IMG_5517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5516 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5500 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 252.
#1901 11 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

So you’d rather they let the line sit idle while they wait for decals? I’m confused.

Just expressed how i felt, thats all. Of course I don't want the line to sit idle. Of course I want everyone to get their game. In reality I know i didn't pay for an LE and think i was getting special treatment or that the LE's go out first. Just expressed my feeling of being bummed i haven't got my game yet.

#1902 11 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

It's subtle. But you can see all these little lines where the art is damaged. I did my best to circle the areas.
[quoted image]

Oh thanks. I saw those but wasn’t sure if it was just some weird aesthetic to go with the blue electrical looking lines.

#1903 11 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Tried Foo Fighters for the first time today. While I only played a handful of games, and my opinion could change, I felt the marketing made this game seem like it would be way better than what I tried. Aside from the ball occasionally taking interesting paths/bounces, I was thoroughly bored. It also feels very much like a Foo Fighters game, not as much as this alien hybrid thing, the Foo Fighters is more over arching in it's presence. Which while I don't dislike Foo Fighters, I definitely don't love them or their music. I can't imagine owning this and Godzilla as there is some similarities, and Godzilla is easily the superior game. Also seems to have some GTF level bad call-outs, at times. Note that I did play the Pro.

Man we knew where this post was going by end of the first sentence You had your mind up on FF before you ever played a single ball and it couldn't be more obvious.
Maybe you will give it another try and very excited for your upcoming FF premium/ LE reviews

#1904 11 months ago

Picked up my premium yesterday. I usually don’t buy games without trying them out extensively, but I thoroughly enjoyed the pro on location and threw caution to the wind and am glad I did.

The upper playfield is awesome and adds a bunch to an already packed game. Best upper playfield since TSPP imo. Really enjoy the magnet and the randomness it provides when coming out of the alien circle.

The deadpost is cute but I am still baffled how much people care about this feature compared to the rest of the upgrades, especially to the extreme to retrofit the pro with an aftermarket one. To me it’s the least impressive part of the premium/LE.

I think this game joins AC/DC and Godzilla where the premium is significantly better than the pro. I’m usually a pro buyer, but there is more than enough to justify the extra cost with with FF prem.

70BC8E86-A04A-40E2-874C-0ECB82ADAB31 (resized).jpeg70BC8E86-A04A-40E2-874C-0ECB82ADAB31 (resized).jpeg

#1905 11 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Picked up my premium yesterday. I usually don’t buy games without trying them out extensively, but I thoroughly enjoyed the pro on location and threw caution to the wind and am glad I did.
The upper playfield is awesome and adds a bunch to an already packed game. Best upper playfield since TSPP imo. Really enjoy the magnet and the randomness it proves when coming out of the alien circle.
The deadpost is cute but I am still baffled how much people care about this feature compared to the rest of the upgrades, especially to the extreme to retrofit the pro with an aftermarket one. To me it’s the least impressive part of the premium/LE.
I think this game joins AC/DC and Godzilla where the premium is significantly better than the pro. I’m usually a pro buyer, but there is more than enough to justify the extra cost with with FF prem.
[quoted image]

I'm glad you're happy, but saying the upper playfield is in the same league as tspp one means you've been doing some terrific drugs.

#1906 11 months ago

Had my LE for a few days now, my initial impressions are uber fast and flowy game. The speed takes awhile to get used to and can be deadly before you can react. Such a great first cornerstone design for JD, we are lucky to have such talent like him and Elwin making games. This game may end up being too fast for some once the honeymoon phase wears off and they hit a wall of not being able to progress further, it will make you a better player in the end.

#1907 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm glad you're happy, but saying the upper playfield is in the same league as tspp one means you've been doing some terrific drugs.

Hey everyone, in case you missed the previous 37 times he’s posted it, Jorant doesn’t like the upper playfield. This has been a Pinside public service announcement.

#1908 11 months ago

It’s definitely sick fast . But man I can’t believe how much I want to hit replay again on it . I was out for several years and cleared my collection. When I got Godzilla I was shocked how good games were now .
This game is even better !!

#1909 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's not what he said. He said "since TSPP", which means he thinks it's better than every upper playfield up to but not including TSPP. TSPP is better.

That being said, I wonder if he's considering games like GoT Premium, ACNC, WoZ, POTC, FG, and TBL? Those upper playfields are pretty sweet. Or if he's thinking strictly Sterns.

#1910 11 months ago

This upper playfield is definitely one of the best. It’s satisfying! The spinner plus banking around and targets. Plus if you just let it go it shots down the ramp keeping the super flow going . It’s just fun.

#1911 11 months ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

That's not what he said. He said "since TSPP", which means he thinks it's better than every upper playfield up to but not including TSPP. TSPP is better.
That being said, I wonder if he's considering games like GoT Premium, ACNC, WoZ, POTC, FG, and TBL? Those upper playfields are pretty sweet. Or if he's thinking strictly Sterns.

