(Topic ID: 332363)

Foo Fighters Mod Thread - What Are You Making?

By mikespins

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 394 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by JH315
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LordZaedor-Scout3 (resized).jpg
LordZaedor-Scout4 (resized).jpg
IMG_0536 (resized).jpg
LordZador (resized).png
IMG_5621(1) (resized).jpeg
IMG_0893 (resized).jpeg
FooLights-Comparison2 (resized).jpg
FooLights-Wiring (resized).jpg
FooLights-Bridge (resized).jpg
FooLights-Layout (resized).jpg
FooLights-Trap (resized).jpg
FooLights-Colors (resized).jpg
IMG_5243 (resized).jpeg
foo no flash (resized).jpg
IMG_5136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5138 (resized).jpeg
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 11 months ago

Another batch of Dave shooter rods is ready to go. $100 shipped in the US.

D826C924-982C-45B6-B307-538602A17A77 (resized).jpegD826C924-982C-45B6-B307-538602A17A77 (resized).jpeg
#152 11 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mirror blades
Pinstadiums
Uv titan rubbers
Plastic protectors
Flipper toppers
Shaker
Gel inserts
Jus need pinwoofers and speaker lights.
[quoted image]

Looks great. About the same I am doing with mine. Underestimated the time it takes to get it all installed.

What are gel inserts?

#153 11 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Looks great. About the same I am doing with mine. Underestimated the time it takes to get it all installed.
What are gel inserts?

https://pinmonk.com/

#154 11 months ago

Foo Fighters Silhouette Toppers are now available in my Pinside Shop and will be available soon at Mezelmods.

This topper uses the screws on the top of the backbox to install.

This is a three-piece, laser cut, powder-coated metal for $135 in my Shop. It does not come with the illumination kits through my Shop because those are a Mezelmod product. If you want the illumination kits, you would need to order through Mezelmods.

I currently have 15 Silhouette toppers available for Stern games. AIQ is coming soon.

One pic below shows the topper without lighting, and a few screen grabs of the color-changing illumination kit from Mezelmods (not included).

FF Edited Without Lighting (resized).jpgFF Edited Without Lighting (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 4 (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 4 (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 5 (resized).jpgFF Edited Lit 5 (resized).jpg
#155 11 months ago

Made some fun hinge plates/decoration for my Godzilla and Bond a while back.
IMG_2586 (resized).JPGIMG_2586 (resized).JPG
IMG_2589 (resized).JPGIMG_2589 (resized).JPG

So I made a set for my FF LE as well, came out nice! I 3D printed these for a little touch of dimension but they'd be very do-able as a single or dual layer decal as well.

IMG_2584 (resized).jpgIMG_2584 (resized).jpg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPGIMG_2585 (resized).JPG

#156 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
So I made a set for my FF LE as well, came out nice! I 3D printed these for a little touch of dimension but they'd be very do-able as a single or dual layer decal as well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not normally a fan of stuff on the hinges but these are awesome, really nice designs and work!

#157 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Will you be selling these? I’d love a set for my LE.

#158 11 months ago

I have all of the Pinmonk insert colored brackets in my game. I personally think they look FANTASTIC and were super easy to install. You can see them in action here. The blue lightning bolts really stand out to me.

#159 11 months ago

Foo Fighters custom glass cover. Fits perfectly on the glass to keep any dust off the playfield. Made from a soft canvas material. Available in my Pinside store. Thanks.

Cover 1 (resized).jpgCover 1 (resized).jpg
#160 11 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

Foo Fighters custom glass cover. Fits perfectly on the glass to keep any dust off the playfield. Made from a soft canvas material. Available in my Pinside store. Thanks.
[quoted image]

This is sick...have one for Rush too?

#161 11 months ago

Anybody making or know of any cool shooter rod plate covers for foo fighters? I know tilt has a couple, but I’m not a fan of those.

