07CE254F-4447-4E93-B1FC-A7877F5BA222 (resized).png
A5C145FD-E728-4F5E-9E8F-E8FA1812B691 (resized).png
IMG_5517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5516 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5489 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 252.
#451 11 months ago

I'd like to get some feedback from owners of this game on what you think of white flipper bats as the special edition color for this game. I know it's a little hard to judge without seeing them actually installed, but since the stock flippers are white (and they kind of work) I thought I'd stick with that color.

Thoughts?

White_2 (resized).jpgWhite_2 (resized).jpg

#452 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know the rules for roseell mode? There are green and orange arrows… but game doesn’t explain which is good or better or what

Orange (Foo) shots are worth more than Green (Overlord) shorts. It's not super clear when playing right now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#453 11 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

What changed your mind? I thought you were in on a Pro? Also, to be clear I think the Pro will be a home run.

The dead post and the option for Expression Lights were the big ones for me, even though we may be waiting a long time to be able to get them. I prefer the Pro’s cabinet and translite, but I think I can track down a pro translite eventually, and cabinets are whatever.

#454 11 months ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

thanks bud.
This one is specific, for a specific purpose.
Some folks were saying their Rules questions were going unanswered,
so since people are talking the Deadpost to Death 46x and a few other repeats,
I felt this one additional specific one, was a good idea.
Apologies.

I think maybe one or a couple people had rules questions that didn't get a response, and that's likely only because not too many of these games have landed in homes yet. So it's just going to be the case at this point that not too many people in the forum have a lot to suggest beyond what's already written up in the Stern rules sheet, Tiltforums, or what can be viewed in streams. I've only played two games on location because I'm waiting to jam on it at home.

I think there's tons of discussion on the way in this forum about code and strategy, but it just doesn't usually happen until games are in more homes and people get more familiar with it.

Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Rush, and even Avengers Infinity Quest didn't have a separate rules thread outside the club forum. And if any game would have needed it, it would have been AIQ. But it wasn't needed there and there was a lot of great gem strategy discussion in the owners forum.

And I think Jurassic Park having 2 separate owners club threads (one for Pro and one for Prem/LE) showed that it gets clunky a couple years down the road when you have separate forums. When new owners come into JP now, there's similar but not always quite the same advice and information related to all models of the game in both threads so it just ends up being an exercise of having to inform people to search two forums instead of one for what they're looking for.

A couple years from now new Foo owners would be posting in here anyway (as they should) about rules & strategy without realizing there's a separate thread, so why not just keep it here in one spot?

Just my thoughts, but it seems better to have all tips & tricks for maintenance, strategy, and anything else in this one owner's forum where people can keyword search for anything they want.

#455 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know the rules for roseell mode? There are green and orange arrows… but game doesn’t explain which is good or better or what

Roswell (Run): The Foo Fighters (orange shot arrow) are trying to run away from the Overlord (green shot arrow). The Overlord will move towards the Foo Fighters - if he catches them you will lose mode progress so keep running!

Award starting value: 2M
Award increment: 400k
Single Value Shot: Overlord (Green arrow)
Triple Value + Double Progress Shot: Foo Fighters (Orange arrow)

From http://tiltforums.com/t/foo-fighters-rulesheet/8162

#456 11 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'd like to get some feedback from owners of this game on what you think of white flipper bats as the special edition color for this game. I know it's a little hard to judge without seeing them actually installed, but since the stock flippers are white (and they kind of work) I thought I'd stick with that color.
Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Those look awesome and I’m sure in the game it would amazing to have.

#457 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Can someone with a game please post a rubbers list up in this thread .Much appreciated

For future reference, Stern usually has the game manuals online on their website early into production.

#458 11 months ago

Here’s something I noticed yesterday while playing my premium. I was in New Orleans mode and I hit the Overlord as the first shot. That lit the Overlord again as per the rules. I hit him again, it stayed lit at that point. A third hit finished the mode. Now the weird thing was I hadn’t started New Orleans before and three shots to finish that mode isn’t the usual. I’m going to try it again tonight and see if I can replicate it.

Also, I got to D.C. last night. Finished three cities and chose D.C. because I had seen Austin on a stream. 6 ball multiball! Crazy fun.

Also, I got an award on insider for finishing all 6 cities which wasn’t correct because I had only finished three. I’m guessing the insider code hadn’t changed yet from when Austin was the only first mini-wizard mode and D.C. was second.

#459 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thank you guys Has anyone used these UV glow led’s with the glow rubbers ? I’m thinking this is the ticket .
[quoted image]

I used the UV star post kit once with uv rubbers and thought it worked out great. I'll add photos if I find them.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-star-post-kit

#460 11 months ago

To avoid confusion, as I don’t want anyone just putting down Mylar and calling it a day.

