IMG_2146 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6435 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6434 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6437 (resized).jpeg
ToyTimeMBStats (resized).png
foo-start-on-cabinet (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 283.
#12101 4 months ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Nice game - finished all the cities but drained before I got to light overloaded. Was also 2 combos short of completing band members.
[quoted image]

Dam the 2 billi club now. Well done.

#12102 4 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Nice! How was the expression lights install? Any dip switches or just turn it on in the menu?

That reminded me....MAKE SURE YOU SET THE DIP SWITCHES ON THE NODE BOARD BEFORE SCREWING IT INTO THE CABINET. They don't even mention the dip switches in the install instructions until near the end. By that time....you have already done too much. I had to pull the board back out as the dip switches were not turned in the correct position and I couldn't even see what direction they were or should be in. It doesn't help that they have some sort of brownish substance or tape or something on them that makes flipping the dip switches impossible without a nail or needle or something like that. In short....make sure the dip switches are already flipped the correct way before you screw it into the side of the cabinet. When you can easily see and flip the dip switches to how they need to be.

#12103 4 months ago

Since I won't have the topper I'm treating Toy Time as another wizard/mini-wizard mode. I like that it forces me to try for the band combos, because truthfully without it I'd just ignore them. So it's my new Final Battle since I've gotten to the end enough times. Got close a few times but no cigar today. I'll get back to it one of these days.

#12104 4 months ago

Finally in the club! Brought home a flawless LE with under 500 lifetime plays for $10.5K. Brought it home, detailed it, installed Invisiglass and Mylar in the shooter lane, then literally played one 20 minute game and put up a 1.4B GC score and saw Foobot MB, Combotron and a bunch of other kick ass modes. Had it cranked with profanity enabled!

Had most of the cities checked green including Austin, this game is so much fun and flows like crazy! My wife also played a few games and gave it the seal of approval…this thing is never leaving. Time to order the overpriced topper and other mods! Haven’t had this much fun playing pinball in a long time…the passion is back

IMG_1345 (resized).jpegIMG_1345 (resized).jpegIMG_1348 (resized).jpegIMG_1348 (resized).jpegIMG_1351 (resized).jpegIMG_1351 (resized).jpegIMG_1352 (resized).jpegIMG_1352 (resized).jpegIMG_1355 (resized).jpegIMG_1355 (resized).jpegIMG_1356 (resized).jpegIMG_1356 (resized).jpegIMG_1360 (resized).jpegIMG_1360 (resized).jpegIMG_1361 (resized).jpegIMG_1361 (resized).jpegIMG_1365 (resized).jpegIMG_1365 (resized).jpegIMG_1371 (resized).jpegIMG_1371 (resized).jpegIMG_1372 (resized).jpegIMG_1372 (resized).jpegIMG_1374 (resized).jpegIMG_1374 (resized).jpegIMG_1376 (resized).jpegIMG_1376 (resized).jpegIMG_1377 (resized).jpegIMG_1377 (resized).jpegIMG_1378 (resized).jpegIMG_1378 (resized).jpegIMG_1379 (resized).jpegIMG_1379 (resized).jpegIMG_1380 (resized).jpegIMG_1380 (resized).jpegIMG_1381 (resized).jpegIMG_1381 (resized).jpegIMG_1382 (resized).jpegIMG_1382 (resized).jpegIMG_1383 (resized).jpegIMG_1383 (resized).jpegIMG_1386 (resized).jpegIMG_1386 (resized).jpegIMG_1388 (resized).jpegIMG_1388 (resized).jpegIMG_1392 (resized).jpegIMG_1392 (resized).jpeg
#12105 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Finally in the club! Brought home a flawless LE with under 500 lifetime plays for $10.5K. Brought it home, detailed it, installed Invisiglass and Mylar in the shooter lane, then literally played one 20 minute game and put up a 1.4B GC score and saw Foobot MB, Combotron and a bunch of other kick ass modes. Had it cranked with profanity enabled!
Had most of the cities checked green including Austin, this game is so much fun and flows like crazy! My wife also played a few games and gave it the seal of approval…this thing is never leaving. Time to order the overpriced topper and other mods! Haven’t had this much fun playing pinball in a long time…the passion is back
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good to see them smiling! Enjoy and thanks for a sharing!

