IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg
16527429-993A-4D24-8807-0F39F42BBE18_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_3402 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2910 (resized).jpeg
750AC4B1-3216-430E-BA20-3CF6274B8675_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 266.
#1351 12 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I figured out why my right flipper wasn't working. I really don't mind the price increases but this level of QA is disappointing on a $13,000 machine. I found most of the missing pieces in the cabinet, but not all of them. Luckily I keep Stern rebuild kits and the TBL parts bags on hand.
[quoted image]

Interesting you "don't mind the price increases". Having an unfastened coil stop is bizarre. There is no way those screws would unscrew during transport. They must have fixed or adjusted something on the line and forgot to re-assemble the flipper mechs. Big bummer, and couldn't agree more about being disappointed with the QA (at any price, but you'd think LE's might get just a little more love and attention).

#1352 12 months ago

Foo made it home - it is so fast and fun!!

IMG_6628 (resized).jpegIMG_6628 (resized).jpegIMG_6627 (resized).jpegIMG_6627 (resized).jpegIMG_6626 (resized).jpegIMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
#1353 12 months ago

Just unboxed it and loving it from the first ball played!

08E8E10F-BF4A-48ED-A6B9-F4A0107205DC (resized).jpeg08E8E10F-BF4A-48ED-A6B9-F4A0107205DC (resized).jpegB3395B2A-A6E5-4847-A8BC-569D532B8C13 (resized).jpegB3395B2A-A6E5-4847-A8BC-569D532B8C13 (resized).jpeg

#1354 12 months ago

I tried several times to hook up to our wi-fi but so far it's not happening.

Might have to buy an extender.

#1355 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Might also check to see if it's your router's security by disabling security on the router for a few minutes and trying to hook up. If that works, there's a security mismatch/compatibility issue that needs to be addressed. Be sure to turn security back on, though.

#1356 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might also check to see if it's your router's security by disabling security on the router for a few minutes and trying to hook up. If that works, there's a security mismatch/compatibility issue that needs to be addressed. Be sure to turn security back on, though.

I'll try that...thanks!

OK...first dumb question of many. Why can I only access 8 songs?

#1357 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'll try that...thanks!
OK...first dumb question of many. Why can I only access 8 songs?

Some are reserved for specific modes.

Hit the van ramp on the left when the van insert at the ramp entrance is flashing and scroll through the cities, then you'll see the others that are attached to the cities you can visit.

#1358 12 months ago

Dang it.... Played one game and now it's not kicking out the balls to the plunger.

It's level and balanced.

#1359 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Dang it.... Played one game and now it's not kicking out the balls to the plunger.
It's level and balanced.

Just check the connection to the trough kicker coil. It may not be plugged in fully, or maybe a solder point came off at the actual coil lugs.

#1360 12 months ago

Spinner hardly audible in the new release. Really hope they plan on working on shot audio/choreography in general. So many incredible shots that would be great with more sounds (shot audio/choreography is what makes TRON shots so magical...). The flow is awesome, but sounds would make it even better...again, TRON has cool audio rewards to signify certain shots/combos. Really adds to the game.

#1361 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Spinner hardly audible in the new release. Really hope they plan on working on shot audio/choreography in general. So many incredible shots that would be great with more sounds (shot audio/choreography is what makes TRON shots so magical...). The flow is awesome, but sounds would make it even better...again, TRON has cool audio rewards to signify certain shots/combos. Really adds to the game.

I actually enjoy the toned down spinner volume.

Also, having just about ANY sounds would make this game better.

#1362 12 months ago

How is the upper playfield?

#1363 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I really struggled with this as well. After a ton of messing with my router settings I realized that I had messed up the capitalization of one letter in my password. The action button wasn't acting like a shift key

#1364 12 months ago

Some of the Foo Fighters prototypes were really out there...

foo-wacky-prototype2 (resized).pngfoo-wacky-prototype2 (resized).png

...at least according to Midjourney. It still has a hard time with pinball (and hands and eyes), but it's getting better.

