IMG_1299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3182 (resized).jpeg
77b3a0a22818e071c8d41f083ac81da0.gif
72B870CE-9B2D-4680-9F5C-C560C685865B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_8289 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6535 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 264.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Pro already works the same- it's just a "virtual" ball save in that it sends a ball back out from the trough/shooter lane instead of saving it via the dead post.

Gotcha, so putting the ball back into play, you are basically just shielding it with a ballsave that will timeout eventually but you got the "deadpost" save mechanic to keep it moving...that would be great for Pro owners.

I originally thought it fired from the trough ejector into the shooter lane immediately hitting the rollover. Hope they wouldn't nerf that for the pro people

Seems the only downside for a pro mod would be you are getting the save whether you lift the flipper or not...either via the modded post back into play and then timing out the ballsave protection through play...or by not lifting the flipper but having the ballsave award the ball

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Gotcha, so putting the ball back into play, you are basically just shielding it with a ballsave that will timeout eventually but you got the "deadpost" save mechanic to keep it moving...that would be great for Pro owners.
I originally thought it fired from the trough ejector into the shooter lane immediately hitting the rollover. Hope they wouldn't nerf that for the pro people

I'll do some experimenting tonight to confirm. I'll leave the modding to others. I bet stumblor could solve it in his sleep.

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Pro already works the same- it's just a "virtual" ball save in that it sends a ball back out from the trough/shooter lane instead of saving it via the dead post.

But I imagine it launches the ball the instant the draining ball rolls over the outlane switch, yeah?

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

But I imagine it launches the ball the instant the draining ball rolls over the outlane switch, yeah?

That's the question. If so, there's where my 2 balls in play dilemma comes from..

LE inbound here but just wondering out loud for a friend looking at a pro

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'll do some experimenting tonight to confirm. I'll leave the modding to others. I bet stumblor could solve it in his sleep.

Yeah, that guy is a genius. Love his work and communication!

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's the question. If so, there's where my 2 balls in play dilemma comes from..
LE inbound here but just wondering out loud for a friend looking at a pro

It’s that way on all the newer Sterns I know of, don’t know why that’d be any different here.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

It’s that way on all the newer Sterns I know of, don’t know why that’d be any different here.

I guess it's this bit that I clipped, which seems to trigger the ballsave after passing the rollover, then some time passes before the shooter lane gets launched. Could be because another ball just drained right before though...not sure

http://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxBXfQnWRhorNc_EeVAybyE5K0FvoDo3ft

#158 1 year ago

I GOT AWESOME NEWS.. AT LEAS TON CODE 89. i GRABBED THE BALL WHNE OPVERDRIVE WAS ON... PRESSED THE OUTLANE SWITCH, AND IT DID NOT KICK THE BALL UNTIL IT DRAINED.... WOOOOHOOOOO!

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

I GOT AWESOME NEWS.. AT LEAS TON CODE 89. i GRABBED THE BALL WHNE OPVERDRIVE WAS ON... PRESSED THE OUTLANE SWITCH, AND IT DID NOT KICK THE BALL UNTIL IT DRAINED.... WOOOOHOOOOO!

That is good news for modders if the code remains that way

#160 1 year ago

Yup. Yet, the other thing is that its still a senseless mod, in the sense that if you fail the post save, you still get yourt ball... so, meh jsut eye candy. Next test ill have to test is if the ball save times out.

Quoted from fooflighter:

That is good news for modders if the code remains that way

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from ricard2798:

Yup. Yet, the other thing is that its still a senseless mod, in the sense that if you fail the post save, you still get yourt ball... so, meh jsut eye candy. Next test ill have to test is if the ball save times out.

That is the one downfall, no skill or timing, just the mechanical feature without risk. I guess getting the ball into play on the flippers quickly is one positve versus risking a shooter lane launch.

#162 1 year ago

On the Premium/LE does the ball get autolaunched if it fails to save the ball or are you SOL? Or maybe that's a configurable setting?

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

On the Premium/LE does the ball get autolaunched if it fails to save the ball or are you SOL? Or maybe that's a configurable setting?

You're SOL by default. Not sure if there's an easy mode setting in the system menu. I'll be getting my LE soon fingers crossed and will report back

#164 1 year ago

Theres a cool vid in the gameplay stream that shows the player cradling 2 on the right and then having to flip in order to lift the left and save the ball to the right flipper...neat gameplay choice option

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That is the one downfall, no skill or timing, just the mechanical feature without risk. I guess getting the ball into play on the flippers quickly is one positve versus risking a shooter lane launch.

I would rather have the controlled feed from the autolaunch which brings it clean to your flipper vs having to fumble to get it under control using the post. It also gives you a second to regain your composure.