#162 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody making or know of any cool shooter rod plate covers for foo fighters? I know tilt has a couple, but I’m not a fan of those.

I think TroyS is printing some with the FF logo that look pretty clean. I ended up using the Backstage Pass one from Tilt as it seemed to fit the theme well and I already have some other stuff with logos added to the machine.

#163 11 months ago

Thanks for the shout out.

Whether you got a Pro/Prem or LE I got your color choices and are ready to ship!

Reach out and I’ll get you hooked up.

0A8F77A5-3EF3-42F8-BC32-FCFD650A0B3C (resized).jpeg0A8F77A5-3EF3-42F8-BC32-FCFD650A0B3C (resized).jpegE7A7EAF4-B4C8-4633-A86C-961299F09FD4 (resized).jpegE7A7EAF4-B4C8-4633-A86C-961299F09FD4 (resized).jpeg
#164 11 months ago

Also got some awesome start buttons, game plaque backer, coin buttons and tribute plates.

04432AF5-57AE-4492-8763-33D32846626A (resized).jpeg04432AF5-57AE-4492-8763-33D32846626A (resized).jpeg500EE8EA-97F4-48AD-8168-881DCEB6907D (resized).jpeg500EE8EA-97F4-48AD-8168-881DCEB6907D (resized).jpeg5C479E92-75A4-4D31-9783-F6710818F40F (resized).jpeg5C479E92-75A4-4D31-9783-F6710818F40F (resized).jpegBCB4B58F-6A5A-4A7A-8A43-89D47D04B1EB (resized).jpegBCB4B58F-6A5A-4A7A-8A43-89D47D04B1EB (resized).jpegE3D95155-6F01-49BF-9487-29375D7E0742 (resized).jpegE3D95155-6F01-49BF-9487-29375D7E0742 (resized).jpegF458B564-EBA5-4347-817E-89E8017582CF (resized).jpegF458B564-EBA5-4347-817E-89E8017582CF (resized).jpeg
#165 11 months ago

This week I have a great mod with lights coming out as well.

#166 11 months ago

Ive just put up a preorder for may for my new "deLuxE" armor for #Foo Fighters (as well as Godzilla and #Rush)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08505-pinbawlers-deluxe-armor-pre-order

these will not be made on demand as the process is completely different and to make them reasonable cost I'm going to order the material at one time (every so often) and just pump them out. I probably will have extras after each run but they will be priced higher than the pre-order price if any exist.

IMG_2362 (resized).JPGIMG_2362 (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGIMG_2363 (resized).JPGgz (resized).JPGgz (resized).JPG

#167 11 months ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I’m just catching up on this thread. Here’s a couple mods I’ve made for Foo Fighters.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sign me up for a topper!

#168 11 months ago

Hey Guys…Together with Stumblor I’ve been working on an ‘upgraded’ Overlord mod. Here’s a tease on where we’re at.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes Please !!!. This looks amazing. Please put me on the list.

#169 11 months ago

Speaker Inserts and Shooter Plates are now ready in my store!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08520-foo-fighters-speaker-inserts

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08518-foo-fighters-shooter-plate
Foo Speaker 1 (resized).jpgFoo Speaker 1 (resized).jpgFoo Speaker 6 (resized).jpgFoo Speaker 6 (resized).jpgshooter plate Foo 1 (resized).jpgshooter plate Foo 1 (resized).jpgshooter plate Foo 2 (resized).jpgshooter plate Foo 2 (resized).jpg

#170 11 months ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Never knew we had a mod specific thread. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

must have that van speaker surround.

#171 11 months ago
Quoted from Mutt:

must have that van speaker surround.

Seconded!

#172 11 months ago

New BomberMods Mod Drop!

Time to blast your Foo horns and rock a great game. I got The Foo Horns that mount to your spotlight post ready to ship!

Check it out in the Market!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08538-foo-horns

TroyS @ BomberMods!

