9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 265.
#2051 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

... for me the only thing missing are the call-outs that I know are coming and whatever else they have planned mode related... but honestly throwing the DIY pinwoofer amp in there and using 8ohm backbox setting with no EQ and letting the PW handle the audio makes this pin a blast to play the ball sounds are amazing... Lots of 3D spatial audio effects and the music sounds incredible... Lots of subtle nuances you just won't hear on the base system.. it's actually one of my best sounding pins as it stands in the current code
Here's just a snippet and obviously this is just on a cell phone with no mixed audio and you can't hear the sub thumping... But the external amp is handling all the processing while the equalizer on the spike 2 is turned off... The volume here is set at 18 and any more would be actually too loud for playing comfortably for long periods

Love the speaker lights!

#2052 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

... for me the only thing missing are the call-outs that I know are coming and whatever else they have planned mode related... but honestly throwing the DIY pinwoofer amp in there and using 8ohm backbox setting with no EQ and letting the PW handle the audio makes this pin a blast to play the ball sounds are amazing... Lots of 3D spatial audio effects and the music sounds incredible... Lots of subtle nuances you just won't hear on the base system.. it's actually one of my best sounding pins as it stands in the current code
Here's just a snippet and obviously this is just on a cell phone with no mixed audio and you can't hear the sub thumping... But the external amp is handling all the processing while the equalizer on the spike 2 is turned off... The volume here is set at 18 and any more would be actually too loud for playing comfortably for long periods

Sounds much improved with the DIY PW Amp. I usually do the full kit, but I think this might be the ticket for now (best bang for the buck). Thanks for the reminder/recommendation.

#2053 11 months ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Could this just be the new way? Stern puts out 1st run of pro, LE, premium. Then back to LE to finish them up.

I thought it had been reported that they had Decal problems and therefore temporarily switched to Prems, from LEs.
I got this info directly from my dist, who got it directly from Stern...

#2054 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the connections soldered to the actual LED board or just the plug that goes into the coin door interface board?

Did a continuity test on each wire to the board and it all passes. I wonder if the LED is out. Anything else I should try before ordering this and resoldering? https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-rgb-pcb-led-board.html

#2055 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Did a continuity test on each wire to the board and it all passes. I wonder if the LED is out. Anything else I should try before ordering this and resoldering? https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-rgb-pcb-led-board.html

Take another led light board from a different location (like one of the dome lights) and swap it to see if it works.

#2056 11 months ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I have seen this today on my premium, doesn’t seem like a sensor issue. Trying to recreate it, I think I was in New York mode?

I had this several times. Gate closed no ball during overlord multiball and had to get it time out. Another with the ball captured, one ball in play, drain and it didn’t end play as it still thought another ball was in play, and finally released the ball with the ball search. Only happened twice in 200 plays or so.

#2057 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I had this several times. Gate closed no ball during overlord multiball and had to get it time out. Another with the ball captured, one ball in play, drain and it didn’t end play as it still thought another ball was in play, and finally released the ball with the ball search. Only happened twice in 200 plays or so.

I've seen this several times now. Can't seem to pin down exactly what is causing it to happen. I think most of the time mine has been in New Orleans mode, but it could be that is because I play that one first most games. The odd part is that it doesn't drop the capture pins on the first ball search... has to do a 2nd one, so the wait is even longer than it needs to be.

#2058 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

And it pulls from lots of sources too.. walking Dead, Jurassic Park, X-Men, They both play completely different and are actually perfect in line up together just my $.02

I noticed the X-Men similarities as well. Caught my self saying that a few time already.

#2059 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've seen this several times now. Can't seem to pin down exactly what is causing it to happen. I think most of the time mine has been in New Orleans mode, but it could be that is because I play that one first most games. The odd part is that it doesn't drop the capture pins on the first ball search... has to do a 2nd one, so the wait is even longer than it needs to be.

I usually do Roswell and New Orleans so it might just be New Orleans.