Definitely need to lower trough eject power. I do on all my pins. Adding Mylar is just added peace of mind for me, and I believe does help reduce wear over time. Added bonus, eases cleaning as you just replace it.

Just putting Mylar on without lowering trough eject power, and some reduction on shooter lane launch will not prevent trough eject damage.

Quoted from northvibe:

mylar didn't stop wear on our rush/godzilla and munsters. If this is a home environment, then I suppose it would/may work for a while, but on route with 2-3k+ plays it won't hold up :/ easy enough to get one, annoying it needs it.
Oh man, my Met had the bad pf so clear was just flaking off in 250 plays :/

#461 11 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Here’s something I noticed yesterday while playing my premium. I was in New Orleans mode and I hit the Overlord as the first shot. That lit the Overlord again as per the rules. I hit him again, it stayed lit at that point. A third hit finished the mode. Now the weird thing was I hadn’t started New Orleans before and three shots to finish that mode isn’t the usual. I’m going to try it again tonight and see if I can replicate it.
Also, I got to D.C. last night. Finished three cities and chose D.C. because I had seen Austin on a stream. 6 ball multiball! Crazy fun.
Also, I got an award on insider for finishing all 6 cities which wasn’t correct because I had only finished three. I’m guessing the insider code hadn’t changed yet from when Austin was the only first mini-wizard mode and D.C. was second.

Have you finished all 6 cities in separate games? Sometimes IC keeps lifetime goals like that.

#462 11 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

White is always a good choice- most popular car color- neutral- duh!

Really like your flippers- will probably end up on my FF LE (maybe this month?!?).

#463 11 months ago

Waiting on my Premium is killing me.... That is all.

#464 11 months ago

In the club with a Pro! Only have a few games in but loving this game so far... reminds me of how I felt when I first got my Godzilla Pro. Game is awesome and can't wait to play it more!

20230406_125452 (resized).jpg20230406_125452 (resized).jpg20230406_125918 (resized).jpg20230406_125918 (resized).jpg20230406_140027 (resized).jpg20230406_140027 (resized).jpg
#465 11 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

White looks really good! It does match the official flippers in the color scheme.

#466 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

In the club with a Pro! Only have a few games in but loving this game so far... reminds me of how I felt when I first got my Godzilla Pro. Game is awesome and can't wait to play it more!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but I love how your pins are set up! Do you have a wider pic of your room? I have a lot of space in my basement, but it isn't nearly as aesthetic as your set up, here.

#467 11 months ago

Like the cabinet art of the pro much more

#468 11 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Waiting on my Premium is killing me.... That is all.

Many premiums come this very month. When are you getting yours?

#469 11 months ago
Quoted from Sengaya:

Like the cabinet art of the pro much more

I like the marquee art of the pro way more, but love the premiums toy commercial theme/look better.

#470 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Many premiums come this very month. When are you getting yours?

I ordered from Jason at Classic Game Rooms. I am in on the first run, but time wise I am hearing sometime this month.

#471 11 months ago

Oh yeah it’s time to FOO.

305DE0F4-A80F-4E0B-A0DD-ED4C0310CF3F (resized).jpeg305DE0F4-A80F-4E0B-A0DD-ED4C0310CF3F (resized).jpegFDA42939-2963-49F0-8D0F-D8084B2C00E3 (resized).jpegFDA42939-2963-49F0-8D0F-D8084B2C00E3 (resized).jpeg
#472 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but I love how your pins are set up! Do you have a wider pic of your room? I have a lot of space in my basement, but it isn't nearly as aesthetic as your set up, here.

Thank you! The room is basically a 16'x20' bonus room in my basement. It also serves as one of my offices as it's quieter then working on the main floor when the kids are home.

20230406_143326 (resized).jpg20230406_143326 (resized).jpg20230406_143352 (resized).jpg20230406_143352 (resized).jpg
#473 11 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

I think if I was going to get a set I’d go with the green ones you have. Not a fan of the white Stern installed.

#474 11 months ago

I have a set of red that will be going in on my LE..

#475 11 months ago

One Mode is completed with 12 shots. However when New Orleans was your first mode the first shot is worth six shots. So that would make seven needed shots. I bet you had the the bomb power up on level 2, which spots four additional shots at the beginning of the mode. this way you only have to do two shots in the mode + the final overlord shot.

#476 11 months ago

Just paid for my Foo Fighters Pro, now i can't wait for my very first pin to arrive.

#477 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Just paid for my Foo Fighters Pro, now i can't wait for my very first pin to arrive.

im in the same boat, cant remember when the last time was I waited for something this bad

#478 11 months ago

Could someone post a closeup pic of the switch on their left "van" ramp wireform? I feel like I'm occasionally not starting a van mode even when it's lit. It seems to be fine when I test it with a rolled ball in switch test mode. Trying to compare how the gate sits with the switch lever on mine compared to others.

