9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,240 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 265.
#3201 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s Foo Time Bitches !!!!
[quoted image]

You look nothing like your avatar

#3202 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You look nothing like your avatar

Do you know who that kid is ?

#3203 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Do you know who that kid is ?

2 dollars!

#3204 11 months ago

I’m happy to say I’m officially part of the club now. I knew this would be an instant hit as soon as I saw it. I watched Jack play it for 2:00 minutes and immediately called my distro to order it.

Hats off to Jack for this one! It’s bolted to the floor!!

Jack, if you’re listening, we need a Beastie Boys game really bad. (Pop in some licensed to Ill Beastie Boys and tell me you disagree. If anyone can make this happen, it’s you).

Congratulations on FOO!!

IMG_3877 (resized).jpegIMG_3877 (resized).jpegIMG_3880 (resized).jpegIMG_3880 (resized).jpeg
#3205 11 months ago
Quoted from yamangold:

If I install a diy pinwoofer in the backbox, will the coin door volume buttons still work for control?

Yes.

#3206 11 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I’m happy to say I’m officially part of the club now. I knew this would be an instant hit as soon as I saw it. I watched Jack play it for 2:00 minutes and immediately called my distro to order it.
Hats off to Jack for this one! It’s bolted to the floor!!
Jack, if you’re listening, we need a Beastie Boys game really bad. (Pop in some licensed to Ill Beastie Boys and tell me you disagree. If anyone can make this happen, it’s you).
Congratulations on FOO!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same on knowing it’s special, patiently waiting for my Prem, being told next wk fingers crossed!?!
& I got your back on tha Bboys -except im thinkin Hello Nasty(: but if anyone could pull it off it’s this team!

A60AFCC9-C4A0-4483-8106-5AF574CDC23D (resized).pngA60AFCC9-C4A0-4483-8106-5AF574CDC23D (resized).png
#3207 11 months ago

My speaker lights from Doug at speakerlightkits.com take this game up a notch.

#3208 11 months ago

I think I found a bug or at least on my game. During Bot Frenzy, if you hit inside the Overlord it won’t detect the ball and the game will go into ball search. Anybody else have this issue?

#3209 11 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I think I found a bug or at least on my game. During Bot Frenzy, if you hit inside the Overlord it won’t detect the ball and the game will go into ball search. Anybody else have this issue?

Known problem, intermittent, team's been trying to squash it for a while. If you can repeat it reliably with specific steps, they would be very happy to hear from you. As of now they can't reproduce it because the exact conditions to make it happen aren't known, so they're trying to find a needle in a (code) haystack.

#3210 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got the two other novelty balls to try in the captive ball area to get a pic of each in the game. The ones I think are best suited are the glo balls in neon green and neon pink. I tried the monster eye one, too.
Mezel has the monster green neon one
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=1314803548
[quoted image]
PU-Parts overseas has the pink ones:
https://pu-parts.com/pinball-glo-ball-pink
Planetary has them stateside, but only sells 4 packs
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PB-GLOBALLS-HP
[quoted image]
Mod my pin (http://shop.modmypin.com) has the eyeball one (and a glow in the dark one, too), but he only sells them in sets of 4.
Kimball's Pinballs (https://www.kimballspinballs.com/glo-balls/) has the monster eye one and sells singles.
[quoted image]

How do you find the visibility of the UFO ball on your Premium? I like the colored ones a lot, and have them in my Ghostbusters, but I wonder if the player can see them from their perspective on the Premium w/ the upper playfield. our premium hasn’t shipped yet, but if they’re confirmed as visible I’ll get some ordered! Haven’t got anything but Pros around locally :/

#3211 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Same on knowing it’s special, patiently waiting for my Prem, being told next wk fingers crossed!?!
& I got your back on tha Bboys -except im thinkin Hello Nasty(: but if anyone could pull it off it’s this team!

I'm really looking forward to the Beastie boys essentials wrapped up in one pin

#3212 11 months ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

How do you find the visibility of the UFO ball on your Premium? I like the colored ones a lot, and have them in my Ghostbusters, but I wonder if the player can see them from their perspective on the Premium w/ the upper playfield. our premium hasn’t shipped yet, but if they’re confirmed as visible I’ll get some ordered! Haven’t got anything but Pros around locally :/

I can see it fine on the LE we have (which has basically the same PF as the Prem). The captive ball is visible, and you can see it looping around when you hit the stationary ball in front.