I put 19 games on a Pro last night and I'm totally fine without having that feature. When the game was announced the two things I was most excited about was the save post and the inlane Schatz targets, but after playing it I don't consider either to be one of my favorite things in the game. The game is way too fast and flowing to even consider shatzing an inlane. I was most impressed by the opto spinner, the insane flow and speed, and both captive ball areas are really well implemented. The Pro feels like a perfect game to me and doesn't feel stripped down at all. I was so impressed that I ordered one this morning. Maybe once I get a chance to play a Premium I'll get a sense for what's missing, but for now I'm not feeling it. I can always pick up a premium later if I change my mind.

#166 1 year ago

Per Jack, first 200 LE games are on the line...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#167 1 year ago

Deleted

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I would rather have the controlled feed from the autolaunch which brings it clean to your flipper vs having to fumble to get it under control using the post. It also gives you a second to regain your composure.
I put 19 games on a Pro last night and I'm totally fine without having that feature. When the game was announced the two things I was most excited about was the save post and the inlane Schatz targets, but after playing it I don't consider either to be one of my favorite things in the game. The game is way too fast and flowing to even consider shatzing an inlane. I was most impressed by the opto spinner, the insane flow and speed, and both captive ball areas are really well implemented. The Pro feels like a perfect game to me and doesn't feel stripped down at all. I was so impressed that I ordered one this morning. Maybe once I get a chance to play a Premium I'll get a sense for what's missing, but for now I'm not feeling it. I can always pick up a premium later if I change my mind.

Awesome man! Enjoy it...I've heard good things about both versions...seems there is something for everyone. So bummed I was sick and missed TPF

#169 1 year ago

Big Combotron updates coming according to Jack D
2x and 4x inlane targets getting fixed and stacks with playfield multipliers will be toggleable for tourney's

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Per Jack, first 200 LE games are on the line...

Where was this said? Awesome news for me if true! Waiting for premiums to go on the line to get my game!!

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Where was this said? Awesome news for me if true! Waiting for premiums to go on the line to get my game!!

He might have been referring to the plastics he already signed being on the line in the factory's supply chain

Edit - he just said he doesn't know or can't say anything about production schedules

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome man! Enjoy it...I've heard good things about both versions...seems there is something for everyone. So bummed I was sick and missed TPF

Thanks! Yeah I really think this is one of those games where if you own any version you're going to be happy. As much as I love the Pro I'm sure the LE is even better. Expression lights, flow on top of flow with that upper playfield, the magnet and sculpts, and the deadpost will be cool too. You're going to love it! Jack and his team knocked it out of the park on this one.

#173 1 year ago

Whoever has a pro, Jack said that there's a special plastic in the goodie bag, he said only the first 20 off the line didn't happen to have it. So whoever gets the pro (this is pro only per him) look in the goodie bag and show us dammit!

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Whoever has a pro, Jack said that there's a special plastic in the goodie bag, he said only the first 20 off the line didn't happen to have it. So whoever gets the pro (this is pro only per him) look in the goodie bag and show us dammit!

Alternate plastic for the Alien (middle finger) - he showed it on one of his streams!

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Alternate plastic for the Alien (middle finger) - he showed it on one of his streams!

Yeah he said what it was, he was saying how no-one else has taken a picture of it

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

I didn't get any goodie bag with my Pro from TPF. Stern tech support said their weren't doing any bags for some newer machines now.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from Sensei:

I didn't get any goodie bag with my Pro from TPF. Stern tech support said their weren't doing any bags for some newer machines now.

Jack did say the first 20 or so didn't have it, so that checks out.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I asked the same question in the hype thread and a couple folks endorsed the Pinwoofer. I decided to get the headphone jack kit. I want it to be clearer sound better for me, not necessarily louder for my wife upstairs.

Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks! Yeah I really think this is one of those games where if you own any version you're going to be happy. As much as I love the Pro I'm sure the LE is even better. Expression lights, flow on top of flow with that upper playfield, the magnet and sculpts, and the deadpost will be cool too. You're going to love it! Jack and his team knocked it out of the park on this one.

Jack did knock it out of the park on this one, for sure !

#179 1 year ago

Very neat!
that hadn't occurred to me, the potential engagement while cradling. can't wait.

also, i would definitely prefer no autolaunch/lose ball if one misses the deadpost save.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Theres a cool vid in the gameplay stream that shows the player cradling 2 on the right and then having to flip in order to lift the left and save the ball to the right flipper...neat gameplay choice option

#180 1 year ago

So, my wife and I were in the market for a new pin, and went on over to Logan Hardware in Chicago on Monday to check out our short list. This might be a bit of a hot take, but for us, who like pinball a lot but are far from very good at it, we both liked Foo Fighters Pro more than even Godzilla Prem. Godzilla had more cool toys, but it was honestly the art and theme that pushed us over. Same awesome Zombie Yeti style, but it just sorta popped more on the FF machine. The cartoony feel worked really well.