#479 11 months ago

Officially in. Exchanged the flip off plastic for the stock right away. Not sure what that says about me but I just love it in this game.

Added mirrors which just look great. What a pro. Really digging the art on this version.

What pitch are people using to get that left jump ramp smooth consistently?

8193D4BA-E6BF-4947-AB71-BD546CD3833E (resized).jpeg8193D4BA-E6BF-4947-AB71-BD546CD3833E (resized).jpeg8B4DF5B5-A19A-4E33-9F77-696FB6211D47 (resized).jpeg8B4DF5B5-A19A-4E33-9F77-696FB6211D47 (resized).jpeg90115A09-A2BD-471D-9ED4-DB3607EA7A16 (resized).jpeg90115A09-A2BD-471D-9ED4-DB3607EA7A16 (resized).jpeg

#480 11 months ago

!!!

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 4.48.43 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-06 at 4.48.43 PM (resized).png
#481 11 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

To avoid confusion, as I don’t want anyone just putting down Mylar and calling it a day.
Definitely need to lower trough eject power. I do on all my pins. Adding Mylar is just added peace of mind for me, and I believe does help reduce wear over time. Added bonus, eases cleaning as you just replace it.
Just putting Mylar on without lowering trough eject power, and some reduction on shooter lane launch will not prevent trough eject damage.

Yup! I just sold my Aerosmith to a friend, and I’d installed Mylar and reduced the trough eject power on day one. The shooter lane still looks new, and it’s a 6-year-old pin. I just hope my FF playfield is as nice as the one on that AS - that was a good time for Stern playfields.

C6EDBD04-596A-423B-9AC9-A9D44DB5AE7C (resized).jpegC6EDBD04-596A-423B-9AC9-A9D44DB5AE7C (resized).jpeg
#482 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Officially in. Exchanged the flip off plastic for the stock right away. Not sure what that says about me but I just love it in this game.
Added mirrors which just look great. What a pro. Really digging the art on this version.
What pitch are people using to get that left jump ramp smooth consistently?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mirror blades look great. Are they screw on or the newer stick on?

#483 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Mirror blades look great. Are they screw on or the newer stick on?

Thanks! Newer stick on from pinball life and it was insanely easy!

#484 11 months ago

I bought this over 10 years ago because I thought it was cool. It’s not too practical as a playfield toy, because it’s heavy solid metal. I’d love to see something similar from a modder, but with plastic that looks like this.

This is the thing I was trying to share pics of - https://www.wetanz.com/us/the-righteous-bison
B199C30D-81AA-42C7-9192-9C9AB617D979 (resized).jpegB199C30D-81AA-42C7-9192-9C9AB617D979 (resized).jpeg

#485 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! Newer stick on from pinball life and it was insanely easy!

Awesome, I ordered a set from them today right after I put the money down on my Pro. I also ended up getting one of their shaker motors.

#486 11 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

!!!
[quoted image]

New code, oh yeah!!!!!! Just got it home and have this present waiting for me.

#487 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought this over 10 years ago because I thought it was cool. It’s not too practical as a playfield toy, because it’s heavy solid metal. I’d love to see something similar from a modder, but with plastic that looks like this.
[upload failed, try again later]
This is the thing I was trying to share pics of - https://www.wetanz.com/us/the-righteous-bison

Pretty cool. It reminds me of the album cover art laser gun from Foo Fighters first album! Would look great incorporated into a FF topper: Maybe have it be on a rotating pedastal with a couple lightning bolts extending out on each side

#488 11 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Surprised the modes don't list the goals on screen either at select time or after selection. I have to dig into the modes today, just got the game late last night. Didn't update from factory code yet though.

Well that was taken care off in the 0.92.0 code update which was released just know

#489 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Pretty cool. It reminds me of the album cover art laser gun from Foo Fighters first album! Would look great incorporated into a FF topper: Maybe have it be on a rotating pedastal with a couple lightning bolts extending out on each side

Mine is a miniature of that, about 3 inches long. Don’t know why I can’t get pics to upload.

#490 11 months ago

V0.92.0 - April 6, 2023
=============================

== BUG FIXES ==
-Fix potential game reset scenario during New Orleans mode
-Fix New Orleans upper playfield shots to work correctly
-Fix HSTD 10 character entry when the Stern Insider username was more than 3 characters
-Fix Raygun shot multiplier ending before the game had a chance to score your multiplied shot
-Fix NY and Roswell not properly moving to Final Shot state sometimes

== FEATURE CHANGES ==

OVERLORD
-improve background light effects of overlord multiball inserts during overlord multiballs
-add some points for progressing towards overlord multiball: 100k per overlord progression +25k whenever you advance to a new overlord stage
-immediately release overlord locks upon last ball hitting trough so people are confused with a locked ball during 3 second multiball grace period
-wait for ball settle when registering overlord re-locks in multiball

