PXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 267.
#51 1 year ago

Hi all - posted on the modding thread about a new mod I'm working on and would appreciate your time having a look!
I've finished the prototype of a right ramp sculpt for Foo Fighters. Based off of the decal art below, it's a 3d resin ROAD CLOSED sign as pictured on my Transformers - have a read about it on the dedicated thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-road-closed-ramp-sculpt-mod-interest-check

PrototypeSign (resized).PNGPrototypeSign (resized).PNGSignModel (resized).PNGSignModel (resized).PNG
#52 1 year ago

Just wondering if during either of the reveal streams, did anyone finish a mode? They are good players but I can’t find in the videos where they actually finished a mode before draining. Did I miss it?

#53 1 year ago

Jack cleared three Modes on one of the streams, but cant remember which and when it was. On the Premium reveal there were some plays with one completed mode

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Just wondering if during either of the reveal streams, did anyone finish a mode? They are good players but I can’t find in the videos where they actually finished a mode before draining. Did I miss it?

I know on the LE stream Nick got to the Austin mini-wizard mode.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I didn't find where they finished the mode.. Maybe I missed it also.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

I know on the LE stream Nick got to the Austin mini-wizard mode.

Thanks I’ll have to look for it. Or not and keep it a surprise for me

#57 1 year ago
32AD56AC-EE95-456A-9C84-48803B03AD3F (resized).jpeg32AD56AC-EE95-456A-9C84-48803B03AD3F (resized).jpeg
#58 1 year ago

ALREADY - Nice !

#59 1 year ago

In for an LE!

#60 1 year ago

V0.91.0 - March 23rd, 2023
=============================

= BUG FIXES =
-Fix bug where van modes didn't reset properly
-Fix overlord lock light effects in Overlord 2 and Overlord 3
-Fix final shot animation when you completed the mode with 0 seconds on the timer.
-Fix bug where area51 and overlord lights would flash during Austin or DC when their multiballs couldn't actually be started
-Fix bug where bot targets would be disabled during Area51 Multiball
-Fix overdrive behavior during multiball: it will now instantly save it upon hitting left outlane switch.
-Fix bug with Rock-O-Meter being lit when it shouldn't
-Fix display issue where the penultimate mode shot would not display its award animation
-Fix bug in roswell where the "too slow" animation would sometimes play after the mode was finished
-Fix UI items showing on screen during Match sequence
-Improve overlord lock device behavior

= RULE TWEAKS =

SKILL SHOT
-add instant mystery award when you get the radio targets skill shot
-left inlane, right inlane, right outlane, Rock-O-Meter now instantly validate playfield
-change Rock-O-Meter skillshot:
level 1 = 1x value
level 2 = 2x value + 1 Rock-O-Meter advancement
level 3 = 3x value + 2 Rock-O-Meter advancement
advancement means turn a light that is off into a blinking light, or a blinking light into a solid light

VAN MODES
-Every van mode now can get one shot awarded from the upper playfield inner loop and upper playfield outer loop.
-When you make the first shot in a city, 6 units of progress are awarded instead of 1.
This number decreases by one for each van mode you have completed.
-Roughly double the scoring in all van modes
-Tweak NY Van Mode so that the spinner value doesn't reset between collects
-NY Van Mode now lights the upper spinner to always build value.
-Tweak Final Shot scoring so completing it with less than 10 seconds on the timer will score a guaranteed minimum award value
-New award display added to Chicago

OVERLORD Multiball
-Change re-lock feature to only bump the jackpot (no longer awards a double jackpot)
-The Right Arm Foobot part will now be awarded upon playing Overlord 2 or Overlord 3 (in addition to getting a super jackpot in Overlord 1)

UFO
-Fixed UFO Button Tractor Beam calculations to more accurately find the most valuable shot
-Do not allow progress towards UFO Buttons on captive ball during multiballs
-UFO base value now 250k
-UFO bonus now lit via the left crossover complete (all the way through to upper flipper) shot, 2x if hit from the upper flipper

DC
-you can now visit DC upon saving 3 cities. If you do this, Austin will be available once you save the other 3.
-add a ball in DC each time you get a unique super jackpot

