IMG_8974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9036 (resized).jpeg
Foo Card (resized).png
IMG-9029 (resized).jpg
Lising Print (resized).png
IMG_8974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9023 Large (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 282.
#13901 33 days ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I plan to share the STL file for free use. This one already contains 8+ “remixed model” files (e.g Boombox, FF logo, Van) so there will be many source credits I’ll need to give. I am really excited how it’s coming together, and hope I can make the lighting effect really cool as well.

This is the way

To make the hobby better, time to make money and a time to share.
Kudos to you

#13902 33 days ago

Yes, definitely. I had the similar thought - it could make a great looking topper if scaled up so I'll include that option in the eventual release.

Quoted from Apollo18:

Any potential for scaling up the size to use as topper ?

#13903 33 days ago

Sharing a sneak preview my 3D model to replace the Van for us Pro owners. I'd say it's around 75% completed, and looking forward to sharing once it's ready.
[quoted image]

Ooo interested. Would it be multiple piece friendly for smaller printers? We just got a small resin printer but of course so many STLs are for larger prints

#13904 32 days ago

Generally, your slicer program may be able to divide larger models into pieces. I use PrusaSlicer and it can do this, including generating a hole & peg to help ensure that the parts line up when glued back together.

#13905 31 days ago
Quoted from HeronameX:

Not the official Stern FF armor, but this should give you enough of a visual. These were available as bare metal from Pinball Life, I believe, so I went with them to speed up my powder coating process. There's a good chance I'll be designing a custom version with some EL lit cutouts in the near future. I've already customized my speaker panel (these pics show a prototype that just stuck overlays over the stock panel - the final version is one solid custom panel with the design incorporated into it), and I have a custom metal apron being fabricated now so that I can get rid of the plastic one.
I'm pretty sure the length of the rail portion of the side armor is within spec for the bending capabilities I'm using, so the design should be quite easy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are you getting your new apron from? I've been looking for an alternative everywhere, and can't find one.

#13906 31 days ago
Quoted from CoolAFArcade:

Where are you getting your new apron from? I've been looking for an alternative everywhere, and can't find one.

I broke out the calipers and various angle measuring tools, modeled a replica of the one from my Rush LE, and uploaded that to SendCutSend. It's the same thing I did to make my custom speaker panel.

I should have the first version in my hands next week to verify if everything fits as it should. Once I have the critical stuff aligned properly, I'll can toy around with potential customizations like backlighting the rule card, replacing the card with a screen, adding fun backlit cutouts, etc.

#13907 31 days ago

I still would love to see a Gary “Ship Em” mode installed. Since the employees did such a great job with voice acting, let’s keep it going and get Gary’s vocals in this game pronto! Just a short mode qualified by a number of upper flipper hit shots (side ramp and loop combined) where you get 30 seconds to “ship” as many games as you can using the upper while gary shouts out numbers of shipped Foo Fighters pins. It would be well timed with their next run of games. This is long overdue!

#13908 31 days ago

The drawing of him need to be on the screen also. Make this happen Jack !

#13909 31 days ago

Finished the Van Mod model, and it's on my 3D printer for a test run. I plan to print the rocket surround with clear filament, and install Gel Light filter inserts in the windows. It's a ~22hr print at this scale, so fingers crossed my measurements were accurate.

Sharing a sneak preview my 3D model to replace the Van for us Pro owners. I'd say it's around 75% completed, and looking forward to sharing once it's ready.
[quoted image]

Foo Van (resized).jpgFoo Van (resized).jpg

#13910 31 days ago

Finished the Van Mod model, and it's on my 3D printer for a test run. I plan to print the rocket surround with clear filament, and install Gel Light filter inserts in the windows. It's a ~22hr print at this scale, so fingers crossed my measurements were accurate.

[quoted image]

nice work, would love to get a copy if possible

what is the scale that you have there / how long x wide x high ?

#13911 31 days ago

[quoted image]

Looks great! One option on the clear tube should the clear filament not work well would be to design it to match one of these cheap candy tubes. They are 1" OD and could simply be cut to length.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHKT399

#13912 30 days ago

Thanks for the tip. It will be my first time printing a clear piece, and I hear they typically turn out a bit cloudy. Your idea might be even better!