On this iteration, it apparently is into pinbar and thinks 3 powder coated leg bolts per leg and a stainless steel start button is the new hotness:
pinball in an arcade (resized).pngpinball in an arcade (resized).png

#1365 12 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I actually had this happen and I fixed it by opening the coin door and pulling out the high voltage safety switch and then closing the coin door again. I do not know why that worked. It was just the easiest thing I could think of to try.

This just happened to me on the rush update I did yesterday. WTH?

#1366 12 months ago

I think I found a bug. Entered Van Mode, I let the timer run down to start New Orleans, then hit the shot into overlord which captured my ball, but no additional ball entered from the trough. I had to manually restart the machine. I will test it to see if I can recreate later.

#1367 12 months ago

A couple of first reactions after playing 10 games on the Pro.

1) For the first time ever, I immediately knew how to use the flashing lockbar button.

2) This may be my favorite game since BM66. I'm trying not to overhype it but this game has me smiling the entire time I play.

#1368 12 months ago

Man foo is a pain to switch the rubbers to titans. Most are easy but undoing the overlord to get to the three rings was a pain and the right side post you can’t get to unless you undo the entire metal ramp. Still working on it.

#1369 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Man foo is a pain to switch the rubbers to titans. Most are easy but undoing the overlord to get to the three rings was a pain and the right side post you can’t get to unless you undo the entire metal ramp. Still working on it.

I left those rubbers black. You can’t see them and the ball doesn’t stay up there long. I can’t imagine they would wear much.

#1370 12 months ago

I thought I read somewhere about an "adult mode" for language but I don't seem to see it.

#1371 12 months ago

Have to take ramp off and found screw that makes it all loose now.

IMG_6531 (resized).jpegIMG_6531 (resized).jpeg
#1372 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Have to take ramp off and found screw that makes it all loose now.
[quoted image]

Dig in Bro

#1373 12 months ago

I think Foo green is my fave so far.

16F412D6-D469-4283-B33C-E6AF74550A63 (resized).jpeg16F412D6-D469-4283-B33C-E6AF74550A63 (resized).jpeg1EECDED0-FF6D-4FAD-BBF5-88D03E7D5973 (resized).jpeg1EECDED0-FF6D-4FAD-BBF5-88D03E7D5973 (resized).jpeg5D3C1EEC-DDA6-44C7-8CF7-4D35C8462E06 (resized).jpeg5D3C1EEC-DDA6-44C7-8CF7-4D35C8462E06 (resized).jpeg6DA250B8-2FAA-40C9-B56F-2133CA74C244 (resized).jpeg6DA250B8-2FAA-40C9-B56F-2133CA74C244 (resized).jpeg
#1374 12 months ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

+1, super cohesive with the art

#1375 12 months ago

+2 … green all the way

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 12 months ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Green is the best by a long shot

#1377 12 months ago

#1378 12 months ago

Green looks great

#1379 12 months ago

On the post sleeve, cant cut off, heat up new and slip on, or no room?

#1380 12 months ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Have you thought of putting one 'F' on the upper plastic and one 'F' on the lower plastic? Thanks.

#1381 12 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

On the post sleeve, cant cut off, heat up new and slip on, or no room?

No gotta do the right way tried everything.

#1382 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

No gotta do the right way tried everything.

I found the same thing. There is a welded on fitting over that post that is on the ball guide. Only way to get it loose is to remove the launch ramp to get to the screw underneath. It’s not a big deal once you realize the screw is under there.

#1383 12 months ago

Here’s a question. I was playing tonight and started Chicago. I noticed the insert is now flashing white instead of teal? Code bug?

#1384 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I think I found a bug. Entered Van Mode, I let the timer run down to start New Orleans, then hit the shot into overlord which captured my ball, but no additional ball entered from the trough. I had to manually restart the machine. I will test it to see if I can recreate later.

Same. I've had the game take the ball in there and not know it was there. I've also had the game beckon for me to shoot the Overlor shot while no ball was in there, but the forks were up, making the shot impossible. And I have tested all the switches. Game gets a bit confused.

