PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 267.
#2501 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Highly doubtful you need that capacitor. That was a fix from many years ago. I wouldn’t install.

I thought that capacitor fix was responsible for blowing up node boards at the beginning of Spike 2? Or is this something else...

#2502 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

First time with these Pretty cool .Got the call ,I’m hoping Tuesday .
[quoted image]

Nice! I wonder if that means LE's are back on the line

#2503 11 months ago

Got my premium today, so much fun!!

IMG_1959 (resized).jpegIMG_1959 (resized).jpeg
#2504 11 months ago

Picked up Foo Fighters Premium and just got it set it up in my basement.

I swapped the green armor and T-molding that I had on Godzilla premium to Foo… ummm no regrets on this decision.

WOW!
Green really looks amazing on Foo Fighters!

The artwork is amazing and the green armor pops really well with it.

Sorry Godzilla

IMG_3343 (resized).jpegIMG_3343 (resized).jpegIMG_3344 (resized).jpegIMG_3344 (resized).jpegIMG_3345 (resized).jpegIMG_3345 (resized).jpegIMG_3346 (resized).jpegIMG_3346 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3350 (resized).jpegIMG_3350 (resized).jpeg
#2505 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yeah, April 19 LE here. We must have gotten in just under the wire.
Also got my van straightened out, easy peasy. After I took this pic I realized that the stop post under the van was canted, so I went back in and tweaked the bracket under the playfiled so it's more centered.
[quoted image]

My ball will stop every 30th ball or so that goes up there. Gets stoped an inch or so from the post. I will try that in the morning. Thx.

#2506 11 months ago

Anyone care to share how to start Super Sonic radio?

#2507 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

You just have to hit those radio targets above and to the left of the left sling A LOT and collect 5 mystery awards.

#2508 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Highly doubtful you need that capacitor. That was a fix from many years ago. I wouldn’t install.

I tend to agree. The posted date on the capacitor installation guide is dated 2018.

#2509 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

If you haven’t read through this, you should. Between this and the FlipNOut stream with RayDay, it explained most things for me.

http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--mystery

#2510 11 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Nice! I wonder if that means LE's are back on the line

LEs were on the line in the factory Friday video Stern posted yesterday!

#2511 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought that capacitor fix was responsible for blowing up node boards at the beginning of Spike 2? Or is this something else...

Something else. Blowing cabinet node was Pinball Life shaker, which Pinball Life addressed quickly. The cap fix was when the shaker was causing slam tilts but that was fixed long ago.

#2512 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Something else. Blowing cabinet node was Pinball Life shaker, which Pinball Life addressed quickly. The cap fix was when the shaker was causing slam tilts but that was fixed long ago.

Thank you for the info!

#2513 11 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Got my premium today, so much fun!!
[quoted image]

It’s cool seeing foo and scooby next to each other.

#2514 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You just have to hit those radio targets above and to the left of the left sling A LOT and collect 5 mystery awards.

I did not know that. I must be close then. Appreciate it.

#2515 11 months ago

Anyone add the wizard mod art blades or other graphics to their games? Curious what they look like installed.

#2516 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

If you haven’t read through this, you should. Between this and the FlipNOut stream with RayDay, it explained most things for me.
http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162#heading--mystery

This is great. So much better than the one from stern although thankful they have one at all. Thank you.

#2517 11 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

LEs were on the line in the factory Friday video Stern posted yesterday!

I couldn’t make out what model they were building in that video. It seemed like they purposely avoided anything to confirm the type.

#2518 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tommy didn't need to even see the ball. If he can excel, you can too!

As a Tommy owner, this made my day!

#2519 11 months ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I couldn’t make out what model they were building in that video. It seemed like they purposely avoided anything to confirm the type.

You can see the LE decals and the protective plastic on the cabs for the powder coat. Great to see they have the LEs back for those waiting.

#2520 11 months ago

Yeah, the fan noise is pretty bad in a home, I agree 100%!

But Stern can't install marginal fans and have the games shut down on location - that would be a far bigger problem than home users complaining about noise. Pinball machines make lots of noise even without the fans.

They do have to build for the edge cases. Most people with space and spare money for pinball machines haven't had a reason to visit a laundromat in a while... but they can get ridiculously hot, and it's not that rare to find pinball machines there. Even some public gamerooms are not air conditioned or are just open air types of areas in hot climates.

Our perfectly cooled to "PRECISELY! 71 degrees" gamerooms might be common, but they sure don't make up enough of the buyers to go weak on the cooling.

#2521 11 months ago

I need to find this chair

Screenshot_20230506_085233_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230506_085233_Facebook (resized).jpg

#2522 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Picked up Foo Fighters Premium and just got it set it up in my basement.
I swapped the green armor and T-molding that I had on Godzilla premium to Foo… ummm no regrets on this decision.
WOW!
Green really looks amazing on Foo Fighters!
The artwork is amazing and the green armor pops really well with it.
Sorry Godzilla
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Is that the dollar green? I'm thinking I'm going to find the brightest fluorescent green I can when I get mine.

