pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2306 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1325 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1329 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 222.
#9551 86 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I looked for it, I can't find a leader board on the app

It’s not the easiest app to navigate. Did you find it?

#9552 86 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s not the easiest app to navigate. Did you find it?

I can't find leaderboards either?

#9553 86 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I can't find leaderboards either?

It's the second tab at the bottom (the ball), the second tab on top (Stern Events), scroll down to Foo Fighters Leaderboard.

#9554 86 days ago
Quoted from arnzzz:

It's the second tab at the bottom (the ball), the second tab on top (Stern Events), scroll down to Foo Fighters Leaderboard.

IFPA's website (http://www.ifpapinball.com) says that for the month of December, there are prizes for Foo Verified Location leaderboard scores:

- The top four IC VL leaderboard scores win
- Four players on the leaderboard chosen at random win

"Find the nearest Insider Connected Foo Fighters machine and test yourself on this special month-long Leaderboard from December 1st through the 31st.

Courtesy of the IFPA, the top (4) scores on the Verified Location Leaderboard will win prizes! The IFPA is also awarding prizes to (4) random players on the Global Leaderboard just for participating."

#9555 86 days ago

Has anyone made an overlord replacement for the pro? Also, is the premium van a direct replacement or do I need to go aftermarket?

I love this game, but those 50 cent McDonalds happy meal toys annoy the heck out of me. Kicking myself for not going premium because it wasn't a money issue; I just don't care for mini playfields that much tbh. For $7k, Stern should do better. Seriously, how much do they save in volume for a couple of 3d molds? Never again.....

#9556 86 days ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Has anyone made an overlord replacement for the pro? Also, is the premium van a direct replacement or do I need to go aftermarket?
I love this game, but those 50 cent McDonalds happy meal toys annoy the heck out of me. Kicking myself for not going premium because it wasn't a money issue; I just don't care for mini playfields that much tbh. For $7k, Stern should do better. Seriously, how much do they save in volume for a couple of 3d molds? Never again.....

Go into thr goodie bag and swap out the finger and it's instantly better than the premium mold!

20230721_185506 (resized).jpg20230721_185506 (resized).jpg
#9557 86 days ago

So the scoreboard is verified locations only then? (a good thing).... ok. interesting to see where my score ranks but also... Dang.. need to get to a location!

#9558 86 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Go into thr goodie bag and swap out the finger and it's instantly better than the premium mold![quoted image]

I have grandkids, so that is a no-go.

#9559 86 days ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

So the scoreboard is verified locations only then? (a good thing).... ok. interesting to see where my score ranks but also... Dang.. need to get to a location!

No, it's not. Maybe IFPA was assuming there was going to be both because that was the way they used to have them. As it stands now all I see is the global cheaterboard.

#9560 86 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Go into thr goodie bag and swap out the finger and it's instantly better than the premium mold![quoted image]

Found this on here for my pro.

IMG_4450 (resized).jpegIMG_4450 (resized).jpeg
#9561 86 days ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I determine what proper alignment is?

Everyone has the issue. I think it's just bad placement design. Flipper tip should align to the hole as posted. I was going to try adjusting it back further but the screw on the flipper is super tight. I need a longer allen wrench to get more torque on the flipper screw. Iron maiden is another game that has a right ramp fairly close in position and I can hit that at 100mph. Foo is the slowest ramp I know of off the top of my head. 100% perfect shot will roll up there super slow.

#9562 85 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Found this on here for my pro.
[quoted image]

May I ask where you found out that?

#9563 85 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Isn't that on the wrong side? lol

#9564 85 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Isn't that on the wrong side? lol

It's an alien. Maybe they have two left hands.

#9565 85 days ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Everyone has the issue. I think it's just bad placement design. Flipper tip should align to the hole as posted. I was going to try adjusting it back further but the screw on the flipper is super tight. I need a longer allen wrench to get more torque on the flipper screw. Iron maiden is another game that has a right ramp fairly close in position and I can hit that at 100mph. Foo is the slowest ramp I know of off the top of my head. 100% perfect shot will roll up there super slow.

I don't have that issue at all... my flippers came from the factory with the top of the plastic bat aligned with the whole versus the tip of the plastic... I figured... well I'm going to let this go even though all my other games align with the tip ...and it shoots perfect out of the box with Titan rubbers. I can Left Right combo the left and right ramps repeatedly especially when you get the lightning shots going... I don't know that right ramp has never been tough for me even on location..So maybe there was a tweak on the line that they did to slightly droop the flippers a little bit to hit those orbits better and ramps. If I hit my right ramp clean that ball is flying up that ramp super fast and around the upper playfield that if you blink you're going to miss it. I also have my playfield angle at 6.8° and I have pin monk fans on all the flippers with the default power settings.