#2060 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Man oh man I played FF pro last night again and can see why there is so much hype for the pro version. Had a friend and wife play with me and my buddy who hasn't played pinball in 20 years could not believe it, he said the new games are over the top!!! He loved it so much he will be buying some machines for his lake home, and needs a escalara, which he will be buying.
It was funny watching him pull off a shimmy shake from 20 years ago and falling in love with pinball again +1
I am in for a LE and can't imagine how packed the game will feel considering the pro seems like it would be impossible to improve on!!!

Stern should be so happy about this game. So well received from damn near everyone in the hobby.

#2061 11 months ago

Just had the idea for some cool digital art to go with my foo machine. Was thinking of like a dot matrix display with active listening that would display the lyrics in sync after identifying the song. Be cool to have them playing on a screen on either side of the machine. Found Musixmatch which is really close and has some apis that could be leveraged, but the identify is passive and has to be manually triggered for external sound. I’ll have to keep looking around.

#2062 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Could you tell or share with us a tad more on what you bought and did to make that sound so delicious?!

#2063 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems like they've backed off to save a few cents per standup.

Just checked my premium - almost every target in the game has the straighteners, even the one inside the overlord cage.

#2064 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Check the +5v at the connector on the coin door interface board just to make sure the harness is getting power. Ordering a new RGB board won't help if your node board is bad and not sending power to that connector.

#2065 11 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just checked my premium - almost every target in the game has the straighteners, even the one inside the overlord cage.

I didn't look specifically at the pro target brackets under the PF before it went, but at least 3 were leaning after playing the machine a few days. Wonder if the Pro didn't get them?

#2066 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't look specifically at the pro target brackets under the PF before it went, but at least 3 were leaning after playing the machine a few days. Wonder if the Pro didn't get them?

My LE targets are leaning. I ordered a bunch of brackets from PinballLife. Kind of surprised the Premium has straighteners...I've never seen a Stern game with reinforced targets (to avoid movement). Odd. Would be useful to see a photo if it's convenient for someone.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2067 11 months ago

Here's what the targets look like on my Pro. They look like they are reinforced.

20230501_154104 (resized).jpg20230501_154104 (resized).jpg20230501_154109 (resized).jpg20230501_154109 (resized).jpg
#2068 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the +5v at the connector on the coin door interface board just to make sure the harness is getting power. Ordering a new RGB board won't help if your node board is bad and not sending power to that connector.

So I should have noticed this before but the R and the +5 wires are swapped. So R is getting the 5V and and 5V is getting nothing. Now to find a tiny flat head to repin the connector....

Thanks Pinmonk

#2069 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My LE targets are leaning. I ordered a bunch of brackets from PinballLife. Kind of surprised the Premium has straighteners...I've never seen a Stern game with reinforced targets (to avoid movement). Odd. Would be useful to see a photo if it's convenient for someone.

Stern does use the anti sway targets on some games. Some they do not. But when they use them it's the same as what Pinball Life sells.

#2070 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

So I should have noticed this before but the R and the +5 wires are swapped. So R is getting the 5V and and 5V is getting nothing. Now to find a tiny flat head to repin the connector....
Thanks Pinmonk

It's all about step by step until you find the solution. Glad you're close to finding yours for this issue!

If that blew up your RGB board, I'd definitely ask for a warranty replacement from Stern...

#2071 11 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Mine has these too - Pro model.

Wade

#2072 11 months ago

I just picked up a Foo Pro yesterday and set it up and played it today. I really like this game! Already I like it so much more than I ever liked Godzilla, which never clicked with me and felt like I was constantly punished for missed and UNmissed shots alike. I could go on and on.