#12106 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! What was wrong with the HD glass it shipped with? Did the original owner keep it for another game?

#12107 4 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Nice! What was wrong with the HD glass it shipped with? Did the original owner keep it for another game?

Oh, I didn’t realize it came with HD glass. It has a Made in USA sticker on it. I installed thinner invisiglass and prefer it over factory glass. My wife actually asked me if the glass was installed while she was playing LOL. I have PDI, Voodoo or Invisiglass on all of my pins. Once you use those, you can’t go back to standard glass

#12108 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Oh, I didn’t realize it came with HD glass. It has a Made in USA sticker on it. I installed thinner invisiglass and prefer it over factory glass. My wife actually asked me if the glass was installed while she was playing LOL. I have PDI, Voodoo or Invisiglass on all of my pins. Once you use those, you can’t go back to standard glass

The factory for LE is HD glass. It is at least as good as the invisiglass that comes with JJP. So make sure you keep it.
They put the made in USA sticker on both standard and HD glass nowadays.

#12109 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Lol, yup! I want to say since 2018, all Stern LE'S have been coming with it. My DPLE from that year has it already, and there is the latest release Jaws LE has it. Well, now you have extra! Anyway, for future reference, a trick I like to use if I'm ever not sure. Any flashlight or even the light on your phone can tell you. Shine it on the glass. If it is a normal white reflection, it's regular glass. If the reflection of the light is green, then you know it's HD glass!

#12110 4 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Lol, yup! I want to say since 2018, all Stern LE'S have been coming with it. My DPLE from that year has it already, and there is the latest release Jaws LE has it. Well, now you have extra! Anyway, for future reference, a trick I like to use if I'm ever not sure. Any flashlight or even the light on your phone can tell you. Shine it on the glass. If it is a normal white reflection, it's regular glass. If the reflection of the light is green, then you know it's HD glass!

Good tip, thank you! Where are you guys ordering the Foo topper and shooter from? Who has the best deal shipped? Would like to order the accessories to really set this game off

#12111 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Doesn’t an LE already come with invisiglass?

#12112 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Make sure you put the glass back on after an epic score like that.

#12113 4 months ago

whats the height of the topper?

#12114 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Congrats! It’s such a great game! The flow is ridiculous on it. One of sterns best games.

#12115 4 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Make sure you put the glass back on after an epic score like that.

The glass was on LOL. This game flows incredible, I can see 3-4B games coming without much effort. It feels essy compared to something like Alien, Black Knight SOR, Jurassic Park, etc. but the difficulty is just about right. This game reminds me a lot of my old Godzilla LE, but I prefer the theme about 100 times more! The audio does sound muddy, even after adjusting the game volume settings, so I’ll probably order a Pinwoofer kit or other set of better speakers to clear up the sound. I was playing with the jukebox mod with the light shows…so cool. This game is going to be a hit during parties

#12116 4 months ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Since I won't have the topper I'm treating Toy Time as another wizard/mini-wizard mode. I like that it forces me to try for the band combos, because truthfully without it I'd just ignore them. So it's my new Final Battle since I've gotten to the end enough times. Got close a few times but no cigar today. I'll get back to it one of these days.

Yeah this will be my new Valinor at some point.

#12117 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The glass was on LOL. This game flows incredible, I can see 3-4B games coming without much effort. It feels essy compared to something like Alien, Black Knight SOR, Jurassic Park, etc. but the difficulty is just about right. This game reminds me a lot of my old Godzilla LE, but I prefer the theme about 100 times more! The audio does sound muddy, even after adjusting the game volume settings, so I’ll probably order a Pinwoofer kit or other set of better speakers to clear up the sound. I was playing with the jukebox mod with the light shows…so cool. This game is going to be a hit during parties

FYI...I'm a big Pinwoofer fan and have them on all my music pins. That said, from my perspective, the FF audio muddiness doesn't appear to be a speaker/amp problem. I think it might be more fundamental (the encoding or resolution of the audio bits). My KISS, MET, and AC/DC all sound 10x better than FF. Considering FF audio engineering is more recent, that was a surprise. I don't listen to FF outside the game, so I guess it's possible their recording aren't well engineered, but I doubt it. In any event, would love to have clearer audio...thanks for bringing it up (and enjoy your game).