I substitute the Titan shiny Chrome balls for the garbage factory ones before a balls played.
I also clean and wax my play fields thoroughly and I give it about three coats of Carnauba right from the factory before a ball flips to get that really really fast flow going. After the initial waxing I just do cleanups with Novus 1 and random waxing occasionally.

#9566 85 days ago

I have quite a bit of right ramps coming back. I tried things but it always threw something else off. The newer Stern layouts are made easier nowadays (Elwin said himself in the recent triple drain ) so I’m fine with it being a tough shot. I’m finding recently when I need to go for that ramp (or spinner) I will hit it hard as the slower shots that come back are killers. Hitting them hard seems to give a better chance of catching and settling it down. I really like this global leaderboard and completly get that needs to be verified for prizes, just blows as the location ones nearest me seem out of level amongst other things so I’m going to take a trip to Logan or Emperium (Chicago Area top spots)and give it a go. Had a nice game last night though . Played 6-7 games then watched a movie and came back to it. Only 5 mil on first ball. I looked and I’m at almost 45% scoring on ball 3. IC is getting better and better great job by Stern !

IMG_3828 (resized).jpegIMG_3828 (resized).jpeg

#9567 85 days ago

My bad, it seems to be ball by ball stats for the year on all IC connected games. Only 2022 stats are up.

IMG_3841 (resized).pngIMG_3841 (resized).png

#9568 85 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

May I ask where you found out that?

dpadam450 occasionally makes batches of these. If you search the thread you can find him. I got one from him and it really made my Pro look a lot better. I also noticed my scoring went way up after installing it, which I'm sure is related.

#9569 85 days ago

I will share this for all you to be able to laugh at my stupidity. I was playing and streaming this morning with a score of almost 2.3B and playing the last overlord multi-ball that would have lit Overlord. During that multi-ball a ball gets stuck. In my frustration of locating and trying to free without taking the glass off, I leaned over the machine and apparently leaned against the start button long enough to reset the game.

I am trying to laugh at this but I am proud of myself of not dropping multiple F bombs on stream.
1 hour and 2 minute mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1994093440?t=3740s

#9570 85 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I will share this for all you to be able to laugh at my stupidity. I was playing and streaming this morning with a score of almost 2.3B and playing the last overlord multi-ball that would have lit Overlord. During that multi-ball a ball gets stuck. In my frustration of locating and trying to free without taking the glass off, I leaned over the machine and apparently leaned against the start button long enough to reset the game.
I am trying to laugh at this but I am proud of myself of not dropping multiple F bombs on stream.

I'm assuming you turned off quick restart in the system menu right after this.

#9571 85 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

That sucks!

Next time… when you get a stuck ball do this;

~open the coin door (*and leave it open*)
~remove the lock down bar
~slide down or remove the glass
~retrieve the stuck ball and let it drain
~reinstall the glass and lock down bar
~manually push a ball into the shooter lane from the ball trough.
~close the coin door

The ball should auto launch, as soon as you close your coin door, and then you’re back in the game right where you left off!

#9572 85 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

That was the first thing I did!

#9573 85 days ago

Stern’s Foo leader boards show up in attract mode across all the pins. Ha, I guess I have not waited too long hitting that button. I like both that and Quest info in Attract.

#9574 85 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

No, it's not. Maybe IFPA was assuming there was going to be both because that was the way they used to have them. As it stands now all I see is the global cheaterboard.

I think it needs you to register a score... i wasnt in there to start with then, on Sunday, I got my grand champion score and appeared in the leaderboard so, New scores only?

#9575 85 days ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

I think it needs you to register a score... i wasnt in there to start with then, on Sunday, I got my grand champion score and appeared in the leaderboard so, New scores only?

Needs to be on location for any prizes .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9576 85 days ago

Rightfully so.

#9577 85 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Fine with that. far too much room for cheating otherwise. I was initially annoyed as knowing where you stand globally is kinda cool and makes me want to try again. If my score shows up in the rankings, I'm happy. Don't care about the prizes TBH (are they even available outside the USA?) as I kNow i'm not good enough...

Global leaderboards though, heck yes... great idea... make that a standard please Stern!

Heck maybe even augment (optionally) Local boards so it reads

"<IC Nickname>"
"<Score>"
"<(World Ranking)>"

With that last bit being in a smaller font!

#9578 85 days ago

hey guys. Haven't seen much discussion on lighting color here so thought I'd share.