So the things I like about Foo. The art, music, and animations are good. I like that all animations are a consistent cartoon style, rather than 3 different styles all mashed together like some Sterns which to me just looks cheap and unfinished. JJP does a much better job in that department, they make it all blend together well. Foo Fighters isn't one of my favorite bands, but I like their music well enough, and definitely better than most other rock themed pins. The flow and the shots on this game are very satisfying. Also, I like that there are 2 good upper flipper shots instead of just one. I'm finding this game to be pretty generous with missed shots too. Rarely do I miss a shot and get crushed from it, usually the ball flies somewhere where I can get a piece of it. In that way it's easier than a lot of games, but I'm liking that that. I thought the big overlord ship on the Premium/LE was a bit much, and I actually like the smaller, less emphasized plastic ship of the Pro. I haven't played a Premium/LE to give any input on the upper playfield.

About the only thing I don't like is the Overload voice - it's annoying. I think it'd be better with a deeper, low octave effect on the voice than the Cryptkeeper style voice.

I don't really understand the rules at all yet but that's OK.

Wade

#2073 11 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Could you tell or share with us a tad more on what you bought and did to make that sound so delicious?!

So since this was the LE, the Kenwoods were already in place in the backbox. I did, however, swap out the cabinet speaker to the one Pinwoofer sells as well as the spacer he provides. The cabinet speaker does provide a little more in the low end and I would probably utilize it more if not for my external sub to carry the lows with a crossover of 80hz on the sub.

In the Stern setup menu, I changed the backboxto 8 ohms, and left the cabinet at 8 as well. I then turned off the equalizer from hi/low shelf to NONE as the pinwoofer colors the signal plenty. That way I'm providing more of a flat sound signal to the PW processor. Here is the link to the Stern DIY kit https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-stern-diy/

I added the cabinet speaker and spacer ring to the final order, but all the other wiring and harnesses come with the kit

I then turned my system volume to 18 and then set the DIY pinwoofer settings according to the Pinwoofer site suggestions. The only difference I make is to back off on the BASS volume on the DIY module since my external sub has it's own powered amp and that has plenty (overkill) bass to compensate...it also keeps the rattling and cabinet vibrations to 0 and lets the external sub shine.

Speaking of rattling...the backglass is loose in the supports so I added weather stripping foam in 4 corners and it sits perfect and rattle free.

I also mount my DIY amp inside the backbox and secure it to the 2 cable looms tight with zip ties and then add memory foam to the bottom to support it and keep it from swaying, it's pretty secure though, it won't move, you could even fold the backbox down with it and it would be okay.

Here are the Pinwoofer settings:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-foo-fighters-amplifier-settings/

PinWoofer - Stern - Spike-2 - Foo Fighters Amplifier Settings
Posted by PinWoofer on Mar 6th 2023

KO / KOP Amplifier - Coin door / menu volume set to 35 (usable range 0-max).

SERVICE MENU → UTIL → VOL→:
SELECT BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE → 8 OHM (DEFAULT)
SELECT AUDIO FILTER EQ / SHELF / None → None
SERVICE MENU → ADJ → FOO FIGHTERS →:
MUSIC ATTENUATION -5
SPEECH ATTENUATION -5
PinWoofer Amplifier:
Bass Freq to 2 o'clock position
Bass Vol to 6 o'clock position / max (This is where I use more of a 12 o'clock position)
Bbox Vol 12 o'clock position.
Treble 1 o'clock position. ( I use between 2 and 3 here to drive the highs over the external sub slightly)
Vol 3 o'clock position (feel free to increase / DECREASE if you would like to adjust at a different intensity).
20230501_163459 (resized).jpg20230501_163459 (resized).jpg20230501_165125 (resized).jpg20230501_165125 (resized).jpg20230501_165141 (resized).jpg20230501_165141 (resized).jpg20230501_165147 (resized).jpg20230501_165147 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-05-01 165729 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-01 165729 (resized).png20230501_163410 (resized).jpg20230501_163410 (resized).jpg

#2074 11 months ago

One last question/concern, feels like this is the lightest clear I’ve had on a new stern. Should these inserts be visible/raised? Playfield is definitely not as smooth as my Godzilla.