#3213 11 months ago

I wonder if theirs a backstage pass mode?

DeadFlip

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 7.59.37 pm (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-14 at 7.59.37 pm (resized).png
#3214 11 months ago

We played until the wee hours last night .One real cool moment was starting Bot Frenzy followed soon after by starting NO’s mode , beat that and started a second mode (LA I believe ) .Big ,big fun Also ,I did not know there are 2 dead posts in the game .In one game I had the ball bounce up into play 3 times coming down the outlane on the right side haha . It was made even more enjoyable by me dozing off on 2 on the left side to end balls . There are quite a few pinball moments so far and only just beginning to scratch the surface .Great times on the horizon .Im going to study the code now that I got the machine dialed in where it’s supposed to be .I just need to tweak the kicker I seen someone post on it a few days ago. I’ll revisit that and see what they did .

#3215 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

We played until the wee hours last night .One real cool moment was starting Bot Frenzy followed soon after by starting NO’s mode , beat that and started a second mode (LA I believe ) .Big ,big fun Also ,I did not know there are 2 dead posts in the game .In one game I had the ball bounce up into play 3 times coming down the outlane on the right side haha . It was made even more enjoyable by me dozing off on 2 on the left side to end balls . There are quite a few pinball moments so far and only just beginning to scratch the surface .Great times on the horizon .Im going to study the code now that I got the machine dialed in where it’s supposed to be .I just need to tweak the kicker I seen someone post on it a few days ago. I’ll revisit that and see what they did .

Curious what you mean when you say tweak the kicker? Thank you.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3217 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Curious what you mean when you say tweak the kicker? Thank you.

He might mean the kafoom target kicker.

#3218 11 months ago

I’m not even sure why you’d want that every time. More valuable to shoot for a van upgrade or higher point shot.

#3219 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

I’m not even sure why you’d want that every time. More valuable to shoot for a van upgrade or higher point shot.

Thats for full plunge or auto launch to line up. You should still be able to go for those other shots by reducing manual plunge pull

#3220 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I just need to tweak the kicker I seen someone post on it a few days ago. I’ll revisit that and see what they did .

The Kafoom is supposed to have randomness built into it..depending on where the ball lands...sometimes it get's shot up the ramp, others it weak returns to the 3 bank or somewhere..That target is supposed to be chaos so I'd watch on tweaking it to be too deliberate

#3221 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

The Kafoom is supposed to have randomness built into it..depending on where the ball lands...sometimes it get's shot up the ramp, others it weak returns to the 3 bank or somewhere..That target is supposed to be chaos so I'd watch on tweaking it to be too deliberate

The kafoom must have been the compromise for not having a pop on a Stern game

#3222 11 months ago

repost because Im so damn handy.

#3223 11 months ago

The PinWoofer DIY install was straightforward/clean. I tied the right/bottom of the board to a small post I fastened underneath the wire clasp. The sticky tape seems very secure, but in the unlikely event the tape fails, the tie will keep the board from moving too much.

I've installed all 3 generations of PW setups (classic 2 amp, GT, & Super) and I really like this design of mounting a single amp in the backbox. For me, mounting GT/Super amp in the coin box area is a bummer (since I rarely fiddle with the settings and almost all my games have the coin box in the game).

Haven't installed the PW speakers yet...the amp alone makes a big difference. Now I have to dial it in...any suggestions welcome.

IMG_3136 (resized).jpegIMG_3136 (resized).jpeg
#3224 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The PinWoofer DIY install was straightforward/clean. I tied the right/bottom of the board to a small post I fastened underneath the wire clasp. The sticky tape seems very secure, but in the unlikely event the tape fails, the tie will keep the board from moving too much.
I've installed all 3 generations of PW setups (classic 2 amp, GT, & Super) and I really like this design of mounting a single amp in the backbox. For me, mounting GT/Super amp in the coin box area is a bummer (since I rarely fiddle with the settings and almost all my games have the coin box in the game).
Haven't installed the PW speakers yet...the amp alone makes a big difference. Now I have to dial it in...any suggestions welcome.
[quoted image]

I shared my settings suggestions earlier in the thread (below). Be sure to turn OFF the notch filter or EQ in the "Audio Filter" setting in the service menu.

