PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,317 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 267.
#1851 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I can NOT seem to pull away from the billion mark. I'm unsure how to score better. Gonna have to consistently keep 3x going, but the rules still allude me.
[quoted image]

Your translite has the same issue as mine did. Stern is replacing mine. It's almost like the put them in hot off the printer or something and the art sticks to the glass or something. Figured I'd give you a heads up.

#1852 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No issues here. I'm over 90% success with it well over 100 plays.

could you add a top down photo maybe to show where the apron sits relative to your post?

#1853 12 months ago

Wedging a flat head screwdriver and bending didn't require much pressure at all for me. It is just a very slight bend and can be bent back. The moving of the apron is probably the cleaner approach.

#1854 12 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

L+R, L, R, L, L, R, L, L, L, R, R
Thank me later. Nicely done Foo team!

Hmmmm...I tried this and the pin went dark for about 20 seconds and then came back on.

#1855 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I keyposted your original post. Can you still edit your post to include the danger but about pushing the apron up a bit so all the info is in one post?

Yep, I can... and I did!

#1856 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hmmmm...I tried this and the pin went dark for about 20 seconds and then came back on.

Make sure you are on version .93 Then L+R, L, R. L, L, R. L, L, L, R, R

#1857 12 months ago

Also is this supposed to be blank

021676DD-F225-4B64-9BCF-0DAB371202BC (resized).jpeg021676DD-F225-4B64-9BCF-0DAB371202BC (resized).jpeg
#1858 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I shot the Secret “Overdrive Skill” Shot or Congo shot

Quoted from mrbillishere:

What is this insanity that you speak of? ... So what other skill shots should I be looking for?

Appreciate the quick, nearly instantaneous reply. But unfortunately the guide from Stern doesn't help much, as the pic below illustrates. That's why I asked for folks to share their experience. I was hoping to spark a discussion that could help both me and others as they're getting into FF LE.

2023-04-28_14-02-32 (resized).jpg2023-04-28_14-02-32 (resized).jpg
#1859 12 months ago

Finally in the club! Absolutely stunning !! And of course it had to pour rain today . But I still lugged it around back and down the back stairs . Covered in mud but worth it : )

IMG_2574 (resized).jpegIMG_2574 (resized).jpegIMG_2575 (resized).jpegIMG_2575 (resized).jpeg
#1860 12 months ago

Appreciate the quick, nearly instantaneous reply. But unfortunately the guide from Stern doesn't help much, as the pic below illustrates. That's why I asked for folks to share their experience. I was hoping to spark a discussion that could help both me and others as they're getting into FF LE.
[quoted image]

I have on a few machines, avengers especially, pulled the glass. And hit shots manually to find out what they are and how they stack up. It really does help you figure out the game. Just be sure to power the thing off before you're done. Or your high scores will be jacked..

I'm of no help yet.. Buddy and I both bought LE's here and haven't heard a peep yet. In supply chain limbo.

#1861 12 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Your translite has the same issue as mine did. Stern is replacing mine. It's almost like the put them in hot off the printer or something and the art sticks to the glass or something. Figured I'd give you a heads up.

Mine had the same issue.

#1862 12 months ago

Just unboxed and set up my premium!

Plays well but having a problem with the fork release coil #51 in the pic. On its own it’s firing ok but not when it’s engaged when the forks are down. Is there an adjustment that can be made? Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks all. I searched the thread but didn’t see anything.

IMG_6836 (resized).jpegIMG_6836 (resized).jpeg
#1863 12 months ago

After 83 plays, the drain distribution is pretty even...133 down the middle, 131 down the right/left outlanes.

IMG_3001 (resized).jpegIMG_3001 (resized).jpegIMG_3002 (resized).jpegIMG_3002 (resized).jpegIMG_3003 (resized).jpegIMG_3003 (resized).jpeg
#1864 12 months ago

Here’s what a pro looks like with green plastics, mirrors, titan glow and updated apron cards. I think the green by the flippers is kinda too much while playing. Sharing in case helpful…

#1865 12 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Luck of the draw imo my godzilla premium from nov 2021 is one the nicest playfields I've ever had.... no dimples/ribbing or issues just beautiful

Dude same here and i thought I lucked out till I was waxing one day and realized my print quality sucked. Smh total bummer but atleast you have to really look for it unlike the orange peal. I guess I'll take it.

#1866 12 months ago

Tried Foo Fighters for the first time today. While I only played a handful of games, and my opinion could change, I felt the marketing made this game seem like it would be way better than what I tried. Aside from the ball occasionally taking interesting paths/bounces, I was thoroughly bored. It also feels very much like a Foo Fighters game, not as much as this alien hybrid thing, the Foo Fighters is more over arching in it's presence. Which while I don't dislike Foo Fighters, I definitely don't love them or their music. I can't imagine owning this and Godzilla as there is some similarities, and Godzilla is easily the superior game. Also seems to have some GTF level bad call-outs, at times. Note that I did play the Pro.

#1867 12 months ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Anyone having problems with the deadpost? Just got my LE and it’s just hitting bottom of flipper when I lift it

Rock solid here. Only failure is on my end.

