9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 265.
#2651 11 months ago

Desktop clock is in “Foo Mode” (I have all stern games loaded), in anticipation for delivery soon!

#2652 11 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Sounds like what mine does. I was able to tweak it a bit to help it be slightly more consistent, but it still goes bonkers every now and again. Haven’t messed with auto plunge power, only the nut mentioned in this thread earlier which slides the ramp rail guide in or out a bit.

Thanks, moved the ramp rail guide as far out as possible and jacked the auto plunger power to max and it hits the ramp 9/10 times now

#2653 11 months ago

Does anyone know function or how to fill in the side view gray van on lower left of LCD screen right below Bots counter. This van seems to get parts colored in during play, but have no idea what does what to cause this. To the right of this is V-A-N, which makes sense and fills in letters until city/van ramp is lit.

But man, no idea about the cartoon gray side view van otherwise? Is this the LCD screen 'view' of the modulator parts being upgraded on the playfield (engine, speaker, bomb)?

Thanks in advance!

#2654 11 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Does anyone know function or how to fill in the side view gray van on lower left of LCD screen right below Bots counter. This van seems to get parts colored in during play, but have no idea what does what to cause this. To the right of this is V-A-N, which makes sense and fills in letters until city/van ramp is lit.
But man, no idea about the cartoon gray side view van otherwise? Is this the LCD screen 'view' of the modulator parts being upgraded on the playfield (engine, speaker, bomb)?
Thanks in advance!

If you're talking about the outlines of stuff inside the van, you do that by upgrading the van Engine, Shield, and Bomb with the 3 drop targets. It works kind of like an advanced TWD supplies target bank in that the one that's flashing when you hit the first target is the one you will buff. So hit a target or three to select that item, then when all the targets are dropped, each time you hit the monobar behind where the targets were, the item you're upgrading shown in the first row, will "lock in" and move to the second row. You want to ideally get the second row for each item to red, the highest level. If you look at the van while you're in progress, the colors of the parts in and on top of the van will correspond to the current "locked in" colors on the Engine, Shield, and Bomb. If you're maxed out, you can finish city modes very quickly, though finishing a city nerfs all the stuff back to 0 and you have to re-buff each for the next city.

The dots between the two rows you can light up by hitting the monobar while a target or targets are still up, but that resets the drops.

#2655 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You have to really crank down the screws holding it to the target (not the playfield) TIGHT! Long nut driver is helpful.

That's what I did (with a long nut driver), but I guess it still isn't tight enough. Oh well, will redo when I'm installing PinWoofer next week...

#2656 11 months ago
Quoted from Nikko:

#58 is in play guys! Fantastic 900 mile round trip journey to get her … well worth it![quoted image]

Very nice...do you have some felt protection or something on those leg levelers though? I can't imagine what they are doing to the wood

#2657 11 months ago

So now that premiums are out there, is the premium worth the $2700 price tag?

#2658 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

IMG_7232 (resized).pngIMG_7232 (resized).png
#2659 11 months ago

There is no right or wrong answer to this. It depends on what you like and how you want to value things.

#2660 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Very nice...do you have some felt protection or something on those leg levelers though? I can't imagine what they are doing to the wood

I do yes.

#2661 11 months ago

Now that steak and chicken have been both out for a while, which is better?

#2662 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Hardest shot in IMDN, at least for me!

Amen. That shot is an absolute tough s.o.b.

#2663 11 months ago

People with LE/PE will say yes.

Pro owners will say no.

Enough in the wild to play both and decide. We went premium. 5 year old volunteered to help test play the two Taken at location.
20230507_162059 (resized).jpg20230507_162059 (resized).jpg

#2664 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Now that's easy and not up for debate. Steak.

