PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 267.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Ha! Fantastic review. Thank you. Especially appreciate the line about the kids. I have a bet going with my wife about that. I need them to make it a week. Now I feel I may have stretched seeing your number. I am putting up a screen with iscored I think, so I can maybe try and boost some engagement with competition. My fear is how fast it is and how long the modes are. Not sure they are going to love it if they can’t get some good longer play throughs. We’ll see.
I am a bit worried about hating the music after this. Huge fan, but was already getting a bit played out after going to their last 6 concerts or so and hearing the same 10 songs for the most part… most which are also on this pin.
Interesting to hear it is dark. I’ll have to look into that when I get mine.
Thanks again.

The key to modes is upgrading the van. If you upgrade the van a bit (especially the bomb) you can complete modes quickly. I’ve completed my first mode in three shots before. First mode spots you shots at the start anyway, less shots are spotted as you go along.

#902 1 year ago

Still processing.
Committed to a premium waiting

But parameters have really shifted.

I am genuinely on the fence trying to figure this out.
The possibilities atm seem more on the pro…

Granted expression lights EL are Prem/LE
But also a guaranteed future added expense of around $800CAD

Quoted from manadams:

Still no upper playfield or expression lighting even if this dead post mod is not squashed by Stern eventually. Sounds like your mind is already made up though.

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Still processing.
Committed to a premium waiting
But parameters have really shifted.
I am genuinely on the fence trying to figure this out.
The possibilities atm seem more on the pro…
Granted expression lights EL are Prem/LE
But also a guaranteed future added expense of around $800CAD

Kinda depends on how long you plan on keeping the game. I bought Rush, put 1500 games on it, and sold it before expression lighting was ever released.

I also kinda think expression lighting isn't as essential on this one because it's not a "concert" pin. The adventure theme keeps it closer to Iron Maiden, and I play the crap out of that game without expression lighting.

#904 1 year ago

As it is currently looking,
The Pro will have a better, more upgraded deadpost; with 9 rule sets, and can even be set to be triggered by the action button any time.
Really f’ing cool mod.

I’m with you and agree 100% with your great reply. Thank you. I can’t stop playing my IMDN either!

Quoted from onemilemore:

Kinda depends on how long you plan on keeping the game.
I also kinda think expression lighting isn't as essential on this one because it's not a "concert" pin. The adventure theme keeps it closer to Iron Maiden, and I play the crap out of that game without expression lighting.

#905 1 year ago

Anyone have expression lights AND pinstadiums both or are pinstadiums not needs with those?

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The Premium is $2700 more than the pro. So, is it worth $1200-1700 to you to get the upper playfield, the option to include expression lighting and the original factory sculpts? That's your question.

Here’s a concise but complete list of Premium adders (sorry if this was posted already):

Ability to add Expression Lighting System
“Overdrive" outlane ball save features "The Deadpost”
Alien abduction feature with electro-magnet hidden beneath the "Overlord Arena"
“Area 51" upper playfield with custom vac-form building featuring:
- flipper
- 2 loops
- Area 51 spinning target
- 3 stand-up targets
- diverter
- hidden super jackpot target
Custom sculpted "Overlord" interactive toy
Custom sculpted "Foo Fighters Tour Van" with bomb flasher
Powder-coated steel bottom arch
Action figure theme for cab and translite
- this may be a “subtract” for some

Source: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Foo-Fighters-Pinball-Feature-Matrix-compressed.pdf

For me it’s all about “total cost of ownership” and “opportunity cost”. I’m sure I can find a better place to park $2700, but I also know I’ll get some of that $2700 back on resale. At least, that’s how I explain these things to my wife. She likes her heated leather seats, and I like my upper playfield and DeadPost. Same thing, basically.

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone have expression lights AND pinstadiums both or are pinstadiums not needs with those?

giphy (3).gifgiphy (3).gif
#908 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I want my LE! Hurry up dang it!

So you're the One ?

#909 1 year ago

FYI: I just launched my Foo Fighters speaker magnets: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155538

Please PM if interested in purchasing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngIMG_6137 (resized).JPGIMG_6137 (resized).JPGIMG_6138 (resized).JPGIMG_6138 (resized).JPG
#910 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I have Pin Stadiums on all of my games except for Rush and Led Zeppelin, which have the expression lighting. I am an old retired guy with crappy eyesight, particularly when the game goes dark. Some may think otherwise, but that is my opinion.

Cheers!