We placed an order for the premium the next day. Now I just have to wait until June/July to get it. Let the impatience begin!

Edit:

So, I might be a bit crazy, but I've been thinking about the art a bit more, and I think where the game succeeds in is building that whole "world under glass" feel, which is actually pretty hard to do with music games.

You take a game from a TV show, movie or some other visual story-based franchise, and all that hard work is done. People talk about how Godzilla has a deep rule set and a bunch of fun shots, which are true, but I think part of the allure people walk up to the machine knowing that story, which is cheesy which meshes with a pinball game, so you not only have a lot of fun playing the game, but also hearing the announcer say funny things that are inline with the franchise and seeing clips of the old movies. It all serves to bring you into the game, which may be as important as the game itself.

Compare this to a music game like Led Zeppelin, which I think is underrated as a game and the art is really good too, but there's none of that world building. I'm sitting there, shuffling through modes while listening to a Zeppelin playlist. I'm a huge fan of there music, but there's no story there. After a few plays, I'm ready to move on.

I think that Foo Fighters, through a very good application of the art, really expounding on the theme and playing around with those early 90s cartoon tropes, created that world building in a way that feels both incredibly fresh but also is instantly recognizable, and you know that couldn't have been easy.

But those are my own rambling thoughts, though I'd love to hear what other people think about it.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

We placed an order for the premium the next day. Now I just have to wait until June/July to get it. Let the impatience begin!

I'd keel over waiting that long. April needs to hurry up, get here and be gone so we can get our Prems yesterday, damnit!!!

While I loved playing it at TPF,couldn't hear jack shit. SO looking forward to being fully immersed in thr game!!

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My thought exactly I ordered a pro just before TPF and I spent a lot of time at TPF playing the premium making sure I didn’t feel I was missing out. After about 3 games I found myself looking for a pro to play. I get why someone would want the premium but it’s not for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#183 1 year ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

So, my wife and I were in the market for a new pin, and went on over to Logan Hardware in Chicago on Monday to check out our short list. This might be a bit of a hot take, but for us, who like pinball a lot but are far from very good at it, we both liked Foo Fighters Pro more than even Godzilla Prem. Godzilla had more cool toys, but it was honestly the art and theme that pushed us over. Same awesome Zombie Yeti style, but it just sorta popped more on the FF machine. The cartoony feel worked really well.
Edit:
So, I might be a bit crazy, but I've been thinking about the art a bit more, and I think where the game succeeds in is building that whole "world under glass" feel, which is actually pretty hard to do with music games.
You take a game from a TV show, movie or some other visual story-based franchise, and all that hard work is done. People talk about how Godzilla has a deep rule set and a bunch of fun shots, which are true, but I think part of the allure people walk up to the machine knowing that story, which is cheesy which meshes with a pinball game, so you not only have a lot of fun playing the game, but also hearing the announcer say funny things that are inline with the franchise and seeing clips of the old movies. It all serves to bring you into the game, which may be as important as the game itself.
Compare this to a music game like Led Zeppelin, which I think is underrated as a game and the art is really good too, but there's none of that world building. I'm sitting there, shuffling through modes while listening to a Zeppelin playlist. I'm a huge fan of there music, but there's no story there. After a few plays, I'm ready to move on.
I think that Foo Fighters, through a very good application of the art, really expounding on the theme and playing around with those early 90s cartoon tropes, created that world building in a way that feels both incredibly fresh but also is instantly recognizable, and you know that couldn't have been easy.
But those are my own rambling thoughts, though I'd love to hear what other people think about it.

I had a Rush LE - and LOVE the songs in combination with game play... But - there isn't a lot of game play to do, compared with FF IMO. I WISH I could keep them all !

#184 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone has posted the FF model flyers. Here you go.

foo-fighters-le-flyer.pdffoo-fighters-le-flyer.pdffoo-fighters-premium-flyer.pdffoo-fighters-premium-flyer.pdffoo-fighters-pro-flyer.pdffoo-fighters-pro-flyer.pdf
#185 1 year ago
Quoted from ricard2798:Yet, I wonder if the code only kicks the ball if it detects a certain amount of balls in the traunch...

Quoted from Mike_M:

On GZ, the trough shoots out the ball when the outlane switch is triggered, it does not wait for the ball to re-enter the trough. This reduces dead time, and I assume that's something they'd want to do in Foo also.

