IMG_4696 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4704 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4703 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2160 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 283.
#5351 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

LE #989 delivered yesterday!
Additions so far:
- Titan rubbers; translucent rings, purple flippers, light blue posts
- Clear plastic protectors
- PinMonk's plush washers, badge frame, and rock-o-meter gel insert
- Shooter plate from Tilt
- Replaced all flipper coil stops
I even replaced the captive ball post rubber. THAT WAS FUN. While I was there, I swapped out the ball back there as well.
I had the PinDefender installed, but did not like how the ball came out of the shooter lane with it. So I took it out and opted for Mylar instead.
I did not opt for any after-market speakers. This is my first Stern LE, and I wanted to hear what it sounded like first. I played with the sound settings a bit using some previous posters settings, and I think it sounds just fine. I'm sure other speakers would be "better," but I don't see $400 worth of an upgrade here. And I've had Pinwoofer, Pinball Pro, and Flipper Fidelity all before. Just my two cents.
Minor issues:
- Filed down the left flipper button a bit, as it was sticky.
- Bend the apron slightly to get the dead post to work. Took two attempts but it's perfect now.
I still have Doug's speaker light kit and PinMonk's quiet fan to go, but this was enough to get me going.
Holy cow, this game is amazing! And gorgeous, too.

Glad it finally arrived! I'm kinda curious (for anyone that has recent builds) if the playfield lottery is still a thing - it looks like in one of the pics the playfield might have the kinda "textured"-looking clear? Any raising on any of the foo bot inserts?

Also I see some hockey stuff on the walls - do you by chance play hockey in the Omaha area?

#5352 1 year ago

Very important date as if the band is going to record call outs for the game , it will be done on Sept 14th

IMG_7120 (resized).pngIMG_7120 (resized).png
#5353 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Glad it finally arrived! I'm kinda curious (for anyone that has recent builds) if the playfield lottery is still a thing - it looks like in one of the pics the playfield might have the kinda "textured"-looking clear? Any raising on any of the foo bot inserts?
Also I see some hockey stuff on the walls - do you by chance play hockey in the Omaha area?

I picked up my premium last week and there are no playfield issues.

Great game but damn, Stern cuts every corner possible. The workmanship on the cabinet and mechs is really inferior to other manufacturers. Staple holes, wood plugs, tons of plastic, etc. I’ve avoided Stern games for years because of this and the flipper feel (which many prefer) vs Williams and others.

Why mention it here? Because Foo is so good that I can ignore all of that stuff. Blast to play!

#5354 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I picked up my premium last week and there are no playfield issues.
Great game but damn, Stern cuts every corner possible. The workmanship on the cabinet and mechs is really inferior to other manufacturers. Staple holes, wood plugs, tons of plastic, etc. I’ve avoided Stern games for years because of this and the flipper feel (which many prefer) vs Williams and others.
Why mention it here? Because Foo is so good that I can ignore all of that stuff. Blast to play!

Foo was my first Pin.... The speakers.... On a MUSIC pin..... Really Stern? I mean even the LE speakers are only £35 RRP (UK) and that's retail pricing! that was super disapointing. However, other than that. nothing fell apart,it's all screwed together pretty well and it plays brilliantly. having loads of fun! I know it's not a Jersy Jack but it's also 32% cheaper than a JJ in the UK

#5355 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The clear is not perfect, though I think that picture makes it look worse. The finish could still be better; there's a slight orange peel look, especially in certain spots & light. However, the inserts are not raised, so that's good.

The hockey decor is for the Super Chexx Pro. I don't play (or even skate), but a good friend of mine is big into hockey (and pinball!).

#5356 1 year ago

I have a chance to switch my Pro order to a Premium & get it this week instead of in a month. We're doing it BUT my wife prefers the Pro backglass to the alienifed Premium one. What are my options? Can I just buy the pro backglass cause I'm having trouble finding it? any suggestions where I should look? thanks

#5357 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Can I just buy the pro backglass

yes - have seen other owners do this for other titles. LE is the only one you cant buy.

