PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 267.
#2301 11 months ago

Updated my rule card this morning.

IMG_0682 (resized).jpegIMG_0682 (resized).jpeg
#2302 11 months ago

Working with my distributor, who is working with Stern on some of the playfield/insert issues. If a ball is rolling slow enough you can see it "bump" over a few of the inserts. I get there is a lottery with the playfield sometimes, but this is the only one in the last 6 NIB Sterns that isn't really smooth.

Game is a blast though!

image0 (5) (resized).jpegimage0 (5) (resized).jpegimage2 (2) (resized).jpegimage2 (2) (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpegimage3 (1) (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg
#2303 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Working with my distributor, who is working with Stern on some of the playfield/insert issues. If a ball is rolling slow enough you can see it "bump" over a few of the inserts. I get there is a lottery with the playfield sometimes, but this is the only one in the last 6 NIB Sterns that isn't really smooth.
Game is a blast though![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow I think yours might look worse than mine! I sent some pics (hard to really capture the raised inserts in photos!) to my distributor and he claims he's going to try and get a new playfield. When the ball is moving full speed it never noticably deflects but when there's a slow roller, it's really annoying to see the ball get diverted from its original path by hitting the edge of one of those raised inserts.

#2304 11 months ago

I hope they fix that for you, it would drive me crazy. Of course mine is still in the box lol. Try a rubber mallet. I am sure you could get them back down fairly easily.

#2305 11 months ago

Played a pro on location and the playfield was pretty bad. The insert edges were like the pics above.

#2306 11 months ago

I have the LE setup in my home (not going to the co-op, ever. Sorry to anyone expecting to see an LE there) and the game is a BLAST!

-- Ball has so many paths it can do, and it's so quick through the turns that you best be on your toes the whole time or you'll miss out on great shots. There are four flippers in this game, and you should be using every single one within fractions of a second. It's non-stop action with great flow!

-- The upper playfield is awesome! I love upper playfields, and this is one of the best for sure. Again, you best be quick or else you'll miss the ball, but if you can get 2-3 shots off, you're doing something right, and you're rewarded pretty heavily for it. Nicely done.

-- The skillshot sequence is super fun. I didn't have this on my must haves, but I'm glad it's there.

-- It's lit up so well! The expression lighting adds a unique experience I didn't anticipate.

What a game already and the code is still getting better. I'll add a review much later, but I'm stoked this thing is in my home right now.

BONUS: My wife LOVES it! "I want to keep playing but I need to sleep". Love that.

#2307 11 months ago

I’m going to assume there will be a code patch very soon, it looks like this latest update introduced some bugs.

I’ve had several times where the game now kicks out two balls.

#2308 11 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m going to assume there will be a code patch very soon, it looks like this latest update introduced some bugs.

Doesn't sound like code. Sounds like a coincidence that it started happening shortly after you updated the code, perhaps.

#2309 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Doesn't sound like code. Sounds like a coincidence that it started happening shortly after you updated the code, perhaps.

There was another user a few pages back that had it happen after updating to the latest code, so it could be a battle of the coincidences!

#2310 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It never happened before the code update and it happened twice in 3 games after the update.

Quoted from Boslaw:

Also, I've had 2 balls pop into the shooter lane twice. I don't know what precipitated that.

Another Pinsider posted this yesterday. Same thing.

I doubt it’s a coincidence.

#2311 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

In your pictures, the layers of painted text is also visible.

Wade

#2312 11 months ago

Hey all, I’m considering getting the entire pinwoofer kit. Is it worth upgrading the LE speakers? Do the pinwoofer speakers really make a noticeable difference compared to the LE kenwood speakers? Thanks!

#2313 11 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey all, I’m considering getting the entire pinwoofer kit. Is it worth upgrading the LE speakers? Do the pinwoofer speakers really make a noticeable difference compared to the LE kenwood speakers? Thanks!

They are great on a lot of pins. Music pins are great for Pinwoofer Products. I am just saving up some funds to get them for mine. I usually go with the 4.25 in speakers.

#2314 11 months ago

100% worth upgrading. The speakers are very high quality and the addition of the amp changes the game. I have one in FF and Rush and would never go back.

#2315 11 months ago

Quoted from JH315:

100% worth upgrading. The speakers are very high quality and the addition of the amp changes the game. I have one in FF and Rush and would never go back.

Hey brickbuilder14 - yes, our speakers blow them away and good speakers are critically important. Below is a relevant comment:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/43#post-7560056

About 25% of our customers add an external subwoofer to their music titles, but you can try it without first and gauge for yourself.

Below is the kit you'll need:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Thanks (and thanks for the shout-out JH315 !),

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

PW Speaks (resized).jpgPW Speaks (resized).jpg
#2316 11 months ago

Haven’t had a single one on this code and only one out of 300 plays on the older code.

#2317 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

What the hell happened to that clear coat??? Who sprayed that?!! That looks like garbage!!! It’s not smooth because of that clear coat also. That’s bad, really bad. I don’t understand how no one is complaining about that abysmal clear coat. No wet sanding will fix that.

