9A714B85-A303-4387-97CF-D8DA677C3309_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
BE6EEC50-4BFB-4B89-8BDD-EAF4612263FB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22FC866E-08C2-48A8-A3A8-F1AB471BC9A5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B4B671E6-F52D-4D73-9EA7-BAB2D8848E42_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1E626ADF-0137-4A2D-A872-DA27BBD0A03F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
17134563175124719207043215691978 (resized).jpg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 265.
#852 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I lifted the playfield up.l on my pro. I think this is the lightest playfield ever

Cant be lighter than a GZ pro lol

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Cant be lighter than a GZ pro lol

But it certainly can be. Godzilla pro still has a magnet, and a pop bumper more than this game.

#854 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I lifted the playfield up.l on my pro. I think this is the lightest playfield ever

If you want a heavier playfield, buy a Premium. Hey-O!!

#855 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But it certainly can be. Godzilla pro still has a magnet, and a pop bumper more than this game.

yeah, I guess. more ramps on foo though, no? maybe similar to IMDN PRO. that is a light PF also.

#856 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It's definitely lighter than any others than any others I have lifted. To make it easier I pull all my playfields to get downstairs.

I was also surprised to see proper service rails again. I didn't realize they were added back

#857 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

If you want a heavier playfield, buy a Premium. Hey-O!!

Or a Hobbit.

#858 1 year ago

Just posted a new dev thread about our upcoming "Area 51" mod.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Still in development but the feature list will be:

* 4 x independent RGB lighting zones
* Cast resin sculpted & painted alien for the window
* Edge luminescent acrylic wafer effect for the garage
* Fully configurable over WiFi
* Fully game integrated, 6 switch triggers, easy installation with no t-splicing

More info here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-area-51-building-mod

thx!

#859 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just posted a new dev thread about our upcoming "Area 51" mod.
[quoted image]
Still in development but the feature list will be:
* 4 x independent RGB lighting zones
* Edge luminescent acrylic wafer effect for the garage
* Fully configurable over WiFi
* Fully game integrated, 6 switch triggers, easy installation with no t-splicing
More info here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-area-51-building-mod
thx!

Sweeet !! You know you can add me to the list

#860 1 year ago

Anyone hear of any domestic LE’s shipping out of Stern yet?

#861 1 year ago

Hey There All! Just wanted a second to put down my Monkey Wrench to drop by and share a project that Stumblor Pinball and I have been working on…The Foo Post!! This will be an add-on kit for the Foo Fighters Pro to upgrade to the dead post - plus some other cool twists - Stop on by and check it out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighter-foo-post-dead-post-mod

8D06D1F3-BFEF-4F58-9258-D2BACE4F1595 (resized).jpeg8D06D1F3-BFEF-4F58-9258-D2BACE4F1595 (resized).jpeg
#862 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Anyone hear of any domestic LE’s shipping out of Stern yet?

International finishing this week and Domestic is not shipping till next week.

#863 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

International finishing this week and Domestic is not shipping till next week.

thanks!

#865 1 year ago

Anyone found any fun flipper codes on this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#867 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

all export models

How can you tell? I couldn't make out the coin door on them.

#868 1 year ago

Seems to me that now with the mods
A mere $500 USD gets the pro upgraded to a Premium with better art.
Deadpost
Upper PF Area 51
Van mod
Overlord Soaceship (*without magnet)
*not sure how much added joy that magnet provides anyway.
I am impressed. Well done pinheads.
Really did not expect the deadpost to work, let alone be Better with added modes of gameplay.
Crazy !

#869 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

AF7E0660-B3BC-4476-B5B9-0C54BE53FA53 (resized).jpegAF7E0660-B3BC-4476-B5B9-0C54BE53FA53 (resized).jpeg

Bummer

#870 1 year ago

Got Titan glows in. Should work great on foo le. Doing clear and red on bond le.