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

As it is currently looking,
The Pro will have a better, more upgraded deadpost; with 9 rule sets, and can even be set to be triggered by the action button any time.
Really f’ing cool mod.

“Better” is debatable. If you look at my latest question and the responses in that thread, I think there’s some potential oddities with how the mod + pro code works vs. how things will work in the premium. I don’t think they will ever match up 100% in terms of game rules.

The different ways in which the post can be earned / used are just different deviations from standard game rules. This could be considered “better” or “worse” depending on the player.

Personally I don’t think I’d like any situation where the mod functionality would make it easier than the functionality on the premium, and I think that’s likely any/all cases of the mod if you always get a ball save even if you fail at the post save. (The case where I would maybe change my mind on that is if there are a fair amount of instances where as the player I have the left flipper held up but the post fails to save the ball one way or another). But it’s a subjective thing much like outlane posts, difficulty settings, 5 balls vs 3, etc.

#912 1 year ago

Translucents and glows do brighten it up…

41708D52-622D-4EBA-9B60-DBCDC142FE80 (resized).jpeg41708D52-622D-4EBA-9B60-DBCDC142FE80 (resized).jpeg769ACE0C-B845-469D-930A-3C69D9136B2B (resized).jpeg769ACE0C-B845-469D-930A-3C69D9136B2B (resized).jpeg7A2AA3DE-7717-4A5B-A714-499553658F07 (resized).jpeg7A2AA3DE-7717-4A5B-A714-499553658F07 (resized).jpegA928AE5A-CD54-483A-8D94-ABA230645F6B (resized).jpegA928AE5A-CD54-483A-8D94-ABA230645F6B (resized).jpegAF9F7BC9-CE66-4115-87DF-A897740954F7 (resized).jpegAF9F7BC9-CE66-4115-87DF-A897740954F7 (resized).jpeg
#913 1 year ago

I have a favor to ask... can anyone get a picture of the connector for the Area 51 flasher on a pro? Mine seems to have stopped working and it's probably because I did something stupid when trying to use it as a trigger for Pinstadiums (it was working prior to that). However the wire colors on either side of the connector are different colors, and I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way (like I somehow managed to plug it into some random unused connector?).

#914 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Translucents and glows do brighten it up…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for these pics

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a favor to ask... can anyone get a picture of the connector for the Area 51 flasher on a pro? Mine seems to have stopped working and it's probably because I did something stupid when trying to use it as a trigger for Pinstadiums (it was working prior to that). However the wire colors on either side of the connector are different colors, and I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way (like I somehow managed to plug it into some random unused connector?).

FF-Area-51-flasher-connector (resized).jpgFF-Area-51-flasher-connector (resized).jpg

If you got the connector right when you put it back, but it's not working, you may have blown up the transistor on the Node board when you plugged it into the pinstadiums. Do you have a multimeter?

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]
If you got the connector right when you put it back, but it's not working, you may have blown up the transistor on the Node board when you plugged it into the pinstadiums. Do you have a multimeter?

Thanks the wiring is the same as mine, so I must have messed it up. Never had a problem with pinstadiums since Scott started using the t-connector style instead of the alligator clips for flashers.

Thanks very much for the quick response and the photo!

#917 1 year ago

Mine stopped working when I connected them too . I took them off and it worked fine .

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

This could be considered “better” or “worse”

But never official. You (figuratively) can cheap out as much as you want but in the back of your mind, and install a lag bolt in your pine for the ball to bounce off but your score will never be comparable to the official version of the machine but that is coming from a child of the 80’s where street cred involved, competition and success was digital tagging your initials at the local arcade.

#919 1 year ago

too much pro vs premium arguing, crikey. you knew somone was gonna make that post, kudos to them. seems like the post was what most pro guys were missing so this sounds like a great option. I like the upper PF personally and I am looking forward to checking out the expression lighting, so I am good with my inbound LE.

#920 1 year ago

Other than JP, I think this is the most loaded Pro Stern has ever released. And that’s coming from a Premium buyer.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Other than JP, I think this is the most loaded Pro Stern has ever released. And that’s coming from a Premium buyer.

Here Here
Spot on!