AREA 51
-improve Area 51 display effects and information
-tweak scoring in Area 51:
-jackpot base 250k --> 500k for red shots
-jackpot increment 50k --> 250k for blue shots
-super jackpot base 2m --> 1m
-super jackpot increment 50k --> 250k for all shots (red and blue)
-make area 51 consistent so blue shots increase super jackpot more than red shots

VAN MODES
-Add mode instructions to all van mode intro videos
-Add FINAL SHOT VALUE text to all van modes when final shot is lit
-tweak NY to score 2x value for roving shot instead of 3x
-lower roswell scoring orange shot = 2x value instead of 3x
-tweak Final Shot scoring: it will now be worth 50% normal value if it isn't your first try on the mode
-Change default van mode timer from 40 seconds to 50 seconds

AUSTIN/DC
-add instructional text to Austin and DC intro
-DC tweaks:
-Base value: changed from 1,500,000 --> 1,000,000 + 25,000 per van mod level achieved this game
-Jackpot value increment: lowered from 50,000 --> 25,000 per jackpot
-Add a ball for 1st, 3rd, and 5th unique super jackpot instead of every super jackpot
-Victory laps once all 6 unique super jackpots have been made
-Austin tweak:
-First add a ball is now available with 5x+ super jackpot, second one available at 6x+ super jackpot, third and final available at 7x+ super jackpot.
-Show Austin and DC jackpot values and instructions on Van Mode Select screen

SPIDER-BOT TARGETS
-add Spider-Bots on screen that can walk on screen, hang out, get blown up, or walk away
-change bot bonus to be 100k per bot (instead of 250k) but your bot count carries the whole game
-show the next bot award with new bot slide out message

SPINNER
-add spinner overlay to see spinner scoring

PLAYFIELD X
-reset rock-o-meter when playfield x is over
-completing rock-o-meter during 3x scoring will now only add 10 seconds to the timer (instead of reset it)

== HIGH SCORE ENTRIES ==
-add high score entries for Austin, DC, Bot Frenzy, Area 51, All My life, Monkey Wrench, The Pretender, Foobot Multiball, Overdrive

== INSTANT INFO ==
-Add FooBot status to instant info, with information on each of the 6 parts

== ACHIEVEMENTS ==
-add achievements

== ADJUSTMENTS ==
-remove "EMPTY AT ENDBALL" overlord lock adjustment setting
-Competition install sets van mode timer to 40 seconds

= SYSTEM =
- SYSTEM 3.35

#491 11 months ago

Spinner has popped off twice in 3 days. Any special adjustment other than the LZ bend method?

#492 11 months ago

Boo Hoo I want my Foo

#493 11 months ago

Congrats to all those with landing pads today

#494 11 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I used the UV star post kit once with uv rubbers and thought it worked out great. I'll add photos if I find them.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-star-post-kit

Great Thanks .

#495 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yup! I just sold my Aerosmith to a friend, and I’d installed Mylar and reduced the trough eject power on day one. The shooter lane still looks new, and it’s a 6-year-old pin. I just hope my FF playfield is as nice as the one on that AS - that was a good time for Stern playfields.
[quoted image]

Aerosmith is AWESOME, BTW~

#496 11 months ago

Oh no FOO is the second music pin I have with no DJ mode. Hope I am missing a setting or it gets added in the future.

#497 11 months ago

The new FOO is now in place and Mando had to move out to make room. So rad!

95498999-C406-40BA-93B8-5379E5DDD794 (resized).jpeg95498999-C406-40BA-93B8-5379E5DDD794 (resized).jpeg
#498 11 months ago

An issue that will likely need to be addressed is the ball hang at the drop targets. The ball will tend to get stuck behind the last drop target if it comes down slowly into that area and the two top targets are down. The machine will go into ball search and fire the ball up against the glass when the targets fire to reset. We had a group of friends over last night to play and had at least 6 times where this happened in a 3 hour session.

I'm going to see if there is an adjustment screw under that bank to raise the drops slightly to see if that will help the problem any.

#499 11 months ago

Joined! Arrived last night without issue

IMG_20230406_215002793 (resized).jpgIMG_20230406_215002793 (resized).jpg

#500 11 months ago

An issue that will likely need to be addressed is the ball hang at the drop targets. The ball will tend to get stuck behind the last drop target if it comes down slowly into that area and the two top targets are down. The machine will go into ball search and fire the ball up against the glass when the targets fire to reset. We had a group of friends over last night to play and had at least 6 times where this happened in a 3 hour session.
I'm going to see if there is an adjustment screw under that bank to raise the drops slightly to see if that will help the problem any.

Did you write George or the stern bug email?
George is very active on FB, I'm sure He'd see it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 430.00
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 300.00
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,575 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/10?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.