Quoted from STLOkie:

Looks great! One option on the clear tube should the clear filament not work well would be to design it to match one of these cheap candy tubes. They are 1" OD and could simply be cut to length.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHKT399

#13913 30 days ago

Here's a screenshot with the scale info. After the first print, I found lots of refinement I need to do so working on V2. I'm also going to try printing vertically the next time to reduce the amount of support needed.

Quoted from swinks:

nice work, would love to get a copy if possible
what is the scale that you have there / how long x wide x high ?

Foo Van Model Scale (resized).pngFoo Van Model Scale (resized).png
#13914 30 days ago

Random question. Had sticker 17 near the alien fall off essentially stuck to the play field now. Any ideas on best ways to remove the sticker from the play field without damaging the play field.

#13915 29 days ago

I'd look at getting my fingernail under it and and peel it off. Then I'd see about cleaning the residue from my nail and vagina and then reach out to Stern for
a replacement sticker.

Quoted from Slimer24:

Random question. Had sticker 17 near the alien fall off essentially stuck to the play field now. Any ideas on best ways to remove the sticker from the play field without damaging the play field.

#13916 29 days ago

Ha so it was a bit too stuck on for finger nail however a very thin credit card did the trick this morning

#13917 29 days ago

Aw bwalter downvoted.... Cmon that's funny.

#13918 29 days ago

The sticker on my left upper ramp left side came off and immediately stuck down, I peeled it off and stuck it back where it came from, wife plays and next time I look it's gone again and then the hunt was on for WHERE DID IT GO....yep, stuck down someplace it was super hard to remove, but once I got it off it went in the trash since it's obviously not going to stay on any longer. Asked for a replacement from stern....nothing so far. Shocking, I know.

Quoted from Slimer24:Ha so it was a bit too stuck on for finger nail however a very thin credit card did the trick this morning

#13919 29 days ago

Thanks for the tip. It will be my first time printing a clear piece, and I hear they typically turn out a bit cloudy. Your idea might be even better!

There are some good clear resins, but for best results, hit them with a clear coat to fill in those teeny little print lines. You can brush a bit of uncured resin and cure that manually, too, but a good spray clear is my preferred method.

It's hard to beat a properly vacuum formed thermoplastic, though.

#13920 29 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

The sticker on my left upper ramp left side came off and immediately stuck down, I peeled it off and stuck it back where it came from, wife plays and next time I look it's gone again and then the hunt was on for WHERE DID IT GO....yep, stuck down someplace it was super hard to remove, but once I got it off it went in the trash since it's obviously not going to stay on any longer. Asked for a replacement from stern....nothing so far. Shocking, I know.

If the original sticker is intact and not otherwise damaged (aside from the adhesive being non-adhesivey), why wouldn’t you reattach it with some new glue?

I had some target stickers fail. I cleaned the glue residue off the targets with alcohol or something, sprayed the back of the sticker with 3M ‘77 spray adhesive’ and it’s been great since.

IMG_1721 (resized).jpegIMG_1721 (resized).jpeg
#13921 29 days ago

I actually have some of that. Good to know. Cheers.

Quoted from EtzEtz:If the original sticker is intact and not otherwise damaged (aside from the adhesive being non-adhesivey), why wouldn’t you reattach it with some new glue?

I had some target stickers fail. I cleaned the glue residue off the targets with alcohol or something, sprayed the back of the sticker with 3M ‘77 spray adhesive’ and it’s been great since.[quoted image]

#13922 28 days ago

Maybe it was the new overlord prototype I installed tonight. But had and epic game. Over 4 billion. Made it ti the final battle, sadly lost by a couple of shots.
Anyway I have been busy rebuilding from the ground up the overlord model inspired by dpadam450 with all credit to him on the original model. I remade several components and added some to the model. This one will have interchangeable hands from fists to the middle finger on either or both hands. Made to line up with raidenmods add on legs and working on the clear cover from him to fit as well.
I plan on trying to make legs, but raidens look so good. Images coming soon on finished model.
IMG_9013 (resized).jpegIMG_9013 (resized).jpeg

