PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 267.
#201 1 year ago

Played this at tpf and can’t shake thinking about it. Thought I was dead set on Godzilla, but not so sure anymore. Pro or premium, this game rocks!

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Played this at tpf and can’t shake thinking about it. Thought I was dead set on Godzilla, but not so sure anymore. Pro or premium, this game rocks!

I am in the same boat! This theme did nothing for me, since I am not a fan of the band... but the live stream with JD and then getting to play it in person at TPF put me over the edge and made me realize my GZ Pro is in fact expendable!

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Forget the cliffy or plastic protector for the shooter lane. Just lower the next power and put some Mylar down. $.50 and you’re good to go.

Are there small mylar sheets to buy somewhere?

#206 1 year ago

If any pro owner wants to sell their overlord flipping the bird plastic, I have a spot for it.

20230330_085610 (resized).jpg20230330_085610 (resized).jpg
#207 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If any pro owner wants to sell their overlord flipping the bird plastic, I have a spot for it.
[quoted image]

nice HyperBall trans

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

nice HyperBall trans

#209 1 year ago

Anyone who has a pro already that would be willing to do me a favor please? I’m just looking for a couple pictures of the underside of the playfield near the apron. Both close and far. Please PM if willing.

Also looking for someone in the PA/MD/DE tristate area who lucked out on the first run of pros.

#210 1 year ago

Heading to MPB.

233239B6-0096-4BE6-ACA2-B6F85026304A.jpeg233239B6-0096-4BE6-ACA2-B6F85026304A.jpegF119D31F-F489-4494-94C4-51948A28D9D5.jpegF119D31F-F489-4494-94C4-51948A28D9D5.jpeg
#211 1 year ago

Would love for anyone who has the machine to do a breakdown of the possible settings, options and choices in the menu

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Heading to MPB.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Wish I had a day off to get there....

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

Would love for anyone who has the machine to do a breakdown of the possible settings, options and choices in the menu

What do you want to see specifically good sir/madam?

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What do you want to see specifically good sir/madam?

Generally everything, but most importantly all settings regarding gameplay/difficulty

#215 1 year ago

Excited to check this game out soon at my local barcade (they have the pro right now). Game looks awesome. I will be honest, the Pro seems like it could be the one I would want if it wasn't for the lack of expression lighting being added on. I'm not gaga for the ball save thing like a lot of people are. It is quaint, but I'd prefer just a kick back, really. I dunno, all versions look terrific so far. And that LE. Man... I seldom care about LEs, but the coloring is beautiful.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Excited to check this game out soon at my local barcade. Game looks awesome. I will be honest, the Pro seems like it could be the one I want if it wasn't for the lack of expression lighting being added on. I'm not gaga for the ball save thing like a lot of people are. It is quaint, but I'd prefer just a kick back, really. I dunno, all versions looks terrific so far. And that LE. Man... I seldom care about LEs, but the coloring is beautiful.

I was debating prem or le, that green pushed me , going to be beautiful.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was debating prem or le, that green pushed me , going to be beautiful.

You made the right choice. That thing is amazing looking.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You made the right choice. That thing is amazing looking.

Agree, the art package sold me as well with a bit of YOLO.

#219 1 year ago

Mirrors look great with these mostly open side walls.

19329A9C-B190-4E77-8218-C63E884491DD.jpeg19329A9C-B190-4E77-8218-C63E884491DD.jpeg1FE250FF-4CE5-427F-90A6-FCC3FB32496B.jpeg1FE250FF-4CE5-427F-90A6-FCC3FB32496B.jpeg
#220 1 year ago

Fortunate to have two awesome new additions. Loving both of these.

CE3A05F8-75CB-4C6C-AFB8-AF4229FE8968.jpegCE3A05F8-75CB-4C6C-AFB8-AF4229FE8968.jpegDC789770-9D2B-4306-9119-E943AD6D2602.jpegDC789770-9D2B-4306-9119-E943AD6D2602.jpeg
#221 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Hopefully going to try to make it over there this weekend.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Anyone who has a pro already that would be willing to do me a favor please? I’m just looking for a couple pictures of the underside of the playfield near the apron. Both close and far. Please PM if willing.
Also looking for someone in the PA/MD/DE tristate area who lucked out on the first run of pros.