AUSTIN
-change / balance rules and scoring:
-each red shot increases the multiplier on the blue shot (super jackpot)
-the first time you score a 7x super jackpot, add a ball
-each super increases jackpots by 100k
-new formula for starting jackpot value: 1,000,000 + 500,000 per van mode completed on the
-The Overlord shot will always be lit for 250k and change the location of the blue "bot" shot

COMBOTRON
-tweak Combotron scoring
+10k per band member combo made this ball
+5k per band member combo made this game

AREA 51
-add text over area 51 advance animations so you know the award value

SOUND
-add some missing switch and shot sounds
-add some missing display sequence sounds

LIGHTNING
-reset lightning value after the lightning mode ends
-add display effect for lightning awards
-lightning mode no longer raises shot value with each hit. value is determined by how many lightning shots made up until mode was started
-lightning mode timer 30 seconds --> 40 seconds

MYSTERY
-Allow van mods to be given as mystery awards if you're in a van mode
It will act as though you cleared the drop targets instantly (either adding time, value, or progress in the current mode you are in)
-Fixed Advance Spinner mystery award
-added some missing mystery audits
-add competition mystery award sequence in this order:
-2.5M, Engine Upgraded, Raise Spinner, Speakers Upgraded, Max Tractor Beam, Bomb Upgraded, 5 mil, Bonus X, Light Ball Save, Light Extra Ball
-if it can't award a van mod because you are in a wizard mode, 250k will be awarded instead

BOT FRENZY
-allow Austin and DC to start at the same time as Bot Frenzy or while Bot Frenzy is running.

OVERDRIVE
-the Overdrive points award is now disabled during multiball. The Overdrive post save will still activate.

EXTRA BALL
- When Extra Ball is disabled, Extra Ball consolation points increased from 500,000 --> 10,000,000
This value is affected by Playfield and Raygun Multipliers.
Show consolation points in text on top of the extra ball video

MULTIPLIERS
-Playfield X and Raygun X apply to ALL scores

= ADJUSTMENTS ADDED =
ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY,
-add adjustment ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY, difficulty will go up each time you end a playfield x session, default EXTRA EASY:
Extra Easy: Battery (right orbit) always lit
Easy: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle (target behind the drops) to light battery, battery stays lit until playfield timer expires
Medium: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle to light battery, hitting battery turns it off, unless playfield x timer is running
Hard: Same as Medium but battery is on a 30 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running
Extra hard: Same as Hard but battery on a 15 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running

ADJUSTMENT: PLAYFIELD X SECONDS
-Added adjustment PLAYFIELD X SECONDS, default 40, competition install 30
-Added competition mode adjustment back to standard adjustments
-Added target game time back to standard adjustments
-added adjustment "NUM VAN SHOTS SPOTTED" default 5
-added adjustment "VAN MODE STARTING TIME" default 40 seconds
-added adjustment "TIME ADDED PER VAN SHOT" default 3 seconds

- SYSTEM 3.35

#61 1 year ago

Getting mine next week, I cant wait.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Getting mine next week, I cant wait.

What version?

#63 1 year ago

Any version is a good version

#64 1 year ago

Welcome to the club!

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Welcome to the club!

YES! Welcome to the club.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Any version is a good version

Yes but if he's declaring that his LE will arrive next week, I need to know that!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks like a nice release!!