Haven't played TBL yet and forgot about FG/Shrek's mini PF (really cool, but gimmicky and completely separate from the main game), but I wasn't a fan of the other games you mentioned upper PFs. Aerosmith, BKSOR and GOT I think the upper PF actually detracts from the game and prefer the pro on them.

What I like about FF's upper PF is that its equally fast and flowy as the main PF, has regular mode shots associated with it, its own multiball tied to it and doesn't kill, but compliments the games flow.

TSPP, Elvis and now FF are the only games of the 2000s that I think have really excellent upper PF's comparable to the great upper PF designs of the 80/90s like Flash Gordon and WH20.

#1912 11 months ago

Scooby upper playfield is up there...really good.... Just my opinion.

#1913 11 months ago

Hey everyone, in case you missed the previous 37 times he’s posted it, Jorant doesn’t like the upper playfield. This has been a Pinside public service announcement.

Ya know, you're absolutely right. I knew I was gonna take flak for that comment, but I'm a bit of a butthole in real life and literly couldnt help myself. So I do apologize. I'll try to reel in my upper playfield thoughts henceforth, everyone.

#1914 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Scooby upper playfield is up there...really good.... Just my opinion.

I haven't played it, but it's quite large and obscures a lot of the main PF (which I know I wouldn't like). In the Scooby videos, it also seems floaty/slow. One of reasons I like the FFLE upper PF is it doesn't obscure much...and it's very fast.

#1915 11 months ago

Just picked up our Pro yesterday.
Game played great right out of the box.

Only issue is that the right side of the area 51 building plastics are not secured to anything so the entire building just kind of swings forwards and back.
So obviously something is missing. Hopefully just a screw someplace.
I will have time to look it over in a little while.

#1916 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm a bit of a butthole in real life

The only difference between you and most Pinsiders is that at least you're self-aware.
Kudos.

#1917 11 months ago

Anyone find any good EQ settings they would like to share? I have prem with LE speaker upgrade. Currently I'm using high/low shelf whatever the hell that means because I wasn't having luck in the EQ as I have no clue about that stuff.

#1918 11 months ago

Stoked for all you FF owners. This playfield is so well designed and executed, enjoy!

#1919 11 months ago
Quoted from robx46:

Anyone find any good EQ settings they would like to share? I have prem with LE speaker upgrade. Currently I'm using high/low shelf whatever the hell that means because I wasn't having luck in the EQ as I have no clue about that stuff.

I am just using the ones floating around for the LE. Sounded good before, sounds better with these.

#1920 11 months ago

I made it to #1 on Pinside, taking my bow before hardcore scores start coming in

IMG_2808 (resized).jpegIMG_2808 (resized).jpeg
#1921 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I am just using the ones floating around for the LE. Sounded good before, sounds better with these.

Can you help me find this info?

#1922 11 months ago
Quoted from robx46:

Go to the topic index link at the top of any page in this thread. Click that. Then click "Keypost summary" to sort the list by alpha. Then look for the TECH:SOUND entry (you might have to click the "show all" link as it only shows a portion of the list). Start there. It's not EQ settings, but see if the suggestions there can do it for you.

Also note that attenuation is backwards from what you think, so a negative attenuation is louder and a positive is quieter. I have no idea why Stern doesn't just make it a user friendly standard +/- volume/mix adjustment (for music, voice, and effects) and forget the stupid attenuation nomenclature. Maybe @timballs, Theguyoverthere or Xaqery can chime in on the thinking for that? It drives me crazy and is not user-friendly. It is, however, a system level adjustment so it may be more Lonnie's domain (since he worked on Spike2 system code with Lyman), I'm not sure.

While they're in there fixing that, there should be a system level mixer that makes it impossible to overdrive the volume by users setting combination of music, voice, and effects that are over 100% total. OR give users a "budget" of points they can spend (RPG style) on any of the three sound areas so it's impossible to overdrive the output.

#1923 11 months ago
Quoted from robx46:

Post 1769

#1924 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I made it to #1 on Pinside, taking my bow before hardcore scores start coming in

Where do I find that on insider connected?

#1925 11 months ago

Hey, wait a minute. How am I supposed to get a match when my score doesn’t end in a 0? LOL, glad it’s on free play in my game room.
DeadFlip

F7C2CA86-EC28-4CAE-93EE-3AABE264F459 (resized).jpegF7C2CA86-EC28-4CAE-93EE-3AABE264F459 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1926 11 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Hey, wait a minute. How am I supposed to get a match when my score doesn’t end in a 0? LOL, glad it’s on free play in my game room.
DeadFlip [quoted image]

69 is the real trick. A match you won't soon forget.
get smart_missed it.jpgget smart_missed it.jpg

#1927 11 months ago

Getting better as I start to understand the rules.