#1868 12 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Looked at the original post but nothing immediately jumped out at me. What are you referencing is the issue with the translites?

#1869 12 months ago

I have about 120 plays or so, maybe more and about 6-8 of those times I had the ball stuck under the van when the release dropped. Noticed the back of the van sagging a bit, just enough to prevent the ball from rolling. Tried to bend it forward but it has a lots of flex and not sure i helped much. Anyone else experience this yet?

#1870 12 months ago

Also noticed during New Mexico i believe, when the extra ball lights, overdrive is lit but doesn’t trigger the post or animations after getting the extra ball and draining the left outlane. Might be programmed incorrectly. Had it happen twice last light I will pay more attention next time. Sun 100m I believe.

#1871 12 months ago

Just received conformation that my Premium shipped today. Should have it up and running next weekend I hope. Can't wait!

#1872 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Looked at the original post but nothing immediately jumped out at me. What are you referencing is the issue with the translites?

It's subtle. But you can see all these little lines where the art is damaged. I did my best to circle the areas.

Screenshot_20230428-175317 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230428-175317 (resized).png
#1873 12 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Tried Foo Fighters for the first time today. While I only played a handful of games, and my opinion could change, I felt the marketing made this game seem like it would be way better than what I tried. Aside from the ball occasionally taking interesting paths/bounces, I was thoroughly bored. It also feels very much like a Foo Fighters game, not as much as this alien hybrid thing, the Foo Fighters is more over arching in it's presence. Which while I don't dislike Foo Fighters, I definitely don't love them or their music. I can't imagine owning this and Godzilla as there is some similarities, and Godzilla is easily the superior game. Also seems to have some GTF level bad call-outs, at times. Note that I did play the Pro.

This game couldn't be more different than GZ. I have 211 total plays on GZ Premium (purchased NIB 9 months ago). I unboxed FFLE exactly 1 week and ago and already have ~90 plays on it. I find GZ to be an extremely long playing game...when I turn it on, I usually play 1 game for ~10-15 minutes. On FFLE, my games are much shorter and I'm pressing "Start" very often. In terms of keeping the ball in play, FFLE is 5-10x harder than GZ Premium. GZ rules are much deeper and the game overall is much more polished than FF (but you'd expect that at this point in it's development). Nevertheless, I'm having more fun with FF at the moment. I like a challenge. As sweet as GZ is, it just doesn't challenge me. Sure, it makes me feel proficient @ pinball, but that can be boring. Pinball without the challenge isn't nearly as fun.

Like you, I don't dislike the band...I'm just unfamiliar with them. The music doesn't offend me and I'm liking some of the tunes.

I think it's a hard game to like after only a handful of games. To be honest, when I played the Pro at my distributor, I felt the same way as you. I almost decided to cancel my LE order. I decided to move forward (despite the painful price of 13k) and give it a whirl. I'm happy I did. It's still kicking my arse and it's unclear where the game will end up, but for now, I think it's a stunning accomplishment that will hopefully be finished in time. As others have said, the LE is one of the most beautiful games Stern has ever produced (and I've owned a bunch over my 20 years with Stern).

#1874 12 months ago

snaroff If your balls are draining too fast to your liking, did you install the extra rubber rings on the outlane? Mine only came with one so I still have to get a rubber on the left outlane.

#1875 12 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

why not just take out the tilt bob?

The fun part is leaving it in and death saving it.

#1876 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

the LE is one of the most beautiful games Stern has ever produced (and I've owned a bunch over my 20 years with Stern).

Truth !!!

#1877 12 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

snaroff If your balls are draining too fast to your liking, did you install the extra rubber rings on the outlane? Mine only came with one so I still have to get a rubber on the left outlane.

Just ordered some Titans, so will try that. In general, I like to keep the game with the "stock" setup. I imagine lowering it from 7 to 6.5-6.7 would also make the game a little less brutal. For now, I'm enjoying the abuse...

#1878 12 months ago
Quoted from PinDon:

Just unboxed and set up my premium!
Plays well but having a problem with the fork release coil #51 in the pic. On its own it’s firing ok but not when it’s engaged when the forks are down. Is there an adjustment that can be made? Anyone else run into this issue?
Thanks all. I searched the thread but didn’t see anything.
[quoted image]

There's a link in the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. Click keypost summary to sort by the post names. Look in the TECH:PLAYFIELD section.

#1879 12 months ago

I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet. Was able to order and pay for an LE last week and it will be delivered to my house Monday. I don’t think I will be able to sleep until Monday night! So excited to join the club.

#1880 12 months ago

For those that may struggle with WiFi. I found a USB adapter that works and I have full strength on my pins. It’s dirt cheap. My Deadpool worked (next to my FF LE) but was always weak. My FF would not hold a connection. I swapped the two adapters and FF worked but still very weak. The link below is a $10 adapter and I have full signal strength on both.

https://www.amazon.com/wifi-adapter-usb-pc-network/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=asc_df_B008IFXQFU/

#1881 12 months ago

I put on some new flipper rubbers yesterday. Switched from Titans to Superbands and talk about 2 totally different experiences. I didn't realize how much of a change this would be, but it's insane. Now the game plays even faster than before and I had to turn the flipper power down, because those superbands really send that steel flying.