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

=============================
= BUG FIXES =
-Fix bug where van modes didn't reset properly
-Fix overlord lock light effects in Overlord 2 and Overlord 3
-Fix final shot animation when you completed the mode with 0 seconds on the timer.
-Fix bug where area51 and overlord lights would flash during Austin or DC when their multiballs couldn't actually be started
-Fix bug where bot targets would be disabled during Area51 Multiball
-Fix overdrive behavior during multiball: it will now instantly save it upon hitting left outlane switch.
-Fix bug with Rock-O-Meter being lit when it shouldn't
-Fix display issue where the penultimate mode shot would not display its award animation
-Fix bug in roswell where the "too slow" animation would sometimes play after the mode was finished
-Fix UI items showing on screen during Match sequence
-Improve overlord lock device behavior
= RULE TWEAKS =
SKILL SHOT
-add instant mystery award when you get the radio targets skill shot
-left inlane, right inlane, right outlane, Rock-O-Meter now instantly validate playfield
-change Rock-O-Meter skillshot:
level 1 = 1x value
level 2 = 2x value + 1 Rock-O-Meter advancement
level 3 = 3x value + 2 Rock-O-Meter advancement
advancement means turn a light that is off into a blinking light, or a blinking light into a solid light
VAN MODES
-Every van mode now can get one shot awarded from the upper playfield inner loop and upper playfield outer loop.
-When you make the first shot in a city, 6 units of progress are awarded instead of 1.
This number decreases by one for each van mode you have completed.
-Roughly double the scoring in all van modes
-Tweak NY Van Mode so that the spinner value doesn't reset between collects
-NY Van Mode now lights the upper spinner to always build value.
-Tweak Final Shot scoring so completing it with less than 10 seconds on the timer will score a guaranteed minimum award value
-New award display added to Chicago
OVERLORD Multiball
-Change re-lock feature to only bump the jackpot (no longer awards a double jackpot)
-The Right Arm Foobot part will now be awarded upon playing Overlord 2 or Overlord 3 (in addition to getting a super jackpot in Overlord 1)
UFO
-Fixed UFO Button Tractor Beam calculations to more accurately find the most valuable shot
-Do not allow progress towards UFO Buttons on captive ball during multiballs
-UFO base value now 250k
-UFO bonus now lit via the left crossover complete (all the way through to upper flipper) shot, 2x if hit from the upper flipper
DC
-you can now visit DC upon saving 3 cities. If you do this, Austin will be available once you save the other 3.
-add a ball in DC each time you get a unique super jackpot
AUSTIN
-change / balance rules and scoring:
-each red shot increases the multiplier on the blue shot (super jackpot)
-the first time you score a 7x super jackpot, add a ball
-each super increases jackpots by 100k
-new formula for starting jackpot value: 1,000,000 + 500,000 per van mode completed on the
-The Overlord shot will always be lit for 250k and change the location of the blue "bot" shot
COMBOTRON
-tweak Combotron scoring
+10k per band member combo made this ball
+5k per band member combo made this game
AREA 51
-add text over area 51 advance animations so you know the award value
SOUND
-add some missing switch and shot sounds
-add some missing display sequence sounds
LIGHTNING
-reset lightning value after the lightning mode ends
-add display effect for lightning awards
-lightning mode no longer raises shot value with each hit. value is determined by how many lightning shots made up until mode was started
-lightning mode timer 30 seconds --> 40 seconds
MYSTERY
-Allow van mods to be given as mystery awards if you're in a van mode
It will act as though you cleared the drop targets instantly (either adding time, value, or progress in the current mode you are in)
-Fixed Advance Spinner mystery award
-added some missing mystery audits
-add competition mystery award sequence in this order:
-2.5M, Engine Upgraded, Raise Spinner, Speakers Upgraded, Max Tractor Beam, Bomb Upgraded, 5 mil, Bonus X, Light Ball Save, Light Extra Ball
-if it can't award a van mod because you are in a wizard mode, 250k will be awarded instead
BOT FRENZY
-allow Austin and DC to start at the same time as Bot Frenzy or while Bot Frenzy is running.
OVERDRIVE
-the Overdrive points award is now disabled during multiball. The Overdrive post save will still activate.
EXTRA BALL
- When Extra Ball is disabled, Extra Ball consolation points increased from 500,000 --> 10,000,000
This value is affected by Playfield and Raygun Multipliers.
Show consolation points in text on top of the extra ball video
MULTIPLIERS
-Playfield X and Raygun X apply to ALL scores
= ADJUSTMENTS ADDED =
ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY,
-add adjustment ROCK O METER DIFFICULTY, difficulty will go up each time you end a playfield x session, default EXTRA EASY:
Extra Easy: Battery (right orbit) always lit
Easy: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle (target behind the drops) to light battery, battery stays lit until playfield timer expires
Medium: Hit the Mod-ulator paddle to light battery, hitting battery turns it off, unless playfield x timer is running
Hard: Same as Medium but battery is on a 30 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running
Extra hard: Same as Hard but battery on a 15 second timer, unless playfield x timer is running
ADJUSTMENT: PLAYFIELD X SECONDS
-Added adjustment PLAYFIELD X SECONDS, default 40, competition install 30
-Added competition mode adjustment back to standard adjustments
-Added target game time back to standard adjustments
-added adjustment "NUM VAN SHOTS SPOTTED" default 5
-added adjustment "VAN MODE STARTING TIME" default 40 seconds
-added adjustment "TIME ADDED PER VAN SHOT" default 3 seconds
- SYSTEM 3.35