#2318 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What the hell happened to that clear coat??? Who sprayed that?!! That looks like garbage!!! It’s not smooth because of that clear coat also. That’s bad, really bad. I don’t understand how no one is complaining about that abysmal clear coat. No wet sanding will fix that.

Pretty sure he is complaining.
"Working with my distributor, who is working with Stern "

#2319 11 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

This definitely has been an issue with stern now. Some Bond LE’s have been horrible also. Zero excuses for this. This playfield should have never been out in any game.

#2320 11 months ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey brickbuilder14 - yes, our speakers blow them away and good speakers are critically important. Below is a relevant comment:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/43#post-7560056
About 25% of our customers add an external subwoofer to their music titles, but you can try it without first and gauge for yourself.
Below is the kit you'll need:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/
Thanks (and thanks for the shout-out JH315 !),
Dan
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Thanks Dan! Ok I’m going to do it. My first time buying pinwoofer so just wanted to be sure. How easy is it to transfer my Kenwood LE speakers to another machine? Also I do have an external sub, do I buy the additional line trimmer option as well? Thanks!

#2321 11 months ago

Hi all! Thinking of purchasing a Foo Fighters, but I did have a question I was hoping someone might could answer. We have a lot of younger kids who like to come and play, and I was wondering if when you have it in the family friendly mode, if it censors the songs in addition to removing the callouts with language.

#2322 11 months ago
Quoted from TheBensanity:

Hi all! Thinking of purchasing a Foo Fighters, but I did have a question I was hoping someone might could answer. We have a lot of younger kids who like to come and play, and I was wondering if when you have it in the family friendly mode, if it censors the songs in addition to removing the callouts with language.

I don't think there's any profanity in any of the songs in the game so there shouldn't be anything to censor.

#2323 11 months ago

None of the included songs have profanity in them. Monkey Wrench has one curse word in the middle in the original track but the game track cycles back to the beginning prior to this.

#2324 11 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Haha yeah, I hate to complain but….it was noticeable from a distance, let alone closer up. Hope they will help out!

#2325 11 months ago

I’m in baby! Just delivered.

70491643683__90C8FB39-6753-428E-9F77-CF170AD2C2FE (resized).jpeg70491643683__90C8FB39-6753-428E-9F77-CF170AD2C2FE (resized).jpeg
#2326 11 months ago

Thanks Dan! Ok I’m going to do it. My first time buying pinwoofer so just wanted to be sure. How easy is it to transfer my Kenwood LE speakers to another machine? Also I do have an external sub, do I buy the additional line trimmer option as well? Thanks!

Super news brickbuilder14 !

*In order to utilize the studio level output of the PinWoofer amp, yes, please add a line trimmer to the cart by checking the box.

*Next, you have two options if you want to re-use those speakers:

i) add a set of our 4in to 5.25in interposers to your cart, which allow you to mount those 5.25in speakers to the Premium 4in panel. Below is the shop item link which includes an instructional video if you scroll down:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-2-4in-to-5-25in-pinball-backbox-speaker-mounting-ring-set/

ii) get a set of 5.25in plates (available at http://speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html) and transfer the factory mounting spacers and speakers from FF LE and using the new plates.

Option i) above is is about $25 and option ii) is about $50-$70.

You can always wait until FF is upgraded, and then it will be much more obvious what's going on. (Don't forget to save any extra fasteners and parts when you install into FF.)

Give a shout if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Dan
[email protected]

#2327 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Apparently you’re able to hit the shots you want. I’m horrible at that and my scores suffer. I honestly score higher when I just try to keep the ball in play and that’s it. It hurts that I love pinball but really suck at playing!
Wade

I miss my share of shots, too! But if you're missing everything you want, all the time, just dial it back and make a mini-clinic for yourself, trying to hit, for example, the targets only and then the paddle behind to upgrade the van. Practice plunging to hit a drop target to get a bonus, practice sweeping the 3 targets with one shot from the side, practice backhanding the 3 drop targets. Any way you can get at them, do that, over and over and over. You WILL program that into your muscle memory, you just need to do it a lot. Don't pay any attention to the game or score, just keep trying to make that shot. Try it on the fly and also from a stop where you controlled the ball to bring it to rest.

Then, once you get that shot more consistently, move to something else - ramps, spinners, captive ball, etc. Learning the shots through specific repetition of just the shot you want to learn without the distraction of the game (set the game to 10 ball so you're not interrupted by "game over") is a wax on/off method that works. When you put it together in a game, you'll be surprised how many shots you're choosing and making.

#2328 11 months ago

None of the included songs have profanity in them. Monkey Wrench has one curse word in the middle in the original track but the game track cycles back to the beginning prior to this.

Thanks! I know the song "Something from Nothing" in the Chicago mode drops a F-bomb. I heard that part play on the Flip-N-Out stream last night. They did have adult mode on so wasn't sure if that would cycle back like you mentioned on Monkey Wrench or just bleep it out.

#2329 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Apparently you’re able to hit the shots you want. I’m horrible at that and my scores suffer. I honestly score higher when I just try to keep the ball in play and that’s it. It hurts that I love pinball but really suck at playing!
Wade

A little trick you will want to try, if you want to learn with the training wheels on’...remove the playfield glass and start playing; it’s an easier way to learn the shots this way..then when you’re ready, put the glass back in and letter rip!