#13923 28 days ago

I thought the Overlord is one of the coolest characters in recent pinball releases. I wanted to come up with something that would amplify his personality and charisma. I hope you find the DMCS Overlord / Lord Zaedor mod will do that! I am on the home stretch to complete it. Below is the latest video of the beta release with lots of refinements and some varied angry reaction animations at key points in the game. Check in on my thread for more details and if you want to get on the list for one. The premium/LE release is imminent and Pro version is coming soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods

The contest to win a free Lord Zaedor mod is also still open until the production release. Just post your idea for something you want Lord Zaedor to do and when in my thread. Maybe there's a good idea someone has for something I haven't thought of. I'm still considering a few ideas to add.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods/page/2#post-8187515

#13924 28 days ago

My game keeps freezing up and all lights go black, flippers go dead. Started right when I gave it a light nudge, thought I tilted out and found a bug. Eventually froze completely and had to reset the power. Anything I can check for this?

IMG_7751 (resized).jpegIMG_7751 (resized).jpeg
#13925 28 days ago
Quoted from Wade:

My game keeps freezing up and all lights go black, flippers go dead. Started right when I gave it a light nudge, thought I tilted out and found a bug. Eventually froze completely and had to reset the power. Anything I can check for this?
[quoted image]

Next game froze up like this:

IMG_7752 (resized).jpegIMG_7752 (resized).jpeg
#13926 28 days ago
Quoted from Wade:

[quoted image]

Check all the connectors on the Node8 and Node9 boards (with power off). If that doesn't help, I'd re-image a new SD card. Stern ships these with absolute crap SD cards that can corrupt the code and cause issues like this. Bonus is with a better quality/faster SD you'll also shave time off the bootup.

SD images are here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Discussion of optimum card speed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improve-spike2-boot-time-reliability-w-new-sd-card-ratings-within#post-8059100

#13927 28 days ago

Another route like failure! I hardly play the game and it keeps going down, lol.

IMG_7753 (resized).jpegIMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
#13928 28 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check all the connectors on the Node8 and Node9 boards (with power off). If that doesn't help, I'd re-image a new SD card. Stern ships these with absolute crap SD cards that can corrupt the code and cause issues like this. Bonus is with a better quality/faster SD you'll also shave time off the bootup.
SD images are here:
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
Discussion of optimum card speed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improve-spike2-boot-time-reliability-w-new-sd-card-ratings-within#post-8059100

You’ll never guess what it was. Eventually it wouldn’t boot at all, dead. The power cord was pulling out of the extension cord! I wrapped it around in a knot and plugged it back in.

Gonna have to get a parts order together though, because the balls just launch from the left ramp without that plastic, lol.

#13929 28 days ago
Quoted from Wade:

You’ll never guess what it was. Eventually it wouldn’t boot at all, dead. The power cord was pulling out of the extension cord! I wrapped it around in a knot and plugged it back in.
Gonna have to get a parts order together though, because the balls just launch from the left ramp without that plastic, lol.

I thought about that (VERY COMMON ON JJPs), but Stern has that clip that holds the power cord in right next to the backbox plug, so I didn't even suggest that.

Glad you're back in business, though!

#13930 28 days ago

I made some updates to the print rx2006je sent over to me. Have some touch up to do but curious if anyone had any other recommendations.

I’m thinking of getting a spring to mount to the base so it moves a bit with the action like with the premium. Needs to be the right resistance and size though. TBD there.

IMG_5774 (resized).jpegIMG_5774 (resized).jpeg
#13931 27 days ago
Quoted from STLOkie:

I made some updates to the print rx2006je sent over to me. Have some touch up to do but curious if anyone had any other recommendations.
I’m thinking of getting a spring to mount to the base so it moves a bit with the action like with the premium. Needs to be the right resistance and size though. TBD there.
[quoted image]

I was also thinking about incorporating a spring somehow. I think that is a good idea. The premium uses a coil underneath.