#1385 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Same. I've had the game take the ball in there and not know it was there. I've also had the game beckon for me to shoot the Overlor shot while no ball was in there, but the forks were up, making the shot impossible. And I have tested all the switches/opposite. Game gets a bit confused.

Hope you guys are reporting this stuff.

#1386 12 months ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hope you guys are reporting this stuff.

Couldn't find a bug report on Sterns site. Do you know where to report bugs?

#1387 12 months ago

What pitch are you guys at? I’m at 7 and think maybe too steep.

#1388 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Couldn't find a bug report on Sterns site. Do you know where to report bugs?

[email protected]

#1389 12 months ago
#1390 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Same thing happened to me in league tonight on my friend’s pro. It took 3 cycles of ball search but it eventually released the ball. Seems easy to replicate so it shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

#1391 12 months ago

These minor but annoying QA issues seem to happen more often with first runs. I remember playing my first game of Metallica, and the ball got stuck on the graveyard magnet hole (magnet was about 1/4” below the playfield). I had a switch ghosting problem that I tracked down to a reversed diode. Fortunately Sterns are solid once you work out the initial issues (in my experience). My 2013 MET still plays great.

#1392 12 months ago

Another issue that may just be on my machine is the switch for the left ramp seemed to not be triggering on every shot. I thought maybe there was a reason I wasn't getting the shot, but then realized the switch wasn't always getting activated by the lever. I just bent the metal on the switch a little and it seems to have done the trick.

#1393 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

These minor but annoying QA issues seem to happen more often with first runs. I remember playing my first game of Metallica, and the ball got stuck on the graveyard magnet hole (magnet was about 1/4” below the playfield). I had a switch ghosting problem that I tracked down to a reversed diode. Fortunately Sterns are solid once you work out the initial issues (in my experience). My 2013 MET still plays great.

I do appreciate those that run thru the early waves of problems & fixes, the burden being theirs as the cost of the excitement of being first out of the gate. It’s why I’d be pleased to be on the 2nd run of premiums…if that didn’t also mean in this case I’d be the guinea pig for a new factory.

#1394 12 months ago

I’d love to be trail blazing right about now

#1395 12 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Another issue that may just be on my machine is the switch for the left ramp seemed to not be triggering on every shot. I thought maybe there was a reason I wasn't getting the shot, but then realized the switch wasn't always getting activated by the lever. I just bent the metal on the switch a little and it seems to have done the trick.

I had the exact same issue. That switch seems to be a bit finicky. Bending the metal switch arm to make the switch more sensitive helped.

#1396 12 months ago

Just had the glass off. The wood prep, art application and clear on this PF is A+ (nicer than recent Sterns). Hard to know if it's luck of the draw or they've honed their process...just relieved.

IMG_2955 (resized).jpegIMG_2955 (resized).jpeg
#1397 12 months ago

A couple more things on my new Pro....

The left inlane spinner fell off. How dificult is it to reattatch?

Is anyone else glass on really snug? When I pull the glass, it's on really tight and difficult to pull.

#1398 12 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

A couple more things on my new Pro....
The left inlane spinner fell off. How dificult is it to reattatch?
Is anyone else glass on really snug? When I pull the glass, it's on really tight and difficult to pull.

Left inlane spinner? There is only the one spinner in the middle, right? Which piece are you talking about?

The glass on this is super tight. I welcome it, as I've had a few sterns where the glass rattled so much that I added a thick anti rattle tape on the edges to knock it off. So I'm happy with it.

#1399 12 months ago

Guys, I understand that the low battery insert on the right loop indicates you can power up the rock o meter, but sometimes it isn't glowing, and you cannot charge your multiplier. How do you get it relit?

#1400 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just had the glass off. The wood prep, art application and clear on this PF is A+ (nicer than recent Sterns). Hard to know if it's luck of the draw or they've honed their process...just relieved.
[quoted image]

This is a great thing... My last few games have been terrible on the clearcoat, missed application areas, dings, stuff in the CC, ribbing, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 266.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.