#922 1 year ago

Finally joined the club today

FB344EF9-D34F-4CAB-8F55-CA76D06BE5C6 (resized).jpegFB344EF9-D34F-4CAB-8F55-CA76D06BE5C6 (resized).jpeg17AE7F46-AEA8-4B38-8CBC-5B89B12F105C (resized).jpeg17AE7F46-AEA8-4B38-8CBC-5B89B12F105C (resized).jpegFB71E9D8-E88F-41A0-9DB7-99326C8F1044 (resized).jpegFB71E9D8-E88F-41A0-9DB7-99326C8F1044 (resized).jpeg
#923 1 year ago

Everything about that gameroom is awesome.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Everything about that gameroom is awesome.

lol thanks. The corner you can’t see has a couple 1up games, and a tv, and some chairs for the kids Nintendo switch, and stuff like that. Entrance is old playfields I’ve swapped, or going to swap next. (Except TNA, it’s just wall art lol)

02DC34C8-8397-4E51-A672-B15D489B06C8 (resized).jpeg02DC34C8-8397-4E51-A672-B15D489B06C8 (resized).jpeg
#925 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

lol thanks. The corner you can’t see has a couple 1up games, and a tv, and some chairs for the kids Nintendo switch, and stuff like that. Entrance is old playfields I’ve swapped, or going to swap next. (Except TNA, it’s just wall art lol)
[quoted image]

Haha, all you're missing is a 80-inch TV set into the wall like a window with a loop of a roller rink playing on it so it looks like you're in the game room of an 80s roller rink.

#926 1 year ago

Here’s prototype #1 of a new shooter rod I may be producing if there is enough interest. These are 3D printed, epoxied on a blank Stern compatible shooter rod, sanded, primed, hand painted and then cleared.

1E60E793-DE57-4653-9532-1C01D323F5B0 (resized).jpeg1E60E793-DE57-4653-9532-1C01D323F5B0 (resized).jpegB2BABEFD-A7F1-4302-99BE-C2476252DB43 (resized).jpegB2BABEFD-A7F1-4302-99BE-C2476252DB43 (resized).jpeg
#927 1 year ago

Here’s prototype #1 of a new shooter rod I may be producing if there is enough interest. These are 3D printed, epoxied on a blank Stern compatible shooter rod, sanded, primed, hand painted and then cleared.[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely in.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Finally joined the club today
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your choice in carpet Your gameroom really looks badass! (I gotta get my blacklights in place for sure )

ARCADEBUNKER2 (resized).jpgARCADEBUNKER2 (resized).jpg
#929 1 year ago

Here’s prototype #1 of a new shooter rod I may be producing if there is enough interest. These are 3D printed, epoxied on a blank Stern compatible shooter rod, sanded, primed, hand painted and then cleared.[quoted image][quoted image]

NOW THAT IS SUPER PRO

#930 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

I am putting up a screen with iscored I think, so I can maybe try and boost some engagement with competition. My fear is how fast it is and how long the modes are. Not sure they are going to love it if they can’t get some good longer play throughs. We’ll see.
Thanks again.

Have you tried iScored? It seems really really cool for engagement for guests that don't have hope cracking the pin's high scores. Wonder how it actually does in real life

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Have you tried iScored? It seems really really cool for engagement for guests that don't have hope cracking the pin's high scores. Wonder how it actually does in real life

I have not yet. But I talked to the developer and he is a really cool guy and is constantly working on it. The QR feature is pretty great and I can use it for board games and other stuff too.

For the price, it’s worth checking out either way I figure.

#932 1 year ago

Tri-Bot Sample arrived today and looks nice, though needs a few tweaks and want to work out adding led inside behind the front face.

A4894060-47E0-4F1D-950C-6FC43FFDA997_1_105_c (resized).jpegA4894060-47E0-4F1D-950C-6FC43FFDA997_1_105_c (resized).jpegD0F0B087-59AE-4D76-8593-B8B701796D6F_1_105_c (resized).jpegD0F0B087-59AE-4D76-8593-B8B701796D6F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#933 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I like your choice in carpet Your gameroom really looks badass! (I gotta get my blacklights in place for sure )[quoted image]

lol I ended up just doing the rug because it covered 90% of the room. For black lights I did a 36watt in the ceiling at each end, and then a 24watt under each machine.

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

lol I ended up just doing the rug because it covered 90% of the room. For black lights I did a 36watt in the ceiling at each end, and then a 24watt under each machine.

Where did you get the rug?

#935 1 year ago

Have any of you first run premium buyers been given a delivery eta?

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Afaik not a single person in the US has gotten their LE yet, man! So a couple of weeks out on the first Prem deliveries.

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Afaik not a single person in the US has gotten their LE yet, man! So a couple of weeks out on the first Prem deliveries.

Any updated eta’s on domestic LE deliveries?

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I like your choice in carpet Your gameroom really looks badass! (I gotta get my blacklights in place for sure )[quoted image]

Strange question for you? What are the dimensions of the room? We are on process of designing a house and I want to make sure we build enough room.