#13932 27 days ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I thought the Overlord is one of the coolest characters in recent pinball releases. I wanted to come up with something that would amplify his personality and charisma. I hope you find the DMCS Overlord / Lord Zaedor mod will do that! I am on the home stretch to complete it. Below is the latest video of the beta release with lots of refinements and some varied angry reaction animations at key points in the game. Check in on my thread for more details and if you want to get on the list for one. The premium/LE release is imminent and Pro version is coming soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods
The contest to win a free Lord Zaedor mod is also still open until the production release. Just post your idea for something you want Lord Zaedor to do and when in my thread. Maybe there's a good idea someone has for something I haven't thought of. I'm still considering a few ideas to add.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-dmcs-save-post-and-spinning-ufo-mods/page/2#post-8187515

that annimated overlord is fantastic

#13933 27 days ago

For those who are interested, Zach @ Flip n Out is taking orders for the expression speaker light kits. They are supposed to be compatible with any games that have EL installed. No eta on them but I thought they look amazing on Wick and think they will look great on Foo as well. For the money, I don't mind a wait/delay for my LE.

#13934 27 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

For those who are interested, Zach @ Flip n Out is taking orders for the expression speaker light kits. They are supposed to be compatible with any games that have EL installed. No eta on them but I thought they look amazing on Wick and think they will look great on Foo as well. For the money, I don't mind a wait/delay for my LE.

Are they listed on the site? I assume they will be like Jaws.

#13935 27 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Are they listed on the site? I assume they will be like Jaws.

They are listed on Stern's site in the Jaws accessories. Not listed elsewhere yet, but from what I am told they are not Jaws specific. I reached out to Zach because it's usually who I do business with. He took the order right away for me.

#13936 27 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

They are supposed to be compatible with any games that have EL installed.

I was curious about it so i looked at jaws and then john wick.
The speaker lights have their own node board, they don't use the cabinet expression light board. (e.g. JW LE has both boards)
So, I don't see why the list of supported games would be related to expression lights at all.
Also means you can have a better light show and the product is theoretically better than the $165 "PixlWav" from pinwoofer which just duplicates the cabinet.
But, requires stern to add programming for it. Are they really going to go back and do that to old games? The sales potential is smaller.

If they do the cheap approach of "eh, for the old EL games, just copy/paste code from cab EL lights" , I am not interested.

Will have to wait and see a video for FF with this installed and code update.

#13937 27 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I was curious about it so i looked at jaws and then john wick.
The speaker lights have their own node board, they don't use the cabinet expression light board. (e.g. JW LE has both boards)
So, I don't see why the list of supported games would be related to expression lights at all.
Also means you can have a better light show and the product is theoretically better than the $165 "PixlWav" from pinwoofer which just duplicates the cabinet.
But, requires stern to add programming for it. Are they really going to go back and do that to old games? The sales potential is smaller.
If they do the cheap approach of "eh, for the old EL games, just copy/paste code from cab EL lights" , I am not interested.
Will have to wait and see a video for FF with this installed and code update.

Very good point. Jaws doesn't have EL, so it would need its own board in theory right? Wick LE's do have EL installed like Foo. Figure it's worth a shot either way. Might be passive and use the EL lighting which it appears on Wick as the case at least from the clips I have seen so far. I could be wrong but like you said, it would be silly for Stern to not do an easy light code update and get a market of more buyers.

#13938 27 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Very good point. Jaws doesn't have EL, so it would need its own board in theory right? Wick LE's do have EL installed like Foo. Figure it's worth a shot either way. Might be passive and use the EL lighting which it appears on Wick as the case at least from the clips I have seen so far. I could be wrong but like you said, it would be silly for Stern to not do an easy light code update and get a market of more buyers.

No, what I am trying to say is:

Foo LE: has expression lights in cab. node board for it in cab.
Jaws LE: has expression speaker lights. different node board for it in head.
Wick LE: has expression lights in cab, and expression speaker lights. both of the node boards above (1 in head, 1 in cab).
If you want expression speaker lights in foo, you need the other node board too.

The $200 expression speaker lights certainly come with the node board. So from a:
hardware perspective - they should work with any spike 2 game.
sw perspective - needs new code for any game that's not Wick or Jaws, even games that have cab lights. How much effort they put into, for example, Foo speaker lights is yet to be seen.

#13939 26 days ago

Some info on the various Stern Expression things (cabinet and speaker) from what I have seen.

The cabinet Expression Lights are 2 strips of 24 LEDs on each side of the cabinet. They work with a 96 LED signal that is split and sent to each of the 4 rows of LEDs.