D7D820AA-278E-44C5-A4DC-F6941A96043A (resized).jpegD7D820AA-278E-44C5-A4DC-F6941A96043A (resized).jpeg
#2075 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

One last question/concern, feels like this is the lightest clear I’ve had on a new stern. Should these inserts be visible/raised? Playfield is definitely not as smooth as my Godzilla.
[quoted image]

Stern is super-light on the clear these days. I feel like the orange peel is the new playfield lottery. Some look great, some look a little goose-fleshy (imo). Sanding and polishing to make it more attractive is more time, and time is money, so you'll get what you get for your $7-13k and like it.

#2076 11 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Speaker light question for an LE. I looked at speakerlightkits.com. They have they type 13 that's $75. Pinball Life has another set that looks really similar for $49.
Has anyone tried both? Is one better than the other?
Thanks for any advice...
Brian

Mine are better. You can see on the Pinball Life listing, what you are going to get with that kit of theirs...a red spot, a green spot or a blue spot (and some other static colors along with some basic flash and fade effects). My type 13 kits have a custom programmed controller with 358 different color pattens and a DIY list where you can save your favorite 8 for easy access or set to auto cycle between.

So, the main difference is my type 13 light kit is using light strips that have INDIVIDUALLY addressable bulbs (so each bulb can be lit differently from one another at any given time). This makes it so the light patterns can have much more elaborate chasing, swirling and stacking patterns. Many single color, multi-color and even more dual color patterns. Whereas that kit from Pinball Life is just using standard RGB light strips. So, all bulbs will be lit the same at any given time.

The light rings for my type 13 light kits are also made of a clear-ish material that has the light strips inside of the ring (to diffuse the lights a bit) instead of having the lights stuck to the outside of the ring.

If anyone has any questions about any of my light kit types vs others....feel free to look at the features on my website or ask. I'm not going to lie to you. Mine were the first and mine are the best in nearly any case. They are usually just as cheap or cheaper also (for like featured light kits).

Quoted from NovaCade:

This is a can of worms. Check out the GZ mod thread.
IMO, I have one of Doug’s products and another on order. The speaker light kits are fantastic, but if you order Destruction lights you’ll wait a while. I’m over 4 months on my wait so far.

I don't sell any "Destruction lights' those are Cointakers ($159!!!) rip-offs....and the poster was asking about the type 13 kits, which are shipping on 0 - 3 days of being ordered. Thank you for the compliment and patience, your type 14 "Flamin' Frames" kit should be coming along soon.

Quoted from lockeness:

waited 6 months. saw a bunch of shit show threads about it. wait and be happy.

You didn't wait 6 months on a type 13 light kit like the poster was asking about. I ship them in 0 - 3 days. You must be talking about the type 14 kits. I hope you like it.

Quoted from Bluthgg:

Is there still a long wait for a regular kit?

Nope and there never has been. All of my other light kit types (besides the type 14) are shipping in 0 - 3 days as they normally do. It is only the longer to make type 14 kits that have any wait, and that is explained before a person even places their order for one.

Quoted from Selig:

I think it’s just the flamin frames that take a while. I got my regular kit in about a week.

Thanks for spreading the good word. All of my light kit types are shipping in 0 - 3 days (except the type 14 light kits).

All and all....I can't help but hate what people think of me and my business because of the type 14 light kits. I have been in business for nearly 10 years (and making the light kits for over 10) and it's hard to even get a mention any more without people talking about how long they will take, even when the person mentions that they are NOT talking about the type 14 light kits.

My pinball Speaker Light Kits are the original, they are the best and they are reasonably priced. There are plenty of knock offs out there if you want something varying from "almost as good" to "incredibly crappy"....with some sellers just trying to straight up deceive and fool people into thinking they are getting my light kits or claiming their light kits have features that they do not.

I'm sorry the type 14 light kits take longer to make, but I have done my best and been honest about their delays from the very beginning. What I do not like is people bring up that delay anytime anyone asks about any of my light kits. As it is, 13 of the 14 light kit types I sell are shipping within a couple of days. If someone is asking about a flaming, type 14 kit....people are free to let others know there is a wait (it is currently a bit over 4 months) and I will take no offense at that, but I can't help but feel a bit bad when someone asks about a type 13 kit and multiple people chime in mentioning the "wait" that does not exist with them.

