PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 267.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

But that's just it, with the super lube, the ball will go through easier and with less resistance, and may have the energy to get through and around, also the higher grade pitch angle will generally give more return flow shot energy again helping with not stopping short in the spinner area

The spinner on FF already has zero resistance. It is the smoothest optical spinner I have ever seen. Definitely don't need any super lube on it otherwise you may never get the damn thing to stop.

#1102 1 year ago
Quoted from Artax:

The spinner on FF already has zero resistance. It is the smoothest optical spinner I have ever seen. Definitely don't need any super lube on it otherwise you may never get the damn thing to stop.

Yeah, just trying to help the OP, but he said he doesn't want any more help now

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from Artax:

Picked up my pro yesterday. Mirror blades are nice. Added a shaker right off the bat and put on some new rubbers on the flippers. Still getting used to some of the more difficult shots.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Foo Fighters has the most generous Pro goodie bag I can remember. TONS of Keyfobs and an alternate "flip the bird" glove for your overlord over the captive area if you want to replace the stock one. Yeah, we're paying literally 2x what we were for these pinball machines about 15 years ago, but it's nice to see a little giveback in unexpected places.

Here's what's in the Pro goodie bag (the protective plastics are still on, so some look crappier than they will when it's off):
Foo Goodie Bag - Pro (resized).jpgFoo Goodie Bag - Pro (resized).jpg

For comparison, the anemic Bond goodie bag:

Bond Goodie Bag (resized).JPGBond Goodie Bag (resized).JPG
#1104 1 year ago

The left ramp plastic is really thick. Too thick to add the plastic guard from Marco and not worry about the bottom nuts vibrating off. I got it on, but I hate the blue and am a little concerned about the fit.

Notice how much thicker the stock one is than the one just to the left on the other side of the curve. Right ramp plastic is also the thicker style

16818779322262205611609761733715 (resized).jpg16818779322262205611609761733715 (resized).jpg16818780240332491464104721980861 (resized).jpg16818780240332491464104721980861 (resized).jpg
#1105 1 year ago

Dave shooters #1 and 2 are ready to go!

We made some tweaks to the prototype sculpt and improved it a little. I’m happy enough with it to offer them for sale.

I’ll be making a marketplace ad for them, $100 shipped in the continental US. If you live overseas just PM me and we can work something out. If you want to be put on a waitlist for a shooter rod just PM me, once I get 5 people on the list I’ll start making these in 5 rod batches.FF9008FF-5787-4CE1-8754-DE007A89D596 (resized).jpegFF9008FF-5787-4CE1-8754-DE007A89D596 (resized).jpegD2CDEECB-7C1F-483E-B5F3-D5DD809AE130 (resized).jpegD2CDEECB-7C1F-483E-B5F3-D5DD809AE130 (resized).jpeg00207962-48B1-4D1F-BC57-6791B84E4653 (resized).jpeg00207962-48B1-4D1F-BC57-6791B84E4653 (resized).jpeg

#1106 1 year ago

Does anyone have issues with the super spinner near getting out of the bracket ? My brother's machine keeps getting out every few games...

The metal bracket holding the spinner is not on level, slightly off. Any tips on easy fix ?

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Does anyone have issues with the super spinner near getting out of the bracket ? My brother's machine keeps getting out every few games...
The metal bracket holding the spinner is not on level, slightly off. Any tips on easy fix ?

Bend the bracket carefully with needle nose pliers so the arm is just a bit closer.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bend the bracket carefully with needle nose pliers so the arm is just a bit closer.

Bent it from the top of the bracket ? To get it more level ?

#1109 1 year ago

Bent it from the top of the bracket ? To get it more level ?

Top or side, depending on the issue with his. Sounds like bending the top down (which will move the outside arm a bit closer) is more appropriate for his.

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Top or side, depending on the issue with his. Sounds like bending the top down (which will move the outside arm a bit closer) is more appropriate for his.

Should I remove the spinner first to prevent breaking it ?