The Expression Speaker Lights are 2 23 LED rings that are split. They work on a 23 LED signal (I believe). This means the left and right speaker ALWAYS have to show the same lighting pattern. This was a stupid move on Stern's part, and it really limits what can be done with the Expression Speaker Lights. On top of that....they look cheap....just LED strips stuck on a ring, that is a bit smaller than it should be and had the LEDs in view a bit more than they should be.

This makes the cabinet lighting and speaker lighting completely incompatible as far as the LED data signals are concerned. If you would hook the Stern speaker lights to their cabinet Expression lights you would only be seeing 23 LEDs of the 96 LED cabinet light show.....showing in both speakers. So basically, both speakers would be showing 23 of the 24 LEDs that make up the lower row on the left side of the cabinet Expression light.

If things would have been done properly, they could have had the speaker lights looking better (put the LEDs in a diffused ring instead of just being stuck on a ring) and had 24 LEDs per side. This 24 LEDs per side would make them much more compatible with various light pattens. As it is, you can't even split the 23 LEDs in half to have 2 patterns spinning around without having a skip where the light strips begin and end. 24 LEDs can have 1-24 pattern, 2-12 LED patterns, 3-8 LED patterns, 4-6 LED patterns, 6-4 LED patterns, 8-3 LED pattern, 12-2 LED patterns.....all without a skip where the LED beginning and end transitions are. With 23 LEDs.....you can do a 23 LED pattern smoothy....that's it. Everything else has a skip or stutter in a chasing pattern. They should have also had the LED signals linked with both speaker (or each one getting their own separate signal the way the cabinet Expression lights do) so they could have been programmed to do different things at the same time. I would have to think having a 48 LED data line for both of the speaker lights would have been much more compatible with the programming of the cabinet expression lights also.....as it would be just like programming the left or right side of the cabinet with its 48 LED signal. If the speaker light rings were 24 LEDs each and wired independently....they could have very easily made it so each one showed one row of the left and right cabinet expression lights and had the same light show on the speakers if a user chose to. Very consumer friendly as that could have been done with a single node board if a user wanted that type of cabinet light show on their speakers instead of the speakers doing their own thing with their own node board. Very consumer friendly, and very unlike Stern where mo money is concerned.

I see no reason their Expression speaker lights couldn't be programmed for use in the past SPIKE 2 games, but will they do it and with the limitations they have put on their own accessory....would it even be worth it?

Also....same node board for the cabinet and speaker Expression lights. They just have a different dip switch configuration to let the board know what it is supposed to be doing. Led Zep and Rush had an earlier node board revision, but I believe both are compatible with one another.

As it is, I'm quite surprised at the Stern price considering the node board alone costs $199.95. I was also expecting the speaker and speaker plates would be included in their offering at a significant markup. I was expecting $400+ myself.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

PS: Even if Stern does release their Expression Speaker Lights with programming for Foo, my upcoming High Impact SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits for games with cabinet Expression Lighting should work just fine along with them....and they will look much better since they will, at least, have a difference in what you are seeing in the right and left speaker just as the cabinet Expression Lighting does.

#13940 26 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Just now seeing this.....I don't see how that would be possible unless the add-on speaker Expression lights are made differently than the ones installed in Jaws LE and Wick LE.

#13941 26 days ago

So I got another FF last night, while it was doing a huge update (I did hear a lot of new call outs from my old one, I liked that), I did some green head trim, GITD rubbers, voodoo, floor sub, shaker motor, normal mods my first one had. By then I was only able to play a couple games and the flippers seem extremely overpowered. I checked the power setting and they were on 253 or 255. I turned them down to 250, not any better, then to 240, and it’s a little better but still seems way too strong. I back handed the Area 51 ramp with a lot of force a couple times, but sometimes I’m hitting the posts next to overlord and getting massive air balls. Slope is at 6.5. Should I just keep turning the power down? Never really had this issue before, normally it’s the opposite.

IMG_0857 (resized).jpegIMG_0857 (resized).jpeg

#13942 26 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

So I got another FF last night, while it was doing a huge update (I did hear a lot of new call outs from my old one, I liked that), I did some green head trim, GITD rubbers, voodoo, floor sub, shaker motor, normal mods my first one had. By then I was only able to play a couple games and the flippers seem extremely overpowered. I checked the power setting and they were on 253 or 255. I turned them down to 250, not any better, then to 240, and it’s a little better but still seems way too strong. I back handed the Area 51 ramp with a lot of force a couple times, but sometimes I’m hitting the posts next to overlord and getting massive air balls. Slope is at 6.5. Should I just keep turning the power down? Never really had this issue before, normally it’s the opposite.