#2330 11 months ago

Thanks! I know the song "Something from Nothing" in the Chicago mode drops a F-bomb. I heard that part play on the Flip-N-Out stream last night. They did have adult mode on so wasn't sure if that would cycle back like you mentioned on Monkey Wrench or just bleep it out.

Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think there's any profanity in any of the songs in the game so there shouldn't be anything to censor.

It plays the entire song actually for Monkey wrench including the screaming shit part

and

"Fuck it all" in something from nothing

#2331 11 months ago

Lower the trough eject power to 200. (Feature adjustment #10). I do this on most all of my spike 2 pins.
Here's why.
With too much power the ball bounces off of the rail and lands back in the trough on top of another ball that is now loaded (because of gravity). The machine sees there's no ball on the shooter lane switch and then ejects the two balls into the shooter lane.

Junky

#2332 11 months ago

#2333 11 months ago

Nope. Just checked. It's still there with Adult mode off.

"Pay no mind, now, ain't that something?
Fuck it all, I came from nothing"

That said, they have to get IN that mode AND keep the ball in play for a relatively long time to get to that point in the song. Seems an unlikely feat for young kids.

#2334 11 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Lower the trough eject power to 200. (Feature adjustment #10). I do this on most all of my spike 2 pins.
Here's why.
With too much power the ball bounces off of the rail and lands back in the trough on top of another ball that is now loaded (because of gravity). The machine sees there's no ball on the shooter lane switch and then ejects the two balls into the shooter lane.
Junky

I have mine set on the minimum of 176 and it still ejects fine. Less is more.

#2335 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nope. Just checked. It's still there with Adult mode off.
"Pay no mind, now, ain't that something?
Fuck it all, I came from nothing"
That said, they have to get IN that mode AND keep the ball in play for a relatively long time to get to that point in the song. Seems an unlikely feat for young kids.

Very true! Thanks for checking on that for me. Much appreciated!

#2336 11 months ago

I remember reading when people starting taking receipt of the LE's that the deadpost was kicking into the left flipper rather than up into the right. Mine is doing that as well. Is there a fix?

#2337 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

I remember reading when people starting taking receipt of the LE's that the deadpost was kicking into the left flipper rather than up into the right. Mine is doing that as well. Is there a fix?

It's in the thread index list

#2338 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

Its a timing thing, you have to lift the left flipper right as the ball hits the deadpost or it will hit the left flipper square in the center.

#2339 11 months ago

I'd order the cdu from him as well. Direct control of the subwoofer, external volume and coin door button, bbu is built in and headphone jack. Very cool unit.

#2340 11 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Its a timing thing, you have to lift the left flipper right as the ball hits the deadpost or it will hit the left flipper square in the center.

I that’s not it. It’s something to do with the apron maybe. I’ve done it on location without issue. It can’t clear the raised flipper.

#2341 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It plays the entire song actually for Monkey wrench including the screaming shit part
and
"Fuck it all" in something from nothing

Some may say I'm a bad parent, but I have never censored art or music from my child. That means sometimes I have to have a conversation about appropriately using certain words and where and when it's appropriate, but so be it.

#2342 11 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Here's why.
Junky

No dupes for me after changing this.

#2343 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

I that’s not it. It’s something to do with the apron maybe. I’ve done it on location without issue. It can’t clear the raised flipper.

Click on thread index at the top of any page in this thread (click on keypost summary to sort the list). The solution is linked there.

#2344 11 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Some are coming off the line built so it's not possible even with the correct timing. The fix is easy, though.

#2345 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Click on thread index at the top of any page in this thread (click on keypost summary to sort the list). The solution is linked there.

Thanks!

#2346 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

serious orange peal action! sprayed too dry and too thin. Hopefully Stern quickly steps up and swaps that.

#2347 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

OMG that's awful. 2 out of the last 4 sterns - they replaced my playfield. You have to keep on at them for a long time and then it runs 6 months, but that's terrible...

#2348 11 months ago

The FF Silhouette Topper is ready in my Pinside Shop. It should be available soon through Mezelmods, as well.

This is a three-piece, laser-cut, powder-coated metal that attaches to the screw pattern on the top of backbox.

I don't sell the illumination kit through my Pinside Shops because it's a Mezelmods product. A few pics below showing unlit and a few screen grabs of the colorchanging kit. $135 in my Pinside Shop without the lighting kit.

I currently have Silhouette Toppers for 15 Stern games. AIQ is coming soon.

FF Edited Without Lighting (resized).jpgFF Edited Without Lighting (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 3 (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 3 (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 5 (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 5 (resized).jpg
#2349 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Some may say I'm a bad parent, but I have never censored art or music from my child. That means sometimes I have to have a conversation about appropriately using certain words and where and when it's appropriate, but so be it.

Same here. Have you seen TV lately? Also nothing compared to what they hear at school. Every kid over 5 know the “F word” they may not yes know what that word is though.

#2350 11 months ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,309 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/47?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.