IMG_1299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3182 (resized).jpeg
77b3a0a22818e071c8d41f083ac81da0.gif
72B870CE-9B2D-4680-9F5C-C560C685865B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8289 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6535 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 264.
#2951 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Maybe a silly question...I was looking at some fluorescent protectors for the ramps. Easy install? Looks like just unscrewing and screwing back on...any watchouts?

yes. not super simple and fast because the ramps are attached. but i would do the left side (sling lame and ramp covers) to be most efficient, then right.

#2952 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

yes. not super simple and fast because the ramps are attached. but i would do the left side (sling lame and ramp covers) to be most efficient, then right.

Thanks...will start there.

#2953 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

If you have Foo and don’t have PinWoofer, you’re getting about half the potential of the machine.
It’s unreal.
I also got the fluorescent plastic protectors and voodoo glass. Next level all around.

Does pinwoofer give you suggested settings?

#2954 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

I’m so frustrated with this game the past few days. My scores just get worse and worse! I just played 10 games in 10 minutes, and I was trying. It would be hilarious how bad my games were, if it weren’t so SAD. My best score was the first day or two that I had it. It really sucks when you only get worse the more you practice!

I go through this same process. Can't miss a shot, have a blast. Learn the rules and attempt to hit some things to progress and totally suck. Get frustrated and need to walk away. Eventually it comes back to me and I have fun playing it again! I call it the love-hate-love cycle.

#2955 11 months ago

Installing the pinwoofer super kit on my premium in a couple days… anyone have settings they like in the menu and on the equalizer?

#2956 11 months ago

who sells the concert ticket magnets for the speaker panel like I bought for RUSH

#2957 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

any ideas for the exposed edge on the upper playfield,its kinda driving me nuts.Short drive.

Neon baby! I have some cool solid bendable 3 foot led ‘neon’ strips i could try. But might be too bright, unless dialed down. I was thinking of that a few days ago actually. Might be worth trying

#2958 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Neon baby! I have some cool solid bendable 3 foot led ‘neon’ strips i could try. But might be too bright, unless dialed down. I was thinking of that a few days ago actually. Might be worth trying

Try it ,could be awesome

#2959 11 months ago

what size are the mini playfield rubbers ? I have plenty of the others but no smalls .

#2960 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

I’m so frustrated with this game the past few days. My scores just get worse and worse! I just played 10 games in 10 minutes, and I was trying. It would be hilarious how bad my games were, if it weren’t so SAD. My best score was the first day or two that I had it. It really sucks when you only get worse the more you practice!

Today Ive started concentrating on leveling up the van before each city. the drops are somewhat safe and the paddle is an easy shot from the left flipper. Once leveled you can use the bombs to spot shots and get through modes quick.

#2961 11 months ago

Finally,,,, le will be here next week, bonus rush topper with it! I already know it's worth the wait

#2962 11 months ago

Had a few people ask about these so thought I would post the link to the shop.

Guitar pick FF shooter rods

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1428-reflex-mods/08490-foo-fighters-guitar-pick-shooter

Thanks!

Pinside_shopitem_8490_0 (resized).jpgPinside_shopitem_8490_0 (resized).jpgPinside_shopitem_8490_3 (resized).jpgPinside_shopitem_8490_3 (resized).jpg
#2963 11 months ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

Guitar pick FF shooter rods

Nice! These are the first FF shooter rods I've seen that I like

#2964 11 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Installing the pinwoofer super kit on my premium in a couple days… anyone have settings they like in the menu and on the equalizer?

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-foo-fighters-amplifier-settings/

#2965 11 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Best game so far. Did FooBot Multiball for the first time which is awesome! I was one shot away from finishing all the cities when I drained. What comes after finishing all the cities for first time?
[quoted image]

Holly cats! Well done niice score.

#2966 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

We have all been there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2967 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Go back a few posts https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/58#post-7572717 and see what I had recommended but basically any shooters that come like this from Stern I use some needle nose I get in there and adjust the auto plunger and space it out to let the ball sit lower in the cradle that way you're getting full contact with the plunger on a manual and you're getting a smooth rollout on the auto plunger.. if you stick stuff inside the plunger rubber itself you're taking away energy that is going to be transferred away from the ball so that's not a good solution... even if your auto plunger is working good that's something you really want to look at to make sure that both the manual and the auto function work as designed

can you take a photo of what yours looks like? im at 7 perfect level and i have the ramp set so it works during testing but not during game when the ball is moving faster.

#2968 11 months ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Just got Foo LE - Does everyone else's playfield look like this? It feels like the printing is off/hazy. Thanks!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Photo of my FFLE PF taken with the glass on (cropped, zoomed). The font on the "you'll stick around" is extremely small (and hard to read from the players perspective). Since photos can be extremely deceiving, hard to tell if you have a problem.

IMG_3097 (resized).jpegIMG_3097 (resized).jpeg
#2969 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

At least you can play yours, lol. Mine is sitting here, half-unassembled on the topside as I await a new spinner. My premium grenaded itself after 16 games. I can't wait to play it again, it's an absolute blast.