#5358 1 year ago
Quoted from LegoYoda:

Foo was my first Pin.... The speakers.... On a MUSIC pin..... Really Stern? I mean even the LE speakers are only £35 RRP (UK) and that's retail pricing! that was super disapointing. However, other than that. nothing fell apart,it's all screwed together pretty well and it plays brilliantly. having loads of fun! I know it's not a Jersy Jack but it's also 32% cheaper than a JJ in the UK

Their crappy on-board underpowered amplifier circuit is a bigger problem than the speakers. Hopefully someone pushes for an extra $1.50 on spike 3 to have a better amplifier section on the CPU board.

#5359 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I have a chance to switch my Pro order to a Premium & get it this week instead of in a month. We're doing it BUT my wife prefers the Pro backglass to the alienifed Premium one. What are my options? Can I just buy the pro backglass cause I'm having trouble finding it? any suggestions where I should look? thanks

You can get a pro translite after the fact for about $100 (email Terry at pinball life and he can order one for you). I would totally do that upgrade. Had the Pro, really enjoying the extras of the LE machine's playfield (which are the same on the Prem).

Plus you have the option of expression lighting on the Premium. It adds a lot a on Foo and is out of the question if you have a Pro machine.

#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I will PM you. I won a Translite at a launch party and I want the Prem as I already have a pro. Let's trade!

#5361 1 year ago

Attn: Stern! <-------

Today would be a Great Day to do a Foo Fighters software update!

Just say'n

#5362 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus you have the option of expression lighting on the Premium. It adds a lot a on Foo and is out of the question if you have a Pro machine.

I love Exp Lighting - but I feel like it’s not as impactful on Foo as it is on Rush. I’m not sure if that’s because the lighting plays better off of Rush’s pf color scheme & metal VUK ramp, or if the programming of the light shows are just more dynamic….or maybe cuz Foo is so fast I can’t focus on it as much as I can on Rush.

#5363 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love Exp Lighting - but I feel like it’s not as impactful on Foo as it is on Rush. I’m not sure if that’s because the lighting plays better off of Rush’s pf color scheme & metal VUK ramp, or if the programming of the light shows are just more dynamic….or maybe cuz Foo is so fast I can’t focus on it as much as I can on Rush.

For me, Foo feels MORE impactful. I don't know if it's because it lends a more colorful palette to the playfield than RUSH (which seemed to be a more muted palette for the expression lighting effects). I don't have them side by side so I can't quantify it, just going off memories of RUSH vs Foo I have now. I had a RUSH LE and have a Foo LE, so it's a straight across comparison, and I like Foo the best of the Expression Light machines so far.

#5364 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can get a pro translite after the fact for about $100 (email Terry at pinball life and he can order one for you). I would totally do that upgrade. Had the Pro, really enjoying the extras of the LE machine's playfield (which are the same on the Prem).

thanks, I can't tell you how much my wife hates the premium image.

#5365 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I will PM you. I won a Translite at a launch party and I want the Prem as I already have a pro. Let's trade!

this sounds like a sweet offer & I might take you up on it. give me the night to think it over. part of me feels like I should hold onto the original in case I ever sell it. it's unlikely I would but 100 years from now, who knows.

#5366 1 year ago

Quick game after work and I love me sum FBMB I was really hoping for a code update today .I thought it was going down with all the others coming in but will work on some things tonight ,mainly figuring out how to score big on Bot Frenzy .Any pointers ?

IMG_7136 (resized).pngIMG_7136 (resized).pngIMG_7137 (resized).pngIMG_7137 (resized).png
#5367 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

sweet, this worked out perfectly!

#5368 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Quick game after work and I love me sum FBMB I was really hoping for a code update today .I thought it was going down with all the others coming in but will work on some things tonight ,mainly figuring out how to score big on Bot Frenzy .Any pointers ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I try to stack it with New York, then just spinner out, you’ll usually hit stand ups with misses. If you can bring in any kind of Mb that will also hit more stand ups to raise that spinner value.