IMG_6428 (resized).jpegIMG_6428 (resized).jpeg
#871 1 year ago

A question about the ka-foom kicker. How strong is supposed to be, and is it a consistent shot? Most hit it and get a light push off of it. Then sometimes it will fire into the spinner, and 1 in 20 will go up the ramp.

Wondering if it's supposed to be like that, based on angles, or is there an adjustment required to make it more consistent?

#872 1 year ago

Oh and I'm in the club with a pro

20230412_150132 (resized).jpg20230412_150132 (resized).jpg20230414_111048 (resized).jpg20230414_111048 (resized).jpg
#873 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Oh and I'm in the club with a pro
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just in time for the weekend you lucky dog Congrats !!

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The kick target is essentially the Foo pop, and way more useful.

#875 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Boo.

I was sure that of all the modders, you would be the one to put a mini-LCD in there and have different alien animations (going about business, reacting to the ball, looking bored, etc.) happening so it looked like an Alien lived there.

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I had to capture a frame and lighten it to be sure. That's the pic I posted. It was lightened so the door was obvious.

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

A question about the ka-foom kicker. How strong is supposed to be, and is it a consistent shot? Most hit it and get a light push off of it. Then sometimes it will fire into the spinner, and 1 in 20 will go up the ramp.
Wondering if it's supposed to be like that, based on angles, or is there an adjustment required to make it more consistent?

Mine's about 50/50 up the ramp. What's your playfield pitch, and have you made sure it's level?

#878 1 year ago

Would be cool to see a ray gun shot leader board telling you what x and what shot similar to Walking Dead.

#879 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine's about 50/50 up the ramp. What's your playfield pitch, and have you made sure it's level?

6.5 degrees and level side to side. Mine's not even at 50/50 for a hard kick.

I've tried rolling balls at it, and can't seem to see what causes soft shots.

Time to look deeper it seems

#880 1 year ago

Had Schwaggs and kermit24 over to try my pro. They are getting their FF’s “hopefully” in the week….or two?

I put my “freshest” game in a single spot away from my other games so folks can gather around and enjoy it. So far love the flow and the don’t blink/take my breath away speed of my game. Can’t wait to try my friend’s Prem and LE’s.

We are a fortunate bunch!

I got mine - your folks turn! Keep ‘em coming Stern!

26FBD33E-ACD8-44D3-BFB0-29DD0003655C (resized).jpeg26FBD33E-ACD8-44D3-BFB0-29DD0003655C (resized).jpeg
#881 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

6.5 degrees and level side to side. Mine's not even at 50/50 for a hard kick.
I've tried rolling balls at it, and can't seem to see what causes soft shots.
Time to look deeper it seems

EDIT. Revising this advice.

First, it's not possible to unplug the coil while you adjust the switch as I originally posted because Stern put the coil and switch wiring on the SAME CONNECTOR.

Second, the switch doesn't register when it closes, it registers when the target hits and it relaxes the pressure on the switch arm, opening the switch. It IS possible to bend the arm to make it register later, but it just made it worse for me (and mine was OK - I messed it up for science!). So, I put it back.

I think there's another way to get a more reliable kick and will try that in a bit and post what I find out.

#882 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Some new speaker panels available from www.wizardmod.com Magnetic, so very easy to install.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got my ordered about a week ago. Hopefully will be shipping out soon.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#883 1 year ago

I want my LE! Hurry up dang it!

#884 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got Titan glows in.

The games are so bright, curious what the point of the glow is. I guess it would be nice when you hit the action button and it goes completely dark?

#885 1 year ago

Is anyone having an issue where the optical spinner keeps triggering even in a resting state?

#886 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Seems to me that now with the mods
A mere $500 USD gets the pro upgraded to a Premium with better art.
Deadpost
Upper PF Area 51
Van mod
Overlord Soaceship (*without magnet)
*not sure how much added joy that magnet provides anyway.
I am impressed. Well done pinheads.
Really did not expect the deadpost to work, let alone be Better with added modes of gameplay.
Crazy !