Thank you for the support and understanding,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2077 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks for spreading the good word. All of my light kit types are shipping in 0 - 3 days (except the type 14 light kits).

Of course! I have them in all my games, they are awesome. Already have my set ready to go for Foo Fighters thanks to the quick shipping. For what it’s worth, I had the type 14 in my Godzilla and it was epic. Totally worth the wait.

#2078 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern is super-light on the clear these days. I feel like the orange peel is the new playfield lottery. Some look great, some look a little goose-fleshy (imo). Sanding and polishing to make it more attractive is more time, and time is money, so you'll get what you get for your $7-13k and like it.

Haha yeah I figure. It’s been a mixed bag across the NIB sterns I’ve got over the last few years. Don’t see any issue with the inserts though, right? They are more raised than my liking but if within normal ranges, I’ll live with it.

Btw the LED board doesn’t look like it’s fried after the miswiring - at least it’s flashing green now!

#2079 11 months ago
Quoted from Selig:

Of course! I have them in all my games, they are awesome. Already have my set ready to go for Foo Fighters thanks to the quick shipping. For what it’s worth, I had the type 14 in my Godzilla and it was epic. Totally worth the wait.

Same here! Doug shipped mine out in record speed and as always perfect quality and packaging

#2080 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure it’s due to all the pooling and dimpling they don’t want to deal with it .

#2081 11 months ago

So it sounds like the anti sway straps come installed from stern. They maybe are not working great as people are still seeing some loosen, but buying the ones from pinball life won’t help at all as they are the same thing?

#2082 11 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

So it sounds like the anti sway straps come installed from stern. They maybe are not working great as people are still seeing some loosen, but buying the ones from pinball life won’t help at all as they are the same thing?

Usually it just requires some retightening of the bracket, both the anti sway portion and the part that connects to the playfield underside

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2083 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't sell any "Destruction lights' those are Cointakers ($159!!!) rip-offs....and the poster was asking about the type 13 kits, which are shipping on 0 - 3 days of being ordered. Thank you for the compliment and patience, your type 14 "Flamin' Frames" kit should be coming along

Sorry for mixing up the names, that’s totally on me. I suck with names. Your product is fantastic and I get compliments all the time on my type 13 kits that I have installed already.

Anyone on the fence, Doug is the way to go!

#2084 11 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Pretty sure it’s due to all the pooling and dimpling they don’t want to deal with it .

Dimpling is more about cheaper, softer playfield blanks.

Pooling and adhesion arent a problem for the specialty guys, but they spend the money and take the time to do a lasting job. Thats the price stern doesnt want to pay - more time, more money, eating into their huge margin on the prem/le units these days.

#2085 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Usually it just requires some retightening of the bracket, both the anti sway portion and the part that connects to the playfield underside

I'm going to investigate tomorrow. If my game contains the anti-sway bracket and the switch @ the ramp entrance swayed to the left (and touches the PF) after only 50 plays, then the design of the bracket is less-than-great.

IMG_2958 (resized).jpegIMG_2958 (resized).jpeg

#2086 11 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

I get speakerlightkits.com for all all of my premiums and LEs that don’t have expression lights.
For games with expression lights- I use the Ninjacamp light kit- runs off of the expression lights. Check ‘em out.