Thank you !

#70 1 year ago

Congrats !

#71 1 year ago

Any pics from TPF showing the machine or machines?

I couldn't get there because of work....

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Any pics from TPF showing the machine or machines?
I couldn't get there because of work....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-for-those-who-can-t-attend-

#73 1 year ago

Cool.

No stills of FF yet... I think I see them in the video, but would love posts of people playing them here.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Cool.
No stills of FF yet... I think I see them in the video, but would love posts of people playing them here.

I think between Pros and Prems they had 20 of them there.

IMG_0259 (resized).jpegIMG_0259 (resized).jpeg
#75 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

I think between Pros and Prems they had 20 of them there.
[quoted image]

Hmmm.... the writing scrawled onto the sign for the game on the right looks familiar...

#76 1 year ago

Was quite intrigued to see that all the Pros on the floor at TPF have a cutout for the dead post and it’s just plugged. Really hoping this can be an added on. It felt really cool getting a save off that post when trying out premiums today.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Was quite intrigued to see that all the Pros on the floor at TPF have a cutout for the dead post and it’s just plugged. Really hoping this can be an added on. It felt really cool getting a save off that post when trying out premiums today.

You really think there's a plugged hole there?
Like they drilled it and filled it with a dowel pin?

Most likely, and what it looks like to me is....
that they did one artwork screen....
the clear with the round black edging represents where it would go,
IF it were on the Pro.

I don't think they're doing 2 dif PF arts.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

You really think there's a plugged hole there?
Like they drilled it and filled it with a dowel pin?
Most likely, and what it looks like to me is....
that they did one artwork screen....
the clear with the round black edging represents where it would go,
IF it were on the Pro.
I don't think they're doing 2 dif PF arts.

On the twitch stream, Jack stated the pro and prem playfields are the same, deadpost hole and all.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

On the twitch stream, Jack stated the pro and prem playfields are the same, deadpost hole and all.

I think he meant the artwork, but maybe you're interpretation is correct.

#80 1 year ago

Can't wait for my LE to come! Check out the shooter rods I'm making for this game! Available at https://flipmods.com and here on pinside

IMG-20230304-WA0041.jpgIMG-20230304-WA0041.jpgIMG-20230323-WA0015.jpgIMG-20230323-WA0015.jpgIMG-20230304-WA0040.jpgIMG-20230304-WA0040.jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/07969-foo-fighters-overlord-shooter-rod

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/08104-foo-fighters-ufo-shooter-rod

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I think he meant the artwork, but maybe you're interpretation is correct.

Here’s a pic from the gallery. I’m not certain either way if it is drilled or not. This sort of looks like some kind of plug.

AC73759A-0F37-4173-A8FC-2477B344CDF2 (resized).pngAC73759A-0F37-4173-A8FC-2477B344CDF2 (resized).png
#82 1 year ago

Here is a snapshot from last week’s factory friday with pros on the line

6FACAAA8-F7E3-46E8-984A-C3032C31743E (resized).png6FACAAA8-F7E3-46E8-984A-C3032C31743E (resized).png
#83 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

[quoted image]

very interesting! thanks

#84 1 year ago

And Danger said on stream, that he metal guide in the left outline to provide enough ballspeed for the deadpost is on the pro, too.

#85 1 year ago

I was told pros go to operators first and that it would be a 5 month wait. Did you buy from Nitro?