#2665 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LEs are about bling, no dispute there. However, this statement is generally wrong if we're talking about premiums. Specifially for Foo Fighters, there's a pretty large difference.
At least one Foo Pro/Premium difference ABSOLUTELY affects gameplay. On the Pro, Area51 multiball is a freebie, a gimme, no skill required - hit the right ramp over and over. On the Premium you have to finish the upper targets, loop the mini playfield on the inside shot a number of times, until a diverter pops up revealing a secret target that you have to loop to the outside of the mini playfield to hit, starting the multiball. That's a SUBSTANTIAL difference in gameplay that definitely affects the gameplay in a fundamental way.
Iron Maiden Pro/Premium is similar. The Pro mummy shot is a gimme (much easier) shot on an open playfield to the captive ball next to the center ramp. On the Premium, you have to shoot through the pop bumpers up the left ramp to lock the ball in the mummy. Premium requires more consistent skill.

You can sandwich your opinions between a bunch of facts... but that doesn't make your opinion a fact. Nice try though.

#2666 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

People with LE/PE will say yes.
Pro owners will say no.
Enough in the wild to play both and decide. We went premium. 5 year old volunteered to help test play the two
[quoted image]

Please move that table to the left a few inches. Thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2667 11 months ago

I think so, I’m loving it

#2668 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LEs are about bling, no dispute there. However, this statement is generally wrong if we're talking about premiums. Specifially for Foo Fighters, there's a pretty large difference.
At least one Foo Pro/Premium difference ABSOLUTELY affects gameplay. On the Pro, Area51 multiball is a freebie, a gimme, no skill required - hit the right ramp over and over. On the Premium you have to finish the upper targets, loop the mini playfield on the inside shot a number of times, until a diverter pops up revealing a secret target that you have to loop to the outside of the mini playfield to hit, starting the multiball. That's a SUBSTANTIAL difference in gameplay that definitely affects the gameplay in a fundamental way.
Iron Maiden Pro/Premium is similar. The Pro mummy shot is a gimme (much easier) shot on an open playfield to the captive ball next to the center ramp. On the Premium, you have to shoot through the pop bumpers up the left ramp to lock the ball in the mummy. Premium requires more consistent skill.

Generally, I don't find the Premiums or LE's significantly different in play than the Pros. I know some people who can't live without the extras in the Prem/LE.
I also know a lot of other people who share the same opinion that I do... but I guess it's wrong since you say so?

#2669 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Generally, I don't find the Premiums or LE's significantly different in play than the Pros. I know some people who can't live without the extras in the Prem/LE.
I also know a lot of other people who share the same opinion that I do... but I guess it's wrong since you say so?

Isn't sharing opinions part of the reason this forum exists?

#2670 11 months ago

My budget will only allow for a pro right now and I'm pumped to be picking one up on Sat. Maybe a prem someday.

#2671 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Isn't sharing opinions part of the reason this forum exists?

I would hope so!

#2672 11 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Please move that table to the left a few inches. Thanks.

That was taken while play testing at a location

#2673 11 months ago

do they just drop code updates or do they schedule releases?

#2674 11 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

My budget will only allow for a pro right now and I'm pumped to be picking one up on Sat. Maybe a prem someday.

That's the best answer. Buy what you can afford, you can always upgrade if you feel the need later.

#2675 11 months ago

I usually go pro most of the time but after I played a premium at my friends house I decided to jump in with a premium. Now this Friday/Monday can’t come fast enough…On a side note I really wasn’t interested in this game because of the theme (Foo Fighters) but after playing it at my friends it just seemed like something I wanted in my lineup so I jumped on the Foo train.

#2676 11 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I usually go pro most of the time but after I played a premium at my friends house I decided to jump in with a premium. Now this Friday/Monday can’t come fast enough…On a side note I really wasn’t interested in this game because of the theme (Foo Fighters) but after playing it at my friends it just seemed like something I wanted in my lineup so I jumped on the Foo train.

Same here. It was completely off my radar until we walked up and played it.

#2677 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

It's not whether you believe there's a significant gameplay difference. The fact is for a number of Sterns there is an actual play difference between the Pro and Prem/LE requiring more or completely different shots to accomplish similar things or something completely different in addition due to additional hardware. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You can say you don't like the difference, and I have no qualm with that because it's your preference, but you can't say it's not there.