I like warm white lighting. All the lighting in my house is warm, and I prefer warm lighting in pinball. Makes it feel more "retro" and less cheap. My foo fighters was the only game in my lineup with cool lighting, and to me it did have this cheap/lifeless feel to it. It certainly stuck out. The game has really grown on me lately, so I did some lighting work on it, as i felt this was holding me back from loving the pin.

People worry that warm lighting will not accurately convey the colors in the artwork. But playfields are very poorly lit anyway. most people are playing in the dark. the lighting for artwork is abysmal... so if you really care about this you should have pinstadiums (my only game with pinstadium, IMDN, i turned them to warm, FWIW).

There are a lot of cool colors in Foo, notably the band at the bottom. You can see in my picture that it looks almost identical either way, mostly because I left the cool apron lighting in.

The main thing to note is the red/gold plastics. Note how much more rich they are with warm lighting. I did also put some warm white spotlights on the slings. Since the main illustration on the pin, the overlord holding the foo bot, is the dimmest thing in the stock game. Man I wish people at Stern cared about lighting.

I'm putting a pic of the lineup, so that you can see the photography is pretty close and the differences you see really are the changes I made.
The second pic is not really fair for the upper part of the playfield, because of a bug in the attract mode code that turns the red GI all the way up (if that's intentional it's dumb). This makes the game very pink, and I think its unintentional because as soon as you start a game the red GI goes down (the "after" pick is taken after game started). but, since no red GI on the bottom half you can accurately compare that at least.

Now my only concern is whenever I finally get expression lights that it will clash. So Tanio buddy if you can add a "warm" setting for expression lights when you go and fix the attract mode GI "bug", that would be sweet!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9579 84 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

hey guys. Haven't seen much discussion on lighting color here so thought I'd share.
I like warm white lighting. All the lighting in my house is warm, and I prefer warm lighting in pinball. Makes it feel more "retro" and less cheap. My foo fighters was the only game in my lineup with cool lighting, and to me it did have this cheap/lifeless feel to it. It certainly stuck out. The game has really grown on me lately, so I did some lighting work on it, as i felt this was holding me back from loving the pin.
People worry that warm lighting will not accurately convey the colors in the artwork. But playfields are very poorly lit anyway. most people are playing in the dark. the lighting for artwork is abysmal... so if you really care about this you should have pinstadiums (my only game with pinstadium, IMDN, i turned them to warm, FWIW).
There are a lot of cool colors in Foo, notably the band at the bottom. You can see in my picture that it looks almost identical either way, mostly because I left the cool apron lighting in.
The main thing to note is the red/gold plastics. Note how much more rich they are with warm lighting. I did also put some warm white spotlights on the slings. Since the main illustration on the pin, the overlord holding the foo bot, is the dimmest thing in the stock game. Man I wish people at Stern cared about lighting.
I'm putting a pic of the lineup, so that you can see the photography is pretty close and the differences you see really are the changes I made.
The second pic is not really fair for the upper part of the playfield, because of a bug in the attract mode code that turns the red GI all the way up (if that's intentional it's dumb). This makes the game very pink, and I think its unintentional because as soon as you start a game the red GI goes down (the "after" pick is taken after game started). but, since no red GI on the bottom half you can accurately compare that at least.
Now my only concern is whenever I finally get expression lights that it will clash. So Tanio buddy if you can add a "warm" setting for expression lights when you go and fix the attract mode GI "bug", that would be sweet!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So second game after this this i blasted past my prior high score. put up 850m (I'm not good), including my first time in foo bot multiball (500m just from that...). Unfortunately I did install flipper coil fans at the same time as the new bulbs, so I guess I'll never know which one made the bigger impact...

#9580 84 days ago

Do you think new code is off the table until the leaderboard thing is over in Jan?

#9581 84 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Do you think new code is off the table until the leaderboard thing is over in Jan?

Most likely. With the holidays coming up, there aren't a lot of work days anyway. I'd be happy to be surprised though.

#9582 84 days ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Sure would be nice to get a meaningful update before the holidays. Fingers crossed.

#9583 84 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sure would be nice to get a meaningful update before the holidays. Fingers crossed.

I hope they add co-op to this game at some point, would be so much fun.

also really want to see the topper!

#9584 84 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I hope they add co-op to this game at some point, would be so much fun.
also really want to see the topper!

I’d say Co Op will be on most, if not all Sterns going forward. Seems a good thing with trying to balance between Novice and Advanced players. Options ,options , and more options is what I say.

#9585 84 days ago

Went to play a quick game before MNF came on and cranked out my GC with a nice foo bot MB score.