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

The issue with trying to do that is gonna be software. The pros have their own software ball save for that which I assume would interfere with any diy mod to add a ball save. Best you can do is a static post (instead of something that pops up) that is potentially awkward with the SW

They have to have some way to differentiate pros and prems. I can't think of a lot of other examples where people add prem mechs/functionality to a pro.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

[quoted image]

Does look like a hole there.....

#88 1 year ago

It's a hole, it's covered with a thin sheet of metal...you can remove it but the problem will be wiring and code. The harness / nodes do not accomodate for the pre/le Deadpost and as someone mentioned, the pro software has its own ballsave feature built into the overdrive that is not dependant on saving the ball from the trough

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Can't wait for my LE to come! Check out the shooter rods I'm making for this game! Available at https://flipmods.com and here on pinside
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/07969-foo-fighters-overlord-shooter-rod
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/08104-foo-fighters-ufo-shooter-rod

Those look great

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How wide is the spaceship, compared to stock shooter knob? Looks good,,

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's a hole, it's covered with a thin sheet of metal...you can remove it but the problem will be wiring and code. The harness / nodes do not accomodate for the pre/le Deadpost and as someone mentioned, the pro software has its own ballsave feature built into the overdrive that is not dependant on saving the ball from the trough

Metallica pro owners added the rising cross. I can’t remember if that was in the code or not…

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Metallica pro owners added the rising cross. I can’t remember if that was in the code or not…

SAM code edits were much different than the SPIKE software. I wouldn't be surprised if they added the option later for Pro owners. It was hinted in the LE reveal if I recall. Probably a $300 or more kit.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

SAM code edits were much different than the SPIKE software. I wouldn't be surprised if they added the option later for Pro owners. It was hinted in the LE reveal if I recall. Probably a $300 or more kit.

I can't personally justify the Premium price difference, but a $300-500 mod for the Deadpost in the Pro and I'd be in.

#94 1 year ago

At TPF and one of the floor Premiums I pre-purchased. I will say that to me the pro shoots great but the upper playfield on the premium is very fun. The right ramp shot needs to be dialed in on the game to be reasonably made, I’ve seen games where that shot is really difficult and some where it isn’t easy but it’s reasonable.

Also the dead post is phenomenal. I know it’s just a ball save in the end but there’s something much more fun about watching the ball physically hop out of the outlane.

Also, Jack Danger signed my translite!

9850C8FE-45B2-4B62-BAA1-2AC7C6CF171E (resized).jpeg9850C8FE-45B2-4B62-BAA1-2AC7C6CF171E (resized).jpeg
#95 1 year ago

There are Van and Overlord spaceship mods in the works.
IF someone makes a deadflip-post mod for the pro
Then really only remaining difference between pro and premium would be art and upper playfield.

Wow

Quoted from onemilemore:

I can't personally justify the Premium price difference, but a $300-500 mod for the Deadpost in the Pro and I'd be in.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I was told pros go to operators first and that it would be a 5 month wait. Did you buy from Nitro?

Tell them that you're a smooth operator...

Rob

#97 1 year ago

I just put a pro at madcap brew co in Kent Oh if anyone not at tpf wants to try it. Looks like the hole for the dead post is there. Modders?

PXL_20230324_024212907.jpgPXL_20230324_024212907.jpgPXL_20230325_163004251.jpgPXL_20230325_163004251.jpgPXL_20230325_165912037.jpgPXL_20230325_165912037.jpg
#98 1 year ago

Just a heads up, PinDefender has been fitted for all Foo models. Thanks to those who gave me pics of the shooter lane.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

At TPF and one of the floor Premiums I pre-purchased. I will say that to me the pro shoots great but the upper playfield on the premium is very fun. The right ramp shot needs to be dialed in on the game to be reasonably made, I’ve seen games where that shot is really difficult and some where it isn’t easy but it’s reasonable.
Also the dead post is phenomenal. I know it’s just a ball save in the end but there’s something much more fun about watching the ball physically hop out of the outlane.
Also, Jack Danger signed my translite!
[quoted image]

Very Cool !

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Just a heads up, PinDefender has been fitted for all Foo models. Thanks to those who gave me pics of the shooter lane.

Thank you !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,326 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/2?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.