#2970 11 months ago

Ahhhhh ……..the day is finally here …. rise Sun ,rise !

1D8B3831-389A-4D7B-988E-9D7228303ED2 (resized).jpeg1D8B3831-389A-4D7B-988E-9D7228303ED2 (resized).jpeg
#2971 11 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I go through this same process. Can't miss a shot, have a blast. Learn the rules and attempt to hit some things to progress and totally suck. Get frustrated and need to walk away. Eventually it comes back to me and I have fun playing it again! I call it the love-hate-love cycle.

Lol, yeah. I have it in my living room right now so I can play it all the time. It'll go much better when it's in my gameroom in the basement, because I can just move on to another game when it's killing me!

#2972 11 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Today Ive started concentrating on leveling up the van before each city. the drops are somewhat safe and the paddle is an easy shot from the left flipper. Once leveled you can use the bombs to spot shots and get through modes quick.

I've been doing that off and on. Definitely makes it easier to get through a city, if I don't drain after my first shot!

#2973 11 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

At least you can play yours, lol. Mine is sitting here, half-unassembled on the topside as I await a new spinner. My premium grenaded itself after 16 games. I can't wait to play it again, it's an absolute blast.

I was in a much better place at game #16 than I am now on what's probably game 300! I'm not sure which situation is worse... but they're both pretty bad.

#2974 11 months ago

For the Pinwoofer kit... Is the ground loop isolator or the line trimmer accessories necessary for an LE? Also, what color mounting brackets have people been getting?

Thanks!

#2975 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

For the Pinwoofer kit... Is the ground loop isolator or the line trimmer accessories necessary for an LE? Also, what color mounting brackets have people been getting?
Thanks!

no. i get black since it goes inside.

just reach out to dan he’ll get exactly whats needed

#2976 11 months ago

FOO LE showed up yesterday. We tried to get the easteregg to work.
L+R,L,R,L,L,R,L,L,L,R+L

When/where do you do that? tried after starting a ball. Tried with no credits.

#2977 11 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

FOO LE showed up yesterday. We tried to get the easteregg to work.
L+R,L,R,L,L,R,L,L,L,R+L
When/where do you do that? tried after starting a ball. Tried with no credits.

Make your last L an R and retry it

L+R,L,R,L,L,R,L,L,L,R,R

#2978 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

L+R,L,R,L,L,R,L,L,L,R,R

Fantastic thank you! Got it

#2979 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks!

Rush was the only one I’ve had that needed the ground loop isolator, really annoying high pitch noise otherwise. I bought a couple extra just in case but my FF and IMDN are fine without it. You’ll know if you need it . I picked up their CDUs (coin door units) so I think that would cover the line trimmer plus extras.

#2980 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Does pinwoofer give you suggested settings?

Quoted from Dantesmark:

PinWoofer has suggested starting point in the Blog section of their website. It's a starting point that you can tune to taste.
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-foo-fighters-amplifier-settings/

I ended up here after some tweaking:

8 ohm, Audio Filter @ None
Music and Speech Attenuation both @ -5

Bass Freq: 12:00
Bass Vol: Max
BackBox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 2:00
Volume: 2:00

It will get brutally loud and crystal clear. Truly a pleasure!

IMG_2644 (resized).jpgIMG_2644 (resized).jpg

Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks!

Don't need them but GLI is in case you have a noise issue (I didn't) and Line Trimmer is if you're running external speakers like an external sub box. For just the kit and speakers enclosed in the machine, you shouldn't need either but PinWoofer can correct me if I got it wrong.

#2981 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

L+R,L,R,L,L,R,L,L,L,R,R

What does this do again, I searched the thread and couldn't find it. Maybe in the hype thread?

Edit: Super fun.

Tip: Gotta do it outside a game, before you start a ball.

#2982 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ahhhhh ……..the day is finally here …. rise Sun ,rise !
[quoted image]

Like a little kid on Christmas…I love it! Enjoy your new pin day Kevin!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2983 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Thanks!

Quoted from Desmodromic:

Don't need them but GLI is in case you have a noise issue (I didn't) and Line Trimmer is if you're running external speakers like an external sub box. For just the kit and speakers enclosed in the machine, you shouldn't need either but PinWoofer can correct me if I got it wrong.

I agree with you Desmodromic !

In response to pinghetto :

The GLI is required for about 15% from what we have ascertained (the real rate must be higher since not everyone will purchase the GLI from us). It's nice to have one if you need it at install time.

The Line Trimmer is for controlling your external sub and is a minimum requirement if you use the pro level output of the PinWoofer amp. We discourage using a speaker level tap because sound quality can suffer. Yes, surprisingly, bass has good and bad quality depending on your approach. Below is a blog entry for more information on adding an external sub:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-amplifier-external-subwoofer-options/

Finally, I could not resist. Below are the bracket color data for Foo. Green is the clear leader for the LE trim, green top for the premium and black for the pro.