I’ll grab you some pictures tomorrow. I’m in VA- brought a floor demo pro home from TPF.

#223 1 year ago

I ended up letting the rear ramp support unthread about 1/8” to lift the ramp over the habit trail prongs to defeat the hangups.

Here is before moving the habit trail towards ghe player
B04C0EB7-1B43-47C6-AF8D-9EECE896468D (resized).jpegB04C0EB7-1B43-47C6-AF8D-9EECE896468D (resized).jpeg

Here is after… the prong could still block a ball resting on the ramp wall
20EFCD38-C10A-48E9-A3BB-BDA749652899 (resized).jpeg20EFCD38-C10A-48E9-A3BB-BDA749652899 (resized).jpeg

So here is ramp post lifted up to make the ramp be above the prongs
BAC2B9D8-F12B-4D89-81CD-499F3D3185EC (resized).jpegBAC2B9D8-F12B-4D89-81CD-499F3D3185EC (resized).jpeg

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I’ll grab you some pictures tomorrow. I’m in VA- brought a floor demo pro home from TPF.

Fantastic! I really appreciate it. Thank you

#225 1 year ago

The glass is so tight in our cabinet… i swear it feels lije doing squats trying to push the glass back into the cabinet

#226 1 year ago

NovaCade - Let me know if these are good.

IMG_4766.jpgIMG_4766.jpgIMG_4767.jpgIMG_4767.jpgIMG_4768.jpgIMG_4768.jpgIMG_4769.jpgIMG_4769.jpgIMG_4770.jpgIMG_4770.jpgIMG_4771.jpgIMG_4771.jpgIMG_4772.jpgIMG_4772.jpgIMG_4773.jpgIMG_4773.jpgIMG_4774.jpgIMG_4774.jpgIMG_4775.jpgIMG_4775.jpgIMG_4776.jpgIMG_4776.jpg
#227 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

That Van Damme pic from bloodsport in the GF screen is hilarious!

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

NovaCade - Let me know if these are good.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pictures look great! Definitely will help. Thank you!! I’ll pm you so we aren’t blowing up the thread. Thanks again!

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Pictures look great! Definitely will help. Thank you!! I’ll pm you so we aren’t blowing up the thread. Thanks again!

#231 1 year ago

Well well well, the service manual is out for FF on Stern website. The deadpost is a generic stern parts

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-appearing-post-assembly.html

uppost (resized).jpguppost (resized).jpg
#232 1 year ago

NOT a Foo music fan, but I fomo'd a premium order just based on the JD LE stream, but started to second guess... Really not a fan of their music, and have even tried listening to it to see if it grows on me (it didn't, at ALL). Considered bailing on my spot, but held until I had the chance to flip it...

Played a Pro at PHOF this week, and HOLY HELL the game just rocks... it still feels like a stern, but just flows like nothing else I have played... While PoH isn't the best place to hear sound, what I could hear totally faded to the background as I became engrossed in the game... The game just felt amazing with satisfying shot after shot...

It actually shot and flowed so well, it has me second guessing whether I don't need the premium, and should just get that pro... the pro was close to perfection for me (shot wise-still not my favorite theme...)

I'm normally a premium guy... but would love to hear, as we get folks that have actually tried both, which flips better? I'm asking, because the pro shot sooo nice, I'm actually worried I might buy a premium and be worried that upper pflayfield changes it just enough where the pro feels better, and end up wishing I had a pro!!!