Horns (1 of 3) (resized).jpgHorns (1 of 3) (resized).jpgHorns (2 of 3) (resized).jpgHorns (2 of 3) (resized).jpgfoohorns (resized).jpgfoohorns (resized).jpg
#173 11 months ago

If you’re like me, you like to relocate the Insider Connected QR scanner from the top of the apron, to the coin door. However, this leaves a blank spot…Introducing FlipMods IC Apron Covers! Give your game a custom 3D look while accomplishing relocating the scanner with this custom evil Overlord cover.

https://flipmods.com/product/overlord-ic-cover/
and
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1378-flipmods/08543-foo-fighters-ic-apron-cover-relocation-kit-available

Foo-Fighters-Overlord-IC-Cover.jpgFoo-Fighters-Overlord-IC-Cover.jpg
More games are currently in the works!

#174 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

New BomberMods Mod Drop!
Time to blast your Foo horns and rock a great game. I got The Foo Horns that mount to your spotlight post ready to ship!
Check it out in the Market!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1509-bombermods/08538-foo-horns
TroyS @ BomberMods!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s pretty sweet, if you could enlarge it and slightly and incorporate the spot light that would be incredible!

#175 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s pretty sweet, if you could enlarge it and slightly and incorporate the spot light that would be incredible!

If he takes the reflector off the spotlight (useless with the forward facing LED that's outside the dish anyway) and the locking tab and made it so the horn for the spotlight slid onto the light stand from above it would be a pretty seamless on brand mod.

#176 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If he takes the reflector off the spotlight (useless with the forward facing LED that's outside the dish anyway) and the locking tab and made it so the horn for the spotlight slid onto the light stand from above it would be a pretty seamless on brand mod.

We've been working on this idea for awhile, at some point we'll wrap it up. Just too many projects going on

#177 11 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

We've been working on this idea for awhile, at some point we'll wrap it up. Just too many projects going on

You know I’m in .

#178 11 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

tdiddy I'm in on this mod as well once completed!

#179 11 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

tdiddy I'm in on this mod as well once completed!

Current status at Diddy's

2d8 (1) (resized).jpg2d8 (1) (resized).jpg
#180 11 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I vant one!… actually 2 plz.

#181 11 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

In ...love it

#182 11 months ago

If its a van for the pro I am all in for sure!! Still waiting for that July run to get my Foo Fighters pro.

#183 11 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

If its a van for the pro I am all in for sure!! Still waiting for that July run to get my Foo Fighters pro.

Yeah hoping to have the Van sometime late June to early July

#184 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did try to integrate the spotlight but the scale for the whole horn did not fit right. After printing many sizes and styles and some Foo player feedback I choose the size it is now.

#185 11 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Current status at Diddy's
[quoted image]

I don’t know what an Avriay is but if it’s for JP, sign me up!

#186 11 months ago

Making a bunch of FF banners for a local show. Expect them to sell out quickly.

137CAB21-C91E-4581-B2C5-04ED6A5F85BC (resized).jpeg137CAB21-C91E-4581-B2C5-04ED6A5F85BC (resized).jpeg
#187 11 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I don’t know what an Aviary is but if it’s for JP, sign me up!

Ha .......its pretty cool .....definitely something special

#188 11 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah hoping to have the Van sometime late June to early July

I'll be on the lookout

#189 11 months ago

A few more mods ready.

First is lighting up the plastic under the right wireform. All other plastics in the game are lit except this one. Before and after pics shown.

Second is an interactive Area 51 beacon for the prem/le for those keeping the stock set up. The beacon activates when the Area 51 insert in front of the right ramp is lit. Here’s a few videos of it in action. No drilling or cutting of the plastic required.

We also have an Area 51 mod coming for the pro that will replace the existing plastic. It too will have an interactive beacon. I hope to be able to show it tomorrow.

