foo-start-dipslay (resized).JPG
foo-start-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4629 (resized).png
20240621_130138 (resized).jpg
20240621_130058 (resized).jpg
20240629_142033 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 283.
#5401 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Foo is the only machine in our collection w/o a topper so I was trying to deiced what it'll end up looking like. I was thinking the official topper could follow Ghostbusters lead & add the lights from the top of the van. I mocked it up using CRCades van rack. the other thought was the FF air raid sirens. what do you guys want to see?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the bomb. I think a bust of the foo bot would be cool too.

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

maybe a smaller Bomb chasing the overlord

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Foo is the only machine in our collection w/o a topper so I was trying to deiced what it'll end up looking like. I was thinking the official topper could follow Ghostbusters lead & add the lights from the top of the van. I mocked it up using CRCades van rack. the other thought was the FF air raid sirens. what do you guys want to see?

The guy who makes the Overlord dome and some other mods has a working prototype of the bomb version up and running. Not sure where he's at on making them in number but the short answer is somebody's working on this one to to the point of having a proto.

I haven't seen one with the alert siren, that's a fun idea and could look great if done right.

Raiden Gorby aka GorbysCreatureShop
Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 11.18.37 AM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-06-25 at 11.18.37 AM (resized).jpg

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I'd like to see action figures which would go w/ theme (and it would match my homemade Munsters topper). Foobot second choice. Third choice purple robots.
20200229_141452 (resized).jpg20200229_141452 (resized).jpg20230625_114710 (resized).jpg20230625_114710 (resized).jpg

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Hey that looks familiar!!
Not sure what anyone else thinks but I’m kinda partial to the Air Raid Siren!!! It looks clean and fits in with so much of the artwork! I like it!

#5406 1 year ago

Anyone have the part number for the Pro FF translite? Trying to order one.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

Anyone have the part number for the Pro FF translite? Trying to order one.

Manual says the Pro translite is 830-8427-U5.

#5408 1 year ago

Just got delivered my FF Pro yesterday. First pin and loving it so far. Have room for my second as well, coming soon hopefully (GZ Premium). I guess I am hooked now.

FF Pro (resized).jpgFF Pro (resized).jpg
#5409 1 year ago

Hey all. Looking to get a FF machine. Trying to decide between Premium and LE. Obviously there is a cash difference. Thoughts if the LE is worth it? I had purchased an LE GnR and mod'd the heck out of it and thought that was a great compromise. Is that an option? Any other thoughts on the machine purchase would be appreciated. Also, I am looking to move my WoZ LE. Please let me know if anyone wants to make at trade (+/- cash). Dave

#5410 1 year ago

The LE is worth it to Me.I dont think There is a CE

#5411 1 year ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Hey all. Looking to get a FF machine. Trying to decide between premium and LE. Obviously there is a cash difference. Thoughts if the CE is worth it? I had purchased an LE GnR and mod'd the heck out of it and thought that was a great compromise. Is that an option? Any other thoughts on the machine purchase would be appreciated. Also, I am looking to move my WoZ LE. Please let me know if anyone wants to make at trade (+/- cash). Dave

There is no CE, Stern makes Pro, Premium & LE in this machine. To me, the extra money for the LE features are worth it, but FF is my favorite band and this is my dream theme

#5412 1 year ago

Hey all. Looking to get a FF machine. Trying to decide between premium and LE. Obviously there is a cash difference. Thoughts if the CE is worth it? I had purchased an LE GnR and mod'd the heck out of it and thought that was a great compromise. Is that an option? Any other thoughts on the machine purchase would be appreciated. Also, I am looking to move my WoZ LE. Please let me know if anyone wants to make at trade (+/- cash). Dave

Love my LE. Perfect example of the game, begging for the black light treatment.

#5413 1 year ago

If only I could find a Banner.

#5414 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

There is no CE, Stern makes Pro, Premium & LE in this machine. To me, the extra money for the LE features are worth it, but FF is my favorite band and this is my dream theme

I corrected my post. Good catch.

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The LE is worth it to Me.I dont think There is a CE

Corrected my post. Good catch. I meant to type LE.