Quoted from Desmodromic:

PinWoofer has suggested starting point in the Blog section of their website. It's a starting point that you can tune to taste.
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-foo-fighters-amplifier-settings/
I ended up here after some tweaking:
8 ohm, Audio Filter @ None
Music and Speech Attenuation both @ -5
Bass Freq: 12:00
Bass Vol: Max
BackBox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 2:00
Volume: 2:00
It will get brutally loud and crystal clear. Truly a pleasure!
[quoted image]

Don't need them but GLI is in case you have a noise issue (I didn't) and Line Trimmer is if you're running external speakers like an external sub box. For just the kit and speakers enclosed in the machine, you shouldn't need either but PinWoofer can correct me if I got it wrong.

#3225 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I shared my settings suggestions earlier in the thread (below). Be sure to turn OFF the notch filter or EQ in the "Audio Filter" setting in the service menu.

I don’t have pin woofer but I have upgraded speakers and sub. Besides the 10 band eq settings in the DIY audio thread is there and Foo Specific settings for the EQ people recommend?

#3226 11 months ago

New BomberMods Mod Drop!

Time to blast your Foo horns and rock a great game. I got The Foo Horns that mount to your spotlight post ready to ship!

Check it out in the Market!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08538-foo-horns

TroyS @ BomberMods!

Horns (1 of 3) (resized).jpgHorns (1 of 3) (resized).jpgfoohorns (resized).jpgfoohorns (resized).jpg
#3227 11 months ago

Ok, I messed up and could use some advice. I unscrewed the ball guide on the floor of the shooter lane (installed then uninstalled PinDefender). I stripped the two screws at the bottom of the guide. Bought new screws (#4x1/2” zinc wood screws) and replaced them. Tightened them down so the heads would be level with the guide. Last night I noticed both screw heads were sheared off. So there’s nothing really holding the 2 “prongs” down. Game seems fine, but worried about what’s down the road. We’re the zinc screws a mistake? Guessing the only “best” fix is to somehow drill them out, but looking for other suggestions.

CDB15507-AFD3-4600-A259-DDAF966672A8 (resized).jpegCDB15507-AFD3-4600-A259-DDAF966672A8 (resized).jpeg
#3228 11 months ago

For all you Foo's here a great shot of the Overlord to share from this morning.

Horns (3 of 3) (resized).jpgHorns (3 of 3) (resized).jpg
#3229 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Ok, I messed up and could use some advice. I unscrewed the ball guide on the floor of the shooter lane (installed then uninstalled PinDefender). I stripped the two screws at the bottom of the guide. Bought new screws (#4x1/2” zinc wood screws) and replaced them. Tightened them down so the heads would be level with the guide. Last night I noticed both screw heads were sheared off. So there’s nothing really holding the 2 “prongs” down. Game seems fine, but worried about what’s down the road. We’re the zinc screws a mistake? Guessing the only “best” fix is to somehow drill them out, but looking for other suggestions. [quoted image]

Stop right there I got an easy solution for you! We use this in the guitar world. Using your original screws get some wood toothpicks and break them off at the depth of the hole, a small drop of wood glue on them and insert them into the hole and screw in your original screws!

#3230 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Stop right there I got an easy solution for you! We use this in the guitar world. Using your original screws get some wood toothpicks and break them off at the depth of the hole, a small drop of wood glue on them and insert them into the hole and screw in your original screws!

I follow what you’re saying. But since the originals are stripped, should I look for stainless replacements?

#3231 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can see it fine on the LE we have (which has basically the same PF as the Prem). The captive ball is visible, and you can see it looping around when you hit the stationary ball in front.

Awesome, thank you for confirming!

#3232 11 months ago

It's quite tough for me to spend much time watching the screen but I noticed that often times there's an "03" overlay text showing in the middle of the display when the Extra Ball animation plays. Anybody else notice this? Sending bug report now...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3233 11 months ago

#3234 11 months ago

Hey are premiums shipping with the green powder coated legs?

#3235 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

No?

#3236 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

No, just "classic" Stern black crinkle. You can get all the armor powdercoated to whatever color you prefer for about $400 US.