#2678 11 months ago

Are there any apps or ways on pinside to meet others with home collections locally that want to play together? I'd be more than happy to give a case of beers or contribute a $20 for upkeep to join a group of guys playing together. Hopefully learn some skills just watching

#2679 11 months ago

Lol. If you've read this thread you'll see some people are quite passionate about what model they have/had/want.

Personally, I had the chance to play both the Pro and Premium side by side at Midwest Gaming. Both were fun but I did NOT think the premium was worth the upgrade $$$.

I put my money where my mouth is and bought a pro. YMMV. I'm glad both models exist and I had a choice.

Keith

#2680 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Are there any apps or ways on pinside to meet others with home collections locally that want to play together? I'd be more than happy to give a case of beers or contribute a $20 for upkeep to join a group of guys playing together. Hopefully learn some skills just watching

Local leagues, pinball shows, or hit up the pinside pinmap to see who is around you and PM them here.

#2681 11 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Same. The theme wasn't a selling point for me. But after playing it at MGC, I liked what they did with the license. Plus the game was just SO fun to shoot that I had to get it.

#2682 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Are there any apps or ways on pinside to meet others with home collections locally that want to play together

Good start would be to include your own location here.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2683 11 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Good start would be to include your own location here.

I can see it under my username in posts, is it not displaying for others?

Nevermind I found the setting, thanks for the heads-up

#2684 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

It helps to share your location. I know that many of us are hesitant to do so as there are a lot of spammers and weird folks out there. I have listed by location and have been contacted by several local people that are now close pinball buddies. I have not experienced the downside yet.

So look on the pin side map, which is extremely useful. Send a PM to anyone that you might be interested in playing with. This is how I found several friends in the Dayton Ohio region. If you happen to be in the Ohio region let me know!

#2685 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Sorry for chiming in on your behalf, Doug. Please feel free to correct or add info I may have missed.

No problem. Everything I have seen you post has been correct and, I'm sure, helpful to the person asking.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

1. Should i remove the speaker foam or keep it in?
2. Is there any install vids of the led kit were talking about?

I would recommend removing the foam if you are using a Deluxe 5.25" (Type 13) Speaker Light Kit. If you don't...it looks out of focus and blurry. With the type 11, 12 and 14 light kits that light the entire grill area, I generally recommend that people keep the foam in place (unless certain acrylic designs are used on the front of the panels), but the type 13 kits that only light up around the speakers....I can't think of a single case where I would recommend the foam be left in place.

No install video, but...

Quoted from J85M:

Doug when you upgrade a premium to the le speakers, acrylic rings etc do the new speakers just bolt down onto the 5.25 plates or should there be a spacer used? Thank you.

No, with this light kit type, the light rings ARE the spacers that a speaker may need for tweeter clearance. All of my install instructions are on my website for anyone to see before making a purchase decision.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Deluxe-5.25-SPIKE-2-Install.html

Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone have a pic of the silver/chrome speaker acrylics from speakerlightkits?

Not sure if i should use them or the fluorescent green ones.

The silver mirror surrounds are pretty self-explanatory. If you have a regular mirror in your house, that is what the material looks like. The florescent green is a harder color to describe or to try to match things with. One thing that should be noted with the florescent green that I sell is that it is etched on one side (so it catches the light more). This makes it so, when the game is off, and the surround is not lit....it can have a slightly different color / look depending on if you have the etching facing in (as I would normally suggest) or with the etching facing out. When the light kit is turned on and the surround is backlit...that slight color difference is not really noticeable. I would describe the etching being out as having a slightly more yellow look to it. So that might be something a person look into when installing them.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2686 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I can see it under my username in posts, is it not displaying for others?
Nevermind I found the setting, thanks for the heads-up

Hey man if the drive isn’t too far you’re more than welcome to stop over and play and talk pinball. Captain’s showroom isn’t that far from you and has a great selection to try out different games.