IMG_6687 (resized).jpegIMG_6687 (resized).jpeg
#1928 11 months ago

Hello,

I unboxed an LE yesterday and everything seems work work great except one issue.

The van coil does not stay engaged when it is supposed to(when selecting city). It fires and does not catch the ball. It goes all the way up and then down. The coil works just fine in the coil test. Checked and reseated connections.

Anyone else having this issue ?

#1929 11 months ago

My new favorite shooter rod! Thanks Mike! It is gorgeous and feels great. Makes it much easier to go for skill shots. Very ergonomic!

F9BA9CDB-2AFC-4A30-941E-FA614E08FC0D (resized).jpegF9BA9CDB-2AFC-4A30-941E-FA614E08FC0D (resized).jpeg
#1930 11 months ago

For the life of me, I'll never understand why Pinsiders shit on a game in an owners thread.

A hype thread I get. I've done my share of critiques in a hype thread on a game I thought I was going to buy until I saw the reveal (TS4).

I own the pro and I haven't been this happy with a new pin purchase in years.

Whether it's the L.E. the Premium or the Pro, this is the game of the year. (Yeah, I know it still April)

#1931 11 months ago

Today is a good day for a good day. 800 mil

0C17F751-03B6-44DC-BB52-44ECB86FF1D7 (resized).jpeg0C17F751-03B6-44DC-BB52-44ECB86FF1D7 (resized).jpeg
#1932 11 months ago

This thing is sick! I've had most of Sterns greatest hits over the years including gz prem but this is the most frenetic, kinetic & exciting game yet. That ball just always moving & flowing somewhere. Didn't even go over the rules yet. Just got my prem set up today & wanted to add speaker upgrades, new rubber & balls, pinstadium atom & a headphone jack. This thing is next level & we only at .93 code. I do want expression lights someday but I will say my atoms look great & thanks to the light output I've was able to remove the 2 spotlights which really opens up the view. Not sure I'll be doing that with an EL kit. I hate spotlights especially when they obscure some of the PF view as these did. Anyways just here to say this thing is legit. Gameplay, art & of course music all among the best packages Stern has ever put out & this is all in one game & the game will just get better. Also just the right amount of difficulty & MB are earned. I love that. Congrats to all involved!
P.S. upper PF is exceptionally designed & integrated.

#1933 11 months ago

I would love to hear your Foo Fighters concert memories.

I saw them do an acoustic set three different years at Neil Youngs' Bridge School Benefit Concerts at Shoreline in Mountain View, Cal. Never saw them do a full on rock band set although I'm loving YouTube Premium lately.

#1934 11 months ago

I feel like the right orbit shot is the most difficult shot in the game. Thoughts? I lowered my flippers to slightly below the alignment dots. I saw big improvement on crossover and left ramp shots, but nothing notable on the right orbit. The right orbit is my favorite shot on the game

#1935 11 months ago

Got my Titan delivery today. Changed out all rubbers to the glow-in-the-dark, except for the flippers, for which I went with the purple. Love how these complement the amazing colors on the playfield and look even better when the lights hit them.

For the most part, changing out was easy, expect for the post sleeve near upper right flipper. That guy required removal of at least 5 sections from the playfield. Also tricky were the 3 rubbers inside the Overload sculpt.

Why can't Stern design these things with maintenance in mind?

IMG_2774 (resized).JPGIMG_2774 (resized).JPGIMG_2775 (resized).JPGIMG_2775 (resized).JPGIMG_2776 (resized).JPGIMG_2776 (resized).JPGIMG_2777 (resized).JPGIMG_2777 (resized).JPGIMG_2778 (resized).JPGIMG_2778 (resized).JPGIMG_2779 (resized).JPGIMG_2779 (resized).JPG
#1936 11 months ago
Quoted from Lazlo:

Hello,
I unboxed an LE yesterday and everything seems work work great except one issue.
The van coil does not stay engaged when it is supposed to(when selecting city). It fires and does not catch the ball. It goes all the way up and then down. The coil works just fine in the coil test. Checked and reseated connections.
Anyone else having this issue ?

If you're saying the post will stay up in test until you fire the "release" coil to let the post drop, it's not either of those.

Check the switch just after the turn in the ramp right before the van in switch test mode by rolling a ball over it. It may not be registering correctly.

You also might have a switch that's firing intermittently on the playfield so the game thinks the ball is back in play and releases the lock. Test that by going into switch test mode and smacking your palm firmly on the playfield in a few places and see if any switches trigger from the vibration.

#1937 11 months ago

Any quick fix for the action button led? Action button works but the led does not. Checked connections and it seems fine. Haven’t pulled out the multi meter yet though.