EDIT:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping

Looks like $250, plus shipping.

#3237 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

I follow what you’re saying. But since the originals are stripped, should I look for stainless replacements?

If the tops of the screws you put in there got sheared off I'm guessing its because they wernt the right size? (screw head too big?) if it were my game, I'd carefully try to drill out the screws that are stuck in there, use wood filler (and perhaps toothpicks from the other suggestion) let it set, drill small pilot hole, re-apply new screws. All it does is hold that metal down, it aint going nowhere.

#3238 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

New BomberMods Mod Drop!
Time to blast your Foo horns and rock a great game. I got The Foo Horns that mount to your spotlight post ready to ship!
Check it out in the Market!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08538-foo-horns
TroyS @ BomberMods!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!
Got mine!

#3239 11 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

If the tops of the screws you put in there got sheared off I'm guessing its because they wernt the right size? (screw head too big?) if it were my game, I'd carefully try to drill out the screws that are stuck in there, use wood filler (and perhaps toothpicks from the other suggestion) let it set, drill small pilot hole, re-apply new screws. All it does is hold that metal down, it aint going nowhere.

No, the screw tops were the same size as the originals. Took one with me to make sure. They were flush with the guide when I finished. Ordered some stainless rather than zinc coated. Not sure why they sheared. Maybe I had them too tight?

#3240 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Ok, I messed up and could use some advice. I unscrewed the ball guide on the floor of the shooter lane (installed then uninstalled PinDefender). I stripped the two screws at the bottom of the guide. Bought new screws (#4x1/2” zinc wood screws) and replaced them. Tightened them down so the heads would be level with the guide. Last night I noticed both screw heads were sheared off. So there’s nothing really holding the 2 “prongs” down. Game seems fine, but worried about what’s down the road. We’re the zinc screws a mistake? Guessing the only “best” fix is to somehow drill them out, but looking for other suggestions. [quoted image]

Use an ez out

#3241 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Oh definitely .It’s just the bulk of the kafooms are hitting the ufo capture ball .I’d say 85% ufo 10% between that and the spinner and 5% ramp so I’m just going to check it out .

#3242 11 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

For someone who already stripped 2 holes, then sheared off the screw heads, I’d say that drilling out the screws that are left in the wood now is a horrible recommendation. My advice, just quit while you’re ahead and leave the metal ramp without screw heads. Removing the broken screws without tearing up the wood a LOT is going to take some real skill.

#3243 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

For someone who already stripped 2 holes, then sheared off the screw heads, I’d say that drilling out the screws that are left in the wood now is a horrible recommendation. My advice, just quit while you’re ahead and leave the metal ramp without screw heads. Removing the broken screws without tearing up the wood a LOT is going to take some real skill.

I second this .

#3244 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

No, the screw tops were the same size as the originals. Took one with me to make sure. They were flush with the guide when I finished. Ordered some stainless rather than zinc coated. Not sure why they sheared. Maybe I had them too tight?

Yeah, it doesn’t take a lot to shear the heads off of screws that size. To be honest, I was a bit concerned that mine were going to shear off when I was backing mine out. They were pretty tight in the playfield wood. Stainless isn’t necessarily stronger.

#3245 11 months ago

Zinc should be outlawed .

#3246 11 months ago

Aren’t ez outs for stripped heads, not sheared/missing heads? If the screw sticks up enough, which it doesn’t sound like it does, some smaller vise grips might work, but again, it would be tough to not damage the playfield. Drilling out will absolutely not work to remove the screw, it will just make a new hole next to the screw. The screw metal is harder than the wood so the drill bit will just move off of the screw and onto the wood.

#3247 11 months ago

Thats why they make reverse drill bits to back out sheared screws

#3248 11 months ago

Just put a deposit down on a Pro. Thank you everyone for the feedback! I just think money wise it was worth it for me and will mod it somewhat to my liking! I do like the art package way better on the Pro.

#3249 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Just put a deposit down on a Pro. Thank you everyone for the feedback! I just think money wise it was worth it for me and will mod it somewhat to my liking! I do like the art package way better on the Pro.

Awesome! I love the pro I was able to snag!

#3250 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thats why they make reverse drill bits to back out sheared screws

On a screw this small? Not sure how possible that is without making matters worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

8,999 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,240 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 265.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.