IMG_5786 (resized).jpegIMG_5786 (resized).jpegIMG_5787 (resized).jpegIMG_5787 (resized).jpeg
#9586 84 days ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Went to play a quick game before MNF came on and cranked out my GC with a nice foo bot MB score.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I saw your score on the Stern Foo event you're number 20 currently! I can't even get on the board but I normally play for progression, hard to change it up for me.

#9587 84 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No way to decifer is what I'm saying. There is only one leader board that's what global means. When they ran these monthly they had a global and a verified location.

#9588 84 days ago

For those that get to foo bot multiball, what is your strategy? Are you focusing on a certain bot part first and letting the rest happen as you progress through the game?

#9589 84 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For those that get to foo bot multiball, what is your strategy? Are you focusing on a certain bot part first and letting the rest happen as you progress through the game?

IMO since bot targets (esp the low one) and radio are such dangerous shots, I would try to make most progress on those during multiball (esp since the radio award during MB is add-a-ball) or with a ball save.
Try to go for sonic radio skill shot / build radio while you've got ball save. For me I get to bot frenzy more often than sonic radio.
Then focus on getting area 51 started and getting an overlord SJP. Start a mode before multiball if you can and hope to finish it in one shot (or start after hopefully with some bomb mod built up.

#9590 84 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I saw your score on the Stern Foo event you're number 20 currently! I can't even get on the board but I normally play for progression, hard to change it up for me.

How do you see the global leaderboard?

#9591 84 days ago

Seeing all of your scores has inspired me to get a new sign for the game room.

I-Suck-Neon (resized).jpgI-Suck-Neon (resized).jpg
#9592 84 days ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Seeing all of your scores has inspired me to get a new sign for the game room.[quoted image]

Well, some of the people here are VERY good players.... I've had my FF since June and not quite at the Billion yet! others got there really quickly!

#9593 84 days ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

How do you see the global leaderboard?

Okay on the bottom of the screen pick the second icon, it's a pinball. Then on the next screen scroll up a little and next to locations will be Stern events. Select that and scroll down 4 or 5 spots and pick December global Foo leader boards.

#9594 84 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Okay on the bottom of the screen pick the second icon, it's a pinball. Then on the next screen scroll up a little and next to locations will be Stern events. Select that and scroll down 4 or 5 spots and pick December global Foo leader boards.

Thank you! Wow, you really have to dig to see that LOL

#9595 84 days ago

It's pretty disturbing that in 4 days almost 100 people have 1 billion plus scores on the global leaderboard. Contrast that to SFGE where over 3 days where no one surpassed 507M.

I was hoping to crack the top 100 but with these scores, not a chance. My game keeps getting better but it won't be that much better by the end of December.

Hopefully those scores are only for verified locations. At least some ops are reaping the benefits.

#9596 84 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’ve tried a few different ways and what seems the best (highest scoring) to me is to keep ramming the UFO captive ball (while picking off jackpots when can )and hitting the action button right away when they show up. I just found out you can rapidly hit that button when red as I’ve been using them one at a time all the while. This keeps ball save going a very long time. Scored well over a Bil one time and very close to a Bil the other (on the mode itself). Does not seem the most skillful plan of attack but it works for scoring.

#9597 84 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

It's pretty disturbing that in 4 days almost 100 people have 1 billion plus scores on the global leaderboard. Contrast that to SFGE where over 3 days where no one surpassed 507M.
I was hoping to crack the top 100 but with these scores, not a chance. My game keeps getting better but it won't be that much better by the end of December.
Hopefully those scores are only for verified locations. At least some ops are reaping the benefits.

What’s SFGE? I only ask because I’m up there with a pretty good score, but I played factory with extra balls on mine and I keep my games leveled and pitched how I want them. This is why I’ll go out a couple times on location and try to get up there. Those games are always set up harder to play and want to try for a legit score.

#9598 84 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

Tournament games are 3 ball only and are set up far harder than any pin in a home setting.

#9599 83 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

Code has changed since SFGE, and maybe those players weren't picking DC, which was the best way to blow the game up around that time. Austin was less productive. That choice alone could be a 200-300 million difference if you played it well. I can do a billion pretty consistently on Foo, and I'm not IFPA material.

#9600 83 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What’s SFGE? I only ask because I’m up there with a pretty good score, but I played factory with extra balls on mine and I keep my games leveled and pitched how I want them. This is why I’ll go out a couple times on location and try to get up there. Those games are always set up harder to play and want to try for a legit score.

Southern Fried Gaming Expo, held back in July. Given the timeframe they were likely running .95 or if they were really on the ball .96, which was released a couple weeks before that show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00
5,975 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Trinity, FL
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 24.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 499.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
There are 11,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 222.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.