#1938 11 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Any quick fix for the action button led? Action button works but the led does not. Checked connections and it seems fine. Haven’t pulled out the multi meter yet though.

Did you check the connections soldered to the actual LED board or just the plug that goes into the coin door interface board?

#1939 11 months ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

My new favorite shooter rod! Thanks Mike! It is gorgeous and feels great. Makes it much easier to go for skill shots. Very ergonomic!
[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for the review! Glad you're happy and thanks again for the support! Did you get a FlipMods sticker inside the package? Some earlier rods didn't since I didn't have the stickers yet so PM me if you didn't and I'll send you one.

#1940 11 months ago

What do the round inserts represent on the van mods?

20230429_224613 (resized).jpg20230429_224613 (resized).jpg
#1941 11 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What do the round inserts represent on the van mods?[quoted image]

The black dot on the atomic inserts show you which attribute of the meter on the lower right of the screen that shot affects.

#1942 11 months ago

Question as this is my first home pin… how do you know something is broken? Lol. I see people mention things working wonky and I’m not sure I would even know it’s not doing what it should be. I guess I’ll just have to try and pay attention and maybe watch some videos.

#1943 11 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What do the round inserts represent on the van mods?[quoted image]

The white circles indicate bonus X progression, tied to hitting the paddle target while one or more drop targets are still up.

Hit the paddle when two targets are down will progress one circle. Hit it when exactly one drop is down to progress it two circles. Two circles then one more hit advance bonus X.

#1944 11 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

The white circles indicate bonus X progression, tied to hitting the paddle target while one or more drop targets are still up.
Hit the paddle when two targets are down will progress one circle. Hit it when exactly one drop is down to progress it two circles. Two circles then one more hit advance bonus X.

Cool! So that makes the drops and paddle still relevant during modes. You can go for bonus x.

#1945 11 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Cool! So that makes the drops and paddle still relevant during modes. You can go for bonus x.

Yeah, or if you accidentally lock in a mod you already have or want a different one. It also relights the battery once you’ve done playfield x a few times.

Completing the drops while in a van mode actually does help you out; the engine adds 10 seconds, speakers bump scoring one level and bomb will spot one shot.

#1946 11 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Question as this is my first home pin… how do you know something is broken? Lol. I see people mention things working wonky and I’m not sure I would even know it’s not doing what it should be. I guess I’ll just have to try and pay attention and maybe watch some videos.

Don’t sweat it, the games are pretty smart now. If a switch is not being triggered you should get an alert from the game when you turn it on. Just play and have fun. If something seems strange ask here and you will get pointed in the right direction.

#1947 11 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Yeah, or if you accidentally lock in a mod you already have or want a different one. It also relights the battery once you’ve done playfield x a few times.
Completing the drops while in a van mode actually does help you out; the engine adds 10 seconds, speakers bump scoring one level and bomb will spot one shot.

Didn't know that either. Some great rules in this gamea!

#1948 11 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I saw them do an acoustic set three different years at Neil Youngs' Bridge School Benefit Concerts at Shoreline in Mountain View, Cal. Never saw them do a full on rock band set although I'm loving YouTube Premium lately.

I saw them several years ago in Des Moines. Dave was really sick and struggled to sing the first few songs. I was thinking to myself, "dang this is going to suck if Dave cant sing the songs." Then Dave announced that he was going to take the drums and Taylor would be the front man for the rest of the show. Let me tell you, Taylor could fuckin sing. He was the star of the show, I dare say many of the songs he sounded even better than Dave could have - even when not sick. That show made me a huge Taylor Hawkins fan...RIP Taylor!

#1949 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I saw them several years ago in Des Moines. Dave was really sick and struggle to sing the first few songs. I was thinking to myself, dang this is going to suck if Dave cant sing the songs. Then Dave announced that he was going to take the drums and Taylor would be the front man for the rest of the show. Let me tell you, Taylor could fuckin sing. He was the star of the show, I dare say many of the songs he sounded even better than Dave could have even when not sick. It was that show that made me a huge Taylor Hawkins fan...RIP Taylor!

I have seen them every time they come to KC. I remember when they were fighting the the bots and scalpers and had an in person sale sale before tickets went on sale on Ticketmaster. There were a few hundred of us outside Sprint. Center. It was a great time and everyone got their tickeTS. You were limited to 2 floor or 4 seats. The other memorable concert was the one in which Dave broke his leg and had a motorized chair. That was a great concert. They also had a beef with a “church” in Topeka and always had fun antagonizing them; those were great videos.

#1950 11 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I remember seeing them at the original 9:30 Club in DC. Back then I'm not sure I knew Dave was from VA at the time. Have you read his book?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raymond, WA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Croton-on-hudson, NY
There are 12,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/39?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.