#1111 1 year ago

Should I remove the spinner first to prevent breaking it ?

You shouldn't be moving it much. I didn't when I did this on Bond.

#1112 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Foo Fighters has the most generous Pro goodie bag I can remember. TONS of Keyfobs and an alternate "flip the bird" glove for your overlord over the captive area if you want to replace the stock one. Yeah, we're paying literally 2x what we were for these pinball machines about 15 years ago, but it's nice to see a little giveback in unexpected places.
Here's what's in the Pro goodie bag (the protective plastics are still on, so some look crappier than they will when it's off):
[quoted image]

I have no idea how these things are made and I'm just completely making this up, but I suspect the plastics and decals are both printed in one large sheet and then cut. On games where there's extra room, you get extras. can usually fit at least a key chain. And this is also why they have always sold plastic in full sets.
If that hypothesis is true, then a bigger goodie bag just means your game is more barren...."Foo fighters has less plastic on the playfield than any game I can remember". I'm not saying it would be a bad thing, but don't just assume Gary filled up your bag out of goodness of your heart. These guys cut any code they can..

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Love the as seen on Dead flip. I was curious how to get one of those. Cool.

#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The left ramp plastic is really thick. Too thick to add the plastic guard from Marco and not worry about the bottom nuts vibrating off. I got it on, but I hate the blue and am a little concerned about the fit.
Notice how much thicker the stock one is than the one just to the left on the other side of the curve. Right ramp plastic is also the thicker style
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that an LE machine? This is a huge post as it shows Stern has fixed the broken plastic issue going forward. Thanks for the images. I have a back up pair from ULEK for my premium coming just in case

#1115 1 year ago

The LE goodie bag is a TON of target decals and a bunch of keychains. Couple post rubbers as well in case the outlanes are too mean for my kids.

20230419_085035 (resized).jpg20230419_085035 (resized).jpg
#1116 1 year ago

LE is coming tomorrow. What I do is get tracking from Zach and call my local hub to schedule even though they don’t have it yet. If I wait for them to call it would be Friday or Monday. I’ll do an unboxing video and try to have up tomorrow night.

#1117 1 year ago

Good deal, glad they addressed this so quickly. Helps explain some of the delay, I'd guess.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

#1118 1 year ago

The LE goodie bag is a TON of target decals and a bunch of keychains. Couple post rubbers as well in case the outlanes are too mean for my kids. [quoted image]

For the kids? You haven't seen my horrible playing!

#1119 1 year ago

The LE looks Glorious!
What a beaut!

Congrats on #226.

Great to hear the plastic is now thicker over the ramp, good on Stern as that was fast.

#1120 1 year ago

20K by Christmas

So it looks like they did hold them up for the plastic fix

#1121 1 year ago
#1122 1 year ago

It will be interesting to see if any of the new album winds up in the game. Why would you not want the new single selectable at ball start?

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

It will be interesting to see if any of the new album winds up in the game. Why would you not want the new single selectable at ball start?

ohhhhh...good thought

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Based on the theme of this game I feel like "Rescued" is pretty perfect for the final wizard mode

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from Artax:

Picked up my pro yesterday. Mirror blades are nice. Added a shaker right off the bat and put on some new rubbers on the flippers. Still getting used to some of the more difficult shots.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the flip-em-off plastic? Need to put that on mine!

Nevermind... saw others mention goodie bag which was missing from mine...
Keith

#1126 1 year ago

Just got the message.. my LE is on its way!

#1127 1 year ago

Is a Shaker worth it? under which circumstances is it starting to shake?

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

I always have one on my games. Can’t speak to the foo yet though.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just got the message.. my LE is on its way!

Good news buddy!! Still haven’t got mine .

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

I'm curious about this too. Some games seems super awesome. Some seem confusingly used. I took the shaker from my Deadpool and put it in godzilla. Far better used in that.

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

I have a shaker on mine. It shakes when the Overlord captures the ball, during a ball save, etc. It’s cool, I’m assuming there will be more integration as the code progresses.