#5416 1 year ago

Hey all. Looking to get a FF machine. Trying to decide between Premium and LE. Obviously there is a cash difference. Thoughts if the LE is worth it? I had purchased an LE GnR and mod'd the heck out of it and thought that was a great compromise. Is that an option? Any other thoughts on the machine purchase would be appreciated. Also, I am looking to move my WoZ LE. Please let me know if anyone wants to make at trade (+/- cash). Dave

It comes down to - do you want the bling that can’t be modded? Mirrored backglass & foil cab decals? If you get a Prem, you can do the powdercoat yourself, add a shaker, add expression lighting, add beefier speakers, add invisiglass. However, after that time & money - maybe it’s just easier to get the LE? That was my logic & why I just went LE. I like all the included extras & the mirror/foil look.

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Manual says the Pro translite is 830-8427-U5.

Thank you!

#5418 1 year ago

I haven't seen the translite for sale anywhere yet, I don't think it is (but could be wrong). I got mine from a launch party

#5419 1 year ago

If you are a big FF fan or you plan on keep the game for a long period of time, go with the LE but otherwise I would get a premium. The biggest selling point to the LE is really the expression lighting otherwise... It's all about the looks.

#5420 1 year ago

I'm ready to buy a Premium in Western PA for home use. Anyone in this area have any preferred to distributors?

#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

I'm ready to buy a Premium in Western PA for home use. Anyone in this area have any preferred to distributors?

Arcade Game Sales of Md. +1 (410) 310-8852 ask for Joe. Tell him Joe Brewer sent ya

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I haven't seen the translite for sale anywhere yet, I don't think it is (but could be wrong). I got mine from a launch party

If you email Terry at pinball life he can get them if they're available.

#5423 1 year ago

I have all three models, kept the Pro in the shop for testing Mods ( right…. Never play it at work) and the LE is in the gameroom at home. The Prem never got opened since all three were the same for my Tour Van MOD.

But of all of them… the LE will NEVER leave the building…. Ever! This is my top game and in my opinion the best game made to date… by anyone. My opinion mind you, others are sure to disagree.

#5424 1 year ago

Got my premium this week.

One recurring problem tho, it seems like a good 80% of the times I get the Overdrive save, the ball bounces up and hits the underside of the left flipper and drains. It's rare for it to get to the right one. Anyone else have this issue?

And yes, I do raise the left flipper

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

Got my premium this week.
One recurring problem tho, it seems like a good 80% of the times I get the Overdrive save, the ball bounces up and hits the underside of the left flipper and drains. It's rare for it to get to the right one. Anyone else have this issue?
And yes, I do raise the left flipper

There's a link to the fix in the topic index. Go to the top of any page in this thread, hit topic index, then click "keypost summary" (to sort by name) then look in the "TECH: PLAYFIELD" section.

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

If only I could find a Banner.

I may sell my custom foo banner since I’m moving. Better than sterns imo.

IMG_6645 (resized).jpegIMG_6645 (resized).jpeg
#5427 1 year ago

Got my premium yesterday. Put in the shaker, volume controller, PinMonk fan (an essential) and his insert bracket kit. Then put about 3 hours of play on it. I can’t believe how quickly I hear “wake up…”. I have one game around 200m and finished two cities, but holy crap there were so many really quick games. It’s a great add to the collection in that regard. The dead post is awesome. I really hope DeadFlip makes that a standard on every one of his games. The game is so fast and I had a ton of shots just naturally bounce back into play after whiffing on them. It seems like almost every game I have a scenario where two balls get put into the shooter lane in error, hopefully that’s a code thing as I think I have seen a few people post about that. Now I need to start studying the rules but given its been nearly 2 months since a code update it seems the next one will be a whammy. Hopefully we get one next week.

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

It seems like almost every game I have a scenario where two balls get put into the shooter lane in error, hopefully that’s a code thing as I think I have seen a few people post about that.

Check the shooter lane switch. It may not be fully engaging or bouncing closed then open, confusing the machine. You might need to raise the switch arm wire just a bit so it more reliably registers. Also, while you're at it, set the trough eject to like 180 in the settings menu to save wear and tear.

#5429 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Got my premium yesterday. Put in the shaker, volume controller, PinMonk fan (an essential) and his insert bracket kit. Then put about 3 hours of play on it. I can’t believe how quickly I hear “wake up…”. I have one game around 200m and finished two cities, but holy crap there were so many really quick games. It’s a great add to the collection in that regard. The dead post is awesome. I really hope DeadFlip makes that a standard on every one of his games. The game is so fast and I had a ton of shots just naturally bounce back into play after whiffing on them. It seems like almost every game I have a scenario where two balls get put into the shooter lane in error, hopefully that’s a code thing as I think I have seen a few people post about that. Now I need to start studying the rules but given its been nearly 2 months since a code update it seems the next one will be a whammy. Hopefully we get one next week.