Just jumping on to the Foo bandwagon and debating pro vs premium. Not sure I need the upper playfield but I do like the Van and Overlord sculpts on the pro. Who is producing the mods for both on the pro?

#887 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is anyone having an issue where the optical spinner keeps triggering even in a resting state?

I've not, but it sounds like a loose connection to the opto OR more likely a mis-adjusted opto that is triggering from the vibration of the game.

#888 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've not, but it sounds like a loose connection to the opto OR more likely a mis-adjusted opto that is triggering from the vibration of the game.

Yeah, I’m going to dig in. Just wanted to see if it was common. I’ll let everyone know.

#889 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Just jumping on to the Foo bandwagon and debating pro vs premium. Not sure I need the upper playfield but I do like the Van and Overlord sculpts on the pro. Who is producing the mods for both on the pro?

I was in on premium and after playing both, canceled the premium. Probably will doa pro and call it a day.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yeah, I’m going to dig in. Just wanted to see if it was common. I’ll let everyone know.

So, I had to literally bend the spinner bracket back away from the opto a bit. It was triggering in the most micro of movements.

#891 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I want my LE! Hurry up dang it!

I received an email from my distributor to pay the invoice for my LE. I am guessing a couple of weeks.

#892 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

As for the pro vs premium, do you want really good or amazing? I am one of a small group people in the world to have a premium in my house right now because I bought a show game. They aren't even on the production line yet. Everyone who is saying the pro is amazing and the premium "doesn't flow as well" haven't even really played a premium yet. Maybe they put a few games on a premium at a show or something or they are going off the reveal video. The pros are out in the wild and people are playing them. The pro is a great game, make no mistake. It gives you about 85% of the play experience of the premium. That's not BS, I've put probably 15 hours on my premium so far and I have probably 20 games on a pro so I have some experience to speak from.

I can tell you the premium is AMAZING. The upper playfield is the best upper playfield I've seen in a long time. The shots are great and it's exactly the right mix between fun upper shots and not staying up there too long. The "Foo Post" may work great, it may not. Stern may kill that with a code update. The sculpts being put out now are great and the mod community here is amazing. From what it looks like you are going to be looking at somewhere between $1000-1500 to get the mods for a Pro to make it sorta look like a premium without the upper playfield. The Premium is $2700 more than the pro. So, is it worth $1200-1700 to you to get the upper playfield, the option to include expression lighting and the original factory sculpts? That's your question.

A lot of people who are hyping up the pros right now may change their tune once people start getting their Premiums and playing them.

#893 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got Titan glows in. Should work great on foo le. Doing clear and red on bond le.
[quoted image]

Look forward to seeing what these look like!

Does anyone else have some pics of other color Titans on their flippers? Trying decide what color to put on!

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Look forward to seeing what these look like!
Does anyone else have some pics of other color Titans on their flippers? Trying decide what color to put on!

No pics yet as I'm waiting on my LE. But I ordered purple flipper rubbers, light blue post sleeves, and translucent rings (which I always do).

I think the purple will tie it together nicely; I'll certainly post pics once it arrives.

#895 1 year ago

Is a Premium even worth it anymore ?

Never expected the mods to be This impressive and close the gap between the pro and premium models for a Fraction of the price.

Latest mod offerings for the pro have really caused me to pause and reconsider.

Any thoughts ?

#896 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Is a Premium even worth it anymore ?
Never expected the mods to be This impressive and close the gap between the pro and premium models for a Fraction of the price.
Latest mod offerings for the pro have really caused me to pause and reconsider.
Any thoughts ?

Still no upper playfield or expression lighting even if this dead post mod is not squashed by Stern eventually. Sounds like your mind is already made up though.