Here is the expression speaker light ninja camp mod in action:

#2087 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Mine are better. You can see on the Pinball Life listing, what you are going to get with that kit of theirs...a red spot, a green spot or a blue spot (and some other static colors along with some basic flash and fade effects). My type 13 kits have a custom programmed controller with 358 different color pattens and a DIY list where you can save your favorite 8 for easy access or set to auto cycle between.
So, the main difference is my type 13 light kit is using light strips that have INDIVIDUALLY addressable bulbs (so each bulb can be lit differently from one another at any given time). This makes it so the light patterns can have much more elaborate chasing, swirling and stacking patterns. Many single color, multi-color and even more dual color patterns. Whereas that kit from Pinball Life is just using standard RGB light strips. So, all bulbs will be lit the same at any given time.
The light rings for my type 13 light kits are also made of a clear-ish material that has the light strips inside of the ring (to diffuse the lights a bit) instead of having the lights stuck to the outside of the ring.
If anyone has any questions about any of my light kit types vs others....feel free to look at the features on my website or ask. I'm not going to lie to you. Mine were the first and mine are the best in nearly any case. They are usually just as cheap or cheaper also (for like featured light kits).

I don't sell any "Destruction lights' those are Cointakers ($159!!!) rip-offs....and the poster was asking about the type 13 kits, which are shipping on 0 - 3 days of being ordered. Thank you for the compliment and patience, your type 14 "Flamin' Frames" kit should be coming along soon.

You didn't wait 6 months on a type 13 light kit like the poster was asking about. I ship them in 0 - 3 days. You must be talking about the type 14 kits. I hope you like it.

Nope and there never has been. All of my other light kit types (besides the type 14) are shipping in 0 - 3 days as they normally do. It is only the longer to make type 14 kits that have any wait, and that is explained before a person even places their order for one.

All and all....I can't help but hate what people think of me and my business because of the type 14 light kits. I have been in business for nearly 10 years (and making the light kits for over 10) and it's hard to even get a mention any more without people talking about how long they will take, even when the person mentions that they are NOT talking about the type 14 light kits.
My pinball Speaker Light Kits are the original, they are the best and they are reasonably priced. There are plenty of knock offs out there if you want something varying from "almost as good" to "incredibly crappy"....with some sellers just trying to straight up deceive and fool people into thinking they are getting my light kits or claiming their light kits have features that they do not.
I'm sorry the type 14 light kits take longer to make, but I have done my best and been honest about their delays from the very beginning. What I do not like is people bring up that delay anytime anyone asks about any of my light kits. As it is, 13 of the 14 light kit types I sell are shipping within a couple of days. If someone is asking about a flaming, type 14 kit....people are free to let others know there is a wait (it is currently a bit over 4 months) and I will take no offense at that, but I can't help but feel a bit bad when someone asks about a type 13 kit and multiple people chime in mentioning the "wait" that does not exist with them.
Thank you for the support and understanding,

Thanks, Doug. I placed my order yesterday (Sunday) and already got my shipping notice today!! Thanks for great service and taking the time to write up a very descriptive differences post.

Brian

#2088 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dimpling is more about cheaper, softer playfield blanks.
Pooling and adhesion arent a problem for the specialty guys, but they spend the money and take the time to do a lasting job. Thats the price stern doesnt want to pay - more time, more money, eating into their huge margin on the prem/le units these days.

Heavy clear is definitely part of the issue with dimpling. The days-old Godfather I played a few weeks ago had dimples you could see from 10 feet away. It really looked like thick clear to me. Stern’s light clear method seems to be working pretty well.

Wade

#2089 11 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Here they are in action:

Do you have any suggestions on what setting for the speaker lights on the LE?

#2090 11 months ago

Almost joined the 1b club lol.

IMG_20230430_144835_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230430_144835_01 (resized).jpg
#2091 11 months ago

Received my LE today. I got a service switch #60 error - I know that's the switch in the back of the upper playfield, but I don't know what to do to resolve the error. Any ideas?

A few quick observations, compared to my Rush LE-

-Foo Fighters is so much smoother! No rejected shots, no rattling shooter lane, everything seems to work the way it's supposed to.
-The dead post makes an avg player like me feel like I know what I'm doing. Makes me smile every time it works.
-Rush seems much more friendly to new players. There's a lot going on in Foo and not as much helpful instruction. The cartoons on screen are awesome but if there's helpful info there it's impossible to keep track of while playing. Rush seems old school basic pinball compared to Foo.
-Not a fan of the announcer voice. Hearing Grohl would have been much much better.
-I like the Alien voice - reminds me of the Cryptkeeper.