FYI, I don't think it is a code issue. I have 125 games on my LE and never served 2 balls once.

#5430 1 year ago

Dave made a documentary called "What Drives US" about bands & their vans. It includes the van featured in this game.

#5431 1 year ago

I installed the Wizard Mod art blades today & they look great

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/foo-fighters-pinball-wizblades

#5432 1 year ago

Any cool custom apron cards available for FF ?

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from Homebru:

FYI, I don't think it is a code issue. I have 125 games on my LE and never served 2 balls once.

I have over a 1,000 on mine and agree.

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

stumblor teased some apron cards on FB…his mods are top notch, so probably going to kick ass

IMG_0006 (resized).jpegIMG_0006 (resized).jpeg
#5435 1 year ago

Stumblor's mods are great, and I'm sure the tech on it will be great, but why does everyone in the band look like they just stepped barefoot on a lego?

#5436 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Yes, the foobot seems likely

#5437 1 year ago

Is there a power adjustment in the settings for the up kicker on the right side?

#5438 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Is there a power adjustment in the settings for the up kicker on the right side?

No, but you can make the switch less sensitive by adjusting the arm a bit so the lever goes deeper before it's triggered which should give you a harder kick.

#5439 1 year ago

I got apron cards from this seller on ebay ... makes some nice ones ... Several to choose from.

ebay.com link: usr

#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have these

8A92E273-2EE1-4DF6-BE61-7A9F4469DE4D (resized).jpeg8A92E273-2EE1-4DF6-BE61-7A9F4469DE4D (resized).jpeg
#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Settings, boss hog, tighten up the mb settings.

You're right. On any HUO game, we ought to set it to our liking. I've done a few adjustments, but have yet to really get into the settings to make it better for me and the kids....One time, I made Wonka super easy to obtain the golden tickets, and I conquered the game on the first try. it was cool, however I failed to set it hard enough to challenge the average player like myself. I'm lazy enough to only adjust the outlanes so that there are not constant drains. I should dive into the mode settings on all games and get it really "right" for the group I play with and myself. Sometimes I feel obligated to make it really easy just so casual players can enjoy it plenty and get lured into the hobby. I'm allways recruiting players.

#5442 1 year ago

well, my Premium translite is in the mail. while I wait for my Pro translite, I printed a temp.

2023-06-26 10.46.56 (resized).jpg2023-06-26 10.46.56 (resized).jpg
#5443 1 year ago

I would swap my premium for pro also!

#5444 1 year ago

by the way, when I swapped out my sub I noticed the bolts that hold it in place are shorter than the bolts in my Munsters & Aerosmith. I'm going to have to swing my Home depot & grab longer ones. The Kickers in the backbox fit exactly the same as the others.

2023-06-25 11.00.30 (resized).jpg2023-06-25 11.00.30 (resized).jpg
#5445 1 year ago

Received my invoice for 2nd run Foo Prem!

#5446 1 year ago

Charlie Wampler informed me he has some premiums coming in currently. He is based out of the Midwest but ships anywhere and is a highly regarded distributor. He can be reached at +1 (410) 746-3503. Let him know Joe Brewer sent ya!

#5447 1 year ago

Looking forward to the next code update, it’s been a while since the last one so I’m hoping for something significant. They set expectations too high with frequent code updates at the start!

#5448 1 year ago

Is anybody here getting there FF Prem from great America pinball? If so, have you heard anything yet?

#5449 1 year ago

Hey guys, something came up last night that I think I had read in this thread. During one of the city modes the Overlord ball lock activated but the machine then lost track of the ball. Goes thru its shake cycle and then finally releases the ball. I seem to recall this is a known issue and is due for correction in software?

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Hey guys, something came up last night that I think I had read in this thread. During one of the city modes the Overlord ball lock activated but the machine then lost track of the ball. Goes thru its shake cycle and then finally releases the ball. I seem to recall this is a known issue and is due for correction in software?

I’ve definitely reported this to the bug email with video support. Hopefully fixed in the next update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

8,999 (Firm)
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Crescent, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mcdermott, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Harrisonburg, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 16.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

There are 14,118 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 283.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.