#5369 1 year ago

Just for the hell of it... Yes it's life size. No it doesn't move. Yes it is awesome!

PXL_20230623_222759815 (resized).jpgPXL_20230623_222759815 (resized).jpgPXL_20230623_222839517 (resized).jpgPXL_20230623_222839517 (resized).jpg
#5370 1 year ago

Got my pro last night and the Lads and I fukn love it

IMG_1819 (resized).jpegIMG_1819 (resized).jpeg
#5371 1 year ago

Excited to replace my flat plastic Pro van with this killer mod from @crcades! It was super easy to install, even for me as a first time machine owner.

Now, if I can just beat the bad mojo that I've had since installing the van...

IMG_2420 (resized).jpegIMG_2420 (resized).jpeg
#5372 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I would take an “Alien Fart” sound code update .945 right now .Make it happen Stern its Friday !!
[quoted image]

They don't typically release updates on Friday. Thursday will be the latest in the week you see them, so if there is a major bug they can release a Friday patch the next day if needed.

#5373 1 year ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Just for the hell of it... Yes it's life size. No it doesn't move. Yes it is awesome!

How do you know its "life size"?

#5374 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyInJax:

Excited to replace my flat plastic Pro van with this killer mod from CRCades! It was super easy to install, even for me as a first time machine owner.
Now, if I can just beat the bad mojo that I've had since installing the van...
[quoted image]

Ya, that bad boy is Sweeet! Glad you found the install video on the product page.

#5375 1 year ago

New look for my Foo, I installed a set of the newly released Violet on the mains, and copper upper right. I'll have a new mini to fit the Foo out in a few weeks as well, along with a flipper shaft support for the upper playfield, test playing it now.

Foo Upper Copper (resized).jpgFoo Upper Copper (resized).jpgFoo Violet Halo Violet bands (resized).jpgFoo Violet Halo Violet bands (resized).jpg
#5376 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They don't typically release updates on Friday. Thursday will be the latest in the week you see them, so if there is a major bug they can release a Friday patch the next day if needed.

Thanks . I have not cleared the 2 mini’s in a single game yet so I’m not anxious about that ,but I am anxious to get more content from the characters as the rounding out of the story line with “one liners “ is calling me The more I play this , the more I think this is the best upper playfield in pinball as it has just enough shots in a small space (while keeping things viewable ) and the diverter shot just needs some work to help make it the “Big Moment “ it deserves to be .Stumblors Area 51 mod will really pretty round off the looks nicely .The price jump to a Prem is worth it for the play up there alone imo .I have not noticed ,but scoring should be large up there during MBs after the ball save light stops flashing ,does that make sense ? Lastly I’m hoping the in lane stand ups get a more important roll going forward as they’re a blast , and challenging hitting those .So onward we go

#5377 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

New look for my Foo, I installed a set of the newly released Violet on the mains, and copper upper right. I'll have a new mini to fit the Foo out in a few weeks as well, along with a flipper shaft support for the upper playfield, test playing it now.

That copper with the clears is a Sweet look bud

#5378 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The more I play this , the more I think this is the best upper playfield in pinball

I agree, I was having a non inspired game last night and when you mash that Top Secret target and the song begins it is just so dam satisfying!

#5379 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed that the layout for FF is 90% the same as Black Rose?

#5380 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5381 1 year ago
20230624_075259 (resized).jpg20230624_075259 (resized).jpg
#5382 1 year ago

Shoutout @pinmonk. Installed the colored lense brackets last night. You don’t realize how bad the inserts need them until they are actually installed. Here’s a quick video for anyone interested. Take note of the blue lightning bolts, the purple bot inserts, the rock o meter and Austin/overlord/dc inserts. Looks factory. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to make the playfield lightshow pop just a little bit more.

#5383 1 year ago

#5384 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Maybe 35% with ball paths only .