#1882 12 months ago

If anyone is interested, I just posted an unboxing and setup video of my Foo Fighters Premium on YouTube -

Please feel free to ask any questions.

#1883 12 months ago

My service switch buttons stopped working. They are not "stuck" in any way. They just aren't registering. Any suggestions?

#1884 12 months ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

My service switch buttons stopped working. They are not "stuck" in any way. They just aren't registering. Any suggestions?

Did you try powering down and restarting?

#1885 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Did you try powering down and restarting?

Yes. Several times.

#1886 12 months ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Yes. Several times.

follow the wires and check the connector? Maybe it came unplugged

#1887 12 months ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

Reseat the connector

#1888 12 months ago

[quoted image]

I replied to you but it got buried on the previous page

Quoted from Haymaker:

Except the link doesn't say what the 2 secret skillshots are, which overdrive is one of them. I haven't gotten it yet but I am assuming it is a plunge directly into the overdrive outlane. I think Maiden has a similar skill shot. I still don't know what the pigeon skill shot is yet either.

#1889 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This game couldn't be more different than GZ. I have 211 total plays on GZ Premium (purchased NIB 9 months ago). I unboxed FFLE exactly 1 week and ago and already have ~90 plays on it. I find GZ to be an extremely long playing game...when I turn it on, I usually play 1 game for ~10-15 minutes. On FFLE, my games are much shorter and I'm pressing "Start" very often. In terms of keeping the ball in play, FFLE is 5-10x harder than GZ Premium. GZ rules are much deeper and the game overall is much more polished than FF (but you'd expect that at this point in it's development). Nevertheless, I'm having more fun with FF at the moment. I like a challenge. As sweet as GZ is, it just doesn't challenge me. Sure, it makes me feel proficient @ pinball, but that can be boring. Pinball without the challenge isn't nearly as fun.
Like you, I don't dislike the band...I'm just unfamiliar with them. The music doesn't offend me and I'm liking some of the tunes.
I think it's a hard game to like after only a handful of games. To be honest, when I played the Pro at my distributor, I felt the same way as you. I almost decided to cancel my LE order. I decided to move forward (despite the painful price of 13k) and give it a whirl. I'm happy I did. It's still kicking my arse and it's unclear where the game will end up, but for now, I think it's a stunning accomplishment that will hopefully be finished in time. As others have said, the LE is one of the most beautiful games Stern has ever produced (and I've owned a bunch over my 20 years with Stern).

I definitely feel the same way about the Godzilla Pro vs. LE, would never consider the Pro, but the LE is solid. Not, I need to buy it now solid, but I acknowledge there's something really special about Godzilla. If I can find a Foo Fighters LE somewhere, maybe that will change my mind.

#1890 12 months ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Here’s what a pro looks like with green plastics, mirrors, titan glow and updated apron cards. I think the green by the flippers is kinda too much while playing. Sharing in case helpful…

Nice apron cards. Where from?

#1891 12 months ago

Anyone with a LE do a right or left ramp plastic fix yet? I’m curious on different color combos and what looks good. I’m tempted to go with green but I feel like then it might be too much green.

#1892 12 months ago
Quoted from boommerknight:

Anyone with a LE do a right or left ramp plastic fix yet? I’m curious on different color combos and what looks good. I’m tempted to go with green but I feel like then it might be too much green.

I went with yellow on the lower part and green on the left ramp. Matches the ramp decal perfectly.

IMG_3662 (resized).jpegIMG_3662 (resized).jpeg
#1893 12 months ago

Ok so all these people getting premiums before my LE starting to get to me

#1894 12 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah that’s usually an additional LE selling point. You get the first batch after the location pros.

#1895 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah that’s usually an additional LE selling point. You get the first batch after the location pros.

Right, but they were having trouble w the decal supply so they switched the line to Prems temporarily

#1896 12 months ago
Quoted from boommerknight:

The green is more pronounced but looks really good. If you want more laid back, stick with yellow for the playfield.

I think green is best for the left ramp - it goes really well with the decal there. You can see in this picture, you can keep the stock clear top piece to tune down the green.

I like red for the right ramp but orange looks good too.

We have all these variations listed in the store. If you want a different combo, just shoot me a PM and we can make whatever set you want.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/08333-stern-foo-fighters-plastic-protectors
IMG_3600 (resized).jpegIMG_3600 (resized).jpegIMG_3602 (resized).jpegIMG_3602 (resized).jpegIMG_8970 (resized).jpegIMG_8970 (resized).jpeg

#1897 12 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yep....Feels like a slap in the face honestly.

#1898 12 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Slap-in-the-face2.gifSlap-in-the-face2.gif
#1899 12 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So you’d rather they let the line sit idle while they wait for decals? I’m confused.

#1900 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I went with yellow on the lower part and green on the left ramp. Matches the ramp decal perfectly.
[quoted image]

I went with yellow on bottom left green ramp shield and the orange one in the upper right. They arrived today, and the LE will be here Wednesday

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,317 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/38?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.