#897 1 year ago

Have had a pro at home for a week. 400 plays (not all mine). My humble and uneducated observations/opinions:

- I love the foo fighters, but now I’m sick of them . Cartoon and theme are cool, wish there was some live band footage somewhere, even while in attract mode.
- gameplay is awesome and fun
- gameplay is hard (for us) most games at our house are super short.
- premium features, struggled with which to get, don’t really think about not having them, just happy to have this and play. Overdrive save is fun without a plastic post. Think you can’t go wrong.
- I know there’s so much to the game I don’t get to see because it’s so fast and my games are so short. Hope they add more stuff up front for those like me that suck.
- plastic on the ramp broke at 150 plays. Got a ulek replacement, back in action. Sterns says working on a fix. Buy it now if your game is on the way so at least you have a backup until something better comes out.
- big playfield dimples. May be normal
- art is perfect for theme, colors and animations are awesome.
- added a shaker, kids say it’s way more fun now.
- kids played for 2 days now back to their phones - maybe 2 days is good?
- kick target is fun, looping combos are a blast, maybe more so because I don’t hit them often.
- middle of the playfield is dark. Foo bot lights are dark and wish aliens head had red lit eyes or something. Adding mirror blades today and translucent bands to brighten
- I really like the 3D Area 51 plastics the way they are. Looks great and creative. The van is blah. Overlord is cool, would be nice if it shook or had lights on it, but it’s fine, especially with the bird hand.
- bot frenzy hits perfect. Instant smiles. Wondering what else may be in the game.
- hope to see DC and Austin someday
- buy the game if you can and enjoy
Edit: forgot to mention the spinner. It’s sweet!

#898 1 year ago

A while back someone had pics of the glow titans on theirs. Looked great to me.

#899 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Still no upper playfield or expression lighting even if this dead post mod is not squashed by Stern eventually. Sounds like your mind is already made up though.

No upper playfield mod for thr pro sounds awesome. How much did it cost to not have it?!?

#900 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Have had a pro at home for a week. 400 plays (not all mine). My humble and uneducated observations/opinions:
- I love the foo fighters, but now I’m sick of them . Cartoon and theme are cool, wish there was some live band footage somewhere, even while in attract mode.
- gameplay is awesome and fun
- gameplay is hard (for us) most games at our house are super short.
- premium features, struggled with which to get, don’t really think about not having them, just happy to have this and play. Overdrive save is fun without a plastic post. Think you can’t go wrong.
- I know there’s so much to the game I don’t get to see because it’s so fast and my games are so short. Hope they add more stuff up front for those like me that suck.
- plastic on the ramp broke at 150 plays. Got a ulek replacement, back in action. Sterns says working on a fix. Buy it now if your game is on the way so at least you have a backup until something better comes out.
- big playfield dimples. May be normal
- art is perfect for theme, colors and animations are awesome.
- added a shaker, kids say it’s way more fun now.
- kids played for 2 days now back to their phones - maybe 2 days is good?
- kick target is fun, looping combos are a blast, maybe more so because I don’t hit them often.
- middle of the playfield is dark. Foo bot lights are dark and wish aliens head had red lit eyes or something. Adding mirror blades today and translucent bands to brighten
- I really like the 3D Area 51 plastics the way they are. Looks great and creative. The van is blah. Overlord is cool, would be nice if it shook or had lights on it, but it’s fine, especially with the bird hand.
- bot frenzy hits perfect. Instant smiles. Wondering what else may be in the game.
- hope to see DC and Austin someday
- buy the game if you can and enjoy
Edit: forgot to mention the spinner. It’s sweet!

Ha! Fantastic review. Thank you. Especially appreciate the line about the kids. I have a bet going with my wife about that. I need them to make it a week. Now I feel I may have stretched seeing your number. I am putting up a screen with iscored I think, so I can maybe try and boost some engagement with competition. My fear is how fast it is and how long the modes are. Not sure they are going to love it if they can’t get some good longer play throughs. We’ll see.

I am a bit worried about hating the music after this. Huge fan, but was already getting a bit played out after going to their last 6 concerts or so and hearing the same 10 songs for the most part… most which are also on this pin.

Interesting to hear it is dark. I’ll have to look into that when I get mine.

Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 210.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Methuen, MA
$ 499.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 265.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/18?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.