#2687 11 months ago

Pro gang checking in... Played both at Allentown this weekend and the choice was easy. I'll probably wind up picking up another classic stern with the cash i have left over.
8AFDADC3-EBED-4F46-8487-E78B939FDF33 (resized).jpeg8AFDADC3-EBED-4F46-8487-E78B939FDF33 (resized).jpeg

#2688 11 months ago
Quoted from metalmike28:

Did you find a fix for this?

Yeah, it is lame but basically grab the bracket with your hands and bend it backwards. On my pro, I had to give it a solid 3mm. On the LE I had to do nothing.

#2689 11 months ago
Quoted from metalmike28:

I see you found a fix, could you post a pic, or maybe be more specific so I can see how to adjust it?
Thank you.

I can grab a picture tomorrow at my tournament.

#2690 11 months ago

One hell of a Foo weekend. Had the ball lock issue in New Orleans happen on two consecutive hits. I believe I had All My Life stacking. If not already reported I will report on the am. Finally launched sonic radio, nkw that I know what I am looking for. The Flipping Out episode really helped visualize the intrigues of advanced scoring.

IMG_2889 (resized).jpegIMG_2889 (resized).jpegIMG_2890 (resized).jpegIMG_2890 (resized).jpegIMG_2891 (resized).jpegIMG_2891 (resized).jpeg
#2691 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Steak unless you are in a budget than chicken.

#2692 11 months ago

The two things I love the most are not on the pro, Area 51 (a absolute delight when bouncing it off the runner to get control and into a grove) and the dead post which makes any player regardless of skill feel like a professional player. And shout out F yeah when they realize they are still in the fight.

#2693 11 months ago

Any body got any updates for those still waiting for LEs?

#2694 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not whether you believe there's a significant gameplay difference. The fact is for a number of Sterns there is an actual play difference between the Pro and Prem/LE requiring more or completely different shots to accomplish similar things or something completely different in addition due to additional hardware. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You can say you don't like the difference, and I have no qualm with that because it's your preference, but you can't say it's not there.

There are differences, yes, that's a fact. It's a matter of opinion whether those differences are significant. It's also a matter of opinion if those things are an enhancement, positive, negative, or even noticeable. Whether the differences are significant to gameplay is an opinion.

#2695 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

There are differences, yes, that's a fact. It's a matter of opinion whether those differences are significant. It's also a matter of opinion if those things are an enhancement, positive, negative, or even noticeable. Whether the differences are significant to gameplay is an opinion.

In this case, I don’t think you can say the differences aren’t significant to gameplay. With the code differences between the two and the importance of the upper playfield in the premium, it’s a different game.

By the way, I could care less about the pro vs premium debate. They are both great games and I hope everyone loves their Foo Fighters and plays the hell out of them.

#2696 11 months ago

New to the club. Got a Foo premium coming this week. Is anybody making plastic protectors for this one yet? I’d like to get them on there sooner than later. Thanks! Mike

#2697 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

New to the club. Got a Foo premium coming this week. Is anybody making plastic protectors for this one yet? I’d like to get them on there sooner than later. Thanks! Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/08333-stern-foo-fighters-plastic-protectors

#2698 11 months ago

Played FF Premium over the weekend for the first time, IMO the Pro is the better playing game. It's the additional PF that slows down the game leaving the Pro with better flow. The Death Save and sculpted figure are nice but that additional PF is a drag.

Save your money on this one, buy the Pro and this is coming from a guy who NEVER buys Pros!

#2699 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

sculpted figure

It is more than just a sculpted figure. There is a piston that animates it when barreling and with the shaker he is moving quite a bit.

#2700 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Played FF Premium over the weekend for the first time, IMO the Pro is the better playing game. It's the additional PF that slows down the game leaving the Pro with better flow. The Death Save and sculpted figure are nice but that additional PF is a drag.
Save your money on this one, buy the Pro and this is coming from a guy who NEVER buys Pros!

You’re going to get downvoted like crazy for going against the grain of most buyers here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 265.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/54?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.