#12118 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

FYI...I'm a big Pinwoofer fan and have them on all my music pins. That said, from my perspective, the FF audio muddiness doesn't appear to be a speaker/amp problem. I think it might be more fundamental (the encoding or resolution of the audio bits). My KISS, MET, and AC/DC all sound 10x better than FF. Considering FF audio engineering is more recent, that was a surprise. I don't listen to FF outside the game, so I guess it's possible their recording aren't well engineered, but I doubt it. In any event, would love to have clearer audio...thanks for bringing it up (and enjoy your game).

Yes, I noticed this. When I listen to Foo on the radio or airpods, it's just a strange mix and recording sound. Especially the drums, very odd sound.

#12119 4 months ago

Finally got our Prem setup this week. I guess we were fortunate that we started on 1.0 code (except for some plays on location).

Technically this is my wife’s pin - a birthday gift after she couldn’t stop talking about one she played at the Seattle pinball museum - but I’ll be damned if FF isn’t becoming my favorite pin. The game flows better than any I’ve played; even better than my JP, and better than any Godzilla or Jaws I’ve played on location. I started hitting combos effortlessly on my third game that made me feel like a pro tournament player.

The callouts are awesome, especially for a new player, as I never feel lost. And the code is so well done I feel like there’s a smorgasbord of activities to pursue and discover.

I’m not a FF fan (apparently my wife is), yet the original Saturday morning cartoon theme and their music is growing on me. This pin is damn addicting. Kudos to Jack, RayDay, and the team for crafting one hell of a gem.

Quoted from snaroff:

I have PinWoofer installed and the music and sound effects sound clear. Some of the callouts, primarily the DJ, comes across as a little muddled (DJ might be intentional to make him sound like he’s on a ‘90s radio?)

Make sure the in game EQ is off if PinWoofer is installed. For reference, I started with PinWoofer’s recommended amp and in game audio settings in their FF blog post, then reduced the amp treble to between the 12 o’clock and 1 o’clock position, set the in game volume to 20 and raised the amp volume slightly.

#12120 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yeah, I have Pinwoofer GT on some of my music pins as well and I’m sure better quality speakers alone will do wonders. Not much we can do about the music recording fidelity in the game, but I’m not complaining. Iron Maiden LE with Pinwoofer is probably my best sounding music pin. Rush LE is one game I didn’t upgrade the audio on, it sounds fantastic out of the box! Cannot wait to get this Foo LE modded to the max and dialed in. The foil cabinet decals were also a nice surprise. They resemble the foil decals on Maiden LE.

#12121 4 months ago

Expression lights are in! Looks amazing!

IMG_2031 (resized).jpegIMG_2031 (resized).jpeg
#12122 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think think the amp/speakers are 90% of the problem.........mine sounds great after changing out the cabinet and backbox speakers, and running a seperate amp.....essentially the same as pinwoofer setup but done DIY for a fraction of the price. Heck, almost everyone who comes over thinks I'm playing the music on my stereo system and can't beleive its coming from the pin. Although another part of the problem is that the Foo's sound mix varies so much across all their albums. Some songs like I'll stick around and even my hero, those albums just had a really dry sounding mix versus Holding Poison which is mixed with a lot more punchy sound. Not the most ideal to come up with just one EQ setting that will sound great when playing across all the albums. But for me right now, my biggest gripe is the music volume drops during callouts. I wish they would add a setting to keep the music volume constant. Earlier code was bearable, but now with all the almost not stop callouts, the volume rollercoaster is really getting annoying. I don't mind the volume drops during the overlord ball locks, or when starting a mode, but cant stand it when it's dropping the music volume during each and every target hit or spinner callout.

#12123 4 months ago
Quoted from drum412:

I think think the amp/speakers are 90% of the problem.........mine sounds great after changing out the cabinet and backbox speakers, and running a seperate amp.....essentially the same as pinwoofer setup but done DIY for a fraction of the price. Heck, almost everyone who comes over thinks I'm playing the music on my stereo system and can't beleive its coming from the pin. Although another part of the problem is that the Foo's sound mix varies so much across all their albums. Some songs like I'll stick around and even my hero, those albums just had a really dry sounding mix versus Holding Poison which is mixed with a lot more punchy sound. Not the most ideal to come up with just one EQ setting that will sound great when playing across all the albums. But for me right now, my biggest gripe is the music volume drops during callouts. I wish they would add a setting to keep the music volume constant. Earlier code was bearable, but now with all the almost not stop callouts, the volume rollercoaster is really getting annoying. I don't mind the volume drops during the overlord ball locks, or when starting a mode, but cant stand it when it's dropping the music volume during each and every target hit or spinner callout.

Maybe, but sometimes better speakers/amps can make "meh" recordings sound even more "meh" I agree the music volume fluctuations don't help.

I think KISS (Gene/Paul, that is) were really into the pin and it sounds like the song mixes were done specially for the pin. Many of the tracks are noticeably different from the original recordings. All I know is the fidelity of my KISS Premium is incredible with the PinWoofer setup (and it's the generation 1 system IIRC).

#12124 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think KISS (Gene/Paul, that is) were really into the pin and it sounds like the song mixes were done specially for the pin. Many of the tracks are noticeably different from the original recordings. All I know is the fidelity of my KISS Premium is incredible with the PinWoofer setup (and it's the generation 1 system IIRC).

That’s because Kiss doesn’t use the original recordings; it uses the 2009 re-recordings KISS did for exactly that purpose (ads, guitar hero, movies, pinball machines etc)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigoku-Retsuden

Tons of “legacy acts” were doing the same around the same time, and artists like taylor swift still do it these days to “reclaim” their recordings, and most importantly, the usage rights.

#12125 4 months ago
Quoted from drum412:

How much is a fraction of the cost ? just curious

#12126 4 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, I noticed this. When I listen to Foo on the radio or airpods, it's just a strange mix and recording sound. Especially the drums, very odd sound.

Fingers crossed Bob and Jerry get the opportunity to fine tune the audio mix.

So far the audio comes across reasonable, it would be great if the guys could make it exceptional.

#12127 4 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Me too. A write up for dummies would be great

#12128 4 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I spent roughly around $150 total for amp, speakers and making up my own custom wiring adapters. Not bashing pinwoofer by any means though, I think it's perfect for those who want a plug and play system where the whole package is well matched along with custom cable adaptors, and well worth the money for many. Downside of the DIY route, is figuring and troubleshooting any issues you may run into, and if your not knowledgeable enough, you could potentially damage your machine. My buddy has the pinwoofer setup and they sound great, just not necessarily any better nor worse than what i ended up with. I've got 4 Spike2 pins, and did 4 different combinations of speaker setups cause I liked to try different things. Lots of info in the DIY audio thread on pinside. And if you want to dig around for awesome options for speakers you can check around general audiophile forums or autosound forums like on reddit and whatnot.

#12129 4 months ago

I misread. My CT is not as high as I thought. I’ve been in a session and had one game with only DC, TFB and 2 band combos left. Had that new extra ball but not sure how I got it. Huge, huge fun. Anyway, how is everyone scoring in CT? I’ve had quite a few steep combos and was getting up to the JP(upper loop target) but can’t get anything going scoring wise. Started after NY once and Sea the another and the both builds were decent . I thought the one went really well but ended up with peanuts

#12130 4 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I misread. My CT is not as high as I thought. I’ve been in a session and had one game with only DC, TFB and 2 band combos left. Had that new extra ball but not sure how I got it. Huge, huge fun. Anyway, how is everyone scoring in CT? I’ve had quite a few steep combos and was getting up to the JP(upper loop target) but can’t get anything going scoring wise. Started after NY once and Sea the another and the both builds were decent . I thought the one went really well but ended up with peanuts

Yesterday I got a new high score in CT, it is 24 mil. Not sure if it's good or just good for me.

#12131 4 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

In legit play I’ve yet to break 1M because hitting the combos is difficult [for me] and if I start CT it’s usually with some pretty low-scoring combos beforehand, plus I’ve yet to hit a super jackpot.

In one glass-off, not logged in game where I manually racked up all-red combos and then played CT with the flippers, I got 15M and that was *still* without hitting the super jackpot.

I’ve no doubt the points are there for the taking if you’re skilled, but so far CT hasn’t been lucrative for me.

#12132 4 months ago

Installing Expression Lights on Foo Premium. Never installed these before. When it gets to step 3.2.4 (plug in cables), it mentions plugging in a power cable (already included in the harness). We don’t have a power cable in the harness? Possible we were missing from original purchase? If not, where could it be?

#12133 4 months ago

Why is Nothing at all, not in the DJ Mixer ? Loving tbe new code!!!

#12134 4 months ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Why is Nothing at all, not in the DJ Mixer ? Loving tbe new code!!!

Love how crisp it sounds on the pinwoofer setup.

#12135 4 months ago

Pinwoofer really elevates Sterns, but just installed in Elton John and not hearing better results yet, maybe it was getting late last night, may need to make more adjustments

#12136 4 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yesterday I got a new high score in CT, it is 24 mil. Not sure if it's good or just good for me.

That’s right where I’m at. I’m guessing we’re to follow the same color shots until another color lights up? Then whenever red shows up start hitting those until you’ve hit enough to light the OL for SJP?

#12137 4 months ago

ok, i know its been posted but I am on my last ball and start combotron ready is all over the screen. how do i start it internet? please and thanks.

#12138 4 months ago

Left side ramp, Taylor ramp where lit Combotron playfield is, hit side ramp with right upper flipper.

#12139 4 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Left side ramp, Taylor ramp where lit Combotron playfield is, hit side ramp with right upper flipper.

Sweeet! thank you!

#12140 4 months ago

Decided to try neon with my FF sign for the game room. Guy on ETSY makes these and can do any design. Probably should have lit up "PINBALL" in white in hindsight.

6AE56A0D-85BB-454D-821E-644757440E69 (resized).jpeg6AE56A0D-85BB-454D-821E-644757440E69 (resized).jpegC134BBD4-334A-49B5-9966-06E090B9F995 (resized).jpegC134BBD4-334A-49B5-9966-06E090B9F995 (resized).jpeg

#12141 4 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sweeet! thank you!

Damn, combotron MB is awesome! beat my previous GC

#12142 4 months ago

800 million on ball one then two crappy balls.. ugh!!

IMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpeg
#12143 4 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I haven't always looked, but highest I've noticed was 9.2 mil for combotron MB.

#12144 4 months ago
Quoted from SusanL:

Installing Expression Lights on Foo Premium. Never installed these before. When it gets to step 3.2.4 (plug in cables), it mentions plugging in a power cable (already included in the harness). We don’t have a power cable in the harness? Possible we were missing from original purchase? If not, where could it be?

This video is very helpful. No issues installing mine.

#12145 4 months ago

"Sweet Ass Fuckin' Combo"

#12146 4 months ago

This video is very helpful. No issues installing mine.

Thanks. We watched that video. The issue is there is no plug inside our premium machine to plug into the spot on the top right in this photo. My understanding is it should have been pre-existing inside the machine. Possible stern manufactured wrong?

IMG_5558 (resized).jpegIMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
#12147 4 months ago
Quoted from SusanL:

Thanks. We watched that video. The issue is there is no plug inside our premium machine to plug into the spot on the top right in this photo. My understanding is it should have been pre-existing inside the machine. Possible stern manufactured wrong?
[quoted image]

That’s odd and I would double check along the cabling along the cabinet wall. It may be farther down the cabling towards the coin door (mine wasn’t in the exact spot I expected but was close to where I installed the new PCB boards). Make sure it’s not hidden within the cabling too. There’s a lot of wiring zip tied together.

#12148 4 months ago

That’s odd and I would double check along the cabling along the cabinet wall. It may be farther down the cabling towards the coin door (mine wasn’t in the exact spot I expected but was close to where I installed the new PCB boards). Make sure it’s not hidden within the cabling too. There’s a lot of wiring zip tied together.

We checked and double checked and triple checked. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a possibility it is inside the machine someplace. Thanks again.

#12150 4 months ago

This game is so frustrating- every game I play ends at about 90 million. How do I score more? Or what shots do I avoid? Every time I start a mode I immediately drain. Or are there other ways to make this game easier

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

11,700 (Firm)
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Port Charlotte, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

8,999 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
State College, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 283.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.