#939 1 year ago

I’ve never purchased a topper before ,but if this one adds a lot of gameplay it will be hard to ignore .I really wish they would have just stuck with the flat plastic toppers with a couple lights for 1k so I can easily pass on them .

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Any updated eta’s on domestic LE deliveries?

Supposedly this week but paid in full for my LE over a month ago. It's cool seeing people get pro's in their homes or the first LE's being shipped overseas, just don't ask me for full payment if your priorities have changed on who gets games first.

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Supposedly this week but paid in full for my LE over a month ago. It's cool seeing people get pro's in their homes or the first LE's being shipped overseas, just don't ask me for full payment if your priorities have changed on who gets games first.

Priorities haven't changed. For the last while Stern has been shipping out Pros first, then LEs, then Premiums and more Pros. International has always been built before domestic as far as I can recall.

The good news is, even though the international are built first, the domestic will still arrive in homes first, in some cases by several weeks.

When you pay in full has more to do with your distrib than with Stern, unless you get one of the few LEs Stern sells directly.

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Strange question for you? What are the dimensions of the room? We are on process of designing a house and I want to make sure we build enough room.

PM'd you

#943 1 year ago

Thanks Bud.

#944 1 year ago
Quoted from noysboy:

Where did you get the rug?

Joy Carpets is who makes it if you want to do real carpet. But they have Joy Carpet rugs on Amazon. But they take like 6 weeks.

#945 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Joy Carpets is who makes it if you want to do real carpet. But they have Joy Carpet rugs on Amazon. But they take like 6 weeks.

We had Lowe's do the whole first floor carpet for us, and YES, it's the Joy carpets with the ovals seen in my pic above (and his rug). Granted it was a big investment (lot's of floor) at 6K, but actually was cheaper than most other standard carpets (at the time, it was about $3.80 sq/f). We had the better padding installed under it, so it's pretty cooshy (easy on the back). I will tell peeps to be careful about having pinball machines on 3 legs with my setup though; the machines can, and will fall with 3 legs with the padding..but being careful will prevent that..and with the furniture gliders on all of our machines, I can easily pull them around and change the lineup, if need be. Just thought I'd throw that out there, in case others wanted to do something similar. The only other choice in Lowe's Joy carpet selection was the 'big stars' pattern..it was a little too busy for our 100 yearold craftman home, lol.

#946 1 year ago

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Domestic LEs still aren't out yet, so you're probably looking at the very end of the month into May before the Premiums go.

#948 1 year ago

Three Foo Fighters bracket kits are done to color the various playfield inserts:

The Overlord/Austin/DC bracket. The Overlord insert is colored light green, and the Austin/DC inserts are given an alien beam blue/green coloring that tones in with the nearby art on the playfield:
overlord_bracket_before_after_sml (resized).jpgoverlord_bracket_before_after_sml (resized).jpg

Set of six probe bot and electricity bolt brackets that give the three clear/white bolt inserts an electric blue coloring and turns the four smoked inserts for the probe bot targets a light purple to match the coloring of the probes. The Probe Bot insert is also given a lighter lavender hue instead of straight white. Total of 8 inserts are colored with 6 brackets:
probenbolts_example_sml (resized).jpgprobenbolts_example_sml (resized).jpg

Rock-O-Meter is colored yellow/orange/red to match the playfield art:
Rock Meter_BeforeandAfter-sml (resized).jpgRock Meter_BeforeandAfter-sml (resized).jpg

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Three Foo Fighters bracket kits are done to color the various playfield inserts:
The Overlord/Austin/DC bracket. The Overlord insert is colored light green, and the Austin/DC inserts are given an alien beam blue/green coloring that tones in with the nearby art on the playfield:
[quoted image]
Set of six probe bot and electricity bolt brackets that give the three clear/white bolt inserts an electric blue coloring and turns the four smoked inserts for the probe bot targets a light purple to match the coloring of the probes. The Probe Bot insert is also given a lighter lavender hue instead of straight white. Total of 8 inserts are colored with 6 brackets:
[quoted image]
Rock-O-Meter is colored yellow/orange/red to match the playfield art:
[quoted image]

Any idea when the LE version will be ready to order?

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Any idea when the LE version will be ready to order?

EDIT: I just checked the manual for the Prem/LE and it looks like they lighting is the same for the Prem/LE for the items I've colored, so I marked them all Pro/Prem/LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 13,308 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/19?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.