighting and game interactions I have planned for this MOD.
Looks great so far! All comments and suggestions are appreciated, just let me know and I will do my best to answer.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool !

#292 1 year ago

What are the odds of the expression lighting accessory being available for 1st run premium buyers? Apparently these are forever out of stock for LZ and Rush, so my confidence is low that we will be able to add them anytime soon.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

What are the odds of the expression lighting accessory being available for 1st run premium buyers? Apparently these are forever out of stock for LZ and Rush, so my confidence is low that we will be able to add them anytime soon.

It was only just announced for Rush. It would be next year at the earliest, most likely.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

Well, if they ordered a LOT of them from the vendor like they should have, hopefully they are available quickly. They are available to order for Rush now through distros.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

It was only just announced for Rush. It would be next year at the earliest, most likely.

2024 at earliest? I'll take the under.

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

2024 at earliest? I'll take the under.

Maybe stupid question, but is there some reason you couldn’t just use the rush ones in FF? Shouldn’t it all be code driven, and it’s just a standard part?

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Maybe stupid question, but is there some reason you couldn’t just use the rush ones in FF? Shouldn’t it all be code driven, and it’s just a standard part?

Do you want Rush side artwork? I know some Rush owners put the Led Zeppelin in theirs.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you want Rush side artwork? I know some Rush owners put the Led Zeppelin in theirs.

Didn’t realize they came with preprinted art on them.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from Blu:

Didn’t realize they came with preprinted art on them.

Yes the side art that surrounds the expression lights is included.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Would the premium code support the lights in FF after installation?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 265.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/6?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.