#2523 11 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Nice! Is that the dollar green? I'm thinking I'm going to find the brightest fluorescent green I can when I get mine.

This is mine:

IMG_4935 (resized).jpegIMG_4935 (resized).jpegIMG_5098 (resized).jpegIMG_5098 (resized).jpeg
#2524 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

take look at your ball sitting in the shooter lane, if it's far away from the auto launch cradles, you may not be getting enough power for the manual launch and the ball is coming up short. I actually had to move mine to the left to prevent it from hitting the captive ball... What color spring was included in your shooter rod... It wouldn't be the first time the wrong one was installed

The ball seems fine in the shooter lane. I’ll keep looking at it though and try adjusting again. Still trying to decide how far I want to tear things apart to do a few of these rubbers.

As for the spring… um orange? Or red maybe? I can’t really tell. Didn’t know there was a difference.

IMG_1152 (resized).jpegIMG_1152 (resized).jpeg
#2525 11 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

The ball seems fine in the shooter lane. I’ll keep looking at it though and try adjusting again. Still trying to decide how far I want to tear things apart to do a few of these rubbers.
As for the spring… um orange? Or red maybe? I can’t really tell. Didn’t know there was a difference.[quoted image]

White is the bounciest rubber, so if you really want a little something extra, white rubber. Black is easier for maintenance because it doesn't show dirt, but it is less bouncy than white. Marco has the best rubber out there for bounciness. Haven't found anyone else close. PBL is my usual go-to for pinball stuff, but their white rubber doesn't compare.

#2526 11 months ago

OMG how do you trap the ball in this game! it's soooo fast.

I just got mine and I'm trying to practice shots over and over and the best i can do is practice a sequence of shots that eventually lead to an easy catch!

I also suck at pinball, so...

#2527 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

White is the bounciest rubber, so if you really want a little something extra, white rubber. Black is easier for maintenance because it doesn't show dirt, but it is less bouncy than white. Marco has the best rubber out there for bounciness. Haven't found anyone else close. PBL is my usual go-to for pinball stuff, but their white rubber doesn't compare.

The clear silicone is super bouncy too. I love it, it lasts forever, wipes off easily, looks awesome, and allows more light through. But then it makes it super hard to catch the balls, so it makes the game harder. I’m switching back to black on flippers so it plays more like games on route, so I play better on those. Stern stock post sleeves are hard as a rock compared to any replacement I’ve seen (even black). They almost feel like plastic instead of rubber!

#2528 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I need to find this chair
[quoted image]

Given that it was generated in midjourney, unlikely to exist IRL. The penis feet are a bit disturbing, too.

#2529 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that it was generated in midjourney, unlikely to exist IRL. The penis feet are a bit disturbing, too.

Damn it, PM! Now there's another thing I can't unsee.

#2530 11 months ago

New game, did .94 update. Getting the following tech alerts: check Node Board 1, 8,9: not initialized. Anyone have any help?

#2531 11 months ago
Quoted from kwan8:

New game, did .94 update. Getting the following tech alerts: check Node Board 1, 8,9: not initialized. Anyone have any help?

Power off. Glass off. Balls out. Raise playfield. Reseat the connections on the board to the left of the coin door on the left cabinet wall inside (Node 1) and the two node boards under the playfield (Node 8, by the left flipper. Node 9, at the bottom of the playfield when it's raised). Return balls. Return glass. Make sure coin door is closed. Power on.

If that doesn't work, power off. Remove backglass and reseat connectors on Node 0 (the main CPU board) in the backbox. Replace backglass. Make sure coin door is closed. Power on.

#2532 11 months ago

gorgar007 pindefender installed and in-place. Thanks for the directions. Easy install but you need to take out the launch ramp to get to a screw:

Question for the group, the back of my playfield looks to be missing a thin layer of plywood all along the back of the playfield. Causing the splintering you see by the ball launch mount. Is this considered acceptable or worthy of a RMA? Thanks.

IMG_2865 (resized).jpegIMG_2865 (resized).jpegIMG_2867 (resized).jpegIMG_2867 (resized).jpegIMG_2868 (resized).jpegIMG_2868 (resized).jpegIMG_2871 (resized).jpegIMG_2871 (resized).jpegIMG_2873 (resized).jpegIMG_2873 (resized).jpegIMG_2874 (resized).jpegIMG_2874 (resized).jpegIMG_2876 (resized).jpegIMG_2876 (resized).jpeg
#2533 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

gorgar007 pindefender installed and in-place. Thanks for the directions. Easy install but you need to take out the launch ramp to get to a screw:
Question for the group, the back of my playfield looks to be missing a thin layer of plywood all along the back of the playfield. Causing the splintering you see by the ball launch mount. Is this considered acceptable or worthy of a RMA? Thanks.