#2092 11 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Received my LE today. I got a service switch #60 error - I know that's the switch in the back of the upper playfield, but I don't know what to do to resolve the error. Any ideas?
-Foo Fighters is so much smoother! No rejected shots, no rattling shooter lane, everything seems to work the way it's supposed to.
-The dead post makes an avg player like me feel like I know what I'm doing. Makes me smile every time it works.
-Rush seems much more friendly to new players. There's a lot going on in Foo and not as much helpful instruction. The cartoons on screen are awesome but if there's helpful info there it's impossible to keep track of while playing. Rush seems old school basic pinball compared to Foo.
-Not a fan of the announcer voice. Hearing Grohl would have been much much better.

Yea, the announcer voice is dreadful and my least favorite part by far. Not sure why anyone thought that would be awesome. Need someone to re-record them all lol. And definitely needs more Grohl.

#2093 11 months ago
Quoted from Wade:

Heavy clear is definitely part of the issue with dimpling. The days-old Godfather I played a few weeks ago had dimples you could see from 10 feet away. It really looked like thick clear to me. Stern’s light clear method seems to be working pretty well.
Wade

Too much clear is not great either, right. But there is a happy medium. Light clear sterns can still have nasty dimpling. Seen it. It's primarily about the blanks since light clear sterns can still have them.

#2094 11 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I get the same error. It comes and goes. I haven’t seen it affect gameplay that I know of. If anyone has a solution I am game.

#2095 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Apologies for the confusion! I'll be placing an order soon, was worried they'd come when I'm on vacation! Haven't installed any speaker light kits before, looking forward to it on FF. Any suggestion for the 5.25" color on a premium? Was thinking of red to match the trim.

#2096 11 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Had it happen one time when I first booted the machine...put it in diagnostic mode, reset the switch, activated it by hand, unplugged and resecured molex connector and rebooted...haven't had an issue since

#2097 11 months ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I think the shooter lane is one of the best in pinball. They improved the godzilla ramp by putting a highwall extension off the ramp where the ball doesn't fall sideways when slow plunged...

It also makes me think of the short plunge on Jackbot when trying to avoid validating the playfield in order to take your time and shoot a variety of skill shot options

You can pull it and rip it if you want and it has smooth power to get all the way around and safely to your right flipper..so satisfying not to have to be on edge right at the plunge

The amount of skill shots is insane

#2098 11 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Yea, the announcer voice is dreadful and my least favorite part by far. Not sure why anyone thought that would be awesome. Need someone to re-record them all lol. And definitely needs more Grohl.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Jesus. Wouldn't it make sense to turn the power down on that upper right flipper? It doesn't need to be terribly strong to hit those shots anyhow. I think after seeing that picture, I'll reduce the power on mine.

I reduced the power on the upper right to 200 and minimum on the shooter trough. No issues in completing shots.

#2099 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Apologies for the confusion! I'll be placing an order soon, was worried they'd come when I'm on vacation! Haven't installed any speaker light kits before, looking forward to it on FF. Any suggestion for the 5.25" color on a premium? Was thinking of red to match the trim.

I think red would be the obvious choice on the premium because of the backbox trim. The bad part about using red surrounds is....it really only lights up red, or doesn't light up at all. Different colors from the light kit will still show up on the speakers a bit, but really either light the surrounds up red or not at all, at various brightness depending on the color the light kit is showing.

I honestly think yellow might be a good one to try...as the premium cabinet artwork has a good deal of yellow on it and yellow surrounds do show off most colors quite well.

#2100 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I reduced the power on the upper right to 200 and minimum on the shooter trough. No issues in completing shots.

After reading this I went to modify mine, and it says 185 is "factory settings." So I'm already reduced in power as it stands!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 265.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/42?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.