Both now available on our website:

https://lermods.com/collections/foo-fighters-pinball-machine-modifications

IMG_0222 (resized).jpegIMG_0222 (resized).jpegIMG_0218 (resized).jpegIMG_0218 (resized).jpegIMG_0215 (resized).jpegIMG_0215 (resized).jpeg
#190 11 months ago

Ice blue trough and backboard

IMG_0209 (resized).jpegIMG_0209 (resized).jpegIMG_0210 (resized).jpegIMG_0210 (resized).jpeg
#191 11 months ago

I parked some of the designs as really need the game to finalise some of my designs like the Pro Area 51 Building and a few other things but have finished the next Bot versions with revised lighting and mounting. I get my Pro in about 10 days so then can get right into it.

The UFO latest version will come with 3 mounts giving the custom variety of where to mount and get the look you are after - UFO flying level / UFO flying down (crash mode) and UFO flying upwards and then the UFO can bank a full 360 degrees so people can really customise the mounting.

The Tri Bot is a new version that has a central mount point but people can adjust the legs / or I lock in place - haven't decided yet. Once I get the game I will work out the ramp and wire form mounting.

Tri Bot 1 (resized).pngTri Bot 1 (resized).pngTri Bot 2 (resized).pngTri Bot 2 (resized).pngUFO 1 (resized).pngUFO 1 (resized).pngUFO 2 (resized).pngUFO 2 (resized).png

#192 11 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I parked some of the designs as really need the game to finalise some of my designs like the Pro Area 51 Building and a few other things but have finished the next Bot versions with revised lighting and mounting. I get my Pro in about 10 days so then can get right into it.
The UFO latest version will come with 3 mounts giving the custom variety of where to mount and get the look you are after - UFO flying level / UFO flying down (crash mode) and UFO flying upwards and then the UFO can bank a full 360 degrees so people can really customise the mounting.
The Tri Bot is a new version that has a central mount point but people can adjust the legs / or I lock in place - haven't decided yet. Once I get the game I will work out the ramp and wire form mounting.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really looking great!! Wonderful idea with all the articulation and mounting options… lets get those machines down under Stern!!

#193 11 months ago

I finished up the Rocket Bot today and it will have about 10-12mm height adjustment so you can lock it in place as it has landed or hover coming in for landing.

Rocket Bot 1 (resized).pngRocket Bot 1 (resized).pngRocket Bot 2 (resized).pngRocket Bot 2 (resized).png

Bot Squad assembled so you can have an idea of scale. The UFO is 2" round
Bot Squad (resized).pngBot Squad (resized).png

#194 11 months ago

Looking good! Will Rocket Bot have an adorable little dot matrix face?

#195 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I have already spoke to Jady about animated faces, whatever he does it will look cool. Speaking of cool without saying too much as it’s not my place, just wait until you see where another version of that tri-bot (not shown) can be mounted!

#196 11 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

yes he will but it will be a bright coloured vinyl decal as the screen width is only 14mm wide.

#197 11 months ago

Short video of our replacement for the Area 51 pro plastic. Prototype shown, production model will have a decal or two on the right side of the fence and the prongs where the ball exits will be bent back as if crashing into the building. Similar interaction of the beacon with the Area 51 insert that we did on the premium and LE.

#198 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Short video of our replacement for the Area 51 pro plastic. Prototype shown, production model will have a decal or two on the right side of the fence and the prongs where the ball exits will be bent back as if crashing into the building. Similar interaction of the beacon with the Area 51 insert that we did on the premium and LE.

That's nice

#199 11 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I finished up the Rocket Bot today and it will have about 10-12mm height adjustment so you can lock it in place as it has landed or hover coming in for landing.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Bot Squad assembled so you can have an idea of scale. The UFO is 2" round
[quoted image]

Nice work!

#200 11 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mirror blades
Pinstadiums
Uv titan rubbers
Plastic protectors
Flipper toppers
Shaker
Gel inserts
Jus need pinwoofers and speaker lights.
[quoted image]

what are GEL INSERTS?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 394 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-mod-thread-what-are-you-making/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.