#5385 1 year ago

Got my Pro all finished (at least until the topper comes out). Last touches were to install the van from CRCades and glow in the dark Titans. Not sure if I’ll stick with the glow rubbers but the van looks great!

IMG_0406 (resized).jpegIMG_0406 (resized).jpeg
#5386 1 year ago

Is the LE powder coat uv reactive?

#5387 1 year ago
#5388 1 year ago

Got my Prem in and added the shaker and pinwoofer kit, with a subwoofer under the game. Such a difference then the stock audio crap. Only having one minor issue so far, sometimes getting two balls loaded into the shooter lane. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

#5389 1 year ago

Reseating the two connections to the ball trough worked for me

#5390 1 year ago

Had to change my shooting lane adjustment bolt because I twisted the head off the other one and removed the pin defender. Pin defender just doesn’t work good enough in Foo, with the auto launch. Many of hours adjusting. Goes in much easier than getting it out.

#5391 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Only having one minor issue so far, sometimes getting two balls loaded into the shooter lane. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Either a trough board connector or you need to raise the shooter lane switch arm a little so it registers that there's a ball there when ejected from the trough into the lane sooner/more reliably.

#5392 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Nope don’t see it

#5393 1 year ago

Just got out Pro model Foo van in the mail from CRCades.
Super high quality and a good weight to it as well.

IMG_3604 (resized).jpegIMG_3604 (resized).jpeg
#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:Is the LE powder coat uv reactive?

Yes

#5395 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just got out Pro model Foo van in the mail from CRCades.
Super high quality and a good weight to it as well.[quoted image]

just an FYI, the original Van from stern is 3.5oz and ours is 4.3 so there is a +.8oz increase with our Foo Fighter Tour Van by CRCades. Glad you like it and I can’t wait to hear your input once it’s installed!!
The install video is on the product page for each version. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades

#5396 1 year ago
Quoted from CRCades:just an FYI, the original Van from stern is 3.5oz and ours is 4.3 so there is a +.8oz with our Foo Fighter Tour Van by CRCades. Glad you like it and I can’t wait to hear your input once it’s installed!!
The install video is on the product page for each version. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades

Watched the vid and got it installed in just a few minutes.
Works and looks fantastic.
What was a really nice touch was the indention in the bottom of the van where the ramp just fits in perfectly to accept the screw.

#5397 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I could not be happier that FF is not a multiball jukebox like GNR.

I agree with you on that. I own GNR and it's kind of lazy how they coded it.

#5398 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

For every person that feels this way, there's at least another person that would dog on Stern for making "just another rinse and repeat music pin". The good news in that respect is there are a lot of other choices for music pins out there (though I could see it being disappointing if someone was a big FF fan and specifically wanted the traditional "play pinball to video clips of band playing live").
I think this is one of if not arguably the best uses of the LCD screen in a Stern game. Those animations have a ton of character and are original, vs. usually LCD content either being straight existing video clips from the theme content or some hastily slapped together animations. To me one of the things I enjoyed about the DMD era was the creativity in the animations that it forced, and this is on a short list of games that echo that feeling in the LCD era.

you are right. The animations are new and interesting. I have come to realize that the "concert clips" are an easy way out for the animations team on other titles. I guess that's why I love imdn. I also guess I just wish the music was more of the star in this pin. it feels like it wasn't emphasized enough, but deserved to be.

#5399 1 year ago

Foo is the only machine in our collection w/o a topper so I was trying to deiced what it'll end up looking like. I was thinking the official topper could follow Ghostbusters lead & add the lights from the top of the van. I mocked it up using CRCades van rack. the other thought was the FF air raid sirens. what do you guys want to see?

FooFighters-topper-1 (resized).pngFooFighters-topper-1 (resized).pngFooFighters-topper-2 (resized).pngFooFighters-topper-2 (resized).png
#5400 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

I own GNR and it's kind of lazy how they coded it.

Settings, boss hog, tighten up the mb settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summit, NJ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Harrisonburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Traverse City, MI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brunswick, GA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

There are 14,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 283.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.