OK, have a great day!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

20230511 Bracket Color within Foo (resized).jpg20230511 Bracket Color within Foo (resized).jpg
#2984 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-foo-fighters-amplifier-settings/</blockquote

I agree with you Desmodromic !
In response to pinghetto :
The GLI is required for about 15% from what we have ascertained (the real rate must be higher since not everyone will purchase the GLI from us). It's nice to have one if you need it at install time.
The Line Trimmer is for controlling your external sub and is a minimum requirement if you use the pro level output of the PinWoofer amp. We discourage using a speaker level tap because sound quality can suffer. Yes, surprisingly, bass has good and bad quality depending on your approach. Below is a blog entry for more information on adding an external sub:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-amplifier-external-subwoofer-options/
Finally, I could not resist. Below are the bracket color data for Foo. Green is the clear leader for the LE trim, green top for the premium and black for the pro.
OK, have a great day!
Thanks,
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri[quoted image]

Am i the only one that got mirror brackets?

#2985 11 months ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Rush was the only one I’ve had that needed the ground loop isolator, really annoying high pitch noise otherwise. I bought a couple extra just in case but my FF and IMDN are fine without it. You’ll know if you need it . I picked up their CDUs (coin door units) so I think that would cover the line trimmer plus extras.

Agree with mstang01 !

#2986 11 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Nice! These are the first FF shooter rods I've seen that I like

How can you not like super smiley Dave??

912BEECC-6FED-462D-B53D-A64EDC59D859 (resized).jpeg912BEECC-6FED-462D-B53D-A64EDC59D859 (resized).jpeg
#2987 11 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

How can you not like super smiley Dave??
[quoted image]

Loooool

#2988 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Like a little kid on Christmas…I love it! Enjoy your new pin day Kevin!

Thank you John There is nothing like new pin day !

#2989 11 months ago

OK everytime I get a new game I can't seem to find the reset HSTD.
Can someone idiot proof this for me and give me the menu picks, please

#2990 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thank you John There is nothing like new pin day !

Well! Where are the pictures you turd?!

... I'm... I'm sorry, you're not a turd. I'm just super excited for you!

#2991 11 months ago

Aliens landed with FF LE this morning. Couple games and back to work. ‍

IMG_0233 (resized).jpegIMG_0233 (resized).jpeg

#2992 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

PinWoofer has suggested starting point in the Blog section of their website. It's a starting point that you can tune to taste.
I ended up here after some tweaking:
8 ohm, Audio Filter @ None
Music and Speech Attenuation both @ -5
Bass Freq: 12:00
Bass Vol: Max
BackBox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 2:00
Volume: 2:00
It will get brutally loud and crystal clear. Truly a pleasure!
[quoted image]

just installed too - all i can say is holy crap this is a great sounding machine with the pinwoofers but it sounded lousy out of the box . and i have my settings almost exactly the same as you . also turned off the shelf filter - a must .

#2993 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well! Where are the pictures you turd?!
... I'm... I'm sorry, you're not a turd. I'm just super excited for you!

No I’m a turd I’m like Peter Brady right now waiting for anyone to show up at his birthday party .

#2994 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No I’m a turd I’m like Peter Brady right now waiting for anyone to show up at his birthday party .

Porkchops, applesauce, FF LE and I'm there.

imthere (resized).jpgimthere (resized).jpg
#2995 11 months ago

Hey , are you coming with my Foo LE ?

A7CFE865-CD90-4295-B1C9-5E80E41FC6C4 (resized).pngA7CFE865-CD90-4295-B1C9-5E80E41FC6C4 (resized).png
#2996 11 months ago

“Let me see “

68C2C9E2-EDC4-4EEA-9524-CC5D36EEDF99 (resized).png68C2C9E2-EDC4-4EEA-9524-CC5D36EEDF99 (resized).png
#2997 11 months ago

“yeah I’m still on my way “

F22A5A3D-5FC0-4266-956D-E3B9BD575286 (resized).pngF22A5A3D-5FC0-4266-956D-E3B9BD575286 (resized).png
#2998 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Photo of my FFLE PF taken with the glass on (cropped, zoomed). The font on the "you'll stick around" is extremely small (and hard to read from the players perspective). Since photos can be extremely deceiving, hard to tell if you have a problem.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the response - it does look better than mine from this pic, but I am going to look at some others in person this weekend. I think that will determine if I have an issue. My distro sent me pictures of his as well, and it looks better than mine. Specifically the bands faces and features.

#2999 11 months ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

just installed too - all i can say is holy crap this is a great sounding machine with the pinwoofers but it sounded lousy out of the box . and i have my settings almost exactly the same as you . also turned off the shelf filter - a must .

What are ur settings?
Installing mine tomorrow!!

#3000 11 months ago

Here

1D233C5A-81D8-4D1F-B233-07A88E2C0534 (resized).jpeg1D233C5A-81D8-4D1F-B233-07A88E2C0534 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 499.00
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Trade
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 264.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/60?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.