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

NOT a Foo music fan, but I fomo'd a premium order just based on the JD LE stream, but started to second guess... Really not a fan of their music, and have even tried listening to it to see if it grows on me (it didn't, at ALL). Considered bailing on my spot, but held until I had the chance to flip it...
Played a Pro at PHOF this week, and HOLY HELL the game just rocks... it still feels like a stern, but just flows like nothing else I have played... While PoH isn't the best place to hear sound, what I could hear totally faded to the background as I became engrossed in the game... The game just felt amazing with satisfying shot after shot...
It actually shot and flowed so well, it has me second guessing whether I don't need the premium, and should just get that pro... the pro was close to perfection for me (shot wise-still not my favorite theme...)
I'm normally a premium guy... but would love to hear, as we get folks that have actually tried both, which flips better? I'm asking, because the pro shot sooo nice, I'm actually worried I might buy a premium and be worried that upper pflayfield changes it just enough where the pro feels better, and end up wishing I had a pro!!!

Cosmetically, the 3D sculpts look much better than the flat plastic in person. The magnet action under the overlord is really cool. The upper playfield is fun to flip plus you get another spinner up there. Virtual deadpost isn't nearly as fun as the real one.

For me, the premium is the way to go. But the pro is perfectly fine and loads of fun.

#234 1 year ago

36 hours in and this machine rocks!

A00223D9-2A54-4B64-B525-A0823BFA8BE5 (resized).jpegA00223D9-2A54-4B64-B525-A0823BFA8BE5 (resized).jpeg
#235 1 year ago

If anyone know ANY distributor that has a Pro without waiting till second release or worse please PM me. I will make it worth your while if a purchase is made.

Thanks in advance.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Well well well, the service manual is out for FF on Stern website. The deadpost is a generic stern parts
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-appearing-post-assembly.html[quoted image]

I have started looking to if you could drill a hole in the pro, mount it in and go to the same pins on the board. Ya think the Pro code calls the pins or how about loading the Prem code?

Mentioning for a friend.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I have started looking to if you could drill a hole in the pro, mount it in and go to the same pins on the board. Ya think the Pro code calls the pins or how about loading the Prem code?
Mentioning for a friend.

You just have to link it to the overdrive light & outlane switch switch with a relay board. Easy Peasy.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

If anyone know ANY distributor that has a Pro without waiting till second release or worse please PM me. I will make it worth your while if a purchase is made.
Thanks in advance.

pm sent

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

You just have to link it to the overdrive light & outlane switch switch with a relay board. Easy Peasy.

Very cool

#240 1 year ago

Going to order some titans now that the manual is out. Anyone got color reqs for them or most people just do clear?

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Going to order some titans now that the manual is out. Anyone got color reqs for them or most people just do clear?

I usually do clear, but looking at the playfield pics I think I’m gonna stick with black titans. I’m getting an LE so the darker green Titans don’t really fit and the glow Titans are a little bit too light green… … The blues or red would be an option, but I kinda like how the black stands out amidst the Zombie Yeti art to contrast

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

I use translucent on all games now, more light, don't bleed any dust like the blk ones seem to, and it's much cheaper having one color ring in my tool box

#243 1 year ago

Some of the washers were missing from my drop assembly. FYI. Probably isolated single error, but just in case you also experience. They’re a tough size to find at least according to my parts inventory ha. I found enough to get it back up and running.

Pic is after I found some but still missing one inconsequential.

516BFF59-E597-450B-9CE0-FE49A4B3BA16.jpeg516BFF59-E597-450B-9CE0-FE49A4B3BA16.jpeg
#244 1 year ago

BOOM, in the club and game shipping Monday!!!!

With much thanks to the amazing members on here I got a great contact for a distributor that had one in a box ready to ship. Great deal, free shipping, no CC fee's and met a great new contact for pins.