So, you're gonna have 2 balls.

I seriously doubt Stern put a prem only feature in that could be circumvented so easily guys. They're not dumb enough to leave all that money on the table. You want all the features? gotta pay up

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the colors, like Koolaid Man is going to burst out at any moment.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, snagged all of them at TPF. Got a couple extra LE flyers so I can gouge...I mean...sell them to LE owners that HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW.

#188 1 year ago

Hey everyone!
I've got a Premium on order. I got in as soon as I could and still am on the second run in August. Man, that's a long time to wait and watching the live plays make it even worse. I don't think I've been this excited for a pinball, ever.

I did just have an exchange today with Cliffy while purchasing a set of protectors for a different pin, and I asked him if he was going to make anything for Foo. He said that he hasn't seen enough detailed pics of the playfield and really needs pics, "especially the shooter eject area." If anyone can either send him pics directly or I can if people post here. He did say that he's super overwhelmed with orders and is still working through November orders right now. So it'll be a bit either way.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Austin_Pinbarge:

Hey everyone!
I've got a Premium on order. I got in as soon as I could and still am on the second run in August. Man, that's a long time to wait and watching the live plays make it even worse. I don't think I've been this excited for a pinball, ever.
I did just have an exchange today with Cliffy while purchasing a set of protectors for a different pin, and I asked him if he was going to make anything for Foo. He said that he hasn't seen enough detailed pics of the playfield and really needs pics, "especially the shooter eject area." If anyone can either send him pics directly or I can if people post here. He did say that he's super overwhelmed with orders and is still working through November orders right now. So it'll be a bit either way.

Good point about needing better detailed pics of the playfield.

I was thinking about getting the Pindefender for the shooter eject area. Does anyone have pros/cons about this versus Cliffy protector for that area?

#190 1 year ago

I can’t get cliff to respond for the order I paid for on Nov 9. Very frustrating.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I was thinking about getting the Pindefender for the shooter eject area. Does anyone have pros/cons about this versus Cliffy protector for that area?

I'd say not having used either, in general, the Pindefender would 100% protect against damage but is going to stand out to the eyes more and potentially affect the geometry of the shooter lane. Not sure that the cliffy protectors protect both sides? But they tend to sit right up to the edge of where the shooter lane is routed out so I don't think they'd affect geometry.

I've been fine so far with lowering the eject power and maybe putting some mylar down.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Here it is for everyone.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#193 1 year ago

Setup ours in dulles va at ocelot brewing today.

Had to sand the flipper buttons to get rid of the snagging. And had to adjust the lockdown bar button.

Lots of key chain kind of plastics in the goodie bag. And spare slings

14A36E57-7B86-4585-8C28-E521A8DA950C (resized).jpeg14A36E57-7B86-4585-8C28-E521A8DA950C (resized).jpegC145D13A-1834-4019-95D6-AE41C696E56B (resized).jpegC145D13A-1834-4019-95D6-AE41C696E56B (resized).jpegEEA4197C-B31A-4B47-98C4-6014EB7F9ADF (resized).jpegEEA4197C-B31A-4B47-98C4-6014EB7F9ADF (resized).jpeg
#194 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Here it is for everyone.
[quoted image]

COOL !

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Setup ours in dulles va at ocelot brewing today.
Had to sand the flipper buttons to get rid of the snagging. And had to adjust the lockdown bar button.
Lots of key chain kind of plastics in the goodie bag. And spare slings[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

YEAH I'd say LOTS of key chain doohickeys !

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I have pindefnders on all our pins and they work great, look good too I think. He sent me one for FF, then found out it wasn't right and said he was sending another, expecting it tmrw. Very good product, easy to install.

#197 1 year ago

Anyone have the same ball hangup we have here?

The habit trail tongs stand way about the ramp edge causing a fatal ball hangup that ball search would never clear

EB207243-1627-449D-B417-83BA67E91BD7 (resized).jpegEB207243-1627-449D-B417-83BA67E91BD7 (resized).jpeg

Bending wasn’t successful yet. The habit trail goes into the backboard… making bending it down hard… and trying to bend the prong couldn’t move it enough. Don’t want to break the welds either

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from Austin_Pinbarge:

Hey everyone!

Wow I'll have to do something to protect that shooter lane

#199 1 year ago

Forget the cliffy or plastic protector for the shooter lane. Just lower the coil power and put some Mylar down. $.50 and you’re good to go.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Forget the cliffy or plastic protector for the shooter lane. Just lower the next power and put some Mylar down. $.50 and you’re good to go.

Yeah I stopped with cliffy. Too hard to get and months of wait to get them … install is a pain. Mylar is your friend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 499.00
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,158 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 264.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.