I think the newest games have a different flipper bushing material that take out some of the slop - kind of halfway between existing Stern and the metal precision flippers. Forget if it started with Wick or Jaws. There's a small chance the previous owner could have replaced the bushing with either one of these or the precision metal bushings....though not even sure if the newer Stern bushing is available to purchase anywhere.

Nothing wrong with continuing to turn the power down to where you want it though.

#13943 26 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I think the newest games have a different flipper bushing material that take out some of the slop - kind of halfway between existing Stern and the metal precision flippers. Forget if it started with Wick or Jaws. There's a small chance the previous owner could have replaced the bushing with either one of these or the precision metal bushings....though not even sure if the newer Stern bushing is available to purchase anywhere.
Nothing wrong with continuing to turn the power down to where you want it though.

Ok thanks. I still play a FF premium at league, and have owned a decent amount of newer sterns, just never had a “too strong” issue lol

#13944 26 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I have a Pro from last year. Do I have the older or newer bushings? I would order the new ones if I knew I have the older style.

#13945 26 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I have a Pro from last year. Do I have the older or newer bushings? I would order the new ones if I knew I have the older style.

I don't think there's been a Foo run pro or premium that's recent enough that they'd use the newer bushings. I guess looking at the PBL listing it's maybe the same nylon material but a smaller ID for a tighter fit? https://www.pinballlife.com/updated-stern-nylon-flipper-bushing.html

If you're truly looking for an upgrade there the precision pinball metal bushings would be a good way to go.

#13946 26 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

It started with the STh vaults in November of 23'. So anything after that for build dates have what I call polyurethane bushings. I turned my STh all the way down to 215. Almost everything built in the new factory but I think they got some JP30 and Elvira BLK out in October slightly before that might have the old bushings.

#13947 26 days ago

only $2.25 a pop. i would be interested to see someone compare these to precision and old stern bushings all on the same game.
I was about to order some Halos for my TMNT (and maybe Foo after) but I might as well try these first??

Anyone seen a discussion/review of these?

#13948 26 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

only $2.25 a pop. i would be interested to see someone compare these to precision and old stern bushings all on the same game.
I was about to order some Halos for my TMNT (and maybe Foo after) but I might as well try these first??
Anyone seen a discussion/review of these?

MacGruber reminded me that yeah, it was the STh thread I had seen these commented on, and basically people were lowering the flipper coil power down to essentially get the same results as the older run(s) of STh (similar to if you get precision bushings). I think John that manufactures the precision stuff had a bit more detailed breakdown of the new bushings in that thread - if I remember they were better than the existing Stern OEM bushings but not as tight as the precision stuff.

Personally I've bought a full set of precision flippers once and I like the product. If I were to buy more I'd probably just buy the metal bushings and leave everything else stock, as it seems that's a good balance of stock flipper feel + the gains of more repeatable shots from tightening up the slop / helping limit flipper coil heat fade.

#13949 26 days ago

I put a new pair of bushings in my original run ST and it certainly made a difference. Haven't felt the need to add them to Foo though as I don't have trouble making any shots

#13950 26 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

MacGruber reminded me that yeah, it was the STh thread I had seen these commented on, and basically people were lowering the flipper coil power down to essentially get the same results as the older run(s) of STh (similar to if you get precision bushings). I think John that manufactures the precision stuff had a bit more detailed breakdown of the new bushings in that thread - if I remember they were better than the existing Stern OEM bushings but not as tight as the precision stuff.
Personally I've bought a full set of precision flippers once and I like the product. If I were to buy more I'd probably just buy the metal bushings and leave everything else stock, as it seems that's a good balance of stock flipper feel + the gains of more repeatable shots from tightening up the slop / helping limit flipper coil heat fade.

Agree with Blizz…. Except those Precision flippers are also pretty damn sexy!

And making adjustments topside is a plus as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 699.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Westbrook, ME
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 282.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.