HBGamer,

Plywood is structural and often has voids in the layers. It's really no cause for concern in 95% of the use cases due to the alternating direction of the layers of the ply, though it can be surprising to see it when it lands on the edge where it can be seen. As long as the voids aren't on the top/visible side, it's really not an issue, even for furniture and cabinet grade plywood. The appropriate thing was done here, and the rough parts were put where they wouldn't be seen in the final product. The splintering at the ball launcher looks like it might be separate damage possibly from being dropped or bangled around.

I wouldn't sweat that one bit. I have an original Joust video game that has a 3" wide missing section in the 2nd ply going the entire length of the cabinet. It's actually visible to the eye because it's in the 2nd layer and not in the middle or back side like it should be.

#2534 11 months ago

After a week with my LE I can confirm a few things mentioned on this thread.

- Inserts are raised. I don’t have any other stern with inserts this high off the playfield.
- Coil stops are not screwed in. I had mine fall out and I didn’t realize the coil was dangling, ended up in a huge spark when it grounded against the lockdown bar. Luckily no damage.

Also, I noticed something pretty cool. There is an inset under the left flipper for Dave’s “overdrive petal” which flashes when you use overdrive.

#2535 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

- Inserts are raised. I don’t have any other stern with inserts this high off the playfield.
- Coil stops are not screwed in. I had mine fall out and I didn’t realize the coil was dangling, ended up in a huge spark when it grounded against the lockdown bar. Luckily no damage.
Also, I noticed something pretty cool. There is an inset under the left flipper for Dave’s “overdrive petal” which flashes when you use overdrive.

Yes, there are a number of easter egg type hidden gems on the playfield. Great visual design and love the overall artwork. ZY is a boss!

#2536 11 months ago

Holly Shiz, my son a casual player just
Annihilated my GC! Kicking himself because he forgot to log in to IC. Champ of the house.

Also found a cherry stem in Foo while installing the pindefender straight from the back streets of bot infested Chicago

IMG_0731 (resized).jpegIMG_0731 (resized).jpegIMG_2877 (resized).jpegIMG_2877 (resized).jpeg
#2537 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Yes, there are a number of easter egg type hidden gems on the playfield. Great visual design and love the overall artwork. ZY is a boss!

This just shows the level of detail that makes this game so special. Dave stomping on the box to trigger the dead post!

#2538 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious how these pin defenders are working for people? Any issues with plunging with them?

#2539 11 months ago

Joined the club with a Premium this week. Amazing game. Gonna give Godzilla a run for its money. Jack did a great job on this one. Need to rearrange my layout to make room but got it setup and family is putting lots of plays on it.

IMG_5673 (resized).jpegIMG_5673 (resized).jpegIMG_5681 (resized).jpegIMG_5681 (resized).jpeg
#2540 11 months ago
Quoted from kwan8:

Make sure coin door is closed after update as well. The node boards can not be updated and initialized unless high voltage is enabled which requires door to be closed or switch inside door to be pulled out.

#2541 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Curious how these pin defenders are working for people? Any issues with plunging with them?

Have had mine in for a few weeks, no issues.

#2542 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy crap ! I can’t unsee them now .There’s 12 of them also lmfao !

61C72FF4-F265-4489-B4D7-8790A0229CA4 (resized).png61C72FF4-F265-4489-B4D7-8790A0229CA4 (resized).png
#2543 11 months ago

Got my mikespins Overlord (with disguise! ) shooter rod and Back Stage Pass shooter plate installed. Fun stuff.
IMG_2575 (resized).jpegIMG_2575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2576 (resized).jpegIMG_2576 (resized).jpeg

#2544 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

With these issues, what’s your serial number? Mines 433

#2545 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

He’s a good friend of mine so I’m a little biased. I honestly love them tho… i was getting wear even w/ cliffy’s on there and this 100% eliminates that. Plus I much prefer the colors… they seem nice and smooth also… I’ve got em on almost all my games now. It’s important to lift the rails up and slide it through rather than try and wedge it under… I had one fail that way but i do believe it cracked when I installed it because of flex. On my tmnt I had to add one of his pucks to my shooter rod because that slight height difference seemed to make it weaker on launch? But the little puck tip fixed it.

#2546 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

With these issues, what’s your serial number? Mines 433

Whoa, mine’s 434!
IMG_2581 (resized).jpegIMG_2581 (resized).jpeg

#2547 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Whoa, mine’s 434!
[quoted image]

Small world!! How many plays on yours? I have almost 50, but haven’t really seen anything out of the ordinary yet.

#2548 11 months ago

Pinside question.
Is there a setting that allows you to start with first new post rather than always scrolling and finding page to get to new posts?

#2549 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Small world!! How many plays on yours? I have almost 50, but haven’t really seen anything out of the ordinary yet.

53 plays so far here, most of them by my wife. . She loves this game. No major issues with mine, just tweaked my van a little bit as it was tilted to the side.

#2550 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Got my mikespins Overlord (with disguise! ) shooter rod and Back Stage Pass shooter plate installed. Fun stuff.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is that the magnet in the goin door ? Looks killer .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/51?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.