Great contact: Jeff @ Gameroomguys.com

https://www.gameroomguys.com/

THANK YOU 1963BSARGS

#245 1 year ago

Double posting this from hype thread:

Not sure it’s been said in the comparisons but the Pro is empirically easier for two key reasons. This is often the case as the pros end up being more deterministic(DPool excluded). No exception here.
Left outlane drains:
Pro- if overdrive is lit, ball save will be automatic. No center button required. (Though points are awarded if you hit the button anyways) Ball will plunge from shooter lane. Skilled players could even intercept the auto plunge for a plunge of their liking.
Pro- if overdrive is lit, even really slow dinky drains on that side will be saved.
Premium- must be awake and execute the bounce up from the post.
Premium- maybe or maybe not get control onto R flipper after successfully bouncing back up into playfield
Area51 multiball
Pro- never anything more than hitting R ramp to start
Premium- on second area51 and beyond the player must accomplish a fair amount on the upper pf
One small exception- a skilled player could utilize upper pf to advantage during multiball to keep too many balls from crowding down by main flippers thus opening up shots.
Lastly, I think the overlord magnet could introduce additional randomness and drains but I didn’t see any in my 10 or so games on premium.
They’re both fantastic. If I wasn’t an operator I still would have gotten the pro for home because of the $. Then again all three models are likely to appreciate unless Stern builds only Foo for the next two years… which given how good it is, maybe they should haha.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Double posting this from hype thread:
Not sure it’s been said in the comparisons but the Pro is empirically easier for two key reasons. This is often the case as the pros end up being more deterministic(DPool excluded). No exception here.
Left outlane drains:
Pro- if overdrive is lit, ball save will be automatic. No center button required. (Though points are awarded if you hit the button anyways) Ball will plunge from shooter lane. Skilled players could even intercept the auto plunge for a plunge of their liking.
Pro- if overdrive is lit, even really slow dinky drains on that side will be saved.
Premium- must be awake and execute the bounce up from the post.
Premium- maybe or maybe not get control onto R flipper after successfully bouncing back up into playfield
Area51 multiball
Pro- never anything more than hitting R ramp to start
Premium- on second area51 and beyond the player must accomplish a fair amount on the upper pf
One small exception- a skilled player could utilize upper pf to advantage during multiball to keep too many balls from crowding down by main flippers thus opening up shots.
Lastly, I think the overlord magnet could introduce additional randomness and drains but I didn’t see any in my 10 or so games on premium.
They’re both fantastic. If I wasn’t an operator I still would have gotten the pro for home because of the $. Then again all three models are likely to appreciate unless Stern builds only Foo for the next two years… which given how good it is, maybe they should haha.

On the Premium isn't the overdrive lit at the start of the game whereas on the Pro it is unlit which would help balance out that difficulty?

On the Premium Area 51, could you qualify and start the MB on your first right ramp hit if you play the upper playfield masterfully? I wonder how many times on average it takes to complete the playfield?

Do you think the Pro is any easier because of shot visibility for upper right flipper shots?

#247 1 year ago

I think they should add a setting to allow for a random song to play at ball launch rather than the player having to select it.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think they should add a setting to allow for a random song to play at ball launch rather than the player having to select it.

That's actually a great idea. Just let the game pick for me as an option.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

On the Premium isn't the overdrive lit at the start of the game whereas on the Pro it is unlit which would help balance out that difficulty?
On the Premium Area 51, could you qualify and start the MB on your first right ramp hit if you play the upper playfield masterfully? I wonder how many times on average it takes to complete the playfield?
Do you think the Pro is any easier because of shot visibility for upper right flipper shots?

Having just played them both at MGC, the Premium Overdrive was not lit on start. It had to be earned, same on the Pro. There is likely a setting somewhere for this. I struggled getting Area 51 on the Prem but it was very easy on the Pro, but I found it to be more rewarding when I got it on the Prem. The game is fast so multiball is chaos at its best. My angle on the Pro is you can see the ball a tad earlier coming out for the third flipper. But I didn't find it limiting my ability on the Prem. For most homeowners it will be timing vs visual IMO. Both play very well though.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

great question, not sure if you can achieve the full mb start if you keep it up there. I don’t think so… (?)

And yes there is a slight 3rd flipper timing visibility disadvantage on premium too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/5?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.