#1132 1 year ago

Looks like there is a delay .They got some LEs out but sounds like they’re hoping to continue to ship next week now for whatever reason .Oh well , back to torturing GZ

#1133 1 year ago

I installed a shaker. Kids say it’s way more fun with it. It’s definitely not overbearing but it’s there when you’d expect it

#1134 1 year ago

Shaker is must-have at our houses. Even Bond is cool with the shaker.

#1135 1 year ago

I've never gotten a shaker to work on any of my machines without rattling and making a ton of noise. The only time anybody complained about noise from my basement was when the shaker in Mando was running. I've adjusted the arm, put on felt tape to keep the glass from shaking. No luck. I may try again with FF though.

#1136 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Shaker is must-have at our houses. Even Bond is cool with the shaker.

Love me some shaking. First mod for every machine.

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

I put a shaker on all my games and i would say right now it's not really worthing but pretty sure in the future they will add more shaker effects.

#1138 1 year ago

Very VERY Excited to see LE's making their way out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Foo Fighters has the most generous Pro goodie bag I can remember. TONS of Keyfobs and an alternate "flip the bird" glove for your overlord over the captive area if you want to replace the stock one

I went to a jewelry store with my wife today to get a jump on Mother’s Day and her birthday, and I saw these for $45. They’re life-sized. For a few seconds I thought “the green one would be fun to use as a temporary topper for FF”, but nah. Lol.

C36CF9DF-EB73-4200-B093-8C61D8679719 (resized).jpegC36CF9DF-EB73-4200-B093-8C61D8679719 (resized).jpeg
#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I have no idea how these things are made and I'm just completely making this up, but I suspect the plastics and decals are both printed in one large sheet and then cut. On games where there's extra room, you get extras. can usually fit at least a key chain. And this is also why they have always sold plastic in full sets.
If that hypothesis is true, then a bigger goodie bag just means your game is more barren...."Foo fighters has less plastic on the playfield than any game I can remember". I'm not saying it would be a bad thing, but don't just assume Gary filled up your bag out of goodness of your heart. These guys cut any code they can..

That's exactly how they do it. But there have been plenty of pins with a limited plastic set and almost nothing in the goodie bag.

#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I went to a jewelry store with my wife today to get a jump on Mother’s Day and her birthday, and I saw these for $45. They’re life-sized. For a few seconds I thought “the green one would be fun to use as a temporary topper for FF”, but nah. Lol.
[quoted image]

Your Wife is gonna be P Od when she opens that box.

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

so what message is this gift sending wifey lol

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

It usually adds a lot, but honestly in my opinion as it sits today the shaker integration isn't really impressing me much. I'm assuming they've focused on content for now and plan to add sexy shakes closer to 1.0

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I feel like you need an "As Seen On Pinside" decal also.

(My LE is on the way, enjoying the Pro for now)

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks like there is a delay .They got some LEs out but sounds like they’re hoping to continue to ship next week now for whatever reason .Oh well , back to torturing GZ

Sounds distributor-specific. Anyone else have their LE get pushed off?

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from Herkbubba:

Yep, 16x24. Looks decent enough to me. Would love to have an original but it is what it is.
They also have this one
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1403702221/foo-fighters-2018-poster-home-decor

Just wanted to chime in and give the poster linked to above two thumbs up. That one came in looking like a very good reproduction. I tried ordering one of the Albuquerque ones from a different website and it was quite blurry which was a bummer.

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oh whatever, Jack. You probably haven't even PLAYED the game.

#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

I put one in mine straight away, so I can't talk about the difference; but I can tell you that it is shaking and rumbling very frequently. I would say very much worth it.

#1149 1 year ago

Straight out of the box, voodoo glass (our your preferred brand) the next day was shaker motor and blades lol.

#1150 1 year ago

Settings question: What does "Van Shots Spotted" mean in the menu? I think it is defaulted to the max of 5. Does lowering the number of spotted shots make